Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Naples course recommendations

36 replies to this topic

#31 bvan

bvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123925
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

Vanderslam9, on 15 March 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

For public I would suggest Naples Grande, and Tiburon. Old Corkscrew is insanely hard. Best courses IMO in the area:
Calusa Pines
Naples National
Hideout
Old Collier

Agree on Calusa and Naples Nat'l, however can only play with member and try not to worry about the money$$....$250 to play and $100min for caddy. Well worth it. I rank Calusa slightly better than Nat'l of these 2.

Try also:

Tiburon Gold
Twin Eagles Talon
Fiddler's Creek
Old Corkscrew(enjoy the scenery, you will not score on this track)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 ronnbee

ronnbee

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Nothing tops Calusa

Attached Thumbnails

• EBED9800-2E90-47CF-BE4A-D8C178D475E4.jpeg

#33 myphriendmike

myphriendmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472702
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

I’m down here this week and have played Corkscrew and Raptor Bay.  I’ve played Corkscrew a couple times but it still kicks my a**.  It’d be a fun course to play regularly and not nearly as hard if you could remember all the layouts.  Raptor Bay was fun enough but not memorable or particularly worth the cost.  Almost every shot that missed the green ended up at the base of a massive drain funnel.  Had to free-drop a couple times.  

I made the mistake of not bringing my clubs and opting to rent.  Both places assured me they had good sets, but I won’t be making that mistake again.  

Last time I was down here I got on Bonita Bay East and Twin Eagles.  As you can imagine it’s worth trying for the nicer clubs.  Can’t bring myself to spend $280 on Tiburón.

#34 nellycuz

nellycuz

Pured

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 330675
  • Handicap:5.6
  • Ebay ID:nellycuz614
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

myphriendmike, on 14 April 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

I’m down here this week and have played Corkscrew and Raptor Bay.  I’ve played Corkscrew a couple times but it still kicks my a**.  It’d be a fun course to play regularly and not nearly as hard if you could remember all the layouts.  Raptor Bay was fun enough but not memorable or particularly worth the cost.  Almost every shot that missed the green ended up at the base of a massive drain funnel.  Had to free-drop a couple times.  

I made the mistake of not bringing my clubs and opting to rent.  Both places assured me they had good sets, but I won’t be making that mistake again.  

Last time I was down here I got on Bonita Bay East and Twin Eagles.  As you can imagine it’s worth trying for the nicer clubs.  Can’t bring myself to spend $280 on Tiburón.

Was Corkscrew in good condition?  Playing there next Wednesday.  I have GPS on my phone with a good layout of each hole so hopefully that will help me a little bit.
'17 M2 10.5 Rogue Black Stiff
'17 M2 16.5 HL 3W
913hd 19* Hybrid
714 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50,54,60
Scotty Cameron Newport '16

#35 myphriendmike

myphriendmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472702
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

nellycuz, on 15 April 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

myphriendmike, on 14 April 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Was Corkscrew in good condition?  Playing there next Wednesday.  I have GPS on my phone with a good layout of each hole so hopefully that will help me a little bit.

Fine condition.  They have GPS carts, which help but none of that holds up against knowing the course.  There’s so much going on out there (bunkers and hazards cutting in and out) that the maps don’t do justice and on at least one shot they screwed up my aim.  Target golf at its best.  Don’t be afraid to tee it forward.  You’ll have plenty of challenge and a little more fun.

#36 Waterball6

Waterball6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447248
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

I played Calusa over the weekend. I'm lucky cause I have a good friend who's a member so I've played it a bunch.

Anyway, they had something called extreme day earlier in the week which they setup the course as hard as possible. Greens were rock had and lightning, maybe the quickest greens I've ever played on.

It's a very special place and has an unreal locker room.

#37 BettorThanMost

BettorThanMost

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499450
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Corkscrew is the cream of the crop for public tracks down there.  Yes, its ridiculously hard.  I was a member there for a year and my handicap doubled.  But if you make peace with that going into it, you'll have a great time.  One of very few courses (that don't have a six-figure initiation fee) out there with zero houses on the course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors