Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2018 Srixon Irons


331 replies to this topic

#181 maamold

maamold

    Matt Aamold

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5245
  • Joined: 08/17/2005
  • Location:Vancouver, Washington
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostThe Couv, on 12 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Hot dang sign me up.  I had the 745s and 765s and regret selling them both.  Gimme some 785/985 combo action!

Which did you like better the 745 or 765 ?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 Armour248

Armour248

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222589
  • Joined: 01/18/2013
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

IMO that 585 looks terrible.  That black border is obnoxious and looks cheap.  The 785 isn't bad but certainly isn't great either.

2

#183 huskie

huskie

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141061
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

I love the 545s and I trust new ones will be nice!

3

#184 williaza

williaza

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460154
  • Joined: 03/22/2017
  • Location:Newburgh NY
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

anyone have a guess when price will be cut? and to how much?

4

#185 1jcwallace

1jcwallace

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140201
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Newnan, Ga
  • Ebay ID:jdriver2908
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Based on this, I don't know if my 545's are going anywhere either. I still want to try the 765's though....

TM (17) M2 9.5 AD GP 6s
TM (17) M2 Tour 15 AD GP 7s
TITLEIST 915H 18 AD DI 8s
SRIXON 545 PW-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08/ 56S 10
CALLAWAY PM 60
CAMERON NEWPORT 2
PRO V1X

5

#186 LoveG

LoveG

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488106
  • Joined: 12/05/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

R2018-0291.jpg

6

#187 chris777

chris777

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37792
  • Joined: 08/20/2007
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

View PostLoveG, on 12 June 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:


Nice find. Conforming list has them up to 6 iron. Interesting.
Callaway Epic Tour AD DI
Callaway Epic 3w Tour AD F
Ping Crossover 3 KBS Tour
Srixon 765 4-pw KBS Tour
Vokey 50F, 54F, 60D KBS Tour
Taylormade Spider Tour
Srixon Z-Star XV

7

#188 Gstew1930

Gstew1930

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477542
  • Joined: 08/04/2017
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

Not a fan of the looks of the 585 & 785. That utility iron looks sick though
Nike Vapor Flex 440 - Fujikura Atmos Black 6x
Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron
Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW - DG AMT X100
Nike Engage 52,56 & 60
Bettinardi Mizuno C03H
TP5

8

#189 jrubell

jrubell

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59384
  • Joined: 07/01/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

LOVE my U65 3 and 4.  Would be awesome if they come out with a 5!  Hope it comes soon!

9

#190 danielryanw

danielryanw

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401790
  • Joined: 11/04/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

They had two years and this is what they came up with?
585 looks like itís been bedazzled.

M3 8.5*  |  Synergy Black Proto 70tx
M2 T3 13* DF  |  Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
P790 2 UDI 17*  |  Tensei Pro White Hy 90tx
'17 M1 20* hybrid  |  UST VTS Black 100hx
P790 5-PW  |  PX 6.5
SM7  50*F  54*S  58*D  |  S400 TI Onyx
Spider Tour Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#191 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1579

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:36 AM

View Postdanielryanw, on 13 June 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

They had two years and this is what they came up with?
585 looks like it's been bedazzled.

I hate to say it and I'll reserve full judgement until they are released...I'm quite disappointed too. And I'm a huge srixon fanboy. The lack of the blade 9 series is just an extra slap in the face
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
Rogue SZ 3+  --  Diamana B 80X   or   XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X  
P790 UDI (2)  --  Black Tie HM4 105X   or   X Forged UT (2)  --  Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (lofts vary)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"  

11

#192 linkerpan

linkerpan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134575
  • Joined: 07/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 416

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

View Postlarciel, on 08 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostLoveG, on 06 June 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:


looks alot like H818... nothing bad about that!

Is v-sole gone? Can't see it well from the picture.

I changed my 765s because never got along with the V sole. But I did love the feeling and the distance I got, so I may be in line for a set here
M4 460, 8.5 Rogue 70
Tee EX10 Tour, 13, Hzrdus Yellow
SLDR 19, Ahina 70S
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Vokey SM6 56/14, 60/07
Kingston KP1

M1 430, 8.5 Hzrdus Black 75
SLDR T 14, Ahina 70S
Stage 2 19h, Altus 85
910h, 21, 24 with Ahina 90h S
Mizuno MP25 6-7i, MP5 8i-PW
Kingston GSS
Mizuno MP-T5 52/06, 56-10, 60-06

Kirkland Signature balls
Bushnell V2 range finder
Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag/Ogio Ozone XX Stand Bag with Woodie

WITB Link

12

#193 nattybohknows

nattybohknows

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413022
  • Joined: 02/21/2016
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:16.6
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

The 585's look like the costco knock off of the 565's. The black looks ugly as sin and like it doesnt fit.

On the plus side my 545s still look pretty so I am set for at least another year

13

#194 autronicdsm

autronicdsm

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383994
  • Joined: 07/02/2015
  • Location:Kalamazoo, MI
  • Handicap:999
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

They look good to me, and so does U85. I don't think B&W photos do it justice.

I want to see new drivers...

Edited by autronicdsm, 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM.


14

#195 autronicdsm

autronicdsm

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383994
  • Joined: 07/02/2015
  • Location:Kalamazoo, MI
  • Handicap:999
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I guess I should have looked on the list first...


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image


15

#196 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 591

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.
PING G400 MAX 10.5 Fujikura Pro 2.0 65g R
Titleist F2 917 18* Diamana 60g S+
Titleist 816 H1 21* Diamana S+
PING G400 4-P Nippon Modus Tour 105 R
Titleist SM7 50.8, 54.8 and 58.12
Odyssey EXO #7 35"

16

#197 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

Really like the look of the 785. Hope the driving iron has a slimmer profile than the U45 and U65. Something closer to the P790 UDI or the X-Forged UT.

Edited by Gary Gutful, 13 June 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

17

#198 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

With how bad the 585 looked and how poorly placed all of model's stampings were from a design standpoint I was thinking that was probably the case.  Thanks for confirming. If you think about the process from the OEMs side it would be silly to think that the head the usga has to test would look anything like the final retail version cosmetically.

18

#199 eRock_Reno

eRock_Reno

    eRock_Reno

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383976
  • Joined: 07/02/2015
  • Location:Northern Nevada
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:erock_reno
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

I really like the new 7 series as far as looks go. Would love to see a new 9 series.
Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0° Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
Fairway: Callaway Alpha 816 15° Aldila Rogue RIP I/O 70S
DI:   Titleist T-MB 2-Iron DG X100
Irons:   Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB 4-P KBS C-Taper 125 S+
Wedges:  Callaway MD3 Black 50°, 54°, Cobra Trusty Rusty 61°
Putter:  Ping Anser 1 Milled

19

#200 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

With how bad the 585 looked and how poorly placed all of model's stampings were from a design standpoint I was thinking that was probably the case.  Thanks for confirming. If you think about the process from the OEMs side it would be silly to think that the head the usga has to test would look anything like the final retail version cosmetically.

Wishful thinking. I suspect it will be pretty similar to what we currently see.

Edited by Gary Gutful, 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM.

Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#201 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostGary Gutful, on 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

With how bad the 585 looked and how poorly placed all of model's stampings were from a design standpoint I was thinking that was probably the case.  Thanks for confirming. If you think about the process from the OEMs side it would be silly to think that the head the usga has to test would look anything like the final retail version cosmetically.

Wishful thinking. I suspect it will be pretty similar to what we currently see.

The head will be nearly identical if not identical for sure.  I'd be willing to bet the "srixon" and the 585 785 are in different orientations and wouldn't be surprised if they spruced up some other cosmetic stuff.  But in my limited design experience I'm pretty sure there is no chance the stamps stay the way they are.

21

#202 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 751

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

we need more pics, and i need to hit them before i make an honest opinion
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

22

#203 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostGary Gutful, on 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

With how bad the 585 looked and how poorly placed all of model's stampings were from a design standpoint I was thinking that was probably the case.  Thanks for confirming. If you think about the process from the OEMs side it would be silly to think that the head the usga has to test would look anything like the final retail version cosmetically.

Wishful thinking. I suspect it will be pretty similar to what we currently see.

The head will be nearly identical if not identical for sure.  I'd be willing to bet the "srixon" and the 585 785 are in different orientations and wouldn't be surprised if they spruced up some other cosmetic stuff.  But in my limited design experience I'm pretty sure there is no chance the stamps stay the way they are.

Interesting...

I canít recall a time where the USGA pic has been substantially different to what gets released. Maybe you're right and I havenít been paying proper attention.
Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

23

#204 Russ757

Russ757

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52489
  • Joined: 03/29/2008
  • Location:Chesapeake, VA
GolfWRX Likes : 1572

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

even if those were the final pics, its not that difficult to change cosmetic changes. Agree with the poster above, I doubt those are the final locations and possibly even stamps.

Never understood why companies feel the needs to out the specific model on a club ie 765, cg7, ap2. Taylormade jabs aside, there arent that many models released yearly. Just throw srixon, cleveland, ping whatever and call it a day
WITB Link

Cobra F6+ 10.5* Fubuki Alpha 70
Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
Cobra F7 Hybrid 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
Srixon 565/765 4-PW 110 Fibers
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 51* / 55* / 59* 125  Fibers
Odyssey X Milled 9HT

24

#205 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 751

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

when do they come out?

DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

25

#206 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 883

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

View Posthurricanes7, on 13 June 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

we need more pics, and i need to hit them before i make an honest opinion

"Hit them" before I make an honest opinion.

What a concept.


(Something a lot of people on here should consider before condemning a golf club.)

Edited by jonn443, 17 June 2018 - 10:36 AM.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

26

#207 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostGary Gutful, on 13 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostGary Gutful, on 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 13 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

With how bad the 585 looked and how poorly placed all of model's stampings were from a design standpoint I was thinking that was probably the case.  Thanks for confirming. If you think about the process from the OEMs side it would be silly to think that the head the usga has to test would look anything like the final retail version cosmetically.

Wishful thinking. I suspect it will be pretty similar to what we currently see.

The head will be nearly identical if not identical for sure.  I'd be willing to bet the "srixon" and the 585 785 are in different orientations and wouldn't be surprised if they spruced up some other cosmetic stuff.  But in my limited design experience I'm pretty sure there is no chance the stamps stay the way they are.

Interesting...

I canít recall a time where the USGA pic has been substantially different to what gets released. Maybe you're right and I havenít been paying proper attention.

Judging by the pics in the utility thread it appears I would have lost that bet! I stand corrected and you are right. At least I made it clear that my design experience was limited :)

27

#208 15th Club

15th Club

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248249
  • Joined: 04/30/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:cdbplc
GolfWRX Likes : 799

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

No that is entirely incorrect.  The whole idea behind the Conforming List with identification marks and photos is to allow officials to identify conforming heads in the field.  What gets depicted in the List's photos is supposed to be exactly what goes into players' hands.  If there are prototypes, etc., they are supposed to be listed separately, but just as publicly.

28

#209 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Post15th Club, on 18 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 13 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may have missed it.  But has anyone said these are most likely the clubs they submit to the USGA to be added to the confirming lisr and not the finished retail version.  

Often companies know the USGA photos make it online so they don't send the fully finished versions from a cosmetic standpoint.

As least that's what Ive been led to believe by some at the OEM's.

No that is entirely incorrect.  The whole idea behind the Conforming List with identification marks and photos is to allow officials to identify conforming heads in the field.  What gets depicted in the List's photos is supposed to be exactly what goes into players' hands.  If there are prototypes, etc., they are supposed to be listed separately, but just as publicly.
That makes more sense.
Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

29

#210 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

View Postjonn443, on 17 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

View Posthurricanes7, on 13 June 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

we need more pics, and i need to hit them before i make an honest opinion

"Hit them" before I make an honest opinion.

What a concept.


(Something a lot of people on here should consider before condemning a golf club.)
Meh.

I would never write off a club until I've tested it, but I also don't begrudge someone sharing their honest thoughts based on an early photo. Particularly in a pre-release golf forum. The forum would be pretty barren and uninteresting otherwise.

Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    nic19

GolfWRX Sponsors