Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TaylorMade M3 and M4 drivers, fairways and rescues


300 replies to this topic

#271 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
  • Joined: 09/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1413

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

TM vs Cobra with what others said have similar faces but why will TM sell A LOT more drivers?  "Twist Face" plus the BMW M look plus DJ and TM Staff.  Their marketing department is the best in the biz.  It's like the Frappachino at Starbucks.  How many more does it sell because it's a Frappachino and not iced coffee.   The M3 and M4 would be meh if it was just another new model without anything new but "twist face" adds a whole new twist (pun intended).  :D

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Fuji Pro 63 Tour Spec Stiff
Titleist 915F 16.5 Diamana 70x5ct Stiff
Titleist 915F 21 Diamana 70x5ct Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW DGS 300
Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56, 60
Titleist  Scotty Cameron GOLO 3 34

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#272 elvis31e

elvis31e

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340377
  • Joined: 09/18/2014
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostSM1098, on 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostGtyler14, on 08 January 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

How many of you guys are going to go with the m3/m4 over the 16/17 m1/m2 you guys own? I've failed with TM drivers since they have been upright for me compared to my flex but found a tour issue 16 m1 430 with a flatter lie I might give a shot again. TM drivers have always peaked my interest and the new twist face has got the interest peaked anymore and how many of you are going with the opposite that you currently play like m2 going to m3.

Leaning towards giving the M4 a go, the 2016 M2 has been in the bag since it came out... 2017 M2 didn't give me the right feedbak.

I'm in the same boat, really like my 2016 M2 and didn't get better numbers from the 2017. I can't wait to hit the M4...

2

#273 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.
M1 440 9.5 Diamana W60S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HY S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone B330S (2014)

3

#274 swoosh21

swoosh21

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 368593
  • Joined: 03/29/2015
  • Location:Frisco, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.

:stink:
TM M2 10.5 Driver 2017
TM M2 Tour 3w
TM M2 Hybrid
TM 770 4-PW
Nike 52DS, 56TS, 60TS
Nike Method Origin Rory Limited Edition

4

#275 Hifade

Hifade

    Boots are made for walkin'

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26
  • Joined: 04/07/2005
  • Location:O to the HI O
  • Handicap:+3
  • Ebay ID:usopenqualifier
GolfWRX Likes : 737

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.

If this is true, what a ridiculous decision by the executive team. IMHO, it actually shows indecision, on their part, and lack of belief in their own innovation and claims to industry leadership when setting the original price.

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SZ 9* - TT HZRDUS T800 55S
CALLAWAY GBB EPIC 15* - TT HZRDUS T800 65S
TITLEIST 18* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
CALLAWAY 4-W '18 X-FORGED Modus3 105x SSx1
CALLAWAY Custom Red MD Forged 53* & MD Forged 58* - Modus3 125 Wedge
SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
TAYLORMADE RED TOUR SPIDER - custom
BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's and '17 Titleist ProV1's #1's
UNDER ARMOUR / FJ - Apparel
UNDER ARMOUR 2016 Drive One Shoes (white/grey, white/blue and all black)

5

#276 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

View PostHifade, on 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.

If this is true, what a ridiculous decision by the executive team. IMHO, it actually shows indecision, on their part, and lack of belief in their own innovation and claims to industry leadership when setting the original price.

It's 100% true that's the price on the website as of this morning.
M1 440 9.5 Diamana W60S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Pro Hybrid 18 Matrix Altus HY S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
TourStage X-Blade 707's 5-PW Modus 120S
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Studio M2 34"
Bridgestone B330S (2014)

6

#277 jokerusn

jokerusn

    nice shoes

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,938 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Joined: 04/30/2005
  • Location:Northern NJ
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 698

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

View PostHifade, on 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.

If this is true, what a ridiculous decision by the executive team. IMHO, it actually shows indecision, on their part, and lack of belief in their own innovation and claims to industry leadership when setting the original price.

It's 100% true that's the price on the website as of this morning.

I'm pretty sure it was that much when they were initially on the website.  I remember it being more than the M2 was.
(¬¬)

M1460 HZRDUS
F7/F6Baffler Tour Blue
R15 8.8TS
UDI PX HB6
J40/TP /DG/
Kingston GSS KP1 / SeeMore Mini-Giant DF

WITB Link

7

#278 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

View Postjokerusn, on 10 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

View PostHifade, on 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postignitewvu, on 10 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

TM just raised the Price of the M4 to $430 after DJ's near Albatross.

If this is true, what a ridiculous decision by the executive team. IMHO, it actually shows indecision, on their part, and lack of belief in their own innovation and claims to industry leadership when setting the original price.

It's 100% true that's the price on the website as of this morning.

I'm pretty sure it was that much when they were initially on the website.  I remember it being more than the M2 was.

+1......499/429 msrp

8

#279 elvis31e

elvis31e

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340377
  • Joined: 09/18/2014
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

It has been $429 since they released the info...

9

#280 AUDuffer

AUDuffer

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1609
  • Joined: 06/13/2005
  • Location:NorTex
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 586

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

I looked but I couldn't find it on here specifically regarding both new/old drivers:  does the M1/M2 sleeve fit the M3/M4 drivers and M3 fairway wood?

10.5 Callaway GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi White 65S
15 Callaway GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi White 75S
21 Callaway GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi White Hybrid 95S
4-P Callaway Apex Black Oban CT115 S-
50/54/58 Callaway MD3 Oban CT115 S-
Odyssey Works 7s Black or Toulon Garage San Diego

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#281 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 563

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostAUDuffer, on 10 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I looked but I couldn't find it on here specifically regarding both new/old drivers:  does the M1/M2 sleeve fit the M3/M4 drivers and M3 fairway wood?

Yes, they fit.
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

11

#282 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
  • Joined: 03/20/2016
  • Location:Ham Lake, MN
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

View Postonafriday, on 06 January 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostUSGA22, on 06 January 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'm curious if someone can explain what "watered down" is? is it TM request Mitsubishi to make a cheaper version of the retail shaft? or does TM ask Mitsubishi to make a version of the shaft more appropriate for the general golfing public?

I have read about this for a while, and frankly I'm confused. Like when TM requested KBS make a 105 gram version of the C taper lite shaft for the PSI iron; was that dramatically different than what was offered at retail by KBS?

I would assume they are targeting the greater number of golfers who would benefit from a more playable shaft, I don't know.

I think this sums it up pretty well (offered without comment):

https://mygolfspy.co...-a-closer-look/

That was a good read.  Kind of confirmed what we all thought anyway with even a few surprises.
My Current Bag.

Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5* - Blueboard S+ 60X
Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 14* (3 wood) - Aldila NV 75S
Taylormade 2017 M1 5 wood - Blueboard S+ 70S
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Whiteboard D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M2 2017 Irons, True Temper Black Gold shafts - 5-PW
Cleveland CBX 50*
Cleveland CBX 56*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Taylormade Spider Black Tour Putter (Labworx Custom) - Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0

12

#283 JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484568
  • Joined: 10/17/2017
  • Location:Leamington Ontario
  • Handicap:6.6
  • Ebay ID:josephmoavro
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Love my M2, but I'm excited to get into an M3 driver and 3 wood this year. I figured the M2 would be better so I couldn't tinker. Now I really feel like tinkering with each to get exactly what I want out of each club.
Driver: ???
3 Wood: ???
PXG 19° 0311X Tour Ad 95g
***IRONS UNDECIDED***
Wedges: ???
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Monterey
Pro V1 X

13

#284 tj__07

tj__07

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400158
  • Joined: 10/20/2015
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=k3xYP-nlM9E
TaylorMade M2 2016 9.5* Fujikura 60g stiff / Nike Vapor Fly Fubuki 50 X-stiff / Nike Vapor Pro Diamana Blue 60 Stiff
Mizuno MP-H5 3i Orochi Tour Spec 90 / Nike Vapor Pro 3w Diamana Blue
Nike Vapor Pro 5w Diamana Blue
Nike Vapor Pro 4h Diamana Blue
Mizuno MP5 NS Pro Modus Tour 105 Stiff / Nike Vapor Pro Combo KBS Tour Regular 5-7
Mizuno MP5 NS Pro 1150 Stiff / Nike Vapor Pro Combo KBS Tour Regular 8-PW
Titelist Vokey SM6 50* wedge TT Dynamic Gold
Titelist Vokey SM6 56* wedge TT Dynamic Gold
Nike Toe Sweep 60* wedge KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Futura 5s / GoLo5s CS with Red Mid-size Matador Pistol grip
Nike RZN Platinum Tour Balls (until they run out)

14

#285 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1028

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Anybody know what shaft Alex Etches used in his M3 and M4 testing? If you look at the M4 review, his spin was monstrously high...I think he commented it was only an S flex, so that will def. do it.

Does anybody know what shaft and flex he used to test SZ?? I ask because I Went back and looked at his 'SZ vs M1 test' and he was carrying SZ 330 yards, vs barely 300 with M4. I know M4 isn't a low spin head, but... that's a huge difference. I would assume he was in an X flex for the SZ, but if not, that isn't something that should be over looked.

Edited by Z1ggy16, 12 January 2018 - 02:49 PM.

WITB
Driver:  Posted Image16' M2 | Tensei Blue 60
3W:   Posted Image F8 Black | 2KXV Blue 70   
3Hy: Posted Image JPX-850 | Tensei Blue 80
4Hy:   Posted Image Titleist 816H1 | Altus Tour 95
5-P:   Posted Image P790 | Modus3 120
Gap:  Posted Image SM6 50* | Modus3 115 Wedge
Sand: Posted Image SM6 54* | Modus3 115 Wedge
Lob:   Posted Image SM6 58* | Modus3 115 Wedge
Putter: Posted Image White Ice 2-Ball
Ball:   Posted Image  ProV1 or  Posted Image TP5
Bags:  Posted Image 2Five/Sync

Shoe:  Posted Image Go Golf Elite 2 or Nike Lunar Control Vaporstorm

  

15

#286 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Alex used the stock Atmos shaft

16

#287 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

So M4 has slightly deeper face?

17

#288 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

Yes, M4 is deeper faced.

18

#289 Ray Jackson

Ray Jackson

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69784
  • Joined: 11/25/2008
  • Location:Bay Area
  • Handicap:0.5
  • Ebay ID:3471ray
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 10 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postonafriday, on 06 January 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostUSGA22, on 06 January 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'm curious if someone can explain what "watered down" is? is it TM request Mitsubishi to make a cheaper version of the retail shaft? or does TM ask Mitsubishi to make a version of the shaft more appropriate for the general golfing public?

I have read about this for a while, and frankly I'm confused. Like when TM requested KBS make a 105 gram version of the C taper lite shaft for the PSI iron; was that dramatically different than what was offered at retail by KBS?

I would assume they are targeting the greater number of golfers who would benefit from a more playable shaft, I don't know.

I think this sums it up pretty well (offered without comment):

https://mygolfspy.co...-a-closer-look/

That was a good read.  Kind of confirmed what we all thought anyway with even a few surprises.

Was good to read that Mitsubishi Chemical has a good reputation for producing decent shafts for the big companies as i'm looking at the M3 with the stock shaft.

19

#290 tbrumbeloe13

tbrumbeloe13

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323529
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostRay Jackson, on 12 January 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 10 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postonafriday, on 06 January 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostUSGA22, on 06 January 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'm curious if someone can explain what "watered down" is? is it TM request Mitsubishi to make a cheaper version of the retail shaft? or does TM ask Mitsubishi to make a version of the shaft more appropriate for the general golfing public?

I have read about this for a while, and frankly I'm confused. Like when TM requested KBS make a 105 gram version of the C taper lite shaft for the PSI iron; was that dramatically different than what was offered at retail by KBS?

I would assume they are targeting the greater number of golfers who would benefit from a more playable shaft, I don't know.

I think this sums it up pretty well (offered without comment):

https://mygolfspy.co...-a-closer-look/

That was a good read.  Kind of confirmed what we all thought anyway with even a few surprises.

Was good to read that Mitsubishi Chemical has a good reputation for producing decent shafts for the big companies as i'm looking at the M3 with the stock shaft.
I think so. Nike always used them with the Fubuki and the Diamana, and then offered the Tensei in their last year. I have a Tensei in my ‘17 M2 and really like it so far. Glad to see they’re using it for the M3.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#291 jas904

jas904

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40202
  • Joined: 10/01/2007
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Justin Rose just posted on Instagram a pic of a 8.5 460 M3 with three weights in the front and Tensei Orange. I wonder what the length is, I’m guessing 45” or less. Had all the LM data on there too.
Callaway XR16, Diamana D+
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816, Rogue I/O 70
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
Srixon Z765 4-PW, Project X LZ
Titleist SM5 50F KBS Tour, SM5 55F KBS 610, SM6 60M KBS 610
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 CS

21

#292 lspky_muskie

lspky_muskie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443386
  • Joined: 10/13/2016
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hit the whole range today at the Cincy Golf show.  They didn't have any launch monitors set up, so I don't have any idea on performance.

They're al very good looking clubs.  Pictures just don't do them justice.

22

#293 bobcat

bobcat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
  • Joined: 08/24/2005
  • Location:South Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 831

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

View Postjas904, on 13 January 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Justin Rose just posted on Instagram a pic of a 8.5 460 M3 with three weights in the front and Tensei Orange. I wonder what the length is, I’m guessing 45” or less. Had all the LM data on there too.

Can you please explain how he has (3) weights in front?  Did he add an extra weight to the clubhead?
What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM V-Steel T/S (Tour Spoon) 13* - 43.25" Fuji Vista Pro 90 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM UDI's 16* (#1), 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

23

#294 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Here it is.....



Screenshot_20180113-162449.jpg

24

#295 Stonebridge

Stonebridge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149941
  • Joined: 12/05/2011
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Tested M3 & M4. M4 straighter and longer than Epic SZ. New head is M4 7*
M4 3 wood  was better than M2 Tour  13.5*


25

#296 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostStonebridge, on 13 January 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Tested M3 & M4. M4 straighter and longer than Epic SZ. New head is M4 7*
M4 3 wood  was better than M2 Tour  13.5*

Is M3 overly spinny or too high launch?

26

#297 Stonebridge

Stonebridge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149941
  • Joined: 12/05/2011
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Sound, head shape and consistency was the reason for M4 over M3.
Surprised over distance advantage compared to Epic SZ.

27

#298 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostStonebridge, on 13 January 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Sound, head shape and consistency was the reason for M4 over M3.
Surprised over distance advantage compared to Epic SZ.

Sound more explosive,  less muted......head shape deeper faced?

28

#299 Stonebridge

Stonebridge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149941
  • Joined: 12/05/2011
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Deeper face more appealing. Sound was deeper and feel was more solid.

29

#300 Jdavenp3

Jdavenp3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83941
  • Joined: 05/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

View Posttj__07, on 12 January 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:



that dude can smash a damn driver

WITB:
*Callaway Epic Subzero 9* Fujikura Atmos Black 6s/Rogue Max battle
*Cobra F7 3wd 14.5*
*Taylormade 2014 Rescue TP 18*
*Cobra King Pro CB 4-GW, KBS FLT Matte black
*Callaway MD3 Lucky Clover 56* & 60*
*Odyssey O-Works Black #7s
*Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis ball
*Nike camo cart bag.
*Nike Lunar Control 4 Oregon Duck edition shoes

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors