Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 5 votes

New Paul Wilson video-320 yard drive


136 replies to this topic

#61 mudge

mudge

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 364901
  • Joined: 03/03/2015
  • Location:Oregon
  • Handicap:n/a
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostIMAway, on 30 December 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

He's definitely legit.  For some strange reason, lots of haters on this site.  Sad actually.

My favorite is the guy who commented something to the effect "this guy swings around 100 mph."  As if his naked eye watching a video can tell the difference between 100 and 110.  Classic.

Watch Els or Couples swing in their prime and then watch another average PGA Tour Pro's swing.  You'd swear Els or Couples are 5-10 mph slower.   But they aren't.  Same exact concept happening here.

It's hilarious. As if anyone can accurately eyeball what someone's driver speed is.

Just watched a video where Monte related that before a long drive tournament, a fellow long drive competitor noted that Monte's swing "didn't look like more than 110 mph." Monte ended up paired against him and beat him by 40 yds.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 northgolf

northgolf

    Pork

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1220

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:14 AM

View Postmudge, on 31 December 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostIMAway, on 30 December 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

He's definitely legit.  For some strange reason, lots of haters on this site.  Sad actually.

My favorite is the guy who commented something to the effect "this guy swings around 100 mph."  As if his naked eye watching a video can tell the difference between 100 and 110.  Classic.

Watch Els or Couples swing in their prime and then watch another average PGA Tour Pro's swing.  You'd swear Els or Couples are 5-10 mph slower.   But they aren't.  Same exact concept happening here.

It's hilarious. As if anyone can accurately eyeball what someone's driver speed is.

Just watched a video where Monte related that before a long drive tournament, a fellow long drive competitor noted that Monte's swing "didn't look like more than 110 mph." Monte ended up paired against him and beat him by 40 yds.

Didn't Novosel make a cottage industry out of counting video frames?  I  guess he was just one hell of an eyeballer (sheesh, that sounds kinky in a really off sort of way).
If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

2

#63 PingEye2

PingEye2

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6898
  • Joined: 10/18/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

Edited by PingEye2, 04 January 2018 - 01:18 PM.


3

#64 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7212

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

View PostPingEye2, on 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

For what heís charging he should own at least one of those.

4

#65 RattlesnakeRon

RattlesnakeRon

    Student of the Game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393004
  • Joined: 08/24/2015
  • Location:Austin, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 653

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostPingEye2, on 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

For what heís charging he should own at least one of those.

Yeah, in one of his video comment threads, he says heís never even been on a Trackman. Hard to believe for a relatively high profile instructor in LV.


5

#66 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7212

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostRattlesnakeRon, on 04 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostPingEye2, on 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

For what heís charging he should own at least one of those.

Yeah, in one of his video comment threads, he says heís never even been on a Trackman. Hard to believe for a relatively high profile instructor in LV.

As a student it would be a big red flag for me that a teacher had never hit balls on a launch monitor, and thatís any teacher at any level.  Thereís no excuse except willfull ignorance.

6

#67 northgolf

northgolf

    Pork

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1220

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostRattlesnakeRon, on 04 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostPingEye2, on 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

For what he's charging he should own at least one of those.

Yeah, in one of his video comment threads, he says he's never even been on a Trackman. Hard to believe for a relatively high profile instructor in LV.

As a student it would be a big red flag for me that a teacher had never hit balls on a launch monitor, and that's any teacher at any level.  There's no excuse except willfull ignorance.

It takes extraordinary effort for a community to assuage the ignorance of a moron as he doesn't know what he doesn't know.  Next thing you know,  I will be quoting Rumsfeld.
If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

7

#68 vernon

vernon

    Hi! I'm Holly!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11868
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Kansas City
GolfWRX Likes : 335

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

View Postnorthgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostRattlesnakeRon, on 04 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 04 January 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostPingEye2, on 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Let's see him on a legitimate launch monitor. They are pretty common and it shouldn't be difficult for him to find one. I am referring to Trackman, Flightscope or Foresight. That will quell all arguments.

For what he's charging he should own at least one of those.

Yeah, in one of his video comment threads, he says he's never even been on a Trackman. Hard to believe for a relatively high profile instructor in LV.

As a student it would be a big red flag for me that a teacher had never hit balls on a launch monitor, and that's any teacher at any level.  There's no excuse except willfull ignorance.

It takes extraordinary effort for a community to assuage the ignorance of a moron as he doesn't know what he doesn't know.  Next thing you know,  I will be quoting Rumsfeld.
Nice!

8

#69 PingEye2

PingEye2

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6898
  • Joined: 10/18/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

Extra credit for using assuage in a sentence

9

#70 chrisgilly09

chrisgilly09

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114762
  • Joined: 09/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

Assuage is just sausage misspelled



Now I need a breakfast burrito


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 dutch-dude

dutch-dude

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 316011
  • Joined: 05/20/2014
  • Location:Brasschaat
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:donq-b
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

Although Paul Wilson's method is fairly well known, however, it seems difficult to copy.
Apparently nobody on Golfwrx web-site has expressed that he could improve his swing speed to 110-115 mph.

As such I have bought his book and lessons, but I did not significantly improve.
As such I think I can play with powerless arms and have proper rotary speed. However, it does not work so well in my case.
Shame...... but I am not the only one.

11

#72 ctmason_98

ctmason_98

    TOTALLY outta the bag...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251340
  • Joined: 05/18/2013
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
  • Handicap:BIG
  • Ebay ID:ctmason
GolfWRX Likes : 1147

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

Iím sure there are many loyal students of Paulís out here but all I hear is kudos for instructors that work at his school and mixed reviews of him.

Iím not trying to knock the guy for trying to market himself but something that always struck me as odd was the number of different brands or products he put out videos under. SwingMachineGolf, Ignition Golf, Body Motion, etc.

12

#73 RichieHunt

RichieHunt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209355
  • Joined: 10/30/2012
  • Location:Cocoa Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 2674

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

View Postnorthgolf, on 01 January 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Didn't Novosel make a cottage industry out of counting video frames?  I  guess he was just one hell of an eyeballer (sheesh, that sounds kinky in a really off sort of way).

I believe Novosel had actual video and counted the frames.





RH

13

#74 pwgolfpro

pwgolfpro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12890
  • Joined: 03/01/2006
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

For all the doubters:


Edited by pwgolfpro, 05 February 2018 - 09:57 PM.


14

#75 pwgolfpro

pwgolfpro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12890
  • Joined: 03/01/2006
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

View Postctmason_98, on 09 January 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

I'm sure there are many loyal students of Paul's out here but all I hear is kudos for instructors that work at his school and mixed reviews of him.

I'm not trying to knock the guy for trying to market himself but something that always struck me as odd was the number of different brands or products he put out videos under. SwingMachineGolf, Ignition Golf, Body Motion, etc.

Get your facts straight before bashing me.  I have 1 assistant.  Always have.

I have different names for my products because Swing Machine Golf was my first product.  It bases the swing on Iron Byron.  My new product has no machine so it has a new name.  Ignition Golf is my golf tips website with over 1,000 of my tips.

Am I not allowed to name my products now without it being a problem?


15

#76 northgolf

northgolf

    Pork

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1220

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Brilliant!
If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

16

#77 pwgolfpro

pwgolfpro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12890
  • Joined: 03/01/2006
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

View Postdutch-dude, on 09 January 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Although Paul Wilson's method is fairly well known, however, it seems difficult to copy.
Apparently nobody on Golfwrx web-site has expressed that he could improve his swing speed to 110-115 mph.

As such I have bought his book and lessons, but I did not significantly improve.
As such I think I can play with powerless arms and have proper rotary speed. However, it does not work so well in my case.
Shame...... but I am not the only one.

If you did not improve you were either doing something wrong or not follow it as I suggest.  You need to work on the positions doing practice swings.  If you just hit ball after ball you would be doing your old swing more than the changes you were trying to make.  Each position gives you checkpoints and feedback so you know you are doing them exactly right.  I cannot do the positions better than you.  So if you were doing them your swing would look similar to mine.  If so, you will be hitting it great.

I would go back to it and carefully follow every lesson as I instruct.  I literally have thousands of testimonials from people over the years who are playing the best golf of their lives.  You can too.   Also, why would you not email me if you had an issue?

17

#78 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7212

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

You averaged 275 carry at about 2,000’ above sea level.  Average clubhead speed was just under 110.   To call it 320 is more than a little misleading,  at sea level you’d average mid 260s carry.

18

#79 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2532

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

Just curious, why make a full video with a club fitter...and then not do any actual club fitting and instead make a bunch of excuses (with bullet points) as to why your numbers were low?

19

#80 northgolf

northgolf

    Pork

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1220

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 05 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

You averaged 275 carry at about 2,000’ above sea level.  Average clubhead speed was just under 110.   To call it 320 is more than a little misleading,  at sea level you’d average mid 260s carry.

Well, he did say "anybody" could hit it as far as him (you just have to swing like him, at least he isn't pushing iron Byron anymore).

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun.  - Zippy the Pinhead

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostKrt22, on 05 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Just curious, why make a full video with a club fitter...and then not do any actual club fitting and instead make a bunch of excuses (with bullet points) as to why your numbers were low?
I don't really think his numbers were low as far as what he got out of his shots? His AoA was around neutral or so... so even though his CHS is around 110, 2700 spin is probably around where he'd need to be. Less and his ball flight would be too low. Somebody like me with +4-5 AoA, 2700 spin is way too high, I need to be 1800-2100.
WITB
DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60
3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - MD4 54/12W Modus Wedge 115
LW - MD4 58/12X Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

21

#82 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    Rebellion Golf

  • Sponsors
  • 18,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 11132

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostKrt22, on 05 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Just curious, why make a full video with a club fitter...and then not do any actual club fitting and instead make a bunch of excuses (with bullet points) as to why your numbers were low?
I don't really think his numbers were low as far as what he got out of his shots? His AoA was around neutral or so... so even though his CHS is around 110, 2700 spin is probably around where he'd need to be. Less and his ball flight would be too low. Somebody like me with +4-5 AoA, 2700 spin is way too high, I need to be 1800-2100.

Up 4-5 is too much and 1800-2100 is too low.  Youíll hit it everywhere.

22

#83 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 06 February 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostKrt22, on 05 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Just curious, why make a full video with a club fitter...and then not do any actual club fitting and instead make a bunch of excuses (with bullet points) as to why your numbers were low?
I don't really think his numbers were low as far as what he got out of his shots? His AoA was around neutral or so... so even though his CHS is around 110, 2700 spin is probably around where he'd need to be. Less and his ball flight would be too low. Somebody like me with +4-5 AoA, 2700 spin is way too high, I need to be 1800-2100.

Up 4-5 is too much and 1800-2100 is too low.  You'll hit it everywhere.
I just had a trackman session and the optimizer gives kind of a wide range, but here's an example of what it output:
Posted Image

Posted Image

and then a lower AoA
Posted Image

So with higher AoA, I'm getting more distance 'potential', but not sure how my dispersion is from this data tab.
WITB
DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60
3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - MD4 54/12W Modus Wedge 115
LW - MD4 58/12X Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

23

#84 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    Rebellion Golf

  • Sponsors
  • 18,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 11132

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 06 February 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostKrt22, on 05 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Just curious, why make a full video with a club fitter...and then not do any actual club fitting and instead make a bunch of excuses (with bullet points) as to why your numbers were low?
I don't really think his numbers were low as far as what he got out of his shots? His AoA was around neutral or so... so even though his CHS is around 110, 2700 spin is probably around where he'd need to be. Less and his ball flight would be too low. Somebody like me with +4-5 AoA, 2700 spin is way too high, I need to be 1800-2100.

Up 4-5 is too much and 1800-2100 is too low.  You'll hit it everywhere.
I just had a trackman session and the optimizer gives kind of a wide range, but here's an example of what it output:
Posted Image

Posted Image

and then a lower AoA
Posted Image

So with higher AoA, I'm getting more distance 'potential', but not sure how my dispersion is from this data tab.

I understand optimum distance numbers.

What Iím telling you is if you hit up 5 with 1800 spin, you will miss the golf course without a perfect path, face and center face.  Up 1-2 and mid 2000 will give you best combo of distance and dispersion.  Plus or minus.

24

#85 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    Rebellion Golf

  • Sponsors
  • 18,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 11132

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

There is a diminishing returns principle not discussed enough with these oprtimum numbers.

The more up you hit, the harder it is to match face and path...and the harder to hit the ball in middle, which is way more important factor for distance.  The lower the spin, the farther The ball goes offline when you tilt the axis.

Is it better to work 9 hours and make $90, or 10 hours and make $91.


25

#86 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Monte - Not saying you're wrong or anything, just the raw data here. Reason my AoA is 4 up is because I play ball off front foot. Reason I play it off front foot is because that's where I've found it easiest to have the ball to allow for square face at impact. If I move it back to help lower launch, results in pushy fades. Resolution to that is (as a lefty) open my stance a touch, aim more right, play a fade. Just not as comfortable doing that, but it's a possibility.

This is one of the things I can hopefully work on during your clinic this summer. Driver has been the bane of my existence lately.

Edited by Z1ggy16, 06 February 2018 - 08:38 AM.

WITB
DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60
3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - MD4 54/12W Modus Wedge 115
LW - MD4 58/12X Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

26

#87 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7212

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Monte - Not saying you're wrong or anything, just the raw data here. Reason my AoA is 4 up is because I play ball off front foot. Reason I play it off front foot is because that's where I've found it easiest to have the ball to allow for square face at impact. If I move it back to help lower launch, results in pushy fades. Resolution to that is (as a lefty) open my stance a touch, aim more right, play a fade. Just not as comfortable doing that, but it's a possibility.

This is one of the things I can hopefully work on during your clinic this summer. Driver has been the bane of my existence lately.

The most up AOA resulted in the biggest miss left, 3x as off line as the one that was the most level.  You also hit the ball further with the highest launch but also the highest spin.  You could achieve the same result by adding loft to the driver and not hitting up more.   All you did was increase your dynamic loft.  If you made the bottom swing with a higher lofted driver you’d hit it further and straighter.

27

#88 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:52 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 06 February 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Monte - Not saying you're wrong or anything, just the raw data here. Reason my AoA is 4 up is because I play ball off front foot. Reason I play it off front foot is because that's where I've found it easiest to have the ball to allow for square face at impact. If I move it back to help lower launch, results in pushy fades. Resolution to that is (as a lefty) open my stance a touch, aim more right, play a fade. Just not as comfortable doing that, but it's a possibility.

This is one of the things I can hopefully work on during your clinic this summer. Driver has been the bane of my existence lately.

The most up AOA resulted in the biggest miss left, 3x as off line as the one that was the most level.  You also hit the ball further with the highest launch but also the highest spin.  You could achieve the same result by adding loft to the driver and not hitting up more.   All you did was increase your dynamic loft.  If you made the bottom swing with a higher lofted driver you’d hit it further and straighter.
No info on strike location so I can't really comment. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say how AoA and strike location (as in, how AoA influences strike location horizontally or vertically) affect one another. Just by inspection I could assume that the higher my AoA is the more (or less) likely I am to hit it with more variation vertically, but the first strike could have gone off line because of it being slightly out of the heel.
WITB
DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60
3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - MD4 54/12W Modus Wedge 115
LW - MD4 58/12X Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

28

#89 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7212

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 06 February 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 06 February 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Monte - Not saying you're wrong or anything, just the raw data here. Reason my AoA is 4 up is because I play ball off front foot. Reason I play it off front foot is because that's where I've found it easiest to have the ball to allow for square face at impact. If I move it back to help lower launch, results in pushy fades. Resolution to that is (as a lefty) open my stance a touch, aim more right, play a fade. Just not as comfortable doing that, but it's a possibility.

This is one of the things I can hopefully work on during your clinic this summer. Driver has been the bane of my existence lately.

The most up AOA resulted in the biggest miss left, 3x as off line as the one that was the most level.  You also hit the ball further with the highest launch but also the highest spin.  You could achieve the same result by adding loft to the driver and not hitting up more.   All you did was increase your dynamic loft.  If you made the bottom swing with a higher lofted driver youíd hit it further and straighter.
No info on strike location so I can't really comment. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say how AoA and strike location (as in, how AoA influences strike location horizontally or vertically) affect one another. Just by inspection I could assume that the higher my AoA is the more (or less) likely I am to hit it with more variation vertically, but the first strike could have gone off line because of it being slightly out of the heel.
Both of the higher attack angles went way more offline.  And again your lowest spin was actually the most level AOA.  The ball you spun the most went the furthest.  Your dynamic loft increased by more than your AOA increased, so you spin loft went up which is what caused it to go further.

This could be accomplished by increasing driver loft, you increased dynamic loft increasing both launch angle and spin rate.   It wasnít gear affect or the higher launch would have spun less not more.  You need more loft, which you got by hitting more up on it, but you can accomplish the same effect by changing the club rather than swing while also hitting it straighter

It went more offline because the face to path difference increased, not because of gear effect or contact

Edited by iteachgolf, 06 February 2018 - 09:06 AM.


29

#90 Schnee

Schnee

    SOTABM

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138338
  • Joined: 09/03/2011
  • Location:Northeast
  • Ebay ID:pinnacle27201
GolfWRX Likes : 3672

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

They are not infallible, but if both Dan and Monte were making similar points to me, I would rethink my position.

"Grasshopper breaks wing
soars with Master's healing words.
Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016


Driver Coming Soon
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition
Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
Irons Under Construction
Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
[Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
Taylormade Spider Tour Black "Paulina"

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    bober74

GolfWRX Sponsors