Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 1 votes

Callaway X Forged UT iron


132 replies to this topic

#31 viperstudio

viperstudio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22684
  • Joined: 12/12/2006
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

is that some kind of insert badge at the back that is glued?

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5° backup)
TI M2 (2016) 13.5° TS AD-GP 7x
TM P790 2 UDI bent 16° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (TI RSi TP UDI 1MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX backup)

TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 S
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° and 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 HISPL

HISPL

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Joined: 02/05/2009
  • Location:Perth Western Australia
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

 cvvorst, on 18 January 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I've had the chance to hit the X Forged UT for a couple of days. I also hit the 718 T-mb to compare. I'll also mention that I brought in my PXG 0311T 3 iron just to compare, and a Titleist 816 H2 18 Degree hybrid. Obviously this isn't a fair comparison, a true comparison for the pxg would be the 0311X. But, I wanted to see the difference in ball flight, forgiveness, and distance.

Callaway X Forged UT 3 utility - Project X 6.0
Titleist T-MB 718 3 utility - Project X PXI 6.0
PXG 0311T 3 iron - Nippon 120 S
816 H2 18* Hybrid - D+ 90 X



I'll start by mentioning that I was hitting these on a Foresight CG2. Flat range, I hit everything off the deck.


3 iron and hybrid played exactly like I expected. The hybrid was actually a 2 hybrid loft. It has a Graphite shaft, and was slightly longer than the utility irons. The hybrid maxed out around 275ish (I never tried to max out distance with a pull draw though) I find the hybrid easy to hit long and straight, but I can also hit a big slice with it. The 3 iron was the hardest club to hit. (as expected) On my best strikes it was close to 250. Ball flight was low, and I found it was easier to go left with this. I plan on testing this off the tee when I can (I use this as a fairway finder when I don't trust 3 wood, it's a little easier to hit off a tee)

The Callaway X Forged UT and the Titleist 718 T-MB were the clubs I hit the most. I'm a big Titleist fan, but I am using a Callaway/Toulon putter as well. So I think I'm fairly unbiased. I love the look of both clubs, but when in my bag the 718 T-MB looks a little better. When I'm about to swing, I think the X Forged UT is more confidence inspiring. It has a slightly thicker topline, but it's not thick either. I find it to be an excellent compromise between long iron and hybrid. The T-MB isn't exactly too thin, but it's rather thin on top. Still looks easier to hit than the usual long iron of course.

Both clubs feel really good, but the callaway gets the nod over the T-MB. The PXG 0311T beats both for feel though. Which isn't surprising. Any forged long iron would feel excellent.

Both utility irons were plenty long. I had a some go over 250 with both 3 irons. But most stayed in the 235 to 245 range. It seemed like mishits with the UT still went 225+, which surprised me. The T-MB was no slouch either.


Ball flight was between the long iron and the hybrid. (duh) I was glad they weren't going too high. I like having a nice low trajectory with a utility.


Most important though, both utility irons performed well. I was going back and forth between them, struggling to find which I liked better. I realized that I felt a little more confident with the X Forged UT, and I found that the UT also had the edge on forgiveness.



All this being said, I would be happy with both the X Forged UT and the T-MB. I like the looks of the tungsten on the Titleist, but I like having a hair more confidence while looking down on the UT (especially if it's my first shot in the tee without warm up)



I plan on testing the 0311X next, but I'm thinking I might order a UT or T-MB first.

I assume when you mentioned that you “like the look of the tungsten” you mean the brown/grey sole on the Titleist?

It is actually just a cosmetic detail, I’ve seen marks that show where it has been scratched off.

The tungsten is internal.

I must say I do appreciate the appearance of the T-MB, but personally for me the X Forged UT is longer and launches slightly higher so regardless of brand it wins a place in my bag based on performance.

I use the X Forged UT in 21 and 24 degrees (bent to 25$ to replace my 4 and 5 irons.

2

#33 C-rad

C-rad

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292245
  • Joined: 01/17/2014
  • Location:Quebec
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 344

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

 HISPL, on 19 January 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

 cvvorst, on 18 January 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I've had the chance to hit the X Forged UT for a couple of days. I also hit the 718 T-mb to compare. I'll also mention that I brought in my PXG 0311T 3 iron just to compare, and a Titleist 816 H2 18 Degree hybrid. Obviously this isn't a fair comparison, a true comparison for the pxg would be the 0311X. But, I wanted to see the difference in ball flight, forgiveness, and distance.

Callaway X Forged UT 3 utility - Project X 6.0
Titleist T-MB 718 3 utility - Project X PXI 6.0
PXG 0311T 3 iron - Nippon 120 S
816 H2 18* Hybrid - D+ 90 X



I'll start by mentioning that I was hitting these on a Foresight CG2. Flat range, I hit everything off the deck.


3 iron and hybrid played exactly like I expected. The hybrid was actually a 2 hybrid loft. It has a Graphite shaft, and was slightly longer than the utility irons. The hybrid maxed out around 275ish (I never tried to max out distance with a pull draw though) I find the hybrid easy to hit long and straight, but I can also hit a big slice with it. The 3 iron was the hardest club to hit. (as expected) On my best strikes it was close to 250. Ball flight was low, and I found it was easier to go left with this. I plan on testing this off the tee when I can (I use this as a fairway finder when I don't trust 3 wood, it's a little easier to hit off a tee)

The Callaway X Forged UT and the Titleist 718 T-MB were the clubs I hit the most. I'm a big Titleist fan, but I am using a Callaway/Toulon putter as well. So I think I'm fairly unbiased. I love the look of both clubs, but when in my bag the 718 T-MB looks a little better. When I'm about to swing, I think the X Forged UT is more confidence inspiring. It has a slightly thicker topline, but it's not thick either. I find it to be an excellent compromise between long iron and hybrid. The T-MB isn't exactly too thin, but it's rather thin on top. Still looks easier to hit than the usual long iron of course.

Both clubs feel really good, but the callaway gets the nod over the T-MB. The PXG 0311T beats both for feel though. Which isn't surprising. Any forged long iron would feel excellent.

Both utility irons were plenty long. I had a some go over 250 with both 3 irons. But most stayed in the 235 to 245 range. It seemed like mishits with the UT still went 225+, which surprised me. The T-MB was no slouch either.


Ball flight was between the long iron and the hybrid. (duh) I was glad they weren't going too high. I like having a nice low trajectory with a utility.


Most important though, both utility irons performed well. I was going back and forth between them, struggling to find which I liked better. I realized that I felt a little more confident with the X Forged UT, and I found that the UT also had the edge on forgiveness.



All this being said, I would be happy with both the X Forged UT and the T-MB. I like the looks of the tungsten on the Titleist, but I like having a hair more confidence while looking down on the UT (especially if it's my first shot in the tee without warm up)



I plan on testing the 0311X next, but I'm thinking I might order a UT or T-MB first.

I assume when you mentioned that you “like the look of the tungsten” you mean the brown/grey sole on the Titleist?

It is actually just a cosmetic detail, I’ve seen marks that show where it has been scratched off.

The tungsten is internal.

I must say I do appreciate the appearance of the T-MB, but personally for me the X Forged UT is longer and launches slightly higher so regardless of brand it wins a place in my bag based on performance.

I use the X Forged UT in 21 and 24 degrees (bent to 25$ to replace my 4 and 5 irons.
i want to try it after reading this.
Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 915 f 16.5*
Titleist 915 h 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Titleist sm6 52.12f 58.10s

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

3

#34 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Any more in hand pics, thoughts, reviews on this club?
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

4

#35 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

I have the 18 deg.

Great profile at address (not too much of a big arse). Blends in better with the 3/4 iron than some of the other bigger headed driving irons (Srixon, TEE, Bridgestone etc)

Ridiculously easy to hit off the deck due to the thin sole. I hit an absolute bullet into a Par 5 from 260 the other week that will stick with me for a while.

The smaller profile means that I have to tee it lower than my previous Cb Pro h. Once I worked that out it has been mint.

I am a big fan.

Edited by Gary Gutful, 24 January 2018 - 05:52 PM.

Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

5

#36 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

 Gary Gutful, on 24 January 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I have the 18 deg.

Great profile at address (not too much of a big arse). Blends in better with the 3/4 iron than some of the other bigger headed driving irons (Srixon, TEE, Bridgestone etc)

Ridiculously easy to hit off the deck due to the thin sole. I hit an absolute bullet into a Par 5 from 260 the other week that will stick with me for a while.

The smaller profile means that I have to tee it lower than my previous Cb Pro h. Once I worked that out it has been mint.

I am a big fan.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. What shaft did you go with??  Cheers

Edited by BearQ, 24 January 2018 - 05:54 PM.

Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

6

#37 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

 BearQ, on 24 January 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

 Gary Gutful, on 24 January 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I have the 18 deg.

Great profile at address (not too much of a big arse). Blends in better with the 3/4 iron than some of the other bigger headed driving irons (Srixon, TEE, Bridgestone etc)

Ridiculously easy to hit off the deck due to the thin sole. I hit an absolute bullet into a Par 5 from 260 the other week that will stick with me for a while.

The smaller profile means that I have to tee it lower than my previous Cb Pro h. Once I worked that out it has been mint.

I am a big fan.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. What shaft did you go with??  Cheers

Tried it with the stock Project X 6.0 to start. It was good but eventually had someone install the PXi 6.0 which I prefer.

I have probably tried just about every major driving iron on the market over the years and this is as good as anything I have used. The compact profile and limited offset might put some people off but it is still a great club and fairly forgiving. Goes like a rocket as well!

Edited by Gary Gutful, 24 January 2018 - 06:15 PM.

Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

7

#38 thesaxemachine

thesaxemachine

    Hello, friends...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143239
  • Joined: 10/19/2011
  • Location:Ontario
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Saw these in Golftown today. Usually not a Callaway fan but these are really nice. Was on my way out otherwise would have given them a try. But at $325 CAD I probably shouldn’t get excited about something I think is stupid expensive lol
Rogue SZ w/ AD MT
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
818 H1 w/ Even Flow Black
Z-765 w/ PX LZ
SM6 46° 50° 54°
MD PM Grind 58°
Works 7/Mullen TP

8

#39 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Anyone have the 27° or 30° in the bag?

2017 WORLD CHAMPION
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W.        I.        T.        B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 16.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway X Forged UT 27.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 CB 57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400
Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


9

#40 Lip1337

Lip1337

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490510
  • Joined: 01/08/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Is it a good idea to build a combo set?

3-6i UT and 7-9 standart x forged?

Or would the gap between 6 and 7 be too big? (If exists)

Maybe some of you had the same thought...

Callaway XR16 Pro 9* PX EvenFlow Black
Callaway BB Fusion 3 Wood Recoil F4
Callaway X Forged UT 18* PX EvenFlow Black 85
Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW KBS Tour V110
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Matte Black 50*/55*/60* KBS Tour V110
Odyssey ProType Tour Series #2 36"  or Ping Sigma G Anser 33''

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 TightStick

TightStick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354541
  • Joined: 12/28/2014
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Any more reviews on this club?

11

#42 scooterboy59

scooterboy59

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116797
  • Joined: 10/29/2010
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 433

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

I have the 18-21-24-27 with Nippon Pro Modus 120.Very easy to hit and work. Don't know if the 18 will find a permit spot in the bag, but I have a few courses that I will use while playing. The 27 is so easy to launch high or low. I find them also easy to chip if you are worried about gapping. I have found that they are very versatile in what type of shot I want to hit. I just wish I would have gotten the 30.

12

#43 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

 scooterboy59, on 07 February 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

I have the 18-21-24-27 with Nippon Pro Modus 120.Very easy to hit and work. Don't know if the 18 will find a permit spot in the bag, but I have a few courses that I will use while playing. The 27 is so easy to launch high or low. I find them also easy to chip if you are worried about gapping. I have found that they are very versatile in what type of shot I want to hit. I just wish I would have gotten the 30.

Wow! Speaks volumes on the 27/30°.

I've been begging for more options here, specifically!

2017 WORLD CHAMPION
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W.        I.        T.        B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 16.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X
Callaway X Forged UT 27.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 CB 57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S
Miura 1957 KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400
Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


13

#44 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1498

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

i am just going to get the Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 2 iron. it is 16 degrees and 150 bucks and you can get get any shaft you want with no upcharge. you really cant beat it.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

14

#45 phi482

phi482

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45380
  • Joined: 01/08/2008
  • Location:Louisville, KY
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

 QuigleyDU, on 07 February 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

i am just going to get the Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 2 iron. it is 16 degrees and 150 bucks and you can get get any shaft you want with no upcharge. you really cant beat it.

I keep coming back to this same point.  $100 is a lot of difference.  I am going to be testing all of these in the next month or so and the Callaway and Titliest will have to be leaps and bounds better to justify the extra cash.  I used to be really anal about brand matching but I am coming off of that some.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 - Atmos Black 7x
Callaway Rogue 4 wood - PX Yellow 6.5 83g
Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron - PX6.5 LZ
Titleist 712 AP2 4-P - x100
Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

15

#46 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1498

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

 phi482, on 07 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 QuigleyDU, on 07 February 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

i am just going to get the Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 2 iron. it is 16 degrees and 150 bucks and you can get get any shaft you want with no upcharge. you really cant beat it.

I keep coming back to this same point.  $100 is a lot of difference.  I am going to be testing all of these in the next month or so and the Callaway and Titliest will have to be leaps and bounds better to justify the extra cash.  I used to be really anal about brand matching but I am coming off of that some.

i have hit it a number of times, it is amazing.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

16

#47 Jesse Sanchez

Jesse Sanchez

    The Knife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45709
  • Joined: 01/11/2008
  • Location:Longmont, CO
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Had a chance to hit the New UT, It is amazingly how easy it is to hit, I have the original X-Utility and this is a vast improvement in all areas. I never hit Apex UT "Last Years Model" So i can not compare the last version. This will be in my bag for 2018.

17

#48 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6205

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

Anyone compare the 4 and 5 to the Epic Pro like Phil is playing?

18

#49 RPVL

RPVL

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242731
  • Joined: 04/03/2013
  • Location:Netherlands
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:18 AM

Pushed the button order too. There's a #3 incoming (KBS V +0.5, 2up) to blend in with my apex pro setup. Can't wait to hit it.
Epic 9.0° Rogue x
Optiforce 15° Rogue x
X Forged UT 3 KBS
Apex Pro 4-PW KBS
Mack Daddy 2 52°, 56°, 60°
Odyssey ProType #3.1 mod
WITB Link

19

#50 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:34 AM

Fli-Hi is a winner no doubt, $150 with good upgrade shafts is a great price too

But the X Forged UT is an elite choice in the utility iron department and will be regarded as a winner club like the UDI's are/were

You can't go wrong with either, I just prefer the aesthetics and topline of the UT. Similar numbers, tiniest bit better feel on the UT, COG in the middle of the face. I was fortunate to get mine for 190, so it was a no brainer for me.

Throw a rocket launcher shaft in this thing and you have a very fun and forgiving option for a utility iron

Attached Thumbnails

  • FullSizeRender.jpg

Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Morry

Morry

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440172
  • Joined: 09/11/2016
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

Anyone compare this to the srixon u65 ?

21

#52 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6205

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

I can’t play the Mizuno - it just sets up horrible in my opinion and sounds/feels even worst.

22

#53 jgolf215

jgolf215

    JT

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53711
  • Joined: 04/14/2008
  • Location:South Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

 Jesse Sanchez, on 07 February 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Had a chance to hit the New UT, It is amazingly how easy it is to hit, I have the original X-Utility and this is a vast improvement in all areas. I never hit Apex UT "Last Years Model" So i can not compare the last version. This will be in my bag for 2018.
Well I had the X Utility 24* before and I picked up an Apex UT 24* just recently and the Apex is so much easier to hit. I'll be interested to hit the new one as soon as I get a chance.

Edited by jgolf215, 12 February 2018 - 07:02 PM.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* (-1) Fubuki J 50
Callaway XR16 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
Callaway XR16 19* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75
Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour V
Callaway XR Pro 5-PW KBS Tour V
Callaway MD3 50*/10*
Callaway MD Forged 54/10 & 58/08 or MD PM grind 58*/10*
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 w SuperStroke Mid slim 2.0 or
Odyssey ProType #2 Nippon XXIP B2 w Iomic Ax
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
Glove: Under Armour Strikeskin Tour
Shoe: Under Armour Tour Tips, Spieth & Tempo Sport 2

XR16 19*/5 wood alternates w Apex 20* hybrid.
Apex 23* alternates with Apex UT 24*
Callaway XR16 10.5 (-1) Fubuki Alpha 60 (back up)
Callaway GBB  10.5 (-1) Fubuki ZT 60      (back up)
Callaway BBA 816 16* 3/4wd Fubuki Ax f65 (testing)

23

#54 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 667

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

im thinking about ordering one (21) with PXI.....

Looks like a winner for sure.
2017 M2 10.5 Tour AD DI 6
Mizuno MP 53 3-PW

Vokey SM2 52 56 60
Scotty Newport

24

#55 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

 kgeorge78, on 12 February 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

im thinking about ordering one (21) with PXI.....

Looks like a winner for sure.

Good combo. I've been trying to figure out tip size on this club, another forum is convinced it is .370. Would make hybrid shaft installs an absolute breeze

Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

25

#56 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 16707

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

Saw a 24 in person yesterday.  Easily the best looking driving iron I’ve ever seen.  Low offset and not a huge sole.  Worth the extra $ over mizuno in my book because of  this. Super easy off the deck compared to the mizuno.  Never got on with the wide soled DI off the deck.

Edited by bladehunter, 13 February 2018 - 09:13 AM.

Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Titleist 716 T-MB 4 iron Steelfiber i125X
Titleist 716 Tour Proto Ap2 5-9 Steelfiber i125X
Vokey sm7 46 sm6 50   sm6 55 300 series 59 Steelfiber i125s
TM Red TI Slant neck Spider ..34"  full sight line

26

#57 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

 bladehunter, on 13 February 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Saw a 24 in person yesterday.  Easily the best looking driving iron I’ve ever seen.  Low offset and not a huge sole.  Worth the extra $ over mizuno in my book because of  this. Super easy off the deck compared to the mizuno.  Never got on with the wide soled DI off the deck.

Literally echoed what I’ve been saying. The lines and shape are just perfect.
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

27

#58 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1498

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

 scratchswinger, on 09 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

I can’t play the Mizuno - it just sets up horrible in my opinion and sounds/feels even worst.

man, i loved it. I thought it felt very solid, and the face very lively. to each there own.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

28

#59 Stumpnav

Stumpnav

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428448
  • Joined: 06/08/2016
  • Location:Abilene, TX
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

We willingly pay $500 for a driver, so a specialized UT at $250 is not too far out of line. I can't see playing a whole set of them though, that would get expensive.
Thankfully, being a lefty means I can only get two of them so it won't break the bank.
Epic 9.0 T800
Callaway 816 3W
Mizuno CLK 19*
(or Callaway UT XForged 18*)
Callaway XForged 4-6
Callaway MB 7-A
Callaway MD3 Forged 56, 60
Odyssey RSX001
Chrome Soft X 18

29

#60 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1498

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

 Stumpnav, on 13 February 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

We willingly pay $500 for a driver, so a specialized UT at $250 is not too far out of line. I can't see playing a whole set of them though, that would get expensive.
Thankfully, being a lefty means I can only get two of them so it won't break the bank.

i have never been willing to pay $500 for a driver. haha.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors