Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Worst player you ever saw get a hole-in-one?

101 replies to this topic

#1 markjay1

markjay1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465862
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

It's winter, the holidays and golf's silly season.  Time for another utterly time-wasting thread.

As a member of the "not-yet-club" this is a topic close to my heart, or rather, my spleen.  My story:

Arranged a game with a neighbor.  He asked if a friend who was not much of a golfer could join us.  It was to be a very casual outing so I said sure.  The guy was nice, a pleasure to be around, but perhaps the worst player I've ever seen hoist a golf bag.  He played maybe once every two years and had a bag of mismatched clubs from the 1950s.  Possibly older.

A very dry course (Northern California in the summer), about a 135 par 3, slightly downhill, no hazards in the way.  He hits a ground ball.  Literally a ground ball that any shortstop would beg for.  And it rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls right onto the green and into the cup.  We're going nuts but he doesn't seem to recognize the import of what he's done.  Despite his lack of skills, or maybe because of his lack of skills, I felt really glad for him.

Coda:  On the next tee he tees up the same ball he got the ace with.  Both my friend and I yelled at the same time:  "What are you doing???"  He put the ball away but I still don't think he got the nature of his accomplishment.

(This isn't about slamming anyone for being a bad golfer.  Just how darn lucky some people can be).

Edited by markjay1, 24 December 2017 - 09:05 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Chief Illiniwek

Chief Illiniwek

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59803
GolfWRX Likes : 1818

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Great topic! Same story basically. 175ish par 3 down and then back up a hill. Course baked out from a very dry summer. My buddy's dad who pretty much never plays (maybe ten times in his whole life) hits a worm burner that just keeps rolling, right into the cup...

#3 brkuck

brkuck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47240
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

Happened a while ago, but I was playing with a co-worker who rarely played (maybe once every other year).  He had some decent clubs, but nothing fancy.  Gets to the 5th hole which is a slightly uphill 150ish yard par 3.  He averaged a 12 on the previous 4 holes.  He steps up and hits a line drive about 8 feet off the ground.  It skims a small mound about 10 yards in front of the green and skips forward into a tree thats over the green.  The ball then ricochets backwards off the tree and bounces towards the hole and rolls in.  He celebrates like he just won the US Open and Iam in utter disbelief.  Ive never had one and that's the third I have seen, but is by far the craziest/luckiest.

I have gone and played that course 100 times since then and EVERY single time I get to that hole I will go to that tree and throw about 10 balls at it to see if I can get the ball anywhere near the hole.  Nothing so far.

#4 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

The adventure begins!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 10412

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Envy, thy name is markjay1 . . . . . . I knew when I saw the thread title it was posted by someone without a hole in one (oh, I have two BTW!)!

Your post confirms what my friends tell me, if I have two that proves it's all luck and no skill, lol!  Mine were nothing weird, actually good shots that everyone watching thought would be really, really close - who knew.

Will enjoy reading the stories (and even good players stories of unusual hole in ones that are pretty entertaining).

I hope Santa brings you an ace for Christmas.

And, no lie, I'd trade both of mine in a second to witness a hole in one each by my dad and my oldest daughter - I've actually seen her come so close twice, but so close is still "nice birdie"!

#5 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 878

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

A few of my buddies have one. My one friend  isn't the best golfer. He usually shoots 115 when we play together. He starts off with a 9, 8, and a 11. We get to the next hole a 150 yd par 3 and he says he is ready to go home jokingly. He hits a 5 iron worm burner that rolls all the way down the fairway, rolls onto the green and goes right into the hole. He throws his club in the air and falls to the ground.

Another friend got one on a 165 yd par 3. He hits his shot and pushes it way out to the right. It goes into the woods about 20 yds deep, hits a tree, and comes flying out of the woods, rolls down a bank, goes rolling across the green, hits the flag stick and is sucked right into the hole. We were congratulating him on his hole in one and he never even knew he holed it because he was still cussing at himself for hitting such a poor shot.

Me..I hit a shot on a 140 yd par 3 and watch it on the fly go right into the hole. The ball gouged the edge of the cup, hit the bottom of the flag stick, came back out and landed in the pond in front of the hole. I took a drop and holed out my chip. Of course I was playing alone that day and my friends laughed when I told them what happened. At least I have the memory of actually having it happen to me.

On the same course of my almost hole in one they have a plaque on the wall with three balls on it and the dates this guy got his three hole in ones. He got two hole in ones in the same round. One on one of the par 3's on the front and one on one of the par 3's on the back. The owner said he got the two balls from the guy and told him he was going to make a plaque because what were the chances of two in one round. He said the guy got a third hole in one two days later on the other par 3 on the back. He said he had to put a hold on the plaque because he needed to add a third ball on it. The guy got three hole in ones each on a different hole on the course in less than a week.

Edited by Greenie, 24 December 2017 - 10:05 AM.

#6 DON SVO

DON SVO

Hacker in progress...

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99396
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

A friend of mine who is a good stick hit a sloppy fat 8 iron into a downhill back pin par 3. Like a poster above said about his story, my friend also never saw it go in because he was busy cussing himself for hitting a horrible shot.

Ball landed on a sprinkler head, bounced off it to the back of the green, one-hopped into the flagstick, and went straight down into the hole.

I am still a frustrated member of the nice tap-in birdie! Club.
A bag of left-handed junk.

Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2, Kai'li 70x
3W: Callaway 3deep, PX blue 6.5
3H: Adams Super XTD, Aldila Proto 95x
4-PW: Mizuno MP-32, satin PX 6.5
59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0

#7 markjay1

markjay1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465862
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 24 December 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Envy, thy name is markjay1 . . . . . . I knew when I saw the thread title it was posted by someone without a hole in one (oh, I have two BTW!)!

I'm not envious.  I do have a feeling of discontent and resentful longing that's aroused by someone else's skill and/or luck.  But I am not envious.

#8 sdandrea

sdandrea

Steve

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 961

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

SWMBO and I were playing with another couple.  A 31 handicap female senior golfer, playing a 125 y par 3, knocked her 5w shot onto the green and into the cup.  She struck it well and it went where she was aiming.  As always, witnessing an ace is very cool.
PING G30 SFT 10*
Callaway Steelhead XR Heaven & 9 wood
PING G400 7-UW
Cleveland CG15 54/14 & 58/12
Scotty Fastback
"Never buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it"

#9 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 559

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

170 par three over water with a bunker between the lake and green.  

Friend bladed a 4 iron, it barely carried the water, hopped over the bunker, landed in the rough on the greenside which killed most of the speed, and the ball trickled in the cup.

Friend could not break 120 if you made him keep score.

#10 diablocrusher

diablocrusher

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178350
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

I played a scramble once, and the first par 3 hole about 160 yds was the closest to the pin contest hole.  The marker wasn't even close to the pin when I teed it up and put it to about 3 ft.  This scramble was more of a drink fest and had very few serious golfers and lots of hacks.  I assumed 3 ft was good enough to win to win the contest as there wasn't many groups left behind us.

We finished the hole and go to the next tee box, which is positioned behind the par 3 green going the opposite direction so we can see the group behind us teeing of on the par 3.  A guy steps up with a swing that would be lucky to break 120 with mulligans one hops his shot into the hole.  We found out afterwards it was it 2nd time golfing in his life..... :dntknw:

Driver - Cobra King F6
3 wood - Diablo Octane Tour
Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
Putter - Yes! Callie

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 SuperSwede28

SuperSwede28

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428684
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

The golfer in my story was not bad, a girl around 12 years old playing off of about 10-15 hcp, but the shot was a lucky misshit. I was a junior golfer ~15 years old playing with other juniors, girls and boys, at my home course at the time. A pretty flat par three, about 150 yards from the ladies tee. A bunker is guarding the fron of the green, but it's sitting just over 100 yards out, so well before the green starts, pin in the very back end of the green which is 30+ yards long. I'm not in her group, but standing on the next tee looking back and the flag is only 25 yards away from me. She must have topped it because it lands short of the front bunker, skips it, first bounce short of the green, screaming across the green and pounds the flag, in. :)
Titleist 915D4 9.5 deg. - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange (V3) 70TX
Ping G30 15 deg. - Aldila Tour Blue 80TX
Titleist 915H 2H - UST Attas International 100X
Srixon 765 4i-6i - Nippon Modus 120X
Srixon 965 7i-PW - Nippon Modus 120X
Miura K-grind 51 deg. - Nippon Modus 120S
Titleist SM4 56 deg. - Nippon 125 Wedge
Edel Driver grind 58 deg. - KBS High Rev. 2.0
Byron Morgan 612 GSS

#12 cherokee8215

cherokee8215

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72469
GolfWRX Likes : 527

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Guy who I don't think had broken 130 before, probably the 10th round of his life, after 16 holes of pop-ups, topped shots, and shanks, managed to connect with one on the par-3 17th with a perfect trajectory that landed probably 10 feet short of the hole and rolled in. I believe he played a few more rounds in the next year or two, lost interest in the game, and quit.

#13 wkuo3

wkuo3

RELEASE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
GolfWRX Likes : 507

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

A 23 handicap index holder,  A par 3 178 yards down hill ( played like 150 yards ).  He pulled a 5 wood into the left forest , we heard the golf ball bang around at least twice then dropped out of the woods onto the cart path.  Bounced really high off the cart path to the front of the green .

We found the golf ball at the bottom of the cup..... figures.

#14 DivinDave

DivinDave

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417836
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

I have 2 stores about that.

About 25 years ago I was playing with my best friend, Mike.  He's a pretty good golfer.  No 4 at Shallow Creek is a sharp dogleg right. Thick woods down the right hand side of the entire hole.   Easy enough to cut the corner and drive the green, or near to it if you can hit your driver high and about 250 yards.

Mike hits a high shot and its a big fade (errr slice). We heard the ball hit wood.  Mike is in the trees trying to find his ball.  I went ahead and chipped up.  I look in the hole and sure enough, there is Mikes Titleist xout which had apparently bounced off a tree and rolled in.

Story # 2.
I play in an Industrial League on a par 3 executive course every Thrusday evening. Its nothing serious and most of the players on the teams are co-workers and frankly, most are not very good golfers, but they sure do try hard! LOL.

Last year, I was playing with a guy one evening named Ed, probably mid 60's in age,  who was substituting for a regular and using borrowed clubs.  It was his 2nd time on any golf course in his entire life. Yeah, he rolled one in on number 8, from 87 yards out, using a 5 wood for gods sake.

smh.....

Edited by DivinDave, 25 December 2017 - 01:39 PM.

Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

#15 PingGuy68

PingGuy68

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451610
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

A few years back I was playing a round with a group from work at a now defunct course, Ahwatukee Lakes.  One of the guys, Taral, hit a ball that no one saw leave the tee.  We looked everywhere, then someone said, check the hole.  Yep, there it was.  This guy made solid contact once in a while by mistake.  He prob shot 100 on a great day.  We couldn't believe it.  It was kind of funny that he didn't get the pleasure of seeing it go in.  He isn't the one who found the ball, so I think it was a hole in one.

Edited by PingGuy68, 25 December 2017 - 01:39 PM.

G30 Driver
G30 5 Wood
Anser 20/23 Hyb
iE1 5-U
Glide 56/60
Anser Milled 0

#16 3PuttHero

3PuttHero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443846
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

My first time playing golf was with my in-laws in South Carolina.  I finally accepted the invitation to play because Ive always been athletic and can play virtually any sport.  Needless to say I was quite humbled but hooked.  My father in-Law holed a 140 yard par 3 over water, so having seen that my first time out I figured it must happen fairly often. As I learned to play I realized that my father in-Law shoots a 130 on a good day and when he says how many hes over/under hes referring to how many golf balls hes lost/found.  Hes still one of my favorite people to play with, but in hindsite, he should have played the lotto that day.

#17 Lou04380

Lou04380

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 303993
  • Handicap:7.1
  • Ebay ID:Lou04380
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

My mom, twice in the same year!  We lived on separate coasts at the time, first came when my parents were visiting Seattle,  second was when I met them in myrtle.  First was a 7 iron from about 105, a decent shot that landed about 10 yards short and bounced in the hole.  The second was a thinned wood that never got more than 3 feet off the ground. I was of course happy for her, and to see both in person was awesome.

#18 lchang

lchang

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53955
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

My sister (very high handicapper) and her two friends on a 130 yard hole.  None of them see her shot go in even though there’s nothing “blind” about this shot. They search and search. Can't find the ball. Casual round, so she drops a ball near the green and plays from there. Eventually someone pulls the pin, and they realize her ball has been in the hole.

This was her scorecard for the par-34 front nine:  8 7 6 8 6 8 7 1 7. She needed that ace to keep it in the 50’s.

The framed HIO ball is a beat up old Mac Gregor ball she found earlier in the round because she didn’t want to risk a nicer ball going into the water on this hole.

The club she used is a fairway wood. The club literally says “fairway wood”—no loft or number on it!

#19 DrRob1963

DrRob1963

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374381
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

First hole-in-one I ever saw in real life - about 1980.
The Coast Golf Club, Sydney: 8th hole 160m = 175yds Par 3 over a valley with a small cement slab over a creek in its base.
Our group were all on the green & called up the group behind on a slow Saturday morning competition round.
Hitting last is an 85yo Scotsman whose game had seen better days and by then, his best drive was a 150yd scungy-runner. Well, he hits his driver okay, but pulls it left towards the creek. It looks odds-on for water, but it lands on the concrete slab - "Ka-boing" mega-bounce - the ball kicks hard on & hard to the right. Up it bounces towards the right side of the green, where it takes the right bank, rolls around on to the green and down into the hole!
The whole place immediately erupts into a massive cheer heard all over the course!
"Af'er all th' years, I ne'er thought I'd e'er 'ave one!" - happiest Scot I've ever seen.
Great memory for all of us who saw it!
Callaway 10.5* GBB Driver
Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway 14* [set to 15*]
Mizuno MP Titanium 18* 5-wood
Ben Hogan CFT 21* Hybrid
Ben Hogan FtWorth15 irons & TK15 wedges. Lofts: 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 48, 53, 58, 63.
All Regular shafts.
Ping iDarby putter, 34"

#20 John L.

John L.

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99616
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:32 AM

Me.......on that day anyways.

2nd day back state side after a 9 month Med Cruise in 1988. I didn't bring my clubs on that one.

I snuck off the ship the 2nd day back and played Eagle Haven which was 5 minutes from the boat.  I was grouped with a really nice older retired guy, and two real snotty young guys.

I played to about a 50 (?)  on the front and told the older gentleman that I was going to jump off at the turn.  He begged me to play the back (kiddingly) because the two young guys barely spoke to us, and so I did.  

Bogey on 10

Bogey on 11

HIO on 12 (Par 3 142 yards) ......the pin was unusually close to the front that day. A pretty steep two tier green  

MacGregor Tourney 8 iron and a Pinnacle Gold ball.

I caught it skinny, and it barely cleared the water hitting the fringe. I figured.....a par finally!  but the older guy started jumping up and down going nuts and yelling to me that it jumped into the hole. I still didn't believe it until I walked up to the green.

I made a a few more pars on the way in.

Edited by John L., 26 December 2017 - 05:35 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 shotmark

shotmark

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102090
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

I've played golf for over forty years.  Single figure for at least thirty of those forty and never had one.  My Dad (RIP) never got lower than 28 handicap and had two.

#22 snoilr1

snoilr1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406030
  • Handicap:17.2
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

My friend who can barely break 60 for 9 holes skulled one on a long par 3 hole with a pond in front. The ball skipped off the water, then the bank in front of the green took all the steam off the shot. Ball rolled up and onto the green and stopped 6 behind the hole. Not a hole in one, but the first birdie he ever made.
Titleist 913 D3
R7 Steel 16Deg 4W
RBZ 19.5Deg 3H
Srixon Z745 5-P
SM6 50.12F
SM1 54.14, 58.08
ProPlatinum mid-slant

#23 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
GolfWRX Likes : 1380

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Me, myself, and I !  :russian_roulette:

#24 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4851

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Great topic  o p . This one was also on a Northern Cal. course. He and I are classmates and play together often. In the thirty odd years in each others company we have never had an ace until mens league on a 167 yd par 3.  Rick steps up to the box and with a full swing sends the ball sailing down range. "damn what did ya hit" I asked  he replied ... "6 iron".  "I think ya went off the back"  I said in disgust ... I added " we need a par on this hole to win! " As  we walked and got closer, it was evident that there were no ball on the green.   I went to the right to pick up my ball thinking we would chip from were Rick was on the back side, when one of the others in our group walked up to the cup and loudly exclaimed " Rick your ball is in the cup". He smirked as he was handed his ball and on looker applauded. I said..."congratulations ya old coot now ya gotta by everyone a drink"  "HELL NO !...I don't like anyone here" and off he went to the parking lot.
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

#25 mlavallee23

mlavallee23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 391034
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Have yet to see one.  A buddy of mine has seen three, and two from the same guy.  One of those hole in one's, his wife had to come pick him up at the clubhouse after the round....open bar anyone!

#26 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3426

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

My mother. A true 40-index at the time. 105 yard hole. 9-iron. Doink!

#27 LeoLeo99

LeoLeo99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326383
GolfWRX Likes : 1908

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

View Postmarkjay1, on 24 December 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

It's winter, the holidays and golf's silly season.  Time for another utterly time-wasting thread.

As a member of the "not-yet-club" this is a topic close to my heart, or rather, my spleen.  My story:

Arranged a game with a neighbor.  He asked if a friend who was not much of a golfer could join us.  It was to be a very casual outing so I said sure.  The guy was nice, a pleasure to be around, but perhaps the worst player I've ever seen hoist a golf bag.  He played maybe once every two years and had a bag of mismatched clubs from the 1950s.  Possibly older.

A very dry course (Northern California in the summer), about a 135 par 3, slightly downhill, no hazards in the way.  He hits a ground ball.  Literally a ground ball that any shortstop would beg for.  And it rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls right onto the green and into the cup.  We're going nuts but he doesn't seem to recognize the import of what he's done.  Despite his lack of skills, or maybe because of his lack of skills, I felt really glad for him.

Coda:  On the next tee he tees up the same ball he got the ace with.  Both my friend and I yelled at the same time:  "What are you doing???"  He put the ball away but I still don't think he got the nature of his accomplishment.

(This isn't about slamming anyone for being a bad golfer.  Just how darn lucky some people can be).

My story is similar.  Guy from high school.  135 yards.  Topped it. Worm burner.  Rolled the whole way and in to the hole.  His first time on a golf course.  I wasn't there but heard about it the next day at school.   He was a funny guy.  It went on for months.

I'd join the golf team but I don't want to show you guys up.  I'm probably a little too good to waste my time for high school golf.  

Golf is easy, I don't know why you guys practice so much.

Just walking down the hall way he'd chirp out "Easy game!".  

How many hole in ones did you get yesterday?

Edited by LeoLeo99, 26 December 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#28 ssp

ssp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80259
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

My dad ... although not bad at a 15 ... he had 8 hole-in-ones.  A lot for anybody but a feat for a 15.

#29 TheShaun

TheShaun

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96319
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

Alexander Ovechkin. Obviously a very gifted athlete, but apparently had never played golf before this happened....

https://www.youtube....h?v=ntpaQ8D7VHI

#30 CrushSticks

CrushSticks

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194408
  • Ebay ID:Fawkesman3000
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

About 10 years ago I worked at this pizza place, one of the delivery guys was this real out there, trench coat and army boots kind of guy. He knows I play golf and says he hasn’t played since he was really little and would love to get out. So we play, the guy is obviously awful. 3rd hole, 130 yds. He hits 5 wood( he is wearing the army boots, btw) which flys like a PW and it takes 2 hops and rolls in. Absolutely ridiculous.

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
                Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
                Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors