Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PXG - It's About Time to give them a try


227 replies to this topic

#61 huddledtoast

huddledtoast

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424790
  • Joined: 05/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

I went to see a fitter a couple months back, he sells (and has a personal set of) both Miura and PXG. He said Miura, hands down, is the better club. He was another person on the list of people stating that PXGs have hot spots. Sorry, but $350/head and still have occasional flyers? No thanks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

So does anyone's handicap actually go down after switching to these clubs? If so, from what to what?

2

#63 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

    Future King of France

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
  • Joined: 09/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 4518

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostMarkrip, on 25 December 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostJack Pearsall, on 23 December 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Pxg, itís like the Beatles AND Pink Floyd!

I think itís more like Hamilton something really nice I canít afford.

Reminds me of The Emporerís New Clothing. (I suppose Iíll now get kaboomed by the hater haters.)

3

#64 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Posthuddledtoast, on 12 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

I went to see a fitter a couple months back, he sells (and has a personal set of) both Miura and PXG. He said Miura, hands down, is the better club. He was another person on the list of people stating that PXGs have hot spots. Sorry, but $350/head and still have occasional flyers? No thanks.


I have had the PXG GEN1 irons including the 0311X driving irons, 2 - 5; the 0311XF, 3 - 7; and 0311T, 3 - P.  I had these from early 2016 and sold them in late 2017.
I do NOT recall every seeing a "hotspot" flier from these irons...period.  Fliers, yes, just like any other iron off wet grass.  Do you think that the PXG Tour Pros would have any success if they were having to deal with hotspot fliers?

This is just more fake news that you heard that gets thrown around and has no truth to it whatsoever.

If I was seeing such shots do you think I would be putting the GEN2 irons in the bag?

PXG G2 0311P heads.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob, 12 May 2018 - 05:17 PM.

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

4

#65 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 12 May 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

So does anyone's handicap actually go down after switching to these clubs? If so, from what to what?


There are many posts that I have seen of players lowering their handicaps after moving to the PXG clubs from inferior clubs.

But, If you trade your Civic in on a Corvette Z06 do you think you will get to the grocery store any quicker?  .... You have to know how to use what you have.

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

5

#66 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostBirdieBob, on 12 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 12 May 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

So does anyone's handicap actually go down after switching to these clubs? If so, from what to what?


There are many posts that I have seen of players lowering their handicaps after moving to the PXG clubs from inferior clubs.

But, If you trade your Civic in on a Corvette Z06 do you think you will get to the grocery store any quicker?  .... You have to know how to use what you have.
Agreed Bob, you have to know how to use what you have. What isn't clear is, will a properly fitted set of PXG result in lowering one's index over a properly fit set of any other major brand?

BTW... Not sure if your car analogy is flattering for the brand because it makes it sound like pxg is more about flash than function.

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5, 12 May 2018 - 05:33 PM.


6

#67 huddledtoast

huddledtoast

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424790
  • Joined: 05/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostBirdieBob, on 12 May 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

View Posthuddledtoast, on 12 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

I went to see a fitter a couple months back, he sells (and has a personal set of) both Miura and PXG. He said Miura, hands down, is the better club. He was another person on the list of people stating that PXGs have hot spots. Sorry, but $350/head and still have occasional flyers? No thanks.


I have had the PXG GEN1 irons including the 0311X driving irons, 2 - 5; the 0311XF, 3 - 7; and 0311T, 3 - P.  I had these from early 2016 and sold them in late 2017.
I do NOT recall every seeing a "hotspot" flier from these irons...period.  Fliers, yes, just like any other iron off wet grass.  Do you think that the PXG Tour Pros would have any success if they were having to deal with hotspot fliers?

This is just more fake news that you heard that gets thrown around and has no truth to it whatsoever.

If I was seeing such shots do you think I would be putting the GEN2 irons in the bag?

You're arguing that since you haven't got any fliers from these heads (one person, one set of heads) that no one ever has, and these heads can't produce them? Let that sink in for a moment, and google "anecdotal evidence" while you're waiting.

I've read stories from, and talked to real people, who have said this happens sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes. The occasional flyer, and the fact I think Bob Parsons is an (incredibly successful) arrogant buffoon, is enough to convince me not to spend a pile of money on these irons.

I have no idea of your purchasing habits or why you buy these irons. Lots of people out there play with clubs that have incredibly inconsistent performance, and replace them with newer, similar clubs. You buying a second set in a row could be an indicator that they are a great product, or that a fool and his money are easily parted (or it could mean a million other things, or nothing at all). It's a red herring.

I'm glad you haven't seen any of those shots off your irons. I sincerely hope you are just as happy with your GEN2.

Edited by huddledtoast, 12 May 2018 - 05:51 PM.


7

#68 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 12 May 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 12 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 12 May 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

So does anyone's handicap actually go down after switching to these clubs? If so, from what to what?


There are many posts that I have seen of players lowering their handicaps after moving to the PXG clubs from inferior clubs.

But, If you trade your Civic in on a Corvette Z06 do you think you will get to the grocery store any quicker?  .... You have to know how to use what you have.
Agreed Bob, you have to know how to use what you have. What isn't clear is, will a properly fitted set of PXG result in lowering one's index over a properly fit set of any other major brand?

BTW... Not sure if your car analogy is flattering for the brand because it makes it sound like pxg is more about flash than function.


Congrats! you understood exactly what I said.
WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

8

#69 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

View Posthuddledtoast, on 12 May 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 12 May 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

View Posthuddledtoast, on 12 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

I went to see a fitter a couple months back, he sells (and has a personal set of) both Miura and PXG. He said Miura, hands down, is the better club. He was another person on the list of people stating that PXGs have hot spots. Sorry, but $350/head and still have occasional flyers? No thanks.


I have had the PXG GEN1 irons including the 0311X driving irons, 2 - 5; the 0311XF, 3 - 7; and 0311T, 3 - P.  I had these from early 2016 and sold them in late 2017.
I do NOT recall every seeing a "hotspot" flier from these irons...period.  Fliers, yes, just like any other iron off wet grass.  Do you think that the PXG Tour Pros would have any success if they were having to deal with hotspot fliers?

This is just more fake news that you heard that gets thrown around and has no truth to it whatsoever.

If I was seeing such shots do you think I would be putting the GEN2 irons in the bag?

You're arguing that since you haven't got any fliers from these heads (one person, one set of heads) that no one ever has, and these heads can't produce them? Let that sink in for a moment, and google "anecdotal evidence" while you're waiting.

I've read stories from, and talked to real people, who have said this happens sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes. The occasional flyer, and the fact I think Bob Parsons is an (incredibly successful) arrogant buffoon, is enough to convince me not to spend a pile of money on these irons.

I have no idea of your purchasing habits or why you buy these irons. Lots of people out there play with clubs that have incredibly inconsistent performance, and replace them with newer, similar clubs. You buying a second set in a row could be an indicator that they are a great product, or that a fool and his money are easily parted (or it could mean a million other things, or nothing at all). It's a red herring.

I'm glad you haven't seen any of those shots off your irons. I sincerely hope you are just as happy with your GEN2.

I suggest you try the PXG irons.  Perhaps that might change your view, quickly!
Let us know what you think of them.
WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

9

#70 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 592

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

I’d spend my money else where....I  I liked them, but significant gains on course? NO.  I still game PXG wedges as I like the feel in comparison to my other wedges...but I’m back to 718 CB’s and couldn’t be happier. If you wanna blow a couple G’s on golf equipment  buy a nice purtter that will always hold its value. Unless you’re getting them for the price of a really nice set from another OEM, don’t expect magic in comparison to what else is out there. In my opinion puring a Mizuno or Titleist is really no different to a PXG iron, and distance; doesn’t sell me on irons as long as dispersion is tight, and distance is consistent that’s what matters to me. Just my .02 from a season played.

At $1400 for a nice set of 718 AP2’s, that’s a third of what my PXG’s cost me, if I were in your shoes and had to do it again, I’d think over all of the other golf equipmen/ lessons, before driving off the lot. Not hating, I said I liked, just don’t justify the tag for me.

Titleist 917 D3   Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2   Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2   Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

Loved the original set of PXG 0311 / 0311T’s , But the new Gen 2’s are so much better, no comparison. For me, there aren’t any better irons out there, Don’t care what you play or what you spend your money on but these are well worth every penny!!!!!!
PXG 0811X 10.5* Driver| Graphite Design Tour ADI-6

2017 TM M2 Tour 3wd | Graphite Design Tour ADI-6

PXG GEN-2 0311X 2 - Driving iron with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95 grams
PXG GEN-2 0311XF 3 - 6 irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff
PXG GEN-2 0311P 7 - GW irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff


PXG 0311T Sierra Black SW 56* - 10 | Project X LZ 115 Stiff
PXG 0311T Zulu Black LW 60* - 7 | Project X LZ 115 Stiff

PXG Gunboat H Putter

PXG STAFF BAG

11

#72 DecentGolfer

DecentGolfer

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501604
  • Joined: 05/12/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

I love the look of the PXGs, but that price. :crazy:

12

#73 Tight-right

Tight-right

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482596
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Windsor on
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

Nice. I've never seen any pxg club in person. Let alone hit one!

They look fantastic and from other reviews feel amazing.

If I wasn't poor I'd be all over them too.

13

#74 NoFancyUsername.

NoFancyUsername.

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457988
  • Joined: 03/09/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:32 AM

Overrated.

14

#75 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

View PostSPARKP, on 12 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Loved the original set of PXG 0311 / 0311Tís , But the new Gen 2ís are so much better, no comparison. For me, there arenít any better irons out there, Donít care what you play or what you spend your money on but these are well worth every penny!!!!!!
What clubs did you move away from when you went to pxg and how much did your handicap improve by?


15

#76 bbp1

bbp1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4251
  • Joined: 08/03/2005
  • Location:New Orleans
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

did a fitting at club champion 6 months ago. I've played Mizuno for the last 15 years. at the fitting, tried out: Mizuno vs. Titleist AP3 vs. PXG vs. Callaway vs. Taylormade P790. ended up with the P790's. In my demo the P790's outperformed the pxg's in terms of consistent smash factor and performance of hits on the more bottom part of the club which is a tendency for me. I went with the P790's and have been very happy with them. Its not that its the most important thing in an iron but the P790's were consistently longer for me than the pxgs
Driver-Taylormade M3 10.5-1
3-5 Woods-Taylormade M3
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20degree
Irons 4-9- Taylormade P790
Wedges 46,52,60 Vokey SM-7
Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 3
HCP 2.9

16

#77 tatertot

tatertot

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87030
  • Joined: 06/29/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3296

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

View PostSPARKP, on 12 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Loved the original set of PXG 0311 / 0311T’s , But the new Gen 2’s are so much better, no comparison. For me, there aren’t any better irons out there, Don’t care what you play or what you spend your money on but these are well worth every penny!!!!!!
What clubs did you move away from when you went to pxg and how much did your handicap improve by?

Exactly ... When you say well worth every penny, how many strokes per round are we talking?
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Irons: Ping Eye2, 2-9 iron
Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
Putter: Cameron Studio Stainless Mid Sur, 34"

17

#78 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

View Posttatertot, on 13 May 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

View PostSPARKP, on 12 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Loved the original set of PXG 0311 / 0311T’s , But the new Gen 2’s are so much better, no comparison. For me, there aren’t any better irons out there, Don’t care what you play or what you spend your money on but these are well worth every penny!!!!!!
What clubs did you move away from when you went to pxg and how much did your handicap improve by?

Exactly ... When you say well worth every penny, how many strokes per round are we talking?



lol........that's the question I wanted to ask Tiger as he just got some new irons.

Perhaps Tiger just wanted some irons that had that look, feel, and control that he was accustom to using and now he is playing them.....wonder if his handicap is lower now?

Same thing in PXG for me....it is more about the unique feel (soft and muted that no other iron has) and look that PXG brings to my game that those hard/harsh cast club heads from my past did not have.
They were terrible feeling and I was wanting a iron that had a great feel....BINGO....PXG.   Some like the feel; some don't......try them to find out.

It is not about distance although PXG has five models of irons to choose from and one of those will be the right mix of looks, feel and distance that will suit your game, and yes the all have that great PXG feel.

If all you want is more distance try one of the many new distance irons that come with a 26* 7 iron!  Yikes. :D
WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

18

#79 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

You say control but if there was more control then that should translate into a lower handicap.

I certainly get the "feel" thing which can be especially noticeable for less than perfect contact.

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5, 13 May 2018 - 09:05 AM.


19

#80 Tiptx1122

Tiptx1122

    TMPing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35809
  • Joined: 07/28/2007
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Im sure they are nice but no way can I justify spending that much money on a set when I can hit any other brand out there just as well when I'm properly fitted. My Apex CF 16 are keepers but then again those were not cheap but Wow! do I love them. Buying any expensive set of iron without being properly fitted is throwing your money away.

    If you have the money and you like them and have been fitted awesome, but I bet over 50% of golfers go out and will buy exotic clubs without being fitted and boy even in my 60's do I love to take their money on the golf course.Lol


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Lobber

Lobber

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54700
  • Joined: 04/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

How many folks who complain about the price of PXG have bounced around from set to set and ultimately spent more than a properly fit set of PXG irons would have cost them if they purchased PXG first?  You can put my name at the top of the list.  Who's next?

21

#82 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

You say control but if there was more control then that should translate into a lower handicap.

I certainly get the "feel" thing which can be especially noticeable for less than perfect contact.


I'm sure if I find the right putter (which is half the scoring in the game) my handicap will drop like a rock!
Maybe a PXG putter?

At my age, I just hope to keep the `cap close to what it currently is at....4.

Edited by BirdieBob, 13 May 2018 - 09:38 AM.

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

22

#83 pjonesgolfer

pjonesgolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285356
  • Joined: 11/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

can somebody please post a list of shafts / grips they offer?

23

#84 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostLobber, on 13 May 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

How many folks who complain about the price of PXG have bounced around from set to set and ultimately spent more than a properly fit set of PXG irons would have cost them if they purchased PXG first?  You can put my name at the top of the list.  Who's next?

This issue is common and has nothing to do with PXG. (also makes for an awesome used club market :))

My hypothesis is that any properly fit set will perform as well as a properly fit set of PXG. I still have yet to see any data that shows otherwise.

24

#85 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Many will spend a lot of money on a luxury car that will get to the grocery store no better than a cheaper car....BUT the nicer interior, sound system, luxury ride all makes it worth the extra $ spent to obtain that driving experience.

Still waiting for an answer from Tiger!

Edited by BirdieBob, 13 May 2018 - 09:41 AM.

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

25

#86 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Many will spend a lot of money on a luxury car that will get to the grocery store no better than a cheaper car....BUT the nicer interior, sound system, luxury ride all makes it worth the extra $ spent to obtain that driving experience.

Still waiting for an answer from Tiger!
So the only difference in pxg and other clubs is comfort?

26

#87 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 676

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Many will spend a lot of money on a luxury car that will get to the grocery store no better than a cheaper car....BUT the nicer interior, sound system, luxury ride all makes it worth the extra $ spent to obtain that driving experience.

Still waiting for an answer from Tiger!
So the only difference in pxg and other clubs is comfort?


BREAKIING NEWS!!   You could say that about any club.

Good luck on your search for the Holy Grail club.

Edited by BirdieBob, 13 May 2018 - 09:53 AM.

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

27

#88 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Western NY
GolfWRX Likes : 3027

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Many will spend a lot of money on a luxury car that will get to the grocery store no better than a cheaper car....BUT the nicer interior, sound system, luxury ride all makes it worth the extra $ spent to obtain that driving experience.

Still waiting for an answer from Tiger!
So the only difference in pxg and other clubs is comfort?


BREAKIING NEWS!!   You could say that about any club.

Good luck on your search for the Holly Grail club.
I'm not searching. Once you have properly fit clubs that you enjoy its up to the operator.

It's those selling pxg hype that are trying to sell them as a holy grail = smoke and mirrors.

28

#89 pjonesgolfer

pjonesgolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285356
  • Joined: 11/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 13 May 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 13 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Many will spend a lot of money on a luxury car that will get to the grocery store no better than a cheaper car....BUT the nicer interior, sound system, luxury ride all makes it worth the extra $ spent to obtain that driving experience.

Still waiting for an answer from Tiger!
So the only difference in pxg and other clubs is comfort?


BREAKIING NEWS!!   You could say that about any club.

Good luck on your search for the Holly Grail club.
I'm not searching. Once you have properly fit clubs that you enjoy its up to the operator.

It's those selling pxg hype that are trying to sell them as a holy grail = smoke and mirrors.

dont buy them then

29

#90 saggysag

saggysag

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152783
  • Joined: 12/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

has anyone found gen 2 discounted?    pls   pm


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors