Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Skycaddie Linx Gt watch or Skycaddie touch ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cxissi

cxissi

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4266
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:gdb-golf
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

I have used Skycaddie products in the past and love their accuracy . I was considering the Linx Gt watch in partner with the my iphone the Gt tags could be fun for tracking my shots .
Or go with the Skycaddie touch , seems nice and compact just add a belt clip. ?

Which  unit works best  &  which would  you go with ?

Thanks Gb

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

I have been a long time sky golf user and went to the Linx GT this summer.  I really like it.  The tagging is easy and with auto shot tracking if you miss a shot you can fix it on the phone before you hit your nest shot.  Watch will give you 2 rounds on a charge no problem if that is all you plan on using it for.  I usually charge it 2x a week and play 2 rounds and wear it 24/7.  My iPhone basically gets through one round with about 30% left when done.  This is with the screen on the whole time (just felt like it took too much time to have to open up phone throughout the round but if you do it this way you will definitely see longer life on your  phone).  System works good and is pretty unobtrusive as you play.  Sometimes it will be a bit slow syncing shots after you return to the cart (probably happens 1x a round on average) but again nothing that is too distracting.  The stats gathering if you are meticulous about tracking is really great.  I have learned a lot about my game.  I can't say my game has dramatically improved (HC is down just under a stroke) but my score dispersion is much tighter round to round (no big blow up scores).  The tracking has shown me that I am pretty solid tee to green and the big issue with my game is scrambling.  So that is what I will be focusing on and we will see if it makes a difference.  If you go to the weekly scoring group post which is pinned to the top of this forum you can see scores that are input and if you click on one it will take you to the sky golf site and you can see the round in more detail.  I have 2 rounds on there this week so feel free to click on them and see what can be done.  I think if you are familiar the sky golf system then going to the GT is really a simple transition.  Good Luck with your decision.

Edited by sirparalot, 23 December 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#3 cxissi

cxissi

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4266
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:gdb-golf
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postsirparalot, on 23 December 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

I have been a long time sky golf user and went to the Linx GT this summer.  I really like it.  The tagging is easy and with auto shot tracking if you miss a shot you can fix it on the phone before you hit your nest shot.  Watch will give you 2 rounds on a charge no problem if that is all you plan on using it for.  I usually charge it 2x a week and play 2 rounds and wear it 24/7.  My iPhone basically gets through one round with about 30% left when done.  This is with the screen on the whole time (just felt like it took too much time to have to open up phone throughout the round but if you do it this way you will definitely see longer life on your  phone).  System works good and is pretty unobtrusive as you play.  Sometimes it will be a bit slow syncing shots after you return to the cart (probably happens 1x a round on average) but again nothing that is too distracting.  The stats gathering if you are meticulous about tracking is really great.  I have learned a lot about my game.  I can't say my game has dramatically improved (HC is down just under a stroke) but my score dispersion is much tighter round to round (no big blow up scores).  The tracking has shown me that I am pretty solid tee to green and the big issue with my game is scrambling.  So that is what I will be focusing on and we will see if it makes a difference.  If you go to the weekly scoring group post which is pinned to the top of this forum you can see scores that are input and if you click on one it will take you to the sky golf site and you can see the round in more detail.  I have 2 rounds on there this week so feel free to click on them and see what can be done.  I think if you are familiar the sky golf system then going to the GT is really a simple transition.  Good Luck with your decision.

Thanks for the great review of the GT . I snagged a nice deal on a like new GT watch with the screw in tags . Looking forward to using it on my late winter vacation where we have some unfamiliar courses line up . gb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors