Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Yardage Book Cover Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 biggys

biggys

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65297
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Looking to get a yardage book cover and I've narrowed it down to either CarveOn or Bluegrass Fairway.  I like the customization of CarveOn but the leather may look a little better on the Bluegrass models.  Would like to hear your thoughts on the two brands if you have one of these and if possible post some pics to help me decide.  Thanks in advance.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postbiggys, on 18 December 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Looking to get a yardage book cover and I've narrowed it down to either CarveOn or Bluegrass Fairway.  I like the customization of CarveOn but the leather may look a little better on the Bluegrass models.  Would like to hear your thoughts on the two brands if you have one of these and if possible post some pics to help me decide.  Thanks in advance.

I bought a CarveOn cover a few months ago. Customer service was amazing, great response time and it took no time at all to get here. Arrived in a nice wooden box, A+ on the customer service end. But honestly - the leather is really thin for the cost. Gets scratched up really easily - which is fine - but the leather is definitely thin and very pliable, can make it tough when keeping score b/c there's just no stiffness to it.

I just ordered a cover from Seamus during their 20% off sale, sale price was cheaper than the CarveOn price.
'16 M2 10.5 - Kiyoshi White 65x
'16 M2 3W - Tour Blue 75s
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F7 Single Lengths 5-PW
Cleveland RTX3 tour raw blade - 56* / 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5x

#3 Drudersh

Drudersh

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225353
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:Dwrv06
GolfWRX Likes : 2370

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

My vote would be for Bluegrass Fairway. Excellent customer service and their product is as good as it gets for the price range.
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

#4 biggys

biggys

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postdcmidnight, on 18 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

View Postbiggys, on 18 December 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I bought a CarveOn cover a few months ago. Customer service was amazing, great response time and it took no time at all to get here. Arrived in a nice wooden box, A+ on the customer service end. But honestly - the leather is really thin for the cost. Gets scratched up really easily - which is fine - but the leather is definitely thin and very pliable, can make it tough when keeping score b/c there's just no stiffness to it.

I just ordered a cover from Seamus during their 20% off sale, sale price was cheaper than the CarveOn price.

Thanks,  That was my fear in looking at the pictures that the CarveOn covers were a little on the thin side.

#5 premazipp

premazipp

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173416
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

I have a CarveOn. It's amazing. The leather is plenty thick for a writing service. The wear the cover gets only makes it look better.
Also, the guys over there are amazing. I ordered mine online and picked it up in person in Ireland while on vacation. They showed me around the shop, gave my kids some little goodies and even made my wife a passport case. Total class act!!!

Wishon 919 THI Driver<br />Ping Anser 23* Hybrid<br />Wishon 550M 5-PW Irons<br />Scratch 8620 58* Wedge<br />Never Compromise Milled #4 Putter

#6 brook

brook

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49240
  • Ebay ID:Bmac
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

Go to House of Fleming in Atlanta, Georgia. By far the best product on the planet

#7 biggys

biggys

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Thanks all.  Went with Bluegrass Fairway in the Dublin Chestnut color a few days ago now anxiously awaiting for it to be delivered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors