Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

First Round of 2018 - Post it!


101 replies to this topic

#1 BKN1964

BKN1964

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355701
  • Joined: 01/01/2015
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 659

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

Be sure to post your first round of the new year.  Let us know:
- Where
- Weather
- How long since your last round (some of you it will be 1 day :( )
- How you played vs. how you normally play
- Anything else you want us to know

Include pictures if possible.

Have a great 2018 golf-wise and otherwise :)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 BKN1964

BKN1964

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355701
  • Joined: 01/01/2015
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 659

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:43 AM

Who got to play on New Year's Day?

2

#3 sunbeltgolfer

sunbeltgolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160353
  • Joined: 02/04/2012
  • Location:Beech Mountain
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

The only golf I'm laying right now is in my twisted tiny mind. There is no place within driving distance to even think of a round unless you're from Siberia. Don't remember having such frigid cold for an extended period this early in the Winter in the 15 years I've lived here. We do have a few days that may get out of the single digits for highs this week so maybe I'll run out in the yard and hit a couple off my mat, if I can get the snow and ice off it. Have to admit that for once I'm a little envious of those that can get on the course. Not one for cabin fever usually, but, feel like about a week from turning into "Johnny" in the movie Shining.

3

#4 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Posted Image
2018 WITB
Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Max 75x
3 Wood:  Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
2-PW:   Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
52* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
58* Wedge:   Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
Putter:   Odyssey Protype #6

4

#5 BKN1964

BKN1964

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355701
  • Joined: 01/01/2015
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 659

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

View Postsunbeltgolfer, on 02 January 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

The only golf I'm laying right now is in my twisted tiny mind. There is no place within driving distance to even think of a round unless you're from Siberia. Don't remember having such frigid cold for an extended period this early in the Winter in the 15 years I've lived here. We do have a few days that may get out of the single digits for highs this week so maybe I'll run out in the yard and hit a couple off my mat, if I can get the snow and ice off it. Have to admit that for once I'm a little envious of those that can get on the course. Not one for cabin fever usually, but, feel like about a week from turning into "Johnny" in the movie Shining.

Haha!  Yeah, based on the temperatures globally right now, looks like not many people north of about 28 degrees north latitude have been playing any golf in the past 24 hours.

Attached Files



5

#6 Matchplay10033

Matchplay10033

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432544
  • Joined: 07/13/2016
  • Location:North East
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

I am miserable !  6 degrees today... car is dirty,  snow and ice everywhere,  I have not touched a club since early Dec. I need a winter vacation.

6

#7 Qqq123xx

Qqq123xx

    I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264022
  • Joined: 07/15/2013
  • Handicap:XX.7
GolfWRX Likes : 12799

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

Looks like we need more global warming :taunt: :rofl: :rofl: :beach:
Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9  4-gw. TT  reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
Nxt Tour.
Cleveland Classic #4

7

#8 jlbos83

jlbos83

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73472
  • Joined: 01/22/2009
  • Location:Sahuarita, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostBKN1964, on 31 December 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Be sure to post your first round of the new year.  Let us know:
- Where
- Weather
- How long since your last round (some of you it will be 1 day :( )
- How you played vs. how you normally play
- Anything else you want us to know

Include pictures if possible.

Have a great 2018 golf-wise and otherwise :)
El Rio in Tucson.
Mid 70s, sunny, very little wind, pretty much perfect.
4 days
Hit the ball better than I ever have.  Lessons starting to show in the swing.  Yacked a bit around the green, or it would have been best ever, possibly, but it was still good for me, a 94.  Five pars and five bogeys, I can see that I might actually learn to play the game!  One nice problem to have was hitting several shots farther than they "should" have gone!  I may have to adjust my club selection a bit if that continues!  Had multiple opportunities from 70ish yards, and the lob wedge was extremely cooperative.  Twice I tried to get myself out of trouble with shots I knew better than to choose.  Of course, there was a cost!
Jeff, an Arizona hacker

8

#9 jpdx

jpdx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 382

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

- Where: Portland, OR
- Weather: Started about 43 or so. Ended about 35 (per car thermometer) Sunny/Partly Sunny
- How long since your last round (some of you it will be 1 day :( ) 7.5 hours (finished at 4:30pm on 12/31. teed off at 12pm 1/1)
- How you played vs. how you normally play: Took the last week of the year off so I played Wed-Sun...sucks that I'm back to work. But playing 5 days straight I was hitting (and playing) pretty well. Ground was of course soggy, but 2 of the courses I played during the week drain great and there was little to no mud.

First round of 2018 was a bit windy and gusty...and muddy as we had about an inch of ice on Christmas and the day after. At times later in the round it would be at least 2 club up wind gusts. Really evident on a couple par 3's. Normally I'd hit a 7 or 8 on a particular one. Pin was up front and tee box was up as well. Struck a solid 6 and landed in front of the green by a good 5yds as I felt a gust of wind.

Other than the wind, being prepared with base layers, 3/4 zip and a wind breaker kept me warm. Good times, except the 4some ahead played slower than our group that was 4 holes back of the group that started 8 min before them - and we had a couple slow walkers that were 74 and 80. Hope I'm out there like them when I'm older! Round took almost 5hrs...and it was late dusk when we finished. However it was good to be out there!

Edited by jpdx, 02 January 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike
Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike
Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 DG Pro s300 -2*
Nike
Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300 -2*
Nike
Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

b-team/travel bag
Nike Vapor Pro driver 11.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300 -2*
Nike Engage 50* SS 54* SS 60* DS
Nike Method Origin b2-01
Cure CX-2
Nike Air Sport II and Hyperadapt

9

#10 mlavallee23

mlavallee23

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 391034
  • Joined: 08/13/2015
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

View Postjpdx, on 02 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

- Where: Portland, OR
- Weather: Started about 43 or so. Ended about 35 (per car thermometer) Sunny/Partly Sunny
- How long since your last round (some of you it will be 1 day :( ) 7.5 hours (finished at 4:30pm on 12/31. teed off at 12pm 1/1)
- How you played vs. how you normally play: Took the last week of the year off so I played Wed-Sun...sucks that I'm back to work. But playing 5 days straight I was hitting (and playing) pretty well. Ground was of course soggy, but 2 of the courses I played during the week drain great and there was little to no mud.

First round of 2018 was a bit windy and gusty...and muddy as we had about an inch of ice on Christmas and the day after. At times later in the round it would be at least 2 club up wind gusts. Really evident on a couple par 3's. Normally I'd hit a 7 or 8 on a particular one. Pin was up front and tee box was up as well. Struck a solid 6 and landed in front of the green by a good 5yds as I felt a gust of wind.

Other than the wind, being prepared with base layers, 3/4 zip and a wind breaker kept me warm. Good times, except the 4some ahead played slower than our group that was 4 holes back of the group that started 8 min before them - and we had a couple slow walkers that were 74 and 80. Hope I'm out there like them when I'm older! Round took almost 5hrs...and it was late dusk when we finished. However it was good to be out there!

I would take this right now.  It hasn't broken 20 degrees in the Northeast since Christmas time, terrible weather.  Now getting 6-12 inches of snow on top of it.  No winter golf this year in the north east.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 jaymayor

jaymayor

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461418
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Windsor, ON, Canada
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jaymayor
GolfWRX Likes : 461

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Have not played since the last week of October, it's been a brutal Canadian winter so far. But my first round of the year will be January 13th at the Riviera Cancun Golf Club. Going for the Hard Rock for 5 days for my work convention and we have a company tournament on the Saturday. Can't wait! Please hurry up time.

11

#12 BVIChester

BVIChester

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126679
  • Joined: 04/14/2011
  • Location:Auckland
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

New Years Shootout yesterday, 31 players started and was my first round of golf in 3 weeks. After the second hole i was free to go and start the bbq and get cooking for the rest of the competitors as they came through 9. Hoping my next round will be slightly longer, fun day though

Posted Image

12

#13 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17518

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Given the way our weather is, and how it looks for at least a while, I won't be playing golf anytime soon.lol
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

13

#14 0351Duffer

0351Duffer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472820
  • Joined: 06/26/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

01/02/2018

Live in NorCal (Sacramento area)

Weather was high of 64 - Partly sunny

I played my last round of 18 the week of Christmas

Played 18 regualtion holes and shot a 92 (45/47) which is lower than my average mid-high 90s score.

At least CA has nice weather, there's not a lot else to love... LMAO

Edited by 0351Duffer, 02 January 2018 - 10:45 PM.


14

#15 cqueen

cqueen

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450604
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
  • Location:PNW
  • Handicap:4-7
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Jan 1 2018, I couldnít wait a day.

Tacoma, WA

Weather was sunny and mid 40ís slight breeze occasionally

I played right before the Christmas snow we had here

Played 18 holes on a par 73 course, the winter course does a reroute from all three 9 hole courses on the layout. Shot a 79 and couldnít be happier. Started my first hole with a birdie!(itís a par 5) played the best I have in a while. Figured Iíd give 2018 a different mindset with trying to play smart.

Driver - Cobra F6 Matrix Black Tie
3 Wood - Nike Vapor Fly Tensei Blue
3 Iron - Nike VRS Forged
4i - PW - Nike Vapor Pro KBS Tour V X-Stiff
50, 54, 58 - Vokey SM7 S400
Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

15

#16 zebra2955

zebra2955

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 237961
  • Joined: 03/15/2013
  • Location:Frankfort Square, Illinois
  • Ebay ID:golfingzebra
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

My guess is I will get it in sometime in March, unless we get lucky like last year and have a heat wave in Jan-Feb. Right now it's 15 , which is the highest it has been in over a week. About 6inches of snow on the ground with a light dusting today
Cobra F7

Cobra F6 fairway woods

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

What ever ball Costco has LOL

16

#17 Racerx63

Racerx63

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317295
  • Joined: 05/27/2014
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:5.4
  • Ebay ID:Racer63mod
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Played yesterday, January 2nd.

San Diego - low- mid 70's

Last played Saturday the 30th.

Played horrible for the first 10 holes. 4 double bogeys, 2 bogeys and 4 pars. I was struggling and every bad shot left me in a horrible position. It was either a bad break or no break at all. Then shot -1 for the last 8 holes. On 11 short par 3, 122 yds, landed 3 ft behind the pin on the back stop, spun back down the hill and stopped 3" to the side of the hole. Still a big goose egg on the hole in one count but good after the horrible front 9. Went birdie, par (missed 3ft putt for birdie, birdie on 11, 12 and 13, bogeyed 14 and parred the rest.

Edited by Racerx63, 03 January 2018 - 02:13 PM.

Taylormade M2 10.5 Matrix Red Tie X-flex
Taylormade M1 3HL 17º Matrix Red Tie X-flex
Taylormade M1 5 wood Matrix Red Tie X-Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Mizuno T5-50, T4-54, S5-60 Wedges
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Taylormade TP5x ball

17

#18 driverhead

driverhead

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2121
  • Joined: 07/02/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

My last round was DEC 24.  Temps have been 8 to 20 degrees for the last 10 days.  WE are projected to get a BOmb CYCLONE followed by record cold, 4 degree high wind chills 30 to 40 below.  The cold snap is projected to break next week, with temps in the 40s for a few days followed by upper 30s.
It did hit 30 degrees today with no wind, so I went to the range.  It felt balmy compared to the last 10 days.

Edited by driverhead, 03 January 2018 - 02:18 PM.


18

#19 Obee

Obee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Joined: 01/09/2009
  • Location:Riverside, CA, USA
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4369

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Played on New Year's Day at my club. One of our members put together a little tourney he called "Hangover Hundies." Each of 15 of us put up $100 and he paid low net front nine ($75), low net back nine ($75), and low net overall $150. Also paid out $50 closest to the pin on all three par 3's and the rest went into a 1/2 stroke net skins game.

Guys ranged in index from scratch all the way to 15. I started a new job a while back, so I'm only golfing once or twice a week and my index has gone up to 1.5 (the highest it's been in a long, long time).

44 degrees at tee off, but 69 degrees by the time we finished. I shot 73 gross, 71 net in tough conditions and won low net by 5 strokes. Greens were rock hard and 12.5 to 13 on the stimp. This time of year our course is just brutal. Also won a skin for a nice $250 day!

So I got that goin' for me ...
PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)

19

#20 bullie76

bullie76

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121903
  • Joined: 02/08/2011
  • Location:Mississippi
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 734

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

It will be warm enough next week for a couple of days but rain is predicted on those days. Sucks.

My senior bag.......
Taylormade M2(2016) 9.5* driver reg
Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood & 3,4 hybrids reg
Ping G 6-pw(power lofts), i200 U wedge(49*).....CFS graphite reg
Ping Glide 54/58 ss reg
Ping Craz-E putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    Happy Holidays!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 12311

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Will this thread still be running in March?
"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!"

21

#22 mcadenhead

mcadenhead

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93833
  • Joined: 09/05/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

I played on 1/1/18 at my home course. Previous round on 12/29. Way too cold and wet to play, but the idea of playing on New Years Day was appealing. Played awful, but did birdie my first hole of the year following a birdie on my last hole of 2017. Now time to settle in for the long Florida winter before playing again on Sunday.

22

#23 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 24719

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostObee, on 03 January 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Played on New Year's Day at my club. One of our members put together a little tourney he called "Hangover Hundies." Each of 15 of us put up $100 and he paid low net front nine ($75), low net back nine ($75), and low net overall $150. Also paid out $50 closest to the pin on all three par 3's and the rest went into a 1/2 stroke net skins game.

Guys ranged in index from scratch all the way to 15. I started a new job a while back, so I'm only golfing once or twice a week and my index has gone up to 1.5 (the highest it's been in a long, long time).

44 degrees at tee off, but 69 degrees by the time we finished. I shot 73 gross, 71 net in tough conditions and won low net by 5 strokes. Greens were rock hard and 12.5 to 13 on the stimp. This time of year our course is just brutal. Also won a skin for a nice $250 day!

So I got that goin' for me ...

OB...new job = less golf?  This is bad math Sir.

23

#24 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 24719

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostHawkeye77, on 03 January 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Will this thread still be running in March?

Hawk you need to update the Av.  Steve & Eydie can come back next holiday season!  Stay warm Sir.

Edited by DavePelz4, 04 January 2018 - 10:44 AM.


24

#25 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2126

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Shot an 85 on the indoor sim playing Old St Andrews.... does that count?? Oh... probably not since I put on 12ft gimme putts. :-p

WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X (testing Kiyoshi White 65X & Purple 65X)
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X (testing ProForce V2 75X)
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - (Testing SM7 & Glide 2.0)
SW - MD4 54/12W S200 (testing Glide 2.0 54/14WS)
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Ball - TBD
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

25

#26 High Plains Driver

High Plains Driver

    Chip Yipper Extraordinaire

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5556
  • Joined: 08/27/2005
  • Location:West Texas
  • Ebay ID:*chaser*
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

  • 1/4/18
  • West Texas
  • 44° with wind gusts 20 - 25 mph (with the wind chill the "feels like" temp was in the mid/high 30's)
  • Last round was 11/23/17
  • The ground was so hard that it was tough getting a tee into it. Balls were also coming in and bouncing through the greens. The hard fairways did make for some good run on down/cross wind drives. My last round of 2017 was a 78. Today I shot an 88, but at least I got to play after more than a month layoff.

I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

Driver:  Titleist 910 D2 9.5° (set to 8.5°)
Fairways: Titleist 910F 15° and 19° woods
Hybrids:  Cobra Baffler Multi-Metal 20° and 24°  
Irons:  Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
Wedges:  
Titleist SM4 52° and 58°
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport

26

#27 Obee

Obee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Joined: 01/09/2009
  • Location:Riverside, CA, USA
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4369

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 04 January 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostObee, on 03 January 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Played on New Year's Day at my club. One of our members put together a little tourney he called "Hangover Hundies." Each of 15 of us put up $100 and he paid low net front nine ($75), low net back nine ($75), and low net overall $150. Also paid out $50 closest to the pin on all three par 3's and the rest went into a 1/2 stroke net skins game.

Guys ranged in index from scratch all the way to 15. I started a new job a while back, so I'm only golfing once or twice a week and my index has gone up to 1.5 (the highest it's been in a long, long time).

44 degrees at tee off, but 69 degrees by the time we finished. I shot 73 gross, 71 net in tough conditions and won low net by 5 strokes. Greens were rock hard and 12.5 to 13 on the stimp. This time of year our course is just brutal. Also won a skin for a nice $250 day!

So I got that goin' for me ...

OB...new job = less golf?  This is bad math Sir.

I know! Sad!
PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)

27

#28 wcbjr

wcbjr

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114048
  • Joined: 08/31/2010
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:wcb8664
GolfWRX Likes : 1109

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Today in about two hours.

Not quite official since I waived the 14 club limit for our group to make things a bit more fun.  Added in a 3-iron and 64* wedge.

It'll be 55* with light winds.  Should shoot around 75.

28

#29 qwetz

qwetz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467512
  • Joined: 05/14/2017
  • Location:San Antonio
  • Ebay ID:ttije00.1
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

75 and with 3 bogeys from approach shots under 100 yards. Tight lies and trying a new wedge setup is bad news.
M3 440 9* Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
917F2 15* Rombax P95x
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3i PX 6.5
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-8 PX 6.5
Mizuno MP-18 MB 9-PW PX 6.5
Mizuno S18 50.07/54.08 PX 6.0
TM High Toe 60* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty Cameron Futura 5s 34" PP60

29

#30 baylorlefty

baylorlefty

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153809
  • Joined: 01/08/2012
  • Location:Houston
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Played home course in Houston yesterday, first round since 12/11. Temps started off in the 40’s and topped off around 55 with calm 5-10 mph winds.

Normal round would be 78-82.  Played 18 in about 3 hours w/ a good friend and joked and played music most of the day.

Hole 4, par 3 playing 150 stuck it to 3’, made birdie.
Hole 14 holed out a long bunker shot for birdie.
Up and down for par on 3, 7, 9, 15
Even par through 16

17, 208 par 3 over water with bunkers left and water front and right, happy to make bogey.
18, 450 par 4 into the wind, had 178 left and hit approach pin high, just missed green by a ft and ended up in the bunker, nice sand shot to 4’ and missed the sliding down hill putt.

I’ll take the 74 and run!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors