Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

When Equipment Has Gone Too Far

632 replies to this topic

#631 jplroper

jplroper

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288987
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

View Postcgasucks, on 07 January 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

DJs win at Kaplua is so so similar to Els's win there in 2003 (he also won by 8 strokes).  Back then he was using the a little known Titleist club called the 983K and everyone was in awe of how much farther he hit the club with it.  As a result, there was huge buzz for that club and it flew off retailer's shelves. Looking back now, it was the indian and not the arrow that give him such a wide margin of victory (the windy conditions there helped a bit as well).
Just started reading this thread and found it ironic that 3 days ago I traded a fairly new taylormade driver for a very nice condition 983K. There where other clubs involved in the trade so its not quite as lopsided as it sounds. The Taylormade I couldn't get anything done with, so far the 983K seems manageable at the range  anyway.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#632 storm319

storm319

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

View PostNard_S, on 21 January 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

Putt lines are a function of speed. That it is what I meant by "80%".

Whatever, ..........thanks you guys cured me.

Ball speed is primarily impacted by club speed, so any perceived difference you see on the green are more a function of the archer, not the arrow.

#633 farmer

farmer

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
GolfWRX Likes : 2740

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

View Poststorm319, on 20 January 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postpinestreetgolf, on 20 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

There isn't a human alive who can read greens or aim a putter well enough that the tiny amount of mass multiplied by the force of gravity over the length of the putt matters. Never mind that he's claiming he was able to tell with his naked eye, which is even more ridiculous.

Agreed. Not to mention he could be striking the ball differently to compensate for the difference in perceived feel between the two balls. Inconsistencies with the wound ball (out of round, off center core) could have an impact as well.

What is even more ridiculous are the putting inconsistency complaints while claiming no distance loss off the tee :cheesy:
I can't imagine that a rubber band can be stretched, even in a vacuum, without suffering material fatigue.  A 20 year old stretched rubber band cannot be the same as it was originally wound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors