Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jbeam drivers

62 replies to this topic

#61 03trdblack

03trdblack

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 600

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

View Postkaaayelll, on 11 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

All nice clubs you’ve got there, 03.  One note: it appears you were hitting on a GC2, which measures ball speed but assumes a smash factor, so take the swing speed numbers with a grain of salt.  Divide your ball speed by swing speed and you’ll get a constant 1.45.

I actually thought that it was the other way around. So ballspeed is accurate but swing speed is calculated? That's helpful to know!

Edited by 03trdblack, 11 February 2018 - 10:55 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 03trdblack

03trdblack

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 600

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostThorntonMelon, on 11 February 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Great analysis.

Were the shafts similar enough that one could conclude that 358 head was indeed longer?

Hard to say 100% but no I'm thinking the shafts weren't all that similar overall.  The Crazy shafts are hard to find information on because they are only sold in the Japanese market and search results are limited, especially results in English.  It's a fantastic feeling shaft though and feels like it has a slightly lower kick point and very light weight.  It is very consistent and has a very tight feeling even though it's so light.  Also feels a little counterbalanced.  Unique is the best way I can describe it.

I know the Fubuki Alpha is a little higher spinning for me as the tip is a little softer and I may try to find a lower spinning alternative.  I know I've hit the 435 out on the golf course and had some of the longest drives I've ever hit using it.  I think this has to do with how much it rolls when it hits the ground.  If I can get the spin slightly lower then it might be the go to club during the warmer months when the ground is harder.

The Graphite Design PT shaft is also a Japan only shaft but it is basically a mid launch, mid spin shaft but is an X flex and stiffer feeling than the others.

The Speeder Platinum is a very tight feeling shaft but still has flex to it.  It feels to me a lot like the Speeder Evo II shaft but made with higher end (more expensive) materials.

Edited by 03trdblack, 11 February 2018 - 11:06 PM.

#63 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

Correct, 03.  The GC2 uses high-speed cameras to capture the initial ball flight, capturing speed, spin, and launch angle quite accurately. It does not capture club data, however.  FYI, the GC2 is sensitive to the ball used since it’s measuring ball data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors