Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

Simulator OnlineGolfTour Skytrak GC2

83 replies to this topic

#31 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3094

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

View Postmac4pres, on 02 January 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Glad I came across the thread.  I've recently opened a golf simulator in our clubhouse for the winter months.  Have been a set up and running for about a month now and things are going good.  I've got 2 gc2's (left and right handed golfers) and running the fsx software.  I'd like to try out different software but not sure if they will allow 2 gc2's to be connected at the same time, does anyone know if that's possible.  Even without it I might just download jnpg to play on my own.

Hey Mac, currently the interface does not allow for simultaneous connections to both a right and left-handed set up.  I raised this question in our Discord app and one of the guys suggested just using one GC2 and have it on a sliding or spinning track so that it could just be moved to suit the right or left-handed player.  You could then run JNPG simulation using the single GC2 and you'd be all set.  I'd definitely encourage you to try the software out though, even if just for the $20 weekly trial to see what game play is like.  I think it is far superior to FSX, and I know at least 50 guys who'd agree :)

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 mac4pres

mac4pres

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600
  • Joined: 03/10/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Thanks Drew for the answer. I've bought the game in steam and am going to buy the trial. For the business side I'm going to continue using fsx but personally and with right hand friends we'll try out jnpg.

Can other people join the tour and play from my simulator on my steam account?

2

#33 grabthepin

grabthepin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
  • Joined: 07/06/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:27 AM

View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

Thanks Drew for the answer. I've bought the game in steam and am going to buy the trial. For the business side I'm going to continue using fsx but personally and with right hand friends we'll try out jnpg.

Can other people join the tour and play from my simulator on my steam account?

No problem - one copy of JNPG needed, on e steam account, one sim pass, but an OGT sub ($20/half-year) per person, or free for kids. They'll each get their own stats, ranking, etc.

Edited by grabthepin, 03 January 2018 - 03:32 AM.


3

#34 SDL

SDL

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46420
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

4

#35 stingreye

stingreye

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Joined: 09/18/2015
  • Location:La Verne, CA
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostSDL, on 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

If you like Pebble,  check out Spyglass.  Its really good!


5

#36 SDL

SDL

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46420
  • Joined: 01/19/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

View Poststingreye, on 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

If you like Pebble,  check out Spyglass.  Its really good!

I'll have to give Spyglass a try. I know that the first few holes have a reputation as being outstanding, although the opinions seem to be mixed on the inland holes.

6

#37 mac4pres

mac4pres

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600
  • Joined: 03/10/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Now you guys have me excited to try it out. How long does it typically take to get a response after filling out the registration info?

7

#38 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3094

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

View Poststingreye, on 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

View PostSDL, on 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

If you like Pebble,  check out Spyglass.  Its really good!

Second that, Spyglass is a great design! It looks awesome in JNPG


View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Now you guys have me excited to try it out. How long does it typically take to get a response after filling out the registration info?

I think you'll find it's pretty awesome, especially once you dig into the OGT offerings.  Utilize Discord and all of the guys there for any help or questions you might have, you'll get immediate responses.  The mods are usually pretty quick getting back to you after you register.  I'll alert them just in case!
Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

8

#39 stingreye

stingreye

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Joined: 09/18/2015
  • Location:La Verne, CA
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Now you guys have me excited to try it out. How long does it typically take to get a response after filling out the registration info?
First thing, get on discord.  Then when you fill out registration, you can notify the mods and they will streamline the process.  There is also some setup steps that there are alot of guys that can help your get your system setup for the best experience.

9

#40 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

If you like multiplayer, one of the best features of JNPG is real time multiplayer along with its various multiplayer game modes such as skins, scrambles, alt shots, etc....

At OGT, we have the ability to do 2 man scramble tournaments and Ryder Cup style team match play.  :)   You don't even have to play against the other team head to head if you are pressed for time.  You and your partner can play your round and the scores will be revealed as the other teams play each hole.

Edited by Zmax, 03 January 2018 - 06:10 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 butette

butette

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17188
  • Joined: 07/30/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

View PostSDL, on 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

With the Premium Package for JNPG on Skytrak, do you have access to all the courses that Drew listed in the OP?

11

#42 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

View Postbutette, on 03 January 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

With the Premium Package for JNPG on Skytrak, do you have access to all the courses that Drew listed in the OP?

Yes, you do.  PP does have about 6 licensed courses that cost about $6 each for a total of less than $40.  Pebble and Spyglass are available from the JNPG community for free.  Both were created using high resolution LIDAR data.  In contrast, Foresight has a sale on FSX Pebble/spyglass combo for $1000. :)

Here's link to download all JNPG courses:
http://simulation.on...se-reviews.html

12

#43 fifteenclubs

fifteenclubs

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73026
  • Joined: 01/16/2009
  • Location:Monroe, MI
  • Ebay ID:fifteenclubs75
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Can JNPG be used with a FlightScope X2 Elite?

13

#44 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

View Postfifteenclubs, on 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Can JNPG be used with a FlightScope X2 Elite?

Should work.  The model that doesn't work is the Xi because the output of ball data is locked to FS's app only.

14

#45 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3094

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

View Postfifteenclubs, on 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Can JNPG be used with a FlightScope X2 Elite?

http://www.perfectpa...ta/#entry120803

Try the above

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

15

#46 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

Just wanted to add that the JNPG 1 week sim trial for $20 will also work with Trackman, Flightscope, and ES16.   They are trying to get a similar trial for Skytrak users as well.


Here's a video of this week's Long drive contest:




http://www.simulatio...d.html?id=25398
Posted Image

Edited by Zmax, 18 January 2018 - 12:24 PM.


16

#47 dxdgenert

dxdgenert

    Dirtiest player in the game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28908
  • Joined: 05/14/2007
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:15.6
  • Ebay ID:dxdgenert
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Just poking in to create a "bookmark". I'm picking up a SkyTrak, tomorrow and will be creating a simulator space. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions!
Cobra KING F7 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 60
Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
Titleist Vokey SM5 S Grind 54* and 58*
SeeMore PTM1

17

#48 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3094

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

View Postdxdgenert, on 18 January 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Just poking in to create a "bookmark". I'm picking up a SkyTrak, tomorrow and will be creating a simulator space. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions!

Jump in the Discord chat, you'll have a bunch of other Skytrak users willing to help out!
Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

18

#49 chazj

chazj

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476746
  • Joined: 07/28/2017
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

I just ordered my Skytrak and am still trying to decide between tgc and jnpg...so hereís my question...is there a way to have your ball performance stats show up on the screen after every shot on jnpg while playing 18?  None of the videos Iím watching have that and it seems like tgc does.  Iím leaning towards jnpg but donít want to buy/rent it if I canít see my spin rates/ball speeds etc

Edited by chazj, 22 January 2018 - 06:11 PM.


19

#50 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

No, at the moment, ball data is only shown in game if you're using the driving range.  It's not shown while playing a course.  Your ball data will still be available in TPS I believe.   You can try JNPG for one week for $20.

I hear TM booth at PGA Show will announce/show something JNPG related.... :)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 chazj

chazj

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476746
  • Joined: 07/28/2017
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Thatís a huge bummer and an oversight on their part if they are trying to attract serious golfers

21

#52 Zmax

Zmax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Joined: 01/02/2018
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Drewtaylor plays on JNPG Tour.  He's about as serious as they come.  We also have golfer instructors on our tour.  In fact, nearly all of the serios golfers migrated from TGC to JNPG.


JNPG with Skytrak and ball data app.  


Edited by Zmax, 22 January 2018 - 07:10 PM.


22

#53 chazj

chazj

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476746
  • Joined: 07/28/2017
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

What ball data app do u run with the sim?

23

#54 grabthepin

grabthepin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
  • Joined: 07/06/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

View Postchazj, on 22 January 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

That's a huge bummer and an oversight on their part if they are trying to attract serious golfers

Hi Chazj - it's actually the opposite - not an oversight and meant for very serious competition - as knowing ball (or club) data is not allowed in strict competition golf. Hence it appears on the range only. Practice and competing really are two different activities.

That said, it would be nice to have an option to see data during non-competition rounds and competitions that appreciate we're not playing for high stakes anyway.

But there are other options. With SkyTrak, there is a PC app running in the background that connects the SkyTrak to JNPG, and it shows all this data. Many display this app on a second monitor, or Alt-TAB to it when they are particularly interested.

There is also a very nice Android app that connects also to your network and does things like acting as a remote control for the game interface and shows all ball data and club data (if the LM supports it).

Edited by grabthepin, 22 January 2018 - 08:19 PM.


24

#55 chazj

chazj

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476746
  • Joined: 07/28/2017
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

That is so helpful.  Definitely going with the jnpg.  I am sorry for misunderstanding.  Thanks everyone for your help.


25

#56 grabthepin

grabthepin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
  • Joined: 07/06/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Just a note on the long drive distances you're seeing in the leaderboard above - the long drive holes are often set with 30 mph downwinds and hard fairways. JNPG's carry is very close to GC2 carry on a flat lie when things like elevation and wind are removed.

26

#57 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Joined: 11/22/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3094

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

View Postchazj, on 22 January 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

That is so helpful.  Definitely going with the jnpg.  I am sorry for misunderstanding.  Thanks everyone for your help.

No worries, thanks for bringing the question up, as I'm sure others would be curious as well.  

Thanks to the guys above for helping out!  That's really one of the best parts of joining the Discord group - you'll have a bunch of people ready and willing to help out with anything that comes up.

Then they'll turn around and tell you how much of a 'bagger you are :)  

Looking forward to seeing you out on tour Chaz!  Let us know if any other questions come up in the meantime
Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

27

#58 grabthepin

grabthepin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
  • Joined: 07/06/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

View Postchazj, on 22 January 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

That is so helpful.  Definitely going with the jnpg.  I am sorry for misunderstanding.  Thanks everyone for your help.

No problem, we'd love to have you along.  That long drive event ended up having 31 entrants including 2 kids shorter than your sand wedge (in distance and their height).

The nice thing about JNPG is one of the owner/founders/developers is a professional golfer with a side business in course visualization - Jack Nicklaus' course design company indeed use the JNPG's course designer in their business. So physics, the game of golf and real-life course fidelity form high-resolution scans have been priorities in the game, at the expense of a slick interface & corny commentaries. You'll find all hazard drop options for instance - even the lateral hazard opposite bank option that most real life golfers aren't aware of. The game's not perfect by any means, but to be honest, there's only one shot in a particular scenario that needs attention.

The only caveat - upgraditis - people very quickly realize this is amazing - I couldn't resist a casual 2v2 scramble last night at 1am my time despite having to start work at 7am. Having 3 other incredibly friendly people speaking in real time, discussing the putting line, suggest strategy or screaming when you sink a long putt to steal the hole is something that really has to be experienced. Winning 4&3 also helped, but I did have a pro as a partner. So it doesn't take long before many invest in better mats, projectors, screens, grab a GC2, then an HMT,...  SkyTrak is however more than adequate and gives a great experience but beware.

28

#59 bbjr

bbjr

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464616
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postgrabthepin, on 22 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

There is also a very nice Android app that connects also to your network and does things like acting as a remote control for the game interface and shows all ball data and club data (if the LM supports it).

Can you let me know what this app is called?  Is it in the Play Store?  Thanks

29

#60 stingreye

stingreye

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Joined: 09/18/2015
  • Location:La Verne, CA
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

View Postbbjr, on 23 January 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postgrabthepin, on 22 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

There is also a very nice Android app that connects also to your network and does things like acting as a remote control for the game interface and shows all ball data and club data (if the LM supports it).

Can you let me know what this app is called?  Is it in the Play Store?  Thanks

I think its a side loaded app.    If you want to display it on PC you use an android mirroring software I think.  Hit up the chat in the discord server and they will get you the apk and can walk you through the download.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Simulator, OnlineGolfTour, Skytrak, GC2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors