Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ball Comparison-Battle of the $30 Urethane balls!


77 replies to this topic

#31 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

There are also lots of great deals on 4 and 5 piece balls. No need to limit to just 3 piece. I stocked up on last years Taylor Made Tour Preferred Xs at $22 a dozen with free shipping. On Taylor Made site.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 trapsmv15

trapsmv15

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46685
  • Joined: 01/22/2008
  • Location:Northeast NY
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

View Postcristphoto, on 04 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

There are also lots of great deals on 4 and 5 piece balls. No need to limit to just 3 piece. I stocked up on last years Taylor Made Tour Preferred X’s at $22 a dozen with free shipping. On Taylor Made site.
Agreed.

To all: Maxfli U/Fli Soft is a 4 pc btw. Great balls all around this price point nowadays
TaylorMade JetSpeed 9.5*
TaylorMade JetSpeed 15*
TaylorMade JetSpeed 3H-4H
TaylorMade SpeedBlade 5-LW
TaylorMade Classic 79 TM-210
Maxfli Softfli (Matte Green)

2

#33 BeerPerHole

BeerPerHole

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459940
  • Joined: 03/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 421

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

If limited to those 3 I'm voting for the Project a. That ball is butter around the greens and, for me at least, extremely long off the driver. I'm just a weekend shlub and have crushed several drives with that ball out around the 320-330 range - the only ball I've hit over 290. It goes like a mo-fo.
Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
20-year old Mizuno 5 Wood
Balls: Snell (any model), Srixon Q Star Tour and Z Star

3

#34 Majeebus

Majeebus

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483134
  • Joined: 09/29/2017
  • Location:Mechanicsburg PA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

I can say the Srixon was definitely not a good ball for me.  I don't know why (maybe my 105 mph swing speed) but the ball just reacted so strangely off of my Driver.  Any sidespin was greatly amplified.  Having played the Project A the most I can say that it can def get a good deal of sidespin as well, but it was really long.  The Volvik seemed to have the least side spin off the driver, and flew true to my iron distances even in very cold weather.

I would say the Project A is longest on the perfect hit.  The one crazy thing I noticed about the Project A was that I could hit that ball up to 140 yards with my 52 degree wedge!!!!!  Once I found that out it definitely helped me with birdies!  With a pro v my 52 degree is only a 120 yard club!

I bought 12 volvik vibes offline to get a better feel for them, but haven't be able to get out at all with the weather.....

4

#35 Fairwindsgolfer

Fairwindsgolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459000
  • Joined: 03/14/2017
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 28 December 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

View Posttheedge27, on 28 December 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 28 December 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

View PostMajeebus, on 27 December 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Volvik Vibe

Not urethane.

Vibe is. Are you thinking of Vivid?

Damn, I always get those backwards. Too many Vs!

So Vivid is the $30 Surlyn and Vibe is the $36 Urethane. Maybe Ill remember next time.

I've been playing golf for 26 years and have never heard of vivid golf balls.
I thought Vivid was a company that produces naughty movies


5

#36 RainShadow

RainShadow

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85204
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
  • Location:Tucson AZ (for now)
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 454

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

I tried the Srixon QST and didn't care for it myself. But all of the Srixons feel "heavy" or "dense" to me, even the Zstar. And the XV feels like crap.
Might try to find some early edition Wilson FG Tours at around $30.

Edited by RainShadow, 06 January 2018 - 12:13 PM.

GBB Epic 10.5 (11.5) Fuji Pro 62   Back to the speeder 661
XHot 15* and 19*
Apex Hybrid  23 & 26 Kuro Kage stiff
Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105 stiff
MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and 58 X grinds
Bettinardi BB1/ 2016 Bettinardi Tiki / MXM Versa #1
Chrome Soft/ KSig/ FG Tour

6

#37 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

View PostRainShadow, on 06 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I tried the Srixon QST and didn't care for it myself. But all of the Srixons feel "heavy" or "dense" to me, even the Zstar. And the XV feels like crap.
Might try to find some early edition Wilson FG Tours at around $30.
Have you tried the 2017 XV?  It's not as firm and does everything exceptionally well.
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

7

#38 ldchristopher

ldchristopher

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431090
  • Joined: 06/30/2016
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:2.5
  • Ebay ID:louchratis
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

If we're eliminating balls purchased online because of shipping charges, my top three go 1) ProV1 Practice; 2) Srixon Q Star Tour; 3) Taylormade Project A. The only difference between Practice Pro Vs and regular ones is the stamp on the side and $10-$18 less per dozen depending on time of year. Also, all three balls have really durable urethane covers. I can't say that about Snell, Vice, or Volvik.
Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5 w/ Aldila Rogue Max 65 stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15 w/ Kuro Kage XM TiNi 70 extra stiff
5 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 18˚ w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 80 extra stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 816H 21˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85 stiff
4 iron: Mizuno MP-54 w/ KBS Tour 120 Black Nickel
5 - 7 iron: Mizuno MP-5 w/ KBS Tour 120 Black Nickel
8 iron PW: Mizuno MP-4 w/ KBS Tour 120 Black Nickel
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Cold Forged 52/8 58/10
Putter: LaJosi Sensor 303SS w/ oil can finish
Back-up Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

8

#39 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 622

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Of the three the OP listed, I have only played one of them, the Q star tour. I was very disappointed in the golf ball in that on off-center hits the ball really suffer distance issues. Most handicap golfers don't hit the ball flush on the center, and when I hit the Q star tour off center I noticed much more distance issues than other golf balls. I was really fond of this ball to begin with until I noticed the distance issues that resulted from it.

9

#40 Majeebus

Majeebus

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483134
  • Joined: 09/29/2017
  • Location:Mechanicsburg PA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

View Posthybrid25, on 09 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Of the three the OP listed, I have only played one of them, the Q star tour. I was very disappointed in the golf ball in that on off-center hits the ball really suffer distance issues. Most handicap golfers don't hit the ball flush on the center, and when I hit the Q star tour off center I noticed much more distance issues than other golf balls. I was really fond of this ball to begin with until I noticed the distance issues that resulted from it.

I'm right with you on this!!!! So true!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 dingusflingers

dingusflingers

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430852
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
  • Location:North USA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

So many good options in this price range.  I've hit the three listed, never had a problem with any of them.  Vibe performed similar for me to a Chromesoft.  Project (a)'s were fairly nondescript other than the seam running around it.  Spin was good, felt soft.  QST was a ball that felt so good on the putting green I refused to believe it was a sub $30 ball.

Snell MTB, Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U, Top Flite Gamer Tours, Vice Pro, also good balls for the money.  Lots of good value around $30 just have to pick what works best for your preferences.
Titleist 915D 8.5
Titleist 913F 15
Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
Vokey SM6 56
Wilson Staff PMP 60
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
Volvik S3

11

#42 mjforn

mjforn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Joined: 11/19/2017
  • Location:Chicago Area
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostMajeebus, on 09 January 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

View Posthybrid25, on 09 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Of the three the OP listed, I have only played one of them, the Q star tour. I was very disappointed in the golf ball in that on off-center hits the ball really suffer distance issues. Most handicap golfers don't hit the ball flush on the center, and when I hit the Q star tour off center I noticed much more distance issues than other golf balls. I was really fond of this ball to begin with until I noticed the distance issues that resulted from it.

I'm right with you on this!!!! So true!

I also agree, Qstar was short and lots of side spin, when I tested it a few years back.

.
Matt

Callaway GBB 9.5
Callaway 3w
Callaway Rx OS 4-AW
Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

12

#43 huskerguy18

huskerguy18

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455700
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Handicap:28
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

View Postdingusflingers, on 11 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

So many good options in this price range.  I've hit the three listed, never had a problem with any of them.  Vibe performed similar for me to a Chromesoft.  Project (a)'s were fairly nondescript other than the seam running around it.  Spin was good, felt soft.  QST was a ball that felt so good on the putting green I refused to believe it was a sub $30 ball.

Snell MTB, Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U, Top Flite Gamer Tours, Vice Pro, also good balls for the money.  Lots of good value around $30 just have to pick what works best for your preferences.
Gamer Tours are 2 for $30 right now. Hard to beat that

13

#44 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

View Postmjforn, on 12 January 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostMajeebus, on 09 January 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

View Posthybrid25, on 09 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Of the three the OP listed, I have only played one of them, the Q star tour. I was very disappointed in the golf ball in that on off-center hits the ball really suffer distance issues. Most handicap golfers don't hit the ball flush on the center, and when I hit the Q star tour off center I noticed much more distance issues than other golf balls. I was really fond of this ball to begin with until I noticed the distance issues that resulted from it.

I'm right with you on this!!!! So true!

I also agree, Qstar was short and lots of side spin, when I tested it a few years back.

.
that wasn’t a urethane ball.  Only the Q-Star TOUR is urethane and only been out about 1 year
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

14

#45 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Joined: 02/13/2016
  • Location:New Orleans
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:09 AM

Just saw on another thread that Gamer Tour is 2doz for $30 today.

Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @10.25*
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
Cleveland Smart Square Blade

15

#46 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 622

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostBreak81, on 12 January 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

View Postmjforn, on 12 January 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostMajeebus, on 09 January 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

View Posthybrid25, on 09 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Of the three the OP listed, I have only played one of them, the Q star tour. I was very disappointed in the golf ball in that on off-center hits the ball really suffer distance issues. Most handicap golfers don't hit the ball flush on the center, and when I hit the Q star tour off center I noticed much more distance issues than other golf balls. I was really fond of this ball to begin with until I noticed the distance issues that resulted from it.

I'm right with you on this!!!! So true!

I also agree, Qstar was short and lots of side spin, when I tested it a few years back.

.
that wasnt a urethane ball.  Only the Q-Star TOUR is urethane and only been out about 1 year
I know people who play the Q star and really liked it. I also know people who play the Q star tour and say the same thing that I say about off-center hits and the distance issue when hitting the ball that way. It seems logical that every ball would suffer a little distance problem when you hit it off center but with today's clubs I'm Amazed how far the ball flies on off-center hits with my driver. Just the same, the Q star tour suffers more then average in my opinion.

16

#47 Halebopp

Halebopp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184750
  • Joined: 06/06/2012
  • Location:Tampere, Finland
GolfWRX Likes : 1278

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostJustsomeguy, on 27 December 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

Ufli Soft from Maxfli is considerably better than any of those 3 in my opinion, and is prob $25 per doz.
Slightly cheaper and also better than those 3 is Gamer Tour.
Cheap balls from cheap company. Try it to believe it.

I found some urethane-covered, 3-piece Maxfli on a course last summer and I have to say it was fantastic before I lost it. Of the three mentioned, I'd go with Q-Star Tour, though.
D: Mizuno MP-650, 9.5º, Orochi Red Stiff
4W: Titleist 917 F2, 16.5º, Speeder Pro 84 TS Stiff
3 Iron: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour Stiff
4-PW: Mizuno MP-4, KBS Tour Stiff
Mizuno MP-T5 50.07, DG Wedge
W/S FG Tour PMP: 55.12, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S FG Tour PMP: 59.10, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
WITB Link

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

17

#48 john_g

john_g

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414100
  • Joined: 03/02/2016
  • Location:British Columbia
  • Handicap:6.0
  • Ebay ID:john_g1950
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

I've tried the QST, both iterations of the Chrome Soft, the Project A, and the so-far unmentioned Wilson Duo U.  I have a slight preference for both of the Chrome Softs, although I get good performance out of any of them (SS = 95).

18

#49 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Joined: 02/13/2016
  • Location:New Orleans
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Postjohn_g, on 15 January 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I've tried the QST, both iterations of the Chrome Soft, the Project A, and the so-far unmentioned Wilson Duo U.  I have a slight preference for both of the Chrome Softs, although I get good performance out of any of them (SS = 95).
Duo-u a fantastic ball, but unless there's a sale, sub $30 is unlikely...
Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @10.25*
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
Cleveland Smart Square Blade

19

#50 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

View PostJustsomeguy, on 17 January 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

View Postjohn_g, on 15 January 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I've tried the QST, both iterations of the Chrome Soft, the Project A, and the so-far unmentioned Wilson Duo U.  I have a slight preference for both of the Chrome Softs, although I get good performance out of any of them (SS = 95).
Duo-u a fantastic ball, but unless there's a sale, sub $30 is unlikely...
my local GG has them for $28 In store.  Looks like a liquidation price

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6144

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

In the past when I've seen "previous generation" ProV1's retailed for less than $39.99 they've always been much older than the immediately prior generation. Those might be 2013 or even earlier ProV1's at those prices.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

21

#52 cplax25

cplax25

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89949
  • Joined: 07/28/2009
  • Location:CA, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

QStar Tour! My favorite ball in a while. I actually prefer feel over the Cally Chrome Soft and cannot beat the pricing.
Callaway GBB Tensei Blue 60TX
RBZ Stage 2 3HL Diamana S+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 20 Diamana S+ 80
Callaway Apex CF16 KBS Tour 120
Callaway MD3 54, 58 KBS Wedge
Odyssey Works #7 Tank

22

#53 leopoldstotch

leopoldstotch

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482290
  • Joined: 09/19/2017
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Handicap:21
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

View PostMiddler, on 28 December 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Another vote for Snell MTB, I switched despite playing almost nothing but Titleist balls for 52 years. However, the MTB is being discontinued and Snell is rolling out two new balls at or before the PGA show. I expect I'll still be playing Snell next year.

52 years eh? that's quite the commitment to a ball :shok:
Taylormade M2 Driver (2016)
Callaway XR16 3 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
Srixon H45 4 Hybrid

Srixon Z565 5-AW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 56/60
Odyssey Works Versa #9

23

#54 Majeebus

Majeebus

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483134
  • Joined: 09/29/2017
  • Location:Mechanicsburg PA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

Well...I can safely say for now......The Volvik Vibe is definitely the ball for me!  The two rounds I have played with these balls my scrambling percentages are through the roof!  I almost had a hole in one last week on a 200 yard par 3!  Hit a 5 iron that landed about 10 feet in front of hole and rolled directly at the hole until gently veering away to about a foot from the hole for a tap in 2!  The first round I played with these I had a chip in birdie from 40 yards!!!

Here is a link to my game golf:  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/MattM

Last two rounds 43% scrambling and 36% scrambling.  For scrambling purposes though......The 36% scrambling was hurt because of the chip in or else it would have been in the 40% range.  That said, I've never had to consistent rounds with 35% or higher scrambling percentages!

24

#55 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

View PostMajeebus, on 23 January 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well...I can safely say for now......The Volvik Vibe is definitely the ball for me!  The two rounds I have played with these balls my scrambling percentages are through the roof!  I almost had a hole in one last week on a 200 yard par 3!  Hit a 5 iron that landed about 10 feet in front of hole and rolled directly at the hole until gently veering away to about a foot from the hole for a tap in 2!  The first round I played with these I had a chip in birdie from 40 yards!!!

Here is a link to my game golf:  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/MattM

Last two rounds 43% scrambling and 36% scrambling.  For scrambling purposes though......The 36% scrambling was hurt because of the chip in or else it would have been in the 40% range.  That said, I've never had to consistent rounds with 35% or higher scrambling percentages!
  Is the Vibe under $30?  I see them everywhere for $35 and would probably try them if they were a little cheaper

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

25

#56 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Joined: 02/13/2016
  • Location:New Orleans
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Why so many balls listed here that just aren't sub-$30? Duo-U and Vibe - where are u guys finding them at such a discount?
Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @10.25*
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
Cleveland Smart Square Blade

26

#57 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostJustsomeguy, on 23 January 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Why so many balls listed here that just aren't sub-$30? Duo-U and Vibe - where are u guys finding them at such a discount?
Duo-U at GG is $28 I’m store
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

27

#58 Majeebus

Majeebus

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483134
  • Joined: 09/29/2017
  • Location:Mechanicsburg PA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Huh?  I never said it had to be under $30.  I said $30, or I figured everyone would read that as in the $30 range.  I bought a dozen off Amazon for $32.  In my opinion that certainly qualifies....

28

#59 twjames72

twjames72

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 454070
  • Joined: 02/04/2017
  • Location:Westlake Village, CA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

Why does anyone play anything other than a tour ball?

29

#60 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6144

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Talking about price of golf balls always seems to turn into an exercises in one-upmanship. Do you mean balls that have a normal MAP of under $30? Or ones routinely discounted to under $30? Or ones that show up in quantities of a few hundred dozen on eBay for $30 then are gone a month later?

Someone can always find a one-off deal that almost arbitrarily cheap.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors