Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mitsubishi Tensei Red vs Matrix X5 Shafts??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigswede

Bigswede

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46399
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone have any experience or impressions of these two high launch driver shafts? After testing I am down to these two and need  tie breaker votes from fellow golfers! Appreciate any advice.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 TollBros

TollBros

Overseer of the Test Range

• Sponsors
  • 3,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
GolfWRX Likes : 2392

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

The Tensei Red is meant to really elevate the ball and it does just that. It's a shaft that is still pretty stable for the profile, but the launch and spin are higher than most anything you would hit these days. It's a pretty big departure from what most shafts are focusing on these days. That said, for slower swing speeds who need that spin, it should be a welcome change.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

#3 Ray Jackson

Ray Jackson

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69784
  • Handicap:0.5
  • Ebay ID:3471ray
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

TollBros, on 08 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

The Tensei Red is meant to really elevate the ball and it does just that. It's a shaft that is still pretty stable for the profile, but the launch and spin are higher than most anything you would hit these days. It's a pretty big departure from what most shafts are focusing on these days. That said, for slower swing speeds who need that spin, it should be a welcome change.

So the Tensei Red that's coming with the new Taylormade M3 is probably a bad fit for a 105 swing speed or could the stiff work? I am a naturally lower ball flight low spin generator. Have turned up my '16 M2 10.5* two clicks to get the right high launch, has a Rogue 60 silver shaft (stiff).

#4 TollBros

TollBros

Overseer of the Test Range

• Sponsors
  • 3,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
GolfWRX Likes : 2392

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

Ray Jackson, on 11 January 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

So the Tensei Red that's coming with the new Taylormade M3 is probably a bad fit for a 105 swing speed or could the stiff work? I am a naturally lower ball flight low spin generator. Have turned up my '16 M2 10.5* two clicks to get the right high launch, has a Rogue 60 silver shaft (stiff).

Red is higher launch, higher spin than the rest of the line. It's not really swing speed dependent, more so player need based. In the stock form, you should hit both the X and S, as I'm not really sure how the stock retail compares, nor do I know the tipping on the retail product.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

#5 Ray Jackson

Ray Jackson

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69784
  • Handicap:0.5
  • Ebay ID:3471ray
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

TollBros, on 12 January 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

Ray Jackson, on 11 January 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Red is higher launch, higher spin than the rest of the line. It's not really swing speed dependent, more so player need based. In the stock form, you should hit both the X and S, as I'm not really sure how the stock retail compares, nor do I know the tipping on the retail product.

Thanks for the tips, yeah the X versus Stiff may help vary the spin, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors