Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best birdies made thread (or best holes)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Harleyweedwhacks

Harleyweedwhacks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457758
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

This thread is for those who have played like a pro and made a birdie in the most pressure-packed situations, or just a really good hole.

I had one that really made me think.

330 yard par 4. I wanted to fade my tee shot over a bunker that played 200 yards out from the men's tee (I was a shorter hitter then), and I hit it dead straight into the bunker. Took a 9 iron out, and hit it to 15 feet and holed the putt. Made me feel special.

Another was a stretch of holes, two birdies in a row. after sticking an approach to 1 foot on the 15th, on the 16th I hit the flag hard with my 9 iron, and it landed six feet from the hole. Hitting the flagstick was the loudest sound I ever heard on a golf course. Can't believe I made the putt.

Any stories about holes you played very well and thought were extra special?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Swisstrader98

Swisstrader98

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170802
GolfWRX Likes : 782

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

4 birdies on front 9 to start a 2 day Presidents Cup tournament which i ultimately won.

Never repeated:)

#3 pearsonified

pearsonified

Extreme enthusiast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357207
  • Handicap:3.3
GolfWRX Likes : 975

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

One day, I played the first 4 holes in +3.

While contemplating suicide, I made an easy 4 on the gettable par 5 5th, and I followed that up with an low percentage 24-footer for birdie on the par 3 6th.

The 7th hole is a reachable—but extremely risky—short 4. After two carefully positioned shots, I had 12 feet left to a tricky pin. With the putter heating up, I calmly knocked down the putt to record 3 consecutive birdies for only the second time ever.

Quick aside: The now-defunct Nike Golf 360 App had an achievement called "The Schwartzel" you could unlock if you made 4 straight birdies. At the time, I had recorded over 300 rounds with this app, but alas, no Schwartzel. Was today the day??

The 8th hole is a double-dogleg left par 5 that doesn't yield many birdies, but hey—it's a par 5.

With 4 in mind, I hit a solid ball off the tee that drew a bit too close to the inside of the dogleg, forcing me to make a difficult layup under/around a monstrous tree guarding the corner.

I handled the layup beautifully and had about 50 yards left to a front pin. I assessed the situation:

The winter rye overseed had just begun to take hold, and the greens were defenseless against well-struck wedges from any distance. I'm gonna knock it stiff.

Brimming with confidence, I stepped up with my 60º wedge and...promptly sodded the sh*t out of it.

"Who needs a fkn Schwartzel, anyway?" I thought to myself as I walked to my sad—and now muddy—ball.

With 19 yards remaining, I pulled the destroyer of worlds 60º once again. But this time, I was ready...to chuck that SOB into the woods, if necessary.

Likely aware of the violently gyroscopic fate awaiting it, the lob wedge sliced under the ball beautifully and produced that crisp, perfect "pop" you only get with a flush strike—so pure it would have made the Virgin Mary blush.

The ball took off on a perfect trajectory, flew just onto the surface of the green, and then rolled 3 feet directly into the middle of the cup.

SCHWARTZEE!

(No, that's not a typo. It sounds like Yahtzee; it's more fun to say than Schwartzel; and you actually have to yell this after 4 consecutive birdies—it's Rule 26-3.)

After the round, when I went to submit my score on the Nike Golf 360 App, I learned Nike had closed it for good 3 days earlier.

Alas, I never got The Schwartzel.
PING G400 Max 9º •• Project X LZ17 6.5 (tipped 0.5")
TM M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65x
Callaway Apex 20º •• Project X EvenFlow Black Hybrid 6.5
Adams MB2 4-P (22.5º-47º) •• Project X LZ 6.5
Nike VR Forged 50º/10º •• KBS Tour 130x
Vokey SM5 54º/10º M •• DG S400
Nike Engage 60º Toe Sweep •• DG S200
TM Spider Tour Limited 35"

2018 Tournament Index: 4.77 (super bummed about this, see results)
2017 Tournament Index: 2.66

Current anti-handicap: 5.8

#4 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

Home course has a tough par 4 18th, half the hole in two nearly separate fairways (strong lateral jag to right, not a dogleg). Harder still if you can't carry the water at 230. I cannot carry it. So I often hit 3w to the edge of the bank.
One day, perfect 3w to the edge. Leaves another 200-210 draw shot into a green guarded by trees. Second shot into green w 3w, draws and rolls up onto green. 10 foot putt for birdie, terrible greens. Took my time, read it, holed it w speed. Felt great to finish that way.
Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Nike VR Toe Sweep X3X, 56*, DG Wedge Flex
Nike Method Core MC 03w

#5 DivinDave

DivinDave

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417836
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Great thread. I have a couple of memorable holes.

A Par 5, about 530 yds at Garden Valley in Lindale Texas
I pushed my 240 yd drive a bit and ended up behind a berm with a sizeable tree on the fairway side of it.  More big trees all down the right side.
There was about a 5 foot tall "window" between the top of the burm and the bottom of a big limb sticking out in front of it.  The options were not good.  Either chip straight out into the fairway, lying 2, and have 290 to the green, and probably a bogie at best.  Or attmpt a low shot through that window, If I can get through it, and advance the ball, I still have an outside chance at making a par.  I figured what have I got to loose? If I miss the window, I'm probably in about the same shape as if I chip out. I had a pretty good lie too.

I smashed a perfect 4 iron right through the window about 190 yds with a slight fade. Phil would have been proud.
For my 3rd shot, I hit my 50* wedge to about 6 feet.  Birdie.

Next
Pine Dunes in Frankston Texas.
Its nicknamed The Pinehurst of East Texas because of the naturally very exposed sandy soil there.
Par 4, about 360, I pulled my drive a little left, caught a small tree limb and the ball ended up in the natural powdery sand.  The ball is lying between 2 trees but luckily, I have an alley though them with a clear line to the green.

But, there was also a big deep green side bunker between me and center of the green. I figure if I dont skrike the ball well out of the sand, I'm short of the bunker with a relatively easy shot over it.   If I do hit it well I should clear the bunker.  As long as I dont end up in that bunker, Im not gonna make worse than a bogie    I hit one of the most beautiful 5 irons out of that sandy lie, over the bunker and the ball stops about 12 feet from the hole.  1 putt and a birdie.

Next, Hal Suttons Olde Oaks in Haughton Louisiana
No 1 is a Par 5, about 550 yds which bends around a lake.  You can play over water with your drive and approach, or you can play safe away from the water and the best you'll get outta that is a par.

I hit a really nice drive across the corner and end up right hand side of the fairway.  I couldn't have plaed it there any better.   Next shot  I have to carry my 3w about 210 to cut the corner off the lake on shot 2.  Its 230sih to the center of the green. Whack! perfectly struck.
I have a 25 footer for eagle and I make it.

Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

#6 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 20939

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Birdied the 17th hole, a par 3, to win an interclub match as the last two players on the course and our teams tied for first place. Hit the flag and dropped it to 3 inches.
Ping G LS Tec 9 w/Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#7 ChipNRun

ChipNRun

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253750
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Had two crazy birdies about a year apart on the same uphill, 500 yd. par 5 at Eagle Green GC, a Dallas area course that later got subdivided (RIP, EG). The hole has a terraced green.

First time: Push a drive into rough to right, against a tree. I take an unplayable lie, hit a 5W over edge of trees, just short of pot bunkers about 60 yds from green. Laying four, I hit a half PW up five feet short of cup, and it released and went in in for a birdie.

About a year later, I also push a drive but into the open rough. I take a 5W, and land short of the pot bunkers. Again, I take a PW, but catch it hot and run the ball by the cup on the lower level, up to about 8 feet above the terrace.

A playing partner who hit long and straight was on the back fringe in two. He strokes his ball gently and it rolls down to the terrace and races off the front of the green back to the fairway.

A little nervous, I take a 7i instead of a putter, and hit the ball with a putting stroke. The ball popped up slightly, got a little check spin right at the top of the terrace, and gently trickled into the cup 6 feet below for a birdie.

This was a strange hole for me. Mostly birdies or bogies, seldom a par.

Edited by ChipNRun, 26 December 2017 - 03:45 PM.

What's In The Bag *...

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
  or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Calla X20 Tour 4i-9i / NS Pro 8950GH R-flex 97 gr.
Wedge:  Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS - KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |

MD.PM 60°/10 - KBS TourV-W 125 gr.

Putter:   Ping B60 / 34" w. Winn ProX 1.8 grip
Bag:      Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball:    Calla SuperSoft
   * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.

#8 Mnalette

Mnalette

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 364983
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:Mikecbbnalette
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

I had a stretch of golf in October of this year that was pretty fun...and interesting.

Got to the golf course early.  Playing as a single, didnít have a tee time and walked into the pro shop and checked in and told the guy behind the counter that I didnít have time for a full 18 and 9 would be fine.  I told him that I could go off the back or the front, I didnít care.  I wanted to play by myself to get a little practice in and play at my own pace. The gentlemen behind the counter said alright I will call you when we have the first available time, should be in just a few minutes.  I walked out of the pro shop, loaded my bag on a cart, grabbed my putter and a few golf balls and then walked to the practice putting green and rolled a few putts.  

While on the putting green the twosome that checked in right behind me began to putt and warm up.  I got the sense that they were unprepared or had forgotten some stuff back wherever they were staying because one guy borrowed a pair of golf shoes from the pro  shop and then his buddy said jokingly go back in and see if they have a size 15 laying around to borrow.

Pro shop guy gets on the loudspeaker and calls me to the first tee and I am paired up with the twosome from the putting green.  We shake hands, exchange names, and tee off.  Itís a little chilly out at 7:45 a.m., maybe 45 degrees, we are the first group out. Player 1. The guy who borrowed the size 12 shoes is freezing and wearing a black puffy down coat making him not able to put a good swing on the ball.  He hits two off the first tee, both toppers into the scrub bush on the right maybe 20 yards away from the tee and then hits tee ball number three into the rough on the right hand side of the fairway.  Player two, the guy who asked about the size 15 shoes steps up takes a couple good looking practice swings and hits one pure down the right side that ends up catching a fairway bunker on the edge of the fairway.  I walk to to the tee, take a few practice swings and hit a decent drive down the middle right of the fairway.  We get up to the drives and hit our second shots. Player one hits a worm burner that rolls up next to the front of the green.  I have 145 to the flag, pull out my 9 iron and hit my typical shot but it doesnít draw and I catch the greenside bunker on the right of the green.  Player two hits a good shot from the bunker and lands his ball pin high and it rolls towards to back of the green about 12-15 feet above the hole.  I chip out of the bunker and catch I fat and it lands short of the green. Another chip and two putts for a bogey 5 on the first hole.  Player 2 putts and leaves it a foot short and taps his putt in for par.  Player 1 borrows his buddies putter cuz he left his in the cart and 3 putts for who knows what a score.

We get to the second hole a par 3, and from the back tees I gun the flag at 212. I figure I will hit last.   Player 1 hits a decent shot but it heads right into the houses that line the right side of the par 3. The ball hits the tile roof of a house hard and makes a loud thud and he says Iím done I will drop up by the green.  Player 2 hits a decent ball and puts in in the back right corner of the green.  I think he hit 5 iron and probably hit it 220. Left himself a tough 20 footer or so for birdie.  I figure itís cold out, Iím playing at a lower elevation than where I live and I donít want to be short so I pull out my 5 wood. I take a couple practice swings at about 80% because I donít want to hit my 5 wood full and nuke it over the green as well.  We can we the putting surface from the tee.  I hit my 5 wood just as I wanted to and the ball is headed straight at the pin. It hits about 8 inches short and right of the hole and rolls about 2 feet past the hole.  I am stoked and got the obligatory good shot from both of my playing partners.  At this point Iím excited and nervous because I have a downhill left to right swinger for birdie.  I am last to putt.  After both of my playing partners chip and putt both ending up with bogey or worse, I put my golf ball down on my mark. Step up hit my putt and sink it. Yeah birdie!!

Next hole, number 3 is a par 4 dogleg right.  My playing partners say you got the honors, and I step up hit a good drive trying to cut the corner and land it right at the crux of the dog leg in the right rough a few feet off the fairway.  Both of my playing partners hit good shots that end up close to one another in the left hand side of the fairway.  We get to our balls and there is 2 maintenance workers mowing, they look back at us and then proceed to mow the entire front half of the green making us wait for about 5 minutes.  My playing partners are pissed, they are yelling, whistling, and trying the get the guys to move. I just proceed to wait.  The workers finish ALL the mowing and move and I am first to hit.  I have 155 to the pin and pull out an 8 iron.  I hit it good and the ball hits a few feet in front of the hole and rolls up about 8 inches below the hole.  Iím stoked!  My playing partners both put their second shots left and long of the green.  I mark my ball and putt last draining the putt.  Boom, back to back birds.  We walk off the green and my playing partners tell me they thought the ball was going to go in the hole for an eagle...and if I want to play ahead then I can.  I tell them weíll see how the next hole goes, thinking to myself I donít want to mess with what I have going.  

We get to the fourth hole a long par 5.  Playing the back tee itís about a 150 yard carry to to fairway.  The landing area is blind and the fairway doglegs right.  I hit first and hit it good and hope for the best.  Player one blocks his tee shot well right and we presume itís lost or we he will have to look for it.  Player 2 hits a good shot and it lands on the left half of the fairway.  We drive to look for our tee shots.  Mine is on the right sides of the fairway, Player 1ís ball is no where to be seen, player 2 is sitting pretty on the left side of the fairway.  They tell me to go ahead and play through and that they are going to look for Player oneís ball.  I say ok, and head back over to my ball.  I have 250 to the flag all carry and itís uphill.  When I gun the flag I see the mowers again on the green. I decide to hit figuring I wonít reach the green and if it does it will roll up on the green and not kill anyone.  I hit away and the ball is headed towards the green but I canít see it land.  I drive up and find it in the middle of a bunker right in front of the green.  I walk up to the bunker with my wedge and putter and the mowers are mowing along oblivious to me standing about 15 yards away from them.  They have the pin in and and mowing and donít stop.  I canít hit because if I do I will probably nail one in the head.  I wait a few minutes and they move to a different portion of the green and I hit.  Catch it good and put it about 5 feet from the hole.  The mowers are still going as I walk up pull out the flag and drain my putt for my third bird in a row.  

As Iím walking off the green towards my cart the mowers finish and the person who is is charge of the two who are mowing, a 60ish year old Lady is talking to them.  She talks loudly to the mowers, not knowing I can here her and says to the guys who were mowing donít let him get in front of you!  Iím like did I just hear her correctly?? So I drive away and across a residential street to the 5th hole a great par 3 over a gorge.  Number 5 is the best hole on the front nine and probably the best hole on the whole course. Its a short par 3, 130 yards downhill over a deep red rock gorge.  I pull up and see two different maintenance already on the green and they are spraying water on the green, and the two guys who were mowers pull up to the back of the green and they start unloading their equipment. Iím pretty pissed at this point! The 60ish year old lady is on the next top box which is close to the tee box for the fifth hole. She is emptying a trash can into her maintenance vehicle and then drives over to the 5th tee box where Iím parked. She drives over and starts emptying the trash can next to the fifth tee box.  She then proceeds to lecture me on how and why I have to wait for the workers to finish up the work on the green before I hit and that I am going to have to wait and play behind them the rest of the way for the whole front nine.  I get very frustrated and ask her why and she gives me some bogus answer.  I ask if I can skip this hole and play 6 in front of the workers.  After some back and forth she allows me to skip 5 and go to 6. Iím not happy skipping such as good hole but I donít want it ti take me two hours or more to play the rest of the front.  

I get to hole six and then proceed to hit a pop up three wood and know that I had let all the drama get into my head. I get to my drive and have 203 to the hole over the same gorge that continues from the par 3 fifth and now is what I have to carry for my second shot.  I hit it good but donít carry the hazard.  I drop and take a bogey.  

I proceed to have a par on hole 7 one more birdie on hole number 8 and par on hole number 9.  It was a weird round full of highs and lows.  The back to back to back birdies were pretty cool.  Made me look like a way better golfer than I really am to my playing partners.

#9 KammaQwazi

KammaQwazi

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16731
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

We were screwing around from the black tees one day (tips at our course). I think I was still in high school or early college, playing with some buddies that used to be on the golf team. We got to hole 18 and all decided to play the hole with one club. This is a long par 4, with a huge downhill drive followed by an uphill shot to the green. This is probably the hole I have  had more double bogies or worse than any hole I have ever played. I picked my hybrid, murdered a drive and murdered my second shot up to pin high, in the rough to the left of the green. Chipped in from the rough using my hybrid. There was no money on the line and it was not a tournament, but it was probably the greatest feeling birdie I've ever had. I honestly don't think I have birdied the hole since even playing it with all my clubs from the blue tees.
Titleist 915 D2 (9.5 degree) - UST ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft
Taylormade R11 4 Wood - Stock Stiff Shaft
Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (22 degree setting)
Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Forged 4 Iron Thru P Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
Titleist Spin Milled SM 6 50/8 degree
Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport Putter

#10 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22581

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Was playing a 9 hole match with a friend back in the days where we did serious gambling.  He had lost the first 6 holes and rolled on the 7th tee. Responding to the opportunity, I hooked a drive into a pond on the left and he literally shouted out in glee like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer's friends.

Holed the next shot for a birdie and the cash register went cha-ching!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335269
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 1718

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

20 years ago. Best maybe not, most memorable though.

Par 3, 210 yards, raining, drilled a #2 to 10 feet, made the putt.

Best part, while lining up putt, lightening was hitting on elevated ground about 500 yards away. Got off fast after that.

#12 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22581

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

This was a gem from the second to last round of 2017.  Played with 2 young bucks who told me on the first tee I should move up a box or two.  Then I hit my drive about 30 yards past them.  Anyhoo, Made 3 birdies on the first 8 holes but hit my drive on 9 right and into difficult lie.  One of the guys says, "OK birdie guy, how are you going to get up and down from here you have no shot."  With the Almighty as my witness, I started a 7h about 20 yards left of the green, cut it, landed it on front and it rolled to less than a foot away.  

He literally looked at me and said "F*** me."

And...I made the putt.

#13 uitar9

uitar9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349721
  • Handicap:LOL
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

A par 3 137 yard hole with a steep ravine between and water on the right...with a groundskeeper fixing pitch marks watching me as I hit the flag stick, stopped two feet from, then sank it. Public pressure
WITB
KZG OS11 12 degree driver
Calloway 16 5-wood
Calloway
20.5 heavenwood
Cobra 24.5 9-wood

KZG 5-PW irons
KZG 52 and 56 wedges
TM Spider mallet

#14 CT10

CT10

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93225
  • Ebay ID:ladiesdayblues
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

During the summer I played the front 9 of my local course in 6 under, helped with a hole out from the fairway for eagle on a par 4 plus 4 other birdies.
We had arranged to only play 9 which I was delighted to finish on there and then but my playing partners wanted to see how I could finish the round.
Needless to say I started thinking about the score and the game became hard and 4 over on the back 9 led to 2 under par finish, still a good score overall but a tad disappointing from what had happened on the front 9.
The 6 under front 9 came in a stretch of 6 holes, the birdies were all from 4-5 feet approach shots,  all any of us could do was laugh, never had and probably never will do anything like that again!!

#15 qwetz

qwetz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467512
  • Ebay ID:ttije00.1
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Best birdie I've made is on the 18th a shorter par 5, hit a deep drive that just trickled into a hazard. Drop, hit my approach to 4 feet and make the birdie to win the hole and halve the match.

G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore VC 7.2x
G400 Stretch 3 Fujikura Rombax 95x
G400 5w Fujikura Rombax 95x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-8 PX 6.5
Mizuno MP-18 MB 9-PW PX 6.5
Mizuno S18 50.07/54.08/58.12 PX 6.0
Odyssey Versa #7CS

#16 tmartin89

tmartin89

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394608
  • Handicap:+0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

-9 for 9 holes. Birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, par, birdie, birdie, eagle.

Also had my first Albatross at the end of last year. PW from about 150 yards.
As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

#17 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3254

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Posttmartin89, on 07 January 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

-9 for 9 holes. Birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, par, birdie, birdie, eagle.

Pro? College golfer?

View PostDavePelz4, on 04 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

This was a gem from the second to last round of 2017.  Played with 2 young bucks who told me on the first tee I should move up a box or two.  Then I hit my drive about 30 yards past them.  Anyhoo, Made 3 birdies on the first 8 holes but hit my drive on 9 right and into difficult lie.  One of the guys says, "OK birdie guy, how are you going to get up and down from here you have no shot."  With the Almighty as my witness, I started a 7h about 20 yards left of the green, cut it, landed it on front and it rolled to less than a foot away.  

He literally looked at me and said "F*** me."

And...I made the putt.

Love it!!!

#18 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Skins game. Indian Hills CC in Riverside, CA. 25 mph wind. 1995ish.

7th hole is 300ish yards, but very tight and blocked by trees. Even when I was young and could get it out there 280ish, it was tough to reach due to the trees.

Hit a good 3-wood out to the right of the green, and had about 30 yards to a tucked pin on the right. Hit a perfect pitch and holed out for an eagle 2.

Very next hole was from the new number 9 tee box to the old 9 green (number 8 was being re-done). The hole was 385 yards and doglegged up and left. Hit a perfect drive that left me 150ish uphill and into a quartering wind. Knifed an 8-iron through the wind that landed behind the hole and spun back and left. Green was elevated, so I didn't see it go in, but the two groups on number 9 tee hooted and hollered and I knew I had just made back to back par 4 eagles.

THAT was cool. :-)

#19 tmartin89

tmartin89

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394608
  • Handicap:+0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

View PostObee, on 08 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Pro? College golfer?

Both. Played 4 years of college golf and now a club professional.
As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

#20 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

View Posttmartin89, on 08 January 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostObee, on 08 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Pro? College golfer?

Both. Played 4 years of college golf and now a club professional.

Nice. :-)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors