Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

Simulator OnlineGolfTour Skytrak GC2

44 replies to this topic

#31 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 2961

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

View Postmac4pres, on 02 January 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Glad I came across the thread.  I've recently opened a golf simulator in our clubhouse for the winter months.  Have been a set up and running for about a month now and things are going good.  I've got 2 gc2's (left and right handed golfers) and running the fsx software.  I'd like to try out different software but not sure if they will allow 2 gc2's to be connected at the same time, does anyone know if that's possible.  Even without it I might just download jnpg to play on my own.

Hey Mac, currently the interface does not allow for simultaneous connections to both a right and left-handed set up.  I raised this question in our Discord app and one of the guys suggested just using one GC2 and have it on a sliding or spinning track so that it could just be moved to suit the right or left-handed player.  You could then run JNPG simulation using the single GC2 and you'd be all set.  I'd definitely encourage you to try the software out though, even if just for the $20 weekly trial to see what game play is like.  I think it is far superior to FSX, and I know at least 50 guys who'd agree :)

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Silver Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 mac4pres

mac4pres

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Thanks Drew for the answer. I've bought the game in steam and am going to buy the trial. For the business side I'm going to continue using fsx but personally and with right hand friends we'll try out jnpg.

Can other people join the tour and play from my simulator on my steam account?

#33 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:27 AM

View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

Thanks Drew for the answer. I've bought the game in steam and am going to buy the trial. For the business side I'm going to continue using fsx but personally and with right hand friends we'll try out jnpg.

Can other people join the tour and play from my simulator on my steam account?

No problem - one copy of JNPG needed, on e steam account, one sim pass, but an OGT sub ($20/half-year) per person, or free for kids. They'll each get their own stats, ranking, etc.

Edited by grabthepin, 03 January 2018 - 03:32 AM.

#34 SDL

SDL

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46420
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

#35 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Handicap:14

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostSDL, on 03 January 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I just want to add my support for the JNPG software and the OGT tour. I don't currently play on the tour, but I follow some of the tour activities and have been very impressed by the commitment and passion of the folks who organize the tour.

We respect to JNPG, it is very cool software with some wonderful golf courses available for play - some as part of the basic JNPG package and many more as part of the growing list of user-created versions of classic real golf courses as well as courses that are purely the product of the imagination of the online course designer. TGC is the biggest competitor of JNPG, but the thousands of available TGC courses are not of consistently high quality while most of the JNPG courses are fantastic. I used to to participate in the golf sim forum run by TGC, but they do not allow healthy criticism of TGC so I now proudly wear the badge of honor reserved for those who are censored for posting positive opinions about JNPG on that other site.

My home simulator is based on a Skytrak, which doesn't quite match the performance of the GC2 but is nevertheless a very practical option for those who are reluctant to spend more than $2k on a launch monitor. I have the $250/year Premium Package for JNPG through Skygolf, which does involve an annual expense but ensures that you are not stuck with software that becomes outdated. This package allows free downloads of all of the user-created JNPG courses. I really enjoy playing courses like Pacific Dunes and Pebble Beach, and the JNPG version of Cypress Point is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't had a chance to play the recently released version of Whistling Straits, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try very soon.

For those of us dealing with lots of snow and -15 degree temps this winter, playing golf at home on a great course is a real treat!

If you like Pebble,  check out Spyglass.  Its really good!

#36 SDL

SDL

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46420
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

View Poststingreye, on 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

I'll have to give Spyglass a try. I know that the first few holes have a reputation as being outstanding, although the opinions seem to be mixed on the inland holes.

#37 mac4pres

mac4pres

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Now you guys have me excited to try it out. How long does it typically take to get a response after filling out the registration info?

#38 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

View Poststingreye, on 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Second that, Spyglass is a great design! It looks awesome in JNPG

View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Now you guys have me excited to try it out. How long does it typically take to get a response after filling out the registration info?

I think you'll find it's pretty awesome, especially once you dig into the OGT offerings.  Utilize Discord and all of the guys there for any help or questions you might have, you'll get immediate responses.  The mods are usually pretty quick getting back to you after you register.  I'll alert them just in case!
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#39 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Handicap:14

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

View Postmac4pres, on 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

First thing, get on discord.  Then when you fill out registration, you can notify the mods and they will streamline the process.  There is also some setup steps that there are alot of guys that can help your get your system setup for the best experience.

#40 Zmax

Zmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

If you like multiplayer, one of the best features of JNPG is real time multiplayer along with its various multiplayer game modes such as skins, scrambles, alt shots, etc....

At OGT, we have the ability to do 2 man scramble tournaments and Ryder Cup style team match play.  :)   You don't even have to play against the other team head to head if you are pressed for time.  You and your partner can play your round and the scores will be revealed as the other teams play each hole.

Edited by Zmax, 03 January 2018 - 06:10 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 butette

butette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17188
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

With the Premium Package for JNPG on Skytrak, do you have access to all the courses that Drew listed in the OP?

#42 Zmax

Zmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

View Postbutette, on 03 January 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

With the Premium Package for JNPG on Skytrak, do you have access to all the courses that Drew listed in the OP?

Yes, you do.  PP does have about 6 licensed courses that cost about $6 each for a total of less than $40.  Pebble and Spyglass are available from the JNPG community for free.  Both were created using high resolution LIDAR data.  In contrast, Foresight has a sale on FSX Pebble/spyglass combo for $1000. :)

Here's link to download all JNPG courses:
http://simulation.on...se-reviews.html

#43 fifteenclubs

fifteenclubs

• 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73026
  • Ebay ID:fifteenclubs75
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Can JNPG be used with a FlightScope X2 Elite?

#44 Zmax

Zmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

View Postfifteenclubs, on 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Should work.  The model that doesn't work is the Xi because the output of ball data is locked to FS's app only.

#45 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

View Postfifteenclubs, on 12 January 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

http://www.perfectpa...ta/#entry120803

Try the above

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

Also tagged with Simulator, OnlineGolfTour, Skytrak, GC2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors