Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Brooks Koepka

Dead Last

190 replies to this topic

#31 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3908

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostDr. Block, on 07 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostVindog, on 07 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 07 January 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Lol guys forecasting a 27yo off a career year to barely win at all going forward. Top level shenanigans.

Too many reasons to steer clear of tour talk these days

It's just an opinion.  When I see Brooks Koepka I see a player who finishes his career with less than 6 wins, even though it could be 2x that.  I am not afraid of being wrong, and maybe he'll prove me just that!

I think this will be a common occurance in the years ahead.  Emerging as dominant only to be swallowed up by the amazing depth of talent on the tour.

6 wins and a major is a great career moving forward on the PGA.

Brooks will be just fine. He has the game to win 1-2 times a year worldwide and be competitive in the majors.

Anyone saying he's a 'flash in the pan' hasn't paid much attention to his game or results.

Taylormade M3 9.5 + Diamana D+ 70X
Taylormade M2 Deep Face 3HL + Diamana D+ 80X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/56M w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist Vokey SM6 60S* w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Elgin, Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 2769

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostBomber_11, on 08 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostDr. Block, on 07 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostVindog, on 07 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 07 January 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Lol guys forecasting a 27yo off a career year to barely win at all going forward. Top level shenanigans.

Too many reasons to steer clear of tour talk these days

It's just an opinion.  When I see Brooks Koepka I see a player who finishes his career with less than 6 wins, even though it could be 2x that.  I am not afraid of being wrong, and maybe he'll prove me just that!

I think this will be a common occurance in the years ahead.  Emerging as dominant only to be swallowed up by the amazing depth of talent on the tour.

6 wins and a major is a great career moving forward on the PGA.

Brooks will be just fine. He has the game to win 1-2 times a year worldwide and be competitive in the majors.

Anyone saying he's a 'flash in the pan' hasn't paid much attention to his game or results.

I struggle to accept that 6 wins and a major is a great career! It's a good career and one that any of us on here would take over and over again but a great career is more than 7 wins over what is likely to be a 20 year plus career.
Titleist 917D2 9.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

2

#33 Langlands

Langlands

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4012
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
  • Location:Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 632

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

Maybe going to a long putter is the answer.
Callaway XR 10.5
Callaway 3h
Mizuno MX-25 3-PW
Cobra King Black Versatile 52,60
Odyssey Marxman X-Act Tank
Progen RedEye Ri-4

3

#34 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Funny I was considering starting a thread on the same topic.  Saw him interviewed before the Hero and he was raving about his game.  Then finishes last, last.  When a guy with his talent finishes last twice it can only be injury or lack of focus.  Since he finished both tourneys I'm thinking its not an injury.  Must have his mind somewhere else right now.
2018 WITB
Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Max 75x
3 Wood:  Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
2-PW:   Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
52* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
58* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
Putter:   Odyssey Protype #6

4

#35 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5243

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

A Major win changes your life, it can be a Willett like situation, injury and lack of focus, it happens


5

#36 pcs11

pcs11

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238603
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
  • Location:North Dakota
GolfWRX Likes : 601

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostMan_O_War, on 07 January 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postbucky316, on 06 January 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

wrist injury per rotoworld....


i thought he always travels with his girlfriend/fiance?

^ This is the underrated comment of the day.

6

#37 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1990

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostSean2, on 07 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Two tournaments and he is done? lol

I remember a few years ago when McIlroy missed two cuts in a row and many opined his career was over. lol

McIlroy's career IS over.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

7

#38 TomBomb51

TomBomb51

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360847
  • Joined: 02/03/2015
  • Location:Utica, NY
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.
2018 Taylormade M3 440 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6s
2017 Taylormade M1 15* - Graphite Design AD DI 7s
2017 Taylormade M1 hybrid 19* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - S300 AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 - KBS 610
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5
Titleist ProV 1x

8

#39 RedWings1

RedWings1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125504
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:Dunham Hills,Moose Ridge,Huntmoore & Kensington GC's, Mi.
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.
TM M4, 8.5*, Fuji Pro TS 73s
2016 TM M1, 4w 17* Fuji Pro TS 73s
Mizuno MP18 FliHi, 3i, bent to 20.5*, CTaper 110s
Bridgestone J15CB, 4-PW, DGPro S300
lofts dialed back to MB numbers.
Cobra King Back, 52*,56* & 60*
Toulon Long Island w/ stability shaft @33"
Srixon Z Star & Bridgestone B330

9

#40 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 18061

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Dr. Block

Dr. Block

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477376
  • Joined: 08/02/2017
  • Location:Aurora, IL
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 650

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

Posted Image

Doesn't the smith machine make that kind of bench the safest of all?

11

#42 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

    Enjoy the Chase.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 3908

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

Smith Machine takes the stabilizer muscles out of it, which in turn hits the larger pectoral muscles more. But I believe can cause imbalance if done too much...

Plus you can bail out anytime on a Smith Machine by locking the hooks in - so yes it's quite safe.
Taylormade M3 9.5 + Diamana D+ 70X
Taylormade M2 Deep Face 3HL + Diamana D+ 80X
Nike VR Pro Blade 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/56M w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist Vokey SM6 60S* w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Nike Method Oven Proto 006
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag

12

#43 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 18061

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

View PostDr. Block, on 08 January 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

Posted Image

Doesn't the smith machine make that kind of bench the safest of all?

Rofl. I never used one. What is it? I see some people standing in those things and thought it was an elevator or cosmic transporter or something ; )

13

#44 downthemiddle22

downthemiddle22

    Some guy who's played beach golf for ten years

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488624
  • Joined: 12/13/2017
  • Location:FL
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostDr. Block, on 08 January 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

Posted Image

Doesn't the smith machine make that kind of bench the safest of all?

Rofl. I never used one. What is it? I see some people standing in those things and thought it was an elevator or cosmic transporter or something ; )




Real men don't use Smith machines. :stop:

14

#45 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4905

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

After reading this thread,  I was overcome with self-astonishment that I actually agree with most of what I read.     Even gave myself a WTF?    

Koepka - a career underachiever.


15

#46 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 18061

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

View Postdownthemiddle22, on 08 January 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostDr. Block, on 08 January 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

Posted Image

Doesn't the smith machine make that kind of bench the safest of all?

Rofl. I never used one. What is it? I see some people standing in those things and thought it was an elevator or cosmic transporter or something ; )




Real men don't use Smith machines. :stop:

Posted Image

16

#47 Need4spd

Need4spd

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
  • Joined: 04/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

What struck me throughout the week was his constant regression. He went out and shot a 75 to fall even further. There aren’t even any signs of life.
In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M1 440 10.5į (2017) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
TaylorMade M2 15į (2017) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI #2 Aldila RIP Alpha 105X
Callaway Rogue Pro 4-5, Apex Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle 6.0
Titleist Vokey Design SM7 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Project X Rifle 6.0
Odyssey O-Works 1W CS
Titleist ProV1X

17

#48 moonshine

moonshine

    06/17/18 Best day of year to watch golf!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:North Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 749

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostNeed4spd, on 08 January 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

What struck me throughout the week was his constant regression. He went out and shot a 75 to fall even further. There aren’t even any signs of life.
I will reiterate point already made that his wrist is jacked and nobody can figure it out right now.  Why he is playing and not resting it is beyond me.
"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

18

#49 bigeasy

bigeasy

    Bigeasy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3724
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:in the short grass rorap,nc
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

He was third in driving distance with a hurt wrist? Clearly he had his mind on whale watching!

Edited by bigeasy, 08 January 2018 - 08:21 PM.

Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
Taylormade Rockeballz Stage 2 tour hybrid 20* or Cleveland Launcher 5 wood19*
Ping I 25 4-PW ZZ65 cushin
Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 S Grind 59* DGS300
Ping Redwood Piper Black
Bridgestone B330, Srixon XV, TP5, Prov1
USGA Handicap 6.2

19

#50 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5243

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

View Postgvogel, on 08 January 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 07 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Two tournaments and he is done? lol

I remember a few years ago when McIlroy missed two cuts in a row and many opined his career was over. lol

McIlroy's career IS over.

Lol


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 48894

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

He'd rather be on a beach in Viet Nam.

21

#52 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Trap Draw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
  • Location:Scotts Valley, CA
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1138

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

View PostRedWings1, on 08 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

If that were the case then Sergio would have bionic wrist replacements by now. :p
Posted Image M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Posted Image 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
  Posted Image  XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X
| | Posted Image SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
Posted Image Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || Posted Image SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
Posted Image Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Posted Image V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
Posted Image MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
Posted Image MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0

Posted Image MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind
Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
Posted Image Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
Posted Image Santa Fe Bullseye shaft
                                                             WITB Thread

22

#53 3puttshakur

3puttshakur

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195878
  • Joined: 08/01/2012
  • Location:Texas
  • Ebay ID:cookies27
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Wrist injury...

Any association with this?

https://www.golfdige...new-york-minute

23

#54 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
  • Joined: 09/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

24

#55 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7038

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 09 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine


25

#56 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2934

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Obscene but sadly the norm here and in the media. One win equals the next TW. One loss and your career is over. Its an epidemic in every facet of golf.

26

#57 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2934

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 09 January 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 09 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine

Nope, golf is easy and once you reach a certain level its expected that you hold that position and never go backward unless your career is over.

Edited by buckeyefl, 09 January 2018 - 10:05 AM.


27

#58 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
  • Joined: 09/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 09 January 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 09 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine

Willett won a Masters, proving just about anyone can have an amazing run and then fall flat. So?

Edited by JerseyBoy, 09 January 2018 - 05:13 PM.


28

#59 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7038

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 09 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 09 January 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 09 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostTomBomb51, on 08 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine

Willett won a Masters, proving just about anyone can have an amazing run and then fall flat. So?

Iíd give him more than 2 events, one of which was meaningless, before declaring him finished.   His ego isnít fragile and 2 bad events isnít gonna make him go off the deep end

29

#60 ctmason_98

ctmason_98

    TOTALLY outta the bag...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251340
  • Joined: 05/18/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:BIG
  • Ebay ID:ctmason
GolfWRX Likes : 1122

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostVindog, on 07 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 07 January 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Lol guys forecasting a 27yo off a career year to barely win at all going forward. Top level shenanigans.

Too many reasons to steer clear of tour talk these days

It's just an opinion.  When I see Brooks Koepka I see a player who finishes his career with less than 6 wins, even though it could be 2x that.  I am not afraid of being wrong, and maybe he'll prove me just that!

Eh, only been about 200 players who ever got to 6 wins.

Youíre just playing the odds you sly dog...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors