Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Geezer bag

34 replies to this topic

#31 GordonBombay

GordonBombay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491356
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Nice setup. I replaced my 5 iron with a hybrid this year and am interested to try it on the course.  Almost went 6 too but didn't want to get crazy

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Katke87

Katke87

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374987
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

GordonBombay, on 30 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Nice setup. I replaced my 5 iron with a hybrid this year and am interested to try it on the course.  Almost went 6 too but didn't want to get crazy

I keep going back and forth between 5 iron and 5 hybrid. At my swing speed (85) the hybrid probably makes more sense, but my ego keeps getting in the way

#33 Katke87

Katke87

Rookie

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

shifu, on 22 January 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Katke87, on 15 January 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

sdandrea, on 14 January 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

Getting ready for my 1st Hickory event next week.  I just finished refreshing these irons (my first playset) and they are easier to hit than I expected.  Gotta find me a hickory driver and FW, but I am practicing with the Maple-headed PING. Jones bag!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Looks serious!

Now thats old school!

How did the hickory event go?

#34 Fellaheen51

Fellaheen51

Go Green!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284154
GolfWRX Likes : 11796

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

Been remiss in not stopping back to your thread.  Indeed, Go Green!  Although very troubling times in EL.  Still not sure if the entire story has been revealed in entirety.  Who knew what and when.  Changes were necessary, accountability demanded.  And if others were complicit or negligent in the reprehensible activities that were taking place, they should be summarily dismissed immediately.  No matter who they are.  

Perhaps this posting finds you in Florida.  We try and get down to Ft. Myers every now and again, friends in that locale.  Alas, not to be this year.  So still stuck here in the snow and cold.  Anytime the temps get above 32*, seems almost tropical.  One of these days, I'll get over to the golf dome on Opdyke.  Last time there, spent the entire allocated time in Lee's shop yaking, never did hit any balls.  Assuming your getting in a few rounds in if you're in sunny climes.  

FWIW.  no longer bag any irons below a 6.  I've utilized several hybrids over the years, but seemingly didn't quite coexist with them all that well.  I continued to try and persevere.  Because us old(er) guys are suppose to be using them.  However, last year began using a 9 wood, and it proved to be effective for the distances I was looking for and found it altogether easier to hit from rough or fairway.  Higher trajectory than a similarly lofted hybrid, which I was after.  A 23* hybrid had a tendency to roll through the green on approaches.  Basically its a 160 -175 club depending on how I grip it and the swing effort.  Plus, a 7 wood has been a stable in the bag for years.  Then there is a 19* Cobra Baffler Rail H hybrid (picked up at a thrift store for $5) that I hit the snot out of.  So go figure.  As always, YMMV.  Regards.

Edited by Fellaheen51, 12 February 2018 - 02:08 PM.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

#35 Katke87

Katke87

Rookie

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Fellaheen51, on 12 February 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Been remiss in not stopping back to your thread.  Indeed, Go Green!  Although very troubling times in EL.  Still not sure if the entire story has been revealed in entirety.  Who knew what and when.  Changes were necessary, accountability demanded.  And if others were complicit or negligent in the reprehensible activities that were taking place, they should be summarily dismissed immediately.  No matter who they are.  

Perhaps this posting finds you in Florida.  We try and get down to Ft. Myers every now and again, friends in that locale.  Alas, not to be this year.  So still stuck here in the snow and cold.  Anytime the temps get above 32*, seems almost tropical.  One of these days, I'll get over to the golf dome on Opdyke.  Last time there, spent the entire allocated time in Lee's shop yaking, never did hit any balls.  Assuming your getting in a few rounds in if you're in sunny climes.  

FWIW.  no longer bag any irons below a 6.  I've utilized several hybrids over the years, but seemingly didn't quite coexist with them all that well.  I continued to try and persevere.  Because us old(er) guys are suppose to be using them.  However, last year began using a 9 wood, and it proved to be effective for the distances I was looking for and found it altogether easier to hit from rough or fairway.  Higher trajectory than a similarly lofted hybrid, which I was after.  A 23* hybrid had a tendency to roll through the green on approaches.  Basically its a 160 -175 club depending on how I grip it and the swing effort.  Plus, a 7 wood has been a stable in the bag for years.  Then there is a 19* Cobra Baffler Rail H hybrid (picked up at a thrift store for $5) that I hit the snot out of.  So go figure.  As always, YMMV.  Regards.

Tell em again, why do we live in Michigan?

Down in Sanibel for two weeks.  My wonderful wife is fine with me playing every other day -- I'm the luckiest guy in the world.  MSU situation is horrible. I think a hard rain's gonna fall on some important people there.  Clean up the mess, take care of the victims and move on. I think we need more outsiders -- the administration and aythletic dept seem very inbred.  Take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors