Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Peloton Bike

Peloton

38 replies to this topic

#31 Noles

Noles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136360
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

Agreed.  I have a playlist on my ipod that is just from songs heard on Peleton.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Here comes the Boom

Here comes the Boom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291121
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

Love my new bike ..... riding it 30 minutes in the morning and  30 minutes in the  evening

#33 ChronicSlicer

ChronicSlicer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444562
GolfWRX Likes : 732

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

I do not have any exercise stuff because I`m way to lazy, but the thought crossed my mind once.Since spending (for me at least) over 2k on a bike that doesn`t even have tires seems slightly insane I found this alternative for the not so free spenders.

https://www.sippinga...ke-alternative/

#34 KCHEND

KCHEND

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 505538
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:3722golf
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

Can’t think of it like that, we looked at it like a gym membership for a family. Plus you can get a workout anytime

#35 Noles

Noles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostChronicSlicer, on 09 February 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

I do not have any exercise stuff because I`m way to lazy, but the thought crossed my mind once.Since spending (for me at least) over 2k on a bike that doesn`t even have tires seems slightly insane I found this alternative for the not so free spenders.

https://www.sippinga...ke-alternative/
People have to do what is right for them.  For me, this was the best money I ever spent.  I'll spend more for the convenience of getting everything together as opposed to peace mealing things together.  Also, without the bike, you miss out on the platform and metrics which is what separates it from other pieces of equipment.  Seeing your metrics on the screen, and having them compared to other riders or to your own personal history is incredibly motivating.

#36 Banker

Banker

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54006
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

I got mine a few weeks ago.  I love it. Iíve used it almost every day since. Easy to stay motivated and i get that high riding the bike that i could never get running. Did my first 45 minute ride last night.... it wears you out, for sure.
M1 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2 14*
Adams Idea Pro 18*
Ping I25 3-UW
Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
Piretti CW II

#37 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

King and The Chairman of the Board

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 16,792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 13421

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

The app is looking intriguing to me - have a bike and a trainer I can attach it to already.  Just need a bracket for my phone.

The convenience of the actual Peleton bike is really tempting and I know the reviews they allow on their site are extremely positive, but a little research shows a ton of issues with delivery/install/and customer service for the actual bike from folks that don't get to post reviews on their site. Hard to reconcile so giving me pause.

May try the app and go from there!

#38 Noles

Noles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 07:46 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 17 February 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

The app is looking intriguing to me - have a bike and a trainer I can attach it to already.  Just need a bracket for my phone.

The convenience of the actual Peleton bike is really tempting and I know the reviews they allow on their site are extremely positive, but a little research shows a ton of issues with delivery/install/and customer service for the actual bike from folks that don't get to post reviews on their site. Hard to reconcile so giving me pause.

What are the complaints?  I'm sure delivery and install varies depending on who happens to bring your bike but I had 2 guys that were awesome.  One even left me his cell number in case I had any questions after he left.  I haven't had much need for customer service aside from my HR monitor strap coming apart and they sent me a new one immediately.

#39 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

King and The Chairman of the Board

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 16,792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 13421

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

Noles, on 18 February 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Hawkeye77, on 17 February 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

What are the complaints?  I'm sure delivery and install varies depending on who happens to bring your bike but I had 2 guys that were awesome.  One even left me his cell number in case I had any questions after he left.  I haven't had much need for customer service aside from my HR monitor strap coming apart and they sent me a new one immediately.

Glad you had a good experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors