Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Club Champion Fitting Sale

66 replies to this topic

#31 aceofclubs

aceofclubs

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164519
  • Ebay ID:299alot
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Is Accra considered an inferior shaft in general?
I mean, if its a good fit for you who cares what name is on the shaft.

Cobra Amp Cell w/Aldila Tour Green
Taylormade Superfast 16.5*
Cobra Amp Cell 19* Hybrid
Mizuno MP 59 w/KBS Tour S
Titleist SM4 50* & 56* M grind
                Ping TR Karsten

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 jeenyusss

jeenyusss

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 319501
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

i got fit into fujikura xlr8

#33 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

View Postaceofclubs, on 31 December 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Is Accra considered an inferior shaft in general?
I mean, if its a good fit for you who cares what name is on the shaft.
I think what's being implied is a consistent fitting into pricier shafts regardless of actual performance.  I don't buy it though because the person being fitted isn't blind to the results of each swing.  I mean when I go there in a couple weeks I'll be paying attention to the #s with each build.  I'll give each set up my best effort while hoping the run-of-the-mill stock options fit me well.
Sun Mountain Front 9
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Nike VR Forged 52*, 58*
Cameron Studio Select Newport

#34 Hambone1

Hambone1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142377
  • Handicap:+4.3
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

https://www.instagra...CBnHBwP1/?hl=en

For those who donít want to click, an Instagram post from the guys at CC showing their most sold shafts. VCi15, seems pretty evenly distributed. Hard to fit someone into a shaft they arenít hitting well.
Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10.5 Fujikura Speeder Platinum 5X
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Atmos Blue 6X
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Atmos Blue 7X
Srixon Z765 Steelfiber 110CW X
Miura Forged Black Carbon 52/58 DG S400
Ping Vault Oslo

#35 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

View Postsplawsky, on 31 December 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

which location?

Paramus, NJ

#36 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

View PostNoyes26, on 31 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

What heís saying is most people that go to Club Champion are being fit into Accra shafts. Which I agree. Every person I ever see fit by them... itís Accra or Oban Devotion.

Not me. I donít think I even hit an Accra shaft during my fitting.

I did hit Oban iron shafts, but they werenít a good fit for me. After 5 swings, we moved on to something else. The fitter didnít seem like he cared whether they worked or not - he just wanted to fit me into something that worked.

I also hit an Oban during my driver fitting, as well as a bunch of other shafts. None of them either as well as my current Rogue Max / 917 D3 setup.

#37 Shades234

Shades234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446016
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

View PostShades234, on 31 December 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

View Postvci15, on 31 December 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Got fitted last year and been slowly acquiring my shafts and irons through GolfWRX or eBay. Through the year I noticed a lot of other folks being fitted to the same brand shaft as mine (Accra) and the fact that whenever I see them on eBay or forums, its because they were originally from Club Champion. Sometime seems fishy with that.

Doesn't seem fishy to me that second hand Accra shafts are coming from people who were fitted at Club Champion. Pretty sure Accra can only be purchased through fitters such as CC.

What is surprising is that these people are selling the shafts on eBay instead of going back and getting the problem fixed w/ CC's guarantee.

What he's saying is most people that go to Club Champion are being fit into Accra shafts. Which I agree. Every person I ever see fit by them... it's Accra or Oban Devotion.
Idk. I was fitted into an Accra, but a guy at the bay next to me was pushing 180 ball speed and was fitted into something not Oban or Accra. The Accra worked best for me on Trackman, so I went with it. I haven't received my clubs yet, so we'll see if I stick with it. My point was more that Club Champion has a 90 day guarantee. If your clubs aren't performing, it seems that 90 days is long enough to figure that out and get back in to take a look and fix the problem.

Of course people are going to make changes outside of the 90 days, but the fact that these shafts are originating from CC isn't really a knock against them for me. There's a reason the shaft was purchased. It had to have performed for that person at some point. Unless the insinuation is that CC is purposely not pitting similar shafts against Accra in an effort to sell more of the brand. But that would be quite the scandal.
Titleist 917D3 8.75 - Accra Tour Z X465 M5
Titleist 917F2 14.25 - Paderson KG Fairway KG860-F40
TaylorMade 2017 M1 H 19 - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 95 Hybrid X
Miura CB-501 4-9 - Oban CT-115X
Vokey SM6 48F, 52F, 56S, 60S - Oban CT-115X
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

#38 vci15

vci15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336175
  • Ebay ID:vci15
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

View PostShades234, on 01 January 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

Got fitted last year and been slowly acquiring my shafts and irons through GolfWRX or eBay. Through the year I noticed a lot of other folks being fitted to the same brand shaft as mine (Accra) and the fact that whenever I see them on eBay or forums, its because they were originally from Club Champion. Sometime seems fishy with that.

Doesn't seem fishy to me that second hand Accra shafts are coming from people who were fitted at Club Champion. Pretty sure Accra can only be purchased through fitters such as CC.

What is surprising is that these people are selling the shafts on eBay instead of going back and getting the problem fixed w/ CC's guarantee.

What he's saying is most people that go to Club Champion are being fit into Accra shafts. Which I agree. Every person I ever see fit by them... it's Accra or Oban Devotion.
Idk. I was fitted into an Accra, but a guy at the bay next to me was pushing 180 ball speed and was fitted into something not Oban or Accra. The Accra worked best for me on Trackman, so I went with it. I haven't received my clubs yet, so we'll see if I stick with it. My point was more that Club Champion has a 90 day guarantee. If your clubs aren't performing, it seems that 90 days is long enough to figure that out and get back in to take a look and fix the problem.

Of course people are going to make changes outside of the 90 days, but the fact that these shafts are originating from CC isn't really a knock against them for me. There's a reason the shaft was purchased. It had to have performed for that person at some point. Unless the insinuation is that CC is purposely not pitting similar shafts against Accra in an effort to sell more of the brand. But that would be quite the scandal.

At the time I didn't know anything about shafts other than the brand Project X... who knows... maybe they manipulate the fittings so that noobs see for themselves that Accra works best for them. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they were doing that.
Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 10.5 - Tour AD-MJ 5 R1
Callaway Epic 15 - Accra FX200
Callaway Big Bertha OS 19 - Accra FX200H
Callaway Apex CF16 - PXI 5.5
Cleveland RTX-3 50, 54, 58
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball 34"

#39 Hambone1

Hambone1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142377
  • Handicap:+4.3
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

View Postvci15, on 01 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

At the time I didn't know anything about shafts other than the brand Project X... who knows... maybe they manipulate the fittings so that noobs see for themselves that Accra works best for them. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they were doing that.

I was fit by them. Clearly not in Accra or Devotion. That assertion is hilarious. You mentioned you sourced your shafts second hand based on their recommendation.  If you donít trust them, why pursue second hand options?
Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10.5 Fujikura Speeder Platinum 5X
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Atmos Blue 6X
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Atmos Blue 7X
Srixon Z765 Steelfiber 110CW X
Miura Forged Black Carbon 52/58 DG S400
Ping Vault Oslo

#40 wundej

wundej

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34315
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

View Postvci15, on 01 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

I can't speak for other locations, but I can say that I've been extremely happy working with the guys in Philly. Last year I went in with my GBB and Rogue Silver. Had been back and forth between the Rogue and Matrix Rul. I wanted to try out the Epics and M's (other stuff didn't really work out for me sound/looks). We spent a few hours and at the end, "I'd love to sell you something, but you are getting (by far) the best numbers with the GBB and Rogue you have. Next up was Epic and Accra CS1. I know what I'm doing with numbers and always talk through the suggestions with them so I know what they are thinking.

I don't know why someone who has half a brain wouldn't ask to look at the shot plots and reports to see how the stuff performed. If you are just going in blindly, hoping to be fit into the best option for you...then I guess you just need a bit of trust.

If the knock is that a lot of people come away with Devotions, you can't say they are fitting everyone into the expensive stuff. That is a relatively cheap shaft, probably one of the cheaper options they carry. Accra I get, but still, they are good shafts so if they work the best, don't see how it's an issue.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 JayLefty

JayLefty

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29711
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

I have had nothing but great experiences with Club Champion. They are the one place you can go and know that everything is going to come back exactly as you ordered. In addition, being someone that likes a higher swingweight it is hard to order through the manufacturer and have the clubs correct. They are expensive, but I know what I am paying for when I order through them.

Edited by JayLefty, 01 January 2018 - 08:37 PM.

Ping G LST 9* w/ Aldila Tour Green 95 TX | Ping i25 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95 TX | Srixon Z U65 20* w/ Project X 6.5
Ping i E1 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5 | Ping Glide 50*, 54* and 58* w/ X100 | Ping Anser 2 Vault

#42 Skeeterfire

Skeeterfire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152425
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

My experience with CC was very positive, would recommend to anyone.  

I only purchased irons, but was fitted into Driver and 3W.  Also had hybrids and wedges cut down and adjusted, and putter extended.  Donít think I hit Accra shafts.  Hit Obans, was ultimately fitted into Evenflow.  

Well worth the $175.  What you choose to buy from there is up to you.....wonít hesitate to go back to CC in future.  Fitter George Smith at Edina, MN location was great.

#43 armesjr

armesjr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 361689
  • Ebay ID:magkid
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for a specific fitter at the Atlanta location?

#44 Glaze22

Glaze22

FORE!!!!

• 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365689
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

I was fit into an Accra shaft for my driver. When you look at all the numbers and that is the one that is the best, how can they be pushing people into the shaft? The numbers speak for themselves. I was also fit into a Diamana and he said either would work, but the Accra had better spin numbers. My woods were Diamana's and my hybrids were Veylix. If you have any idea about numbers it is hard for them to "push" something on you.

"Hey you hit this combo the best, but you should go with this combo of shaft and head because the shaft is nicer, but does not give you the best numbers". If you agree to that then I have some bottled air that will improve your swing for $199.00 per gallon, you have to buy 3 dozen to get that price.....deal?

Edited by Glaze22, 03 January 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#45 EamoBricko

EamoBricko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379912
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Pretty happy with my Club Champion experience. Did the 50% off full fitting last January, fitter was happy with the numbers I was getting  with my current irons,wedges and driver. We did try various combinations but nothing showed any drastic improvement.

Recommended me a 4w & shaft (priced from CC at $375, which was too expensive for me, but I had told him beforehand that I wasn't looking to spend big bucks and he didn't seem to mind) so put it together myself using BST & Ebay!

Went back 2 weeks ago, booked the full fitting again. We checked everything, I guess my swing hasn't changed much as the numbers were still good. Wouldn't charge me for the fitting as nothing had changed, even after spending a long time on the SAM to fine tune my putter.

Would fully recommend Hiroshi at the Long Island location.

Edited by EamoBricko, 04 January 2018 - 01:18 PM.

#46 Arb8889

Arb8889

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376120
  • Handicap:2.4
  • Ebay ID:pro655
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Anthony Minchini at Club Champion Long Island is an awesome fitter, tell him Alex Bardani sent you!
TM 2017 M1 460 (12) w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 X
TM M2 3 Wood HL (16.5) w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 S
TM Burner 7 Wood (21) w/ Aldila NVS S

Adams CMB 4-PW w/ KBS C Taper Lite S
Titliest Vokey SM6 (52, 56) w/ C Taper Lite S

Titliest Vokey SM4 (60) w/ C Taper Lite S
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

#47 Sanzabar

Sanzabar

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125516
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger and drive 2 hours to do a full bag fitting.
Ping G SF Tec
Callaway V-Series 3 wood

Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
Srixon Z H45 22*
Nike Vapor Pro Combo

Callaway PM Grind 56/60*
SeeMore M1 Private Reserve

#Colts #ForTheShoe

#48 Glaze22

Glaze22

FORE!!!!

• 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365689

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Sanzabar, on 03 January 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger and drive 2 hours to do a full bag fitting.

Do it, it is well worth a 2 hour drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 uflorida1

uflorida1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 333497

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Arb8889, on 03 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Anthony Minchini at Club Champion Long Island is an awesome fitter, tell him Alex Bardani sent you!
Anthony Minchini is awesome! Highly recommend him - I had a great experience last year

#50 JayLefty

JayLefty

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29711
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

I think it is worth the drive. I had a golf epiphany through my experience. The St. Louis store has been great to me. I had a great fitting with Leif.

Ping G LST 9* w/ Aldila Tour Green 95 TX | Ping i25 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95 TX | Srixon Z U65 20* w/ Project X 6.5
Ping i E1 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5 | Ping Glide 50*, 54* and 58* w/ X100 | Ping Anser 2 Vault

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 Qwiklap

Qwiklap

An aspiring hacker ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431634
  • Ebay ID:Skrill
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Going in to Club Champion DC (in Rockville MD) for my full-bag fitting this afternoon.  Will report back ....

I plan on outling my primary goal -- to find out what I should be hitting in terms of lie, lofts, shaft profiles, etc.  But not really interested in buying new clubs -- but rather knowing what I need to do to make clubs generally fit to me.

Hopefully they are cool with that.
Callaway Epic SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Yellow HC 63g 6.0
2016 M2 15* w/ Fujikura Rombax 6z08 S-flex
Cobra F7 2-3h (@17.5*) w/ Matrix HM3 Red Tie S-flex
Cobra F7 4-5h (@22*) w/ stock Fujikura Pro 75h S-flex
Cobra King Forged Tec (5-GW) UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Callaway MD3 54* S-grind & 58* PM grind
Machine M2a converter fatback

#52 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 461

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

They don't pressure you to buy at all. Don't tell them you aren't buying anything up front. Tell them your goals are better accuracy and distance and let them do their thing. I tried not to look at the heads nor the shafts they handed me and just kept trying to make "consistent" swings. It's not a long drive competition so don't go trying to kill every shot. I hit almost 200 balls there in my full fitting.

I got fit for Accra Tour ZX in driver and Oban CT-115 for irons and the numbers don't lie but I'm trying to find something less expensive and build my own bag over time. I drove over 2 hours for mine and it was well worth the $175.

Edited by thevaporz, 12 January 2018 - 02:20 PM.

#53 Qwiklap

Qwiklap

An aspiring hacker ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

It’s an inauspicious start.  Here for 1pm appointment at 12:45.  At 1:30 finally asked to go back in the bay and warm up.  Now 2:30 - hit a lot of balls, sweating - fitting still has not started.  

Pissed .........  I have a wife I have to get home to tonight.  Ugh...

Like the set up though.   A lot more accurate than my SkyTrak.

Posted Image

#54 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 461

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

That's a bummer. I'd be ticked too. From my one and only fitting I got there early and started early (not at your location). Spent around 4.5 hours there and my fitter was A+ the entire time.

Edited by thevaporz, 12 January 2018 - 02:41 PM.

#55 dgmusae

dgmusae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77612
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

You don't have to buy anything, right? I don't want to feel bad...

#56 Silicon Valley Dale

Silicon Valley Dale

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487608
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

dgmusae, on 12 January 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

You don't have to buy anything, right? I don't want to feel bad...

Nope! Not at all. Look at it this way, even though they're half off you're still paying good money for the fitting. Sure at half off they're probably breaking even or even slightly losing on the fitting alone, but they're doing it to drum up business. If there was always a wait list at full price they'd never run half off deals. Sure they're ultimate goal is to sell you a new set of clubs at an exorbitant price. Some will go for that some won't.

I'd look at it like taking my car to the dealership for service. Every single time I go there they find 3k worth of repairs that I had no idea were even issues. I usually decline anything that's not unsafe and hadn't been a problem. I always look at it like their ultimate goal every time I step foot on their property is me to walk off with a shiny new car. Even if they get me to agree to 1k worth of repairs for 3k, they're making a killing. Doesn't stop me from taking it there when needed though, just know what you're going there for and pay them for what you wanted in the first place.

#57 Shades234

Shades234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446016
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Qwiklap, on 12 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

It’s an inauspicious start.  Here for 1pm appointment at 12:45.  At 1:30 finally asked to go back in the bay and warm up.  Now 2:30 - hit a lot of balls, sweating - fitting still has not started.  

Wow. I know they'll never kick someone out without finishing their fitting completely, but this is just poor scheduling. Hope they did something to make things right.
Titleist 917D3 8.75 - Accra Tour Z X465 M5
Titleist 917F2 14.25 - Paderson KG Fairway KG860-F40
TaylorMade 2017 M1 H 19 - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 95 Hybrid X
Miura CB-501 4-9 - Oban CT-115X
Vokey SM6 48F, 52F, 56S, 60S - Oban CT-115X
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

#58 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4867

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

mgoods23, on 29 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Have my full bag fitting next weekend. To those who have done it, do you just get the specs from CC and then order direct from the manufacturer to avoid their high markup?

How did that turn out for you?
I've popped in there to have some grips done once and it's a pretty cool setup they have in there (assuming it's the one beside ACC off 360).

Edited by duffer987, 12 January 2018 - 07:06 PM.

WITB | Courses Played list | How to leave feedback

"I don't agree 100% with your analysis.  Yes, it's nice to hole out, which I did twice during last weeks game, but didn't need either to win those holes or the match.   All that was needed was a tap in to win each hole.  Of course, I was aiming from 20yds and 15yds with the intent to put the ball in the hole, but the expectation was tap-ins." PT

#59 Silicon Valley Dale

Silicon Valley Dale

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487608
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Shades234, on 12 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Qwiklap, on 12 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

Itís an inauspicious start.  Here for 1pm appointment at 12:45.  At 1:30 finally asked to go back in the bay and warm up.  Now 2:30 - hit a lot of balls, sweating - fitting still has not started.  

Wow. I know they'll never kick someone out without finishing their fitting completely, but this is just poor scheduling. Hope they did something to make things right.

I'd have to reschedule if they left me alone on a sim for an hour, I'd be too worn out. There would be 5-10 warmup swings and then 160+ full out driver swings with multiple clubheads and  numerous swapping out of shafts. That's without even having to use their equipment! :)

#60 Qwiklap

Qwiklap

An aspiring hacker ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

Well -- fitting got going a little after 2:30.  And it ran to about 6pm.  But I ran out of gas (too many swings -- over 200 fully swings).  I tried to swing driver at the end -- but my SS was down 8 mph and accuracy (in terms of where on the face I was hitting) way off versus my warm-up.

But we worked on irons for a while (looking at shafts and heads) and putter (SAM fitting).  And I came away accomplishing my goals on those two areas.  I know what works better/best for me.  And I learned a lot about my specs.

Jim (my fitter) apologized profusely -- apparently the guy in his morning fitting went way long (wanting to hit all kinds of stuff) - try everything, etc.  So that customer was very inconsiderate of Jim's time -- and caused my fitting to get screwed over. Jim offered to have me back another time (after all the new woods come out) to work on woods, hybrids and wedges.  That was a great gesture.  And made me happy.

When I got home (which is a 30 min drive for me) -- I found on my phone an email from Jim.  He had spoken to Club Champion corporate - and was refunding fitting fee.  And he still wants me to come back.  Now that ... is making it right.

At the end of the day - I learned:

1.  My irons are too short by about 1/2"
2.  My swing weight is way off (at C7) -- this is likely because I installed heavier mid-sized grips.  Somewhere in D2 to D4 ranges is probably ideal for me.
3.  I actually like my clubheads -- but AP1 and Cally Epic are close (but I would never pay the price Epic's cost).
4.  I hit Steelfiber i95 quite well (he had me in stiff -- but I think regular might work better).
5.  I am actually standard lie (or maybe 1* upright).
6.  A face balanced putter would work better for me.  But working on the stroke is more important.
7.  I need to work on my putter address alignment (I suck at aiming).

All in all -- I had a bad experience at Club Champion ... but I would still recommend it because they made it right for me, and certainly know what they are doing.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors