Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

Simulator OnlineGolfTour Skytrak GC2

44 replies to this topic

#1 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285110
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 2961

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Some of you may be aware of this Sim software already, and I've discussed it in several threads, but thought it would be helpful to start a dedicated resource thread here on an unbiased forum for anyone who may be interested.  For those who may not be aware, there is a lack of objective info about this software on the golf sim forum, as they are financially tied to The Golf Club (TGC), a competing software. Talk of JNPG on that forum results in content being edited/deleted and users banned.  Thus, here we are!

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) is a computer game available for purchase on Steam for a $35 one time fee.  The game can be found here: http://store.steampo...s_Perfect_Golf/
Once in the game, users have the option of going to the Pro Shop to purchase the annual Sim pass for $250.  This enables the user to play the game via connection to a personal launch monitor (GC2, Skytrak, Flightscope, Trackman).  

Currently, GC2 users also have the option of a $20 trial run of the software, which can also be purchased in the Pro Shop in-game.  Easy step-by-step:
http://onlinegolftou...it=trial#p44560

Another huge benefit to JNPG is the connection to the OnlineGolfTour (OGT), which in my opinion is what really makes this software the best option on the market.  OGT offers the user an additional driving range with club fitting mode, full stat tracking during tournament play, trackman-style combines with live leaderboards, and a very competitive weekly tour that hosts 2-round tournaments that follow the PGA Tour schedule.  There are currently about 50 guys involved in the weekly events, which offer both a net and gross winner each week, and often include CTP and Long Drive competitions for some additional bragging rights.  Active tournaments, information, and leaderboards can be found here: http://www.simulatio...s.html?id=10036

Here is a look at the combines and an example of one of the combine leaderboards (shameless plug)

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 11.12.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 11.13.03 AM.png

The community does most of its chatting and game-making via the Discord app, and the guys are more than willing to help any new users with start-up issues or questions: https://discord.gg/veTtjdU  Someone is always playing or trying to organize a round, which is easy, as JNPG offer multiplayer options such as scrambles, alternate shot, hazard golf, or just a plain old round on any number of the 200+ courses that are available.  Courses are designed using LIDAR data for maximum real-life accuracy, and are continuously being developed and tested for release.  I will create another post below with the current real-life courses that are available.  

Here is a stream of mine that shows game play and graphics:

I'll be adding more to this thread to go into more depth on some of the features of JNPG/OGT, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  Everyone is welcome, of course, but I'm going to be selfish for a second here and say that I'd really love to see some more low handicappers joining so that we can get even better gross competitions going in these winter months!
:golfer:

Edited by drewtaylor21, 01 January 2018 - 01:41 AM.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Silver Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
2016 M2 5w (Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70x)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

OnlineGolfTour Stats: http://www.simulatio...e.html?id=16001

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

JNPG Course List (12/30/17)

Real courses (119)

Whistling Straits
Trump National Bedminster Old Course
Spyglass Hill
Quail Hollow Club
University of Georgia Golf Course
Links at Gateway
Smithfields CC
Amana Colonies Golf Club
Pinehurst No 2 v1
Sedgefield CC Ross
Dancing Rabbit (the Azaleas Course)
TPC Potomac at Avenel Farms
Baltusrol Lower TE
Victoria National Golf Club
Cypress Point Club
Royal Birkdale GC
Belle Isles CC East
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Galloway National
Bethpage Black
Bethpage Red
Royal Troon
Georgia Pines Golf Club (ANGC)
TPC Southwind
Jupiter Dunes CC (Jupiter Hills CC)
Plainfield CC
Nonesuch River
Cherry Hills CC
Peachtree Golf Club
Latrobe cc
Sedgefield CC Ross Course
Copperhead CCInnisbrook
Kissing Tree
Pine Lake Golf Club
Highlands v_1c Sunday River Golf Club
Merion Golf Club
Castle Pines
Cliffs at Keeowee Vineyards
East Sussex National West Course
Muirfield Village
Bandon Dunes
Ballyneal
The National Golf Links of America
The Old Course (St. Andrews Old Course)
Meadow Brook
Bandon Trails
Tobacco Road
Chicago Oaks GC (Medinah CC)
Lakes of Taylor
Rhode Island Country Club
TPC Scottsdale stadium
Baltusrol Lower
River Highlands CC (TPC River Highlands)
Orange County CC (Bay Hill Club and Lodge)
Florida Palms GR Blue (Doral Blue Monster)
TPC Deere Run
St Georges (Royal St George's Golf Club)
Orchard Valley
Naples CC Gold (Tiburon Golf Club)
Waialae Country Club
Riviera Country Club
Bear Mountain
Phillips Park
Liberty National GC
East Lake Golf Club
Gary Player CC
Royal Porthcawl
Winged Foot West US Open
Dalhousie GC
Innisbrook GC - Copperhead
Kytaja Golf - South East - Summer
Hanbury Manor
The Grove
Florida Glades CC (TPC Sawgrass)
Southport Links (Royal Birkdale)
Shadowcreek
Hintlesham Golf Club
Centurion
Royal Melbourne (Composite)
Firestone South
Forest Lake G.C.
Shoreacres country club
Heacham Manor
Olympic Golf Course Rio
Satagua_v6ANGC
Pacific Dunes
Carroch Loch V3 (Carnoustie)
Bethesda C.C.
NCR South
Bellerive CC
Massachusetts G.C. (TPC Boston)
Southampton Links (Sebonak GC)
Reserve at Keowee
Trump National at Ferry Point
PGA National Champion
Palm Beach GC (PGA National)
Walker Course
Quaker Ridge
Ocean View v1c (The Samoset Resort - Rockland, Maine)
Illinois CC (Conway Farms GC)
St Enodoc Golf Club
Trump National Coltsneck
Blackwolf Run (River)
TPC San Antonio
Valhalla
Mississippi Dunes Golf Links
S. Portland Municipal
Trapmont Country Club (Oakmont)
FarmLinks
Middleton Hall
ForsGarden GK
Westhaven North v4 (Wenthworth West GC)
North Lakes Resort GC
Spook Rock G.C.
Torrey Pines South
Trump National Hudson Valley
TPC Potomac at Avenel
NCR North
Fishers Island Club

Fictional courses (101)

Whitestone Park Golf Club
null (unnamed)
The Prelude
The Old Warden
Maha Toka
Old Scotch Links
Ddraig Du
Falcon Meadows
Barford Waters_1_3
Nahoon Reef GC
silverdell
Sarbach Peaks_1_7
Outer Island Links
Lands End
Evergreen Park Golf Club
Castle Heights GC
Lost Tracks GC
The Reservoir
Jersey Hills CC
Mulligan Municipal
Cape Fear
Wells Hollows Golf Links
Hazyview Golf Club
Ridgeway Municipal
Halcyon Springs
Crystal Pines
Black Swan
The Glen v1.1
River Bend GC
Mesquite Valley
*** Combine
Aloe Ridge v1
Sapphire Lake GC
Blackface Mountain
Blackface Mountain R
Mount Zanzibar North
Mount Zanzibar South
Old Cragg
Pineapple Lodge-Night
Pineapple Lodge Golf & Spa
Barnacle Bay
Crown Links 2017
Dogma Valley Par 3
The Cheviot G.C.
The Red Tree Club
Mohawk Valley Golf Course
Green Cliffs
Isla San Monique
Castle Black 18 v2
Aroha
Holy Oaks Golf Club
Shipwreck Cove
Heritage Coast Golf Club
MILLSTONE GOLF CLUB
Clay Hill Estates cc
Buzzard Coast cc
Downland Golf Course
Blackwater Creek
Dry Gulch Golf Club
Chop Hills Golf Club
Golden Meadows
Willow Heath
ShadowLands
Hobson House
Flatwater GC
Nautilus Bay
Danville Acres
Brook Vale GC v1.2
Mount Zanzibar Par 3
Port Wenn Links - The Louisa Course
The Glade GC v2
The Grinder G&CC
Gambler's Bay v2.1
Chickadee Golf Club
Dos Lagos v1.3
Skye Dunes GC_v3
PracticeCourse
Falconhead CC v3
Oak Hollow Bv2
Xaxnax Borealis
Royal Juxford
MillGreenGC
Pommeroy
Karen
Hidden Canyon G.C.
Club Schwarzwald
Abbotsley Golf Club
Five Sisters
Castle Morrland
Great River White
Turquoisesea1_11
The Pines Golf Course V1_2
Prison Putt
Glenray
Ayot Lakes GC
Devil's Island
* Driving Range Night
The Lake Course at CatWeazle Hill
* HQ Practice Area
*** Long Drive Course
Long Driving Hole

Edited by drewtaylor21, 31 December 2017 - 01:15 AM.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#3 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

Very nice coverage, Drew. I'm glad to see this golf game no longer kept in the dark as the dev team just want to make the most realistic golf experience - not promote it. I too was fooled thinking the simulator forum was impartial, and feel sorry for people trying to recuperate whatever they can on their $1000 TGC licenses when they find out about JNPG.

Whistling Straits and Trump National Bedminster Old Course came out in the last week if you want to add them to the list.

Sadly SkyTrak doesn't yet give a trial - but I can assure if you, if you're a true lover of golf, love to compete and prefer a game doesn't have distance and spin boosts allowed in competition, you won't regret it. OGT is a must.

Edited by grabthepin, 30 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#4 butette

butette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17188
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

Drew,

Looking at this

http://www.skytrakgo...on/perfect-golf

it seems like even at the Premium Package level, you are limited to those 13 courses that are not user designed.  Am I reading this right?  How do you get access to all the courses you listed above?  Is it different on GC2 vs Skytrak?

#5 gibbiesmalls

gibbiesmalls

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30091
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for all this information Drew - as a new owner of a GC2 (with HMT! :) )  I'm very much interested and have started doing research  on the best way to start playing some sim golf.

Can you provide a little more detail on what the $20 trial includes? Time -table?
Also this $250 charge is perpetual every year?

#6 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396468
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

View Postbutette, on 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Drew,

Looking at this

it seems like even at the Premium Package level, you are limited to those 13 courses that are not user designed.  Am I reading this right?  How do you get access to all the courses you listed above?  Is it different on GC2 vs Skytrak?

Not sure if the screen capture will appear but the premium $250 per year option includes all user community designed courses.  There are a handful of premium course for purchase from Perfect Golf and they are of high quality.

Nearly everyone here has seen Perfect Parralell's work (developer of Perfect Golf),  they do the 3D animated flyovers for the Masters in ESPN.  They are using the same engine I believe that they use for the game.

I have been play Perfect Golf for about a year and love it.  The courses Drew Posted have all been tested and are of high quality.  In order to make it on the OGT download list,  you have to go through course testing and approval.

Regarding the costs:  $250 is an annual sim pass, so you need to pay it every year.  The $35 purchase of the PC game is a one time purchase.  

The $20 OGT fre is for a third party group of sim addicts that creates online tournaments and stats.  Included in the $20 are:
1). The better OGT interface for connecting the gc2 (it also does course verification to ensure you have th latest version of user designed courses,  that part works for skytrak too)
2). Night Range - it's a fitting module that links to the web portal so you can save your range data
3) lots of Conbines -  OGT designed the combines and they are excellent for practicing
4). Online tour events including full fed cup style schedule for gross and net,  monthly team events such as alt shot, greensome, and scramble both gross and net, exhibitions tournament with hazard, stableford, stroke events,  Play with the Pros events when the courses are setup as closed to the event being played that week on the tour.  

After you play the tour a bit you realize he $20 per season (two season per year) is a steal.

It's a lot of fun.  Most nights you can play with other golfers live multiplayer with microphones and friendly trash talking.

It's a ton of fun!

Attached Thumbnails

• E382B509-1FA6-44DC-A0F4-22094D168295.png

Edited by stingreye, 31 December 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#7 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

View Postgibbiesmalls, on 31 December 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

Thanks for all this information Drew - as a new owner of a GC2 (with HMT! :) )  I'm very much interested and have started doing research  on the best way to start playing some sim golf.

Can you provide a little more detail on what the $20 trial includes? Time -table?

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week.    Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

Congratulations on the new purchase of the GC2 and HMT.  The Free IPAD app from Foresight isn't too bad for free.  What software do you have?

#8 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

View Postbutette, on 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Drew,

Looking at this

Hey guys, definitely check out Stingreye's post above, as he covered a lot of the info.  He's actually the guy that first introduced me to JNPG and OGT, and is a big help!

Butette, Skytrak users can access all of the same courses.  JNPG mods have been trying to get Skytrak to update their website, but have not had success with that yet.  It's very outdated, to say the least!

Gibbie, the $20 trial is for one week of full access, which you can cancel at anytime.  You can continue paying $20/week, or just buy the full version and join us.  You'll be hooked, I promise! :)

Edited by drewtaylor21, 31 December 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#9 gibbiesmalls

gibbiesmalls

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

View Poststingreye, on 31 December 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week. Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

Congratulations on the new purchase of the GC2 and HMT.  The Free IPAD app from Foresight isn't too bad for free.  What software do you have?

I bought my GC2 used and came with FR1 and also came with TGC!   I haven't played any golf yet as I'm learning tons about my swing with HMT and making great improvement with it.

I agree that the IPAD app is awesome and that's really all I've been using lately.  Don't even use the "range" in FR1 (yet).

I am still in the process of building my sim so that's also the reason why I haven't spent too much time "golfing".

#10 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

View Postgibbiesmalls, on 31 December 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week. Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

I bought my GC2 used and came with FR1 and also came with TGC!   I haven't played any golf yet as I'm learning tons about my swing with HMT and making great improvement with it.

I agree that the IPAD app is awesome and that's really all I've been using lately.  Don't even use the "range" in FR1 (yet).

I am still in the process of building my sim so that's also the reason why I haven't spent too much time "golfing".

Cool! If you need any help getting FR1 up and going let me know.  I no longer have FR but have helped several guys get it going (I have FSX still).  I think Drew still has FR1.

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how big impact location matter with Driver.

Edited by stingreye, 31 December 2017 - 01:14 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

View Poststingreye, on 31 December 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week.    Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

Cool! If you need any help getting FR1 up and going let me know.  I no longer have FR but have helped several guys get it going (I have FSX still).  I think Drew still has FR1.

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how big impact location matter with Driver.

I do still have Fr1, but haven't used it since July when I got access to the OGT combines 😎

Gibbie feel free to ask any questions that come up as you get your build off the ground!
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#12 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:47 AM

The $20 lets you play as much as you wish during the week and OGT will let you use their GC2 interface as well, which shows you all GC2 ball data and HMT club data, plus allows course downloads to be managed. JNPG itself carries the standard 2 week refund period all games on Steam have, but you are limited to 2 hours play.

The $250 is every year, but we all consider it a no-brainer, especially those coming from other sims like E6 where 12-course packs are $400, and FSX, well... Pebble Beach on FSX is currently marked down by $250!  

Jump on the discord link though Drew posted and you'll find everyone very welcoming and you'll be able to join one of the regular scrambles that get played - you'll be smiling ear-to-ear after.

#13 ThorntonMelon

ThorntonMelon

Rookie

• 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323067

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

Do you have to have hmt to use this? Just got a gc2 but did not buy the hmt

#14 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

HMT not required as it's GC2's ball data the sim requires. The interface simply displays HMT data for convenience. Of the 120 or so OGT members with GC2s, I think only around 10-15 would have the HMT as well.

#15 gibbiesmalls

gibbiesmalls

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

View Poststingreye, on 31 December 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how far in-to-out my swing was! I was averaging 5-9* from the inside that explained all of my misses (blocks or overdraws if I didn't match the face to that path). I've been working really hard on neutralizing my path since i got it and have been making great progress. Shot back to back "easy" 74's the last 2 weekends.

Incredible tool.

#16 Poser

Poser

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144057
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hmm I may have to get back into this been a couple years and was still in beta last time I tried it.  Got banned from the golfsimulator forum that does TGC cause the clown running it is POS and was reading peoples private messages

#17 tarmactrr

tarmactrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107184
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

I'm in to give this a try with the $20 trial once my new replacement screen arrives.

#18 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

View Posttarmactrr, on 31 December 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

I'm in to give this a try with the $20 trial once my new replacement screen arrives.

Jump in to Discord and say hey, lots of new guys and vets playing and we're happy to show you the ropes!

View PostPoser, on 31 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Hmm I may have to get back into this been a couple years and was still in beta last time I tried it.  Got banned from the golfsimulator forum that does TGC cause the clown running it is POS and was reading peoples private messages

Saw you got back into things today, welcome back to OGT and the GSF Banned Club :rofl:
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#19 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

One of the other recent highlights of JNPG/OGT that I wanted to mention was the Ryder Cup.  We had 16 guys from a "World" team and 16 from the USA competing in 4 sessions of matches.

Session 1: Alternate Shot at St. Andrews Old Course (World 5, USA 3)

Session 2: 2-man Scramble at Royal Troon (World 7.5, USA 8.5)

Session 3: Alternate Shot at Bear Mountain (World 13.5, USA 10.5)

Session 4: 2-man Scramble at Muirfield Village (World 16.5, USA 15.5)

Session 5: Singles at Whistling Straits (World 26, USA 22)

The event was extremely well put together, and the teams were actually very evenly matched, with the win coming down to the final handful of matches! Team World ended up taking it home, but it was a lot of fun teaming up and I am very much looking forward to our next big team event.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 10.28.21 PM.png

The community and competition are truly second to none!

Here's a great example of what a scramble looks like (link below).  While it's possible to have all 4 guys play a live match, given the time zone constraints and challenges involved with the amount of people we had playing in the Ryder Cup, it wasn't required for the teams to play each other "live."  Instead, the 2 members from each team just coordinated a time within the session dates and played.  The cool thing was that all scores were hidden until the opposing team played their match, but as the team finished each hole, the opposing team's score would be revealed on OGT's live updated scoreboard page, so we could all see exactly where we stood, and guys would be discussing the matches as they happened in Discord.  Pretty cool stuff :)

Edited by drewtaylor21, 01 January 2018 - 10:29 AM.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#20 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Ryder Cup was really fun!  Guys brought their ďAĒ game too.  Lots of good scores.

Itís a ton of fun!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 psgolfer

psgolfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367341
  • Handicap:3.1
  • Ebay ID:psgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

I've playing JNPG with GC2 for 2.5 years now and it's great!!!

Weekly Tournaments
Play with the Pro's (match PGA tour with the pro's on the leaderboard)
Closest to the pin every week
Long Drive Comps
Ryder Cup matches
Plus lots of online multi player games

10X better than TGC.  Alot of guys have migrated from TGC to JNPG due to better physics, NO CHEATING and a community that doesn't moderate or censor your opinions.

1 Week trial for $20, worth checking out.

#22 QMany

QMany

#TheWRX

• 8,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113894
  • Handicap:+1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 5303

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

I wish I had room in my home for a simulator setup. Interestingly enough, the winter facility I frequent has this technology for rent. (I'm not sure if it is setup for online play).

I played around with it one day and it took a little to get used to where to aim to achieve what felt like the ballflight for that swing. Drew, do you find much difference between the indoor recorded and calculated flight and that outdoors on what feels like similar swings?
Currently in #TheWRX...

Callaway GBB Epic (9°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 70X
Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X

Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Callaway MD3 (50° 54° 60°) DG S400 TI
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Srixon ZStar XV

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram

#23 Poser

Poser

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Chipping and putting are the hardest to get use too.  The sim sometimes the chips stop instantly sometimes they roll out and the bunkers are another problem.  Ball flight for the most part and full shots react normal

#24 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostQMany, on 02 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

I wish I had room in my home for a simulator setup. Interestingly enough, the winter facility I frequent has this technology for rent. (I'm not sure if it is setup for online play).

I played around with it one day and it took a little to get used to where to aim to achieve what felt like the ballflight for that swing. Drew, do you find much difference between the indoor recorded and calculated flight and that outdoors on what feels like similar swings?

Q I wish you had room in your house too, I'd love to have you playing the tour events! It'd be a blast to compete with you :)

The only difference in ball flight indoors vs out that I see is that the GC2 (launch monitor) is slightly draw-biased I believe.  I haven't seen a side-by-side comparison with Trackman or anything, but I would be surprised if something like that didn't confirm what I feel.  I know some of the other low or + cappers have mentioned the same thing.  

With that said, part of me wonders if it has to do with just swinging indoors vs out, especially where alignment is concerned.  My aim line indoors is about 5 feet in front of the ball, so I think it would be very easy to have baseline shifted a bit right of the actual target down-range.  I have been wanting to experiment with this indoors vs. out, but just haven't taken my GC2 to an outdoor range yet and messed around with alignment/sight lines.  

As far as JNPG is concerned, it is just going off of what the launch monitor tells it via interface, so what I see when playing is exactly what I would expect based on what the LM is spitting out.  I think the physics in the game are very good.  The only area that everyone has identified as an issue is in the short game physics, if you are well below the green, you'll get some inconsistent spin now and then as Poser mentioned above.  Sometimes they bounce once and check up hard, other times they roll out.  That's frustrating but it is being worked on!  

Overall I am extremely happy with the experience! Maybe even to a fault lol.  If the weather outdoors is even a little crappy, I'd much rather be playing in the garage :rofl:
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

#25 Poser

Poser

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

I thought the draw thing was just me.  When I purchased the GC2 I noticed that right away even was on support with foresight because of it.  It is very draw biased.

#26 Zmax

Zmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490036
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

First post here.  Thank you so much Drew for creating this thread.  It's tough to get the word out about JNGP and OGT Tours.  JNPG is full featured simulator software, which allows OGT to do so much for our tour site.   For those that have kids that play, we've just started a Kids Tour.  Kids play 9 holes from distances of 1000 yards or less.   I will post a few leaderboards to give an idea of some of the things we do.

Current FedEx tournament leaderboard (Muirfield Village):

Posted Image

Current longest drive leaderboard (NOTE: Hole is about 40ft downhill and 30 mph tail wind)

Posted Image

JNPG Kids Tour info:
http://onlinegolftou...7&t=3655#p44334

Posted Image

Edited by Zmax, 02 January 2018 - 07:07 PM.

#27 stingreye

stingreye

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

LOL!  I am WRX long in the Long Drive...... :superman:

although there was a 30 MPH tail wind with hard fairways and it was downhill.... :swoon: The only thing missing was hosting it at Cherry Hills to get the elevation too! (Cherry hills is crazy to play in JNPG because it has elevation effect when you play there, great course on PG though.  Its tough to judge your irons on due to the elevation change).

Waiting to see what Drew puts up in the Long Drive.....

To give an idea, even though I swing out of my shoes for the long drive.  I hit driver around 160 ball speed and usually around 270-280 IRL on well hit drives and that about what I see in the game.

Kids tour is pretty cool!  My daughter is just about ready to give the kids tour an attempt!  Sim golf is great way for kids to get into the game.

Edited by stingreye, 02 January 2018 - 08:12 PM.

#28 mac4pres

mac4pres

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104600

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Glad I came across the thread.  I've recently opened a golf simulator in our clubhouse for the winter months.  Have been a set up and running for about a month now and things are going good.  I've got 2 gc2's (left and right handed golfers) and running the fsx software.  I'd like to try out different software but not sure if they will allow 2 gc2's to be connected at the same time, does anyone know if that's possible.  Even without it I might just download jnpg to play on my own.

#29 wegobomber31

wegobomber31

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

Iíve had the GC2 and JNPG sim software for about 5 months now. Iím not sure how I ever lived without them. Iím spending this Chiberia winter hitting golf balls every day and feel better than ever about the upcoming golf season.  My favorite aspects of JNPG are the extensive catalog of real golf courses (not only tour courses but other architecturally significant courses), the ability to design your own courses, the Combine feature, the OGT tour and the OGT community.

#30 drewtaylor21

drewtaylor21

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:00 AM

View PostPoser, on 02 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I thought the draw thing was just me.  When I purchased the GC2 I noticed that right away even was on support with foresight because of it.  It is very draw biased.

Yup.  I don't feel like it messes me up going from indoors to out, but it is a noticeable feature of the GC2.  

I don't want this thread to get off topic into launch monitor territory too much, but I thought this video was interesting.  GCQuad is definitely more draw-biased than Trackman indoors it would appear.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Pbj6vHAvVQE

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x/Snell MTB

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with Simulator, OnlineGolfTour, Skytrak, GC2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors