Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway Rogue and Rogue Pro Irons


219 replies to this topic

#31 tr881430

tr881430

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261138
  • Joined: 07/02/2013
  • Location:alberta
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Glad I bought some 2013 x forged!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3981

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

View Postsandy, on 31 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Lucky they have the Apex MB and XForged because these are just plain Hideous..make the Epic Pro’s look almost classic/

100% agreedx MBs and Xforged are beautiful.  I had a feeling these were going to look like Walmart specials...

2

#33 JDSPGA

JDSPGA

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88141
  • Joined: 07/11/2009
  • Location:St. Louis,MO
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform!  Iíll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.

Edited by JDSPGA, 31 December 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Helium Proto 4F5
Callaway Rogue 3W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 5W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 4 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-PW - Recoil 80
Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58 - Recoil 95
Odyssey EXO #7
Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

Posted Image                         Posted Image

3

#34 eighteenpars

eighteenpars

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302045
  • Joined: 03/16/2014
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Lets see how strongly lofted these things are. If they come out with another set of irons that has a 39* PW I am boycotting them altogether. Its an 8 iron.
917 D3 DWB 70x
917 f2 15 Whiteboard 80x
718 TMB 3 Iron TI X100
718 AP3 4-P nDG TI X100 2^ +3/4
Sm6 52 56 60
CT California Monterey 34 Heavy

4

#35 JDSPGA

JDSPGA

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88141
  • Joined: 07/11/2009
  • Location:St. Louis,MO
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

View Posteighteenpars, on 31 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Lets see how strongly lofted these things are. If they come out with another set of irons that has a 39* PW I am boycotting them altogether. Its an 8 iron.

Measured the fitting cart head at 31 degrees. 7 iron.

Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Helium Proto 4F5
Callaway Rogue 3W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 5W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 4 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-PW - Recoil 80
Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58 - Recoil 95
Odyssey EXO #7
Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

Posted Image                         Posted Image

5

#36 Jungleland

Jungleland

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445486
  • Joined: 11/02/2016
  • Location:Tampa, FL
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Regular Rogue appears to be a major step backwards from the Steelhead from a cosmetic standpoint.



6

#37 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Digging  themselves a big hole....

View PostJDSPGA, on 31 December 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

View Posteighteenpars, on 31 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Lets see how strongly lofted these things are. If they come out with another set of irons that has a 39* PW I am boycotting them altogether. Its an 8 iron.

Measured the fitting cart head at 31 degrees. 7 iron.
But theyíre longerrrr.....

7

#38 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

Rogue Pro looks like afterbirth of  the Apex line and Rogue an inbred version of the c300 and AP1. No thanks.

8

#39 JDSPGA

JDSPGA

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88141
  • Joined: 07/11/2009
  • Location:St. Louis,MO
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

I should clarify, the rogue pro 7 iron was 31 degrees. Those of you disgusted by strong lofted irons should just pretend the Rogue X doesnít exist.

These were influenced by the Japanese market where some golfers literally donít care about shooting good scores, or holding a green with sufficient spin. They just want to hit their irons as far as possible. That is Rogue X.


Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Helium Proto 4F5
Callaway Rogue 3W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 5W - Elements Gold 6F4
Callaway Rogue 4 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-PW - Recoil 80
Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58 - Recoil 95
Odyssey EXO #7
Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

Posted Image                         Posted Image

9

#40 RAT

RAT

    RAT

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206717
  • Joined: 10/11/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

View Postboggyman, on 31 December 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

This will get EPIC quickly ����������������....

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 27 December 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostDscvrr St Louis, on 27 December 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Or maybe they won't be super ugly...never know..

All of Callys GI style clubs have been ugly with goofy looking badging.  That's my opinion of course.

Let's see if these will follow the same path..
With the $1300 price tag in tow to boot......
This is exactly what TM did and they had to be sold . Each reaches the peak there is nowhere to go but down and repeat designs is an indicator ....


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostJDSPGA, on 31 December 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

I should clarify, the rogue pro 7 iron was 31 degrees. Those of you disgusted by strong lofted irons should just pretend the Rogue X doesnít exist.

These were influenced by the Japanese market where some golfers literally donít care about shooting good scores, or holding a green with sufficient spin. They just want to hit their irons as far as possible. That is Rogue X.
Iím with you on being disgusted with the lofts these days. Either get over it or get some players irons. Me, Iíve reverted to Copper Eye 2s that are on the way or my FG 100s.

Edited by boggyman, 31 December 2017 - 04:31 PM.


11

#42 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostJDSPGA, on 31 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform!  Iíll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.
You a Callway staffer  are ya??

12

#43 RAT

RAT

    RAT

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206717
  • Joined: 10/11/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

View Postboggyman, on 31 December 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostJDSPGA, on 31 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform!  I'll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.
You a Callway staffer  are ya??
New Club cheaper price Callaway "Strata" Walmart

13

#44 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostRAT, on 31 December 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

View Postboggyman, on 31 December 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostJDSPGA, on 31 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform!  I'll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.
You a Callway staffer  are ya??
New Club cheaper price Callaway "Strata" Walmart
😂😂😂😂

14

#45 Z4Par

Z4Par

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445568
  • Joined: 11/03/2016
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

I love Callaway and I was debating waiting for the Rogue irons to be released before purchasing the AP3's.  Ended up going with AP3's because I hit them well and didn't want to wait it out.  Really glad I made this choice at this point.  I've played Callaway irons for several years now.  Might have to wait to look in person but I am not impressed with the photos of the Rogue irons at this point.

Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
Titleist AVX

15

#46 Orange Hog

Orange Hog

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340099
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:NW Arkansas
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Rogue Pro looks like a design rip of the Titleist AP3.  Hard pass.
Driver: Ping G400 SFT | 10 degrees | Fujikura Pro 63 TS
3 Wood: Bridgestone J15F | 13.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 63 TS
5 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler | 17.5 degrees | PX HZRDUS Black 75 6.0
Irons: Ping i200 | 4-PW | AWT 2.0 Stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM6 50* F Grind | 54* M Grind | Vokey 58* TVD K Grind
Putter: Edel E-3 Custom Black

16

#47 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 2782

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Looking at the photos on the WRX article the badge insert on the Rogue Pro looks awful with inconsistent gap spacing around the bottom.  Like it was haphazardly placed in there.  Looks cheap IMO in that photo at least.
Ping G400 - Tour 65 - S
Ping G400 14.5* - Tour 75 - S
B-Stone TourB XD-H 21/24 - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80
W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
W/S PMP Raw  52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platium 35"

17

#48 USGA22

USGA22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135509
  • Joined: 08/07/2011
  • Location:Delaware
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.

18

#49 chadillac65

chadillac65

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43755
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostUSGA22, on 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.
Driver: Taylormade M3 9.5* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 70 TX tipped .5 inches 45.5 inches 3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Mitsubishi Tensei White 90 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5 Wedge: Taylormade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 Taylormade High Toe 60* / DG S400 Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches

19

#50 USGA22

USGA22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135509
  • Joined: 08/07/2011
  • Location:Delaware
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

View Postchadillac65, on 01 January 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostUSGA22, on 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.

Thanks. I see you have the 790's with the LZ shaft. How is that head shaft combination? I was between the LZ and C taper Lite when I order the 790's.

Thanks


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 chadillac65

chadillac65

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43755
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

[quote name='USGA22' timestamp='1514838782' post='16622930']
[quote name='chadillac65' timestamp='1514838404' post='16622908']
[quote name='USGA22' timestamp='1514834744' post='16622640']
I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
[/quote]
Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.
[/quote]

Thanks. I see you have the 790's with the LZ shaft. How is that head shaft combination? I was between the LZ and C taper Lite when I order the 790's.

Thanks
[/quote]
To be honest everyone is different. I have seen so many fittings with the P790 Head. Shaft dials it all in! Go pay the $150 to get fit donít guess

[quote name='USGA22' timestamp='1514838782' post='16622930']
[quote name='chadillac65' timestamp='1514838404' post='16622908']
[quote name='USGA22' timestamp='1514834744' post='16622640']
I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
[/quote]
Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.
[/quote]

Thanks. I see you have the 790's with the LZ shaft. How is that head shaft combination? I was between the LZ and C taper Lite when I order the 790's.

Thanks
[/quote]
To be honest everyone is different. I have seen so many fittings with the P790 Head. Shaft dials it all in! Go pay the $150 to get fit donít guess
Driver: Taylormade M3 9.5* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 70 TX tipped .5 inches 45.5 inches 3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Mitsubishi Tensei White 90 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5 Wedge: Taylormade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 Taylormade High Toe 60* / DG S400 Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches

21

#52 DatSliceDoe

DatSliceDoe

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 324051
  • Joined: 06/30/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 667

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Yuck

22

#53 Farrow

Farrow

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153549
  • Joined: 01/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 260

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

View Postchadillac65, on 01 January 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostUSGA22, on 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to  compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.

Did you go through the whole fitting process on the Rogue to make sure you had the optimum shaft and setup like with your P790ís? Or was the Rogue just stock vs your fitted 790ís?

23

#54 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1577

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

I’ll hold judgement until I see them in person.
TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G25 5-U
Cleveland RTX 54*
TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
Seemore si5
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

24

#55 wldchld22

wldchld22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19126
  • Joined: 09/08/2006
  • Ebay ID:hayabusax13 - bushwoodproshop
GolfWRX Likes : 1078

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic
Epic *
Epic Pro
Apex
Apex Pro
Steelhead
Steelhead Pro
GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?


25

#56 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 476

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

View Postchadillac65, on 27 December 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Who is ready for pics?? The pro has high ball speeds. Just not as high as the TM P790.

Yuk those are ugly

26

#57 SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40485
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2041

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

View Postmtnbiker5, on 31 December 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

More reason to buy pxg
Seriously? 🙄

27

#58 DTown3011

DTown3011

    #DTown3011

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59636
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 1319

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Postwldchld22, on 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic
Epic *
Epic Pro
Apex
Apex Pro
Steelhead
Steelhead Pro
GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?

These are NOT replacing Apex.  There supposedly is Anna Apex replacement coming next year.  Think these replace Steelhead Xr and Xr Pro.
Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis

28

#59 tbone18

tbone18

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93319
  • Joined: 08/30/2009
  • Location:COLUMBUS, OHIO
  • Handicap:0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

View PostDTown3011, on 01 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

View Postwldchld22, on 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic
Epic *
Epic Pro
Apex
Apex Pro
Steelhead
Steelhead Pro
GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?

These are NOT replacing Apex.  There supposedly is Anna Apex replacement coming next year.  Think these replace Steelhead Xr and Xr Pro.
I would guess these will replace Epic, Epic Pro, and GGB OS. Steelhead XR is still a steady seller for Callaway.
PING G400 MAX 9 / ALDILA RIP ALPHA 70 X-FLEX / TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70 TX
PING G400 3W 14.5 / ALDILA RIP BETA 70 X-FLEX
PXG 0317 HYBRID 19,22 / NV2K15 BLUE 90 X-FLEX
PXG GEN 1 0311T 5-PW / STEELFIBER 110CW STIFF
TITLEIST VOKEY SM7 TOUR CHROME 50,54,58
PXG MUSTANG BLACK

29

#60 ncglfr

ncglfr

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151739
  • Joined: 12/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

View Posttbone18, on 01 January 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostDTown3011, on 01 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

View Postwldchld22, on 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic
Epic *
Epic Pro
Apex
Apex Pro
Steelhead
Steelhead Pro
GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?

These are NOT replacing Apex.  There supposedly is Anna Apex replacement coming next year.  Think these replace Steelhead Xr and Xr Pro.
I would guess these will replace Epic, Epic Pro, and GGB OS. Steelhead XR is still a steady seller for Callaway.

These replace the Steelhead line.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors