Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arccos Golf

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 583

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

Anybody use the Arccos Golf app/tracking system?

https://www.arccosgolf.com/

Basically, sensors that you screw into the end of your club (grip end) and an iPhone/Android app to track swings.

Out of curiosity, if you bought this system for your kid, but left the Arccos sensors in the end of the grip during a tournament, would that be illegal (penalty/DQ)?

Edited by wildcatden, 07 December 2017 - 06:09 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 07 December 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Basically, sensors that you screw into the end of your club (grip end) and an iPhone/Android app to track swings.

Out of curiosity, if you bought this system for your kid, but left the Arccos sensors in the end of the grip during a tournament, would that be illegal (penalty/DQ)?

We use game golf  as do several that post here.  It is legal to use in tournaments as long as your phone isn‚Äôt out.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 07 December 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#3 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 07 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

We use game golf  as do several that post here.  It is legal to use in tournaments as long as your phone isn’t out.

Thanks. That's looks cool and sounds like it may operate better. According to some, the Arccos system needs to have the iPhone close to the sensors (ie. on your body). In addition, Arccos is not USGA approved yet.

On the Game Golf setup, do you just need to have that device somewhere nearby (and how nearby) to work?  Does the app have to be running on the phone to gather data (but phone not out in tournament as stated)?

#4 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 840

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 07 December 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 07 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

We use game golf  as do several that post here.  It is legal to use in tournaments as long as your phone isn’t out.

Thanks. That's looks cool and sounds like it may operate better. According to some, the Arccos system needs to have the iPhone close to the sensors (ie. on your body). In addition, Arccos is not USGA approved yet.

On the Game Golf setup, do you just need to have that device somewhere nearby (and how nearby) to work?  Does the app have to be running on the phone to gather data (but phone not out in tournament as stated)?

Sensors go on the clubs and there's a little thing that you stick on your belt.  When you go to take your shot you touch the sensor on your club to the small thing on your belt.  It automatically tracks it from there.  Once you fire up the app or site you can see all of your shots.  It even has an overlay that goes on what looks like a satellite image of the course.
Posted Image

#5 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

What leezer said.  You need to pair the device to your phone before you play.  After that the phone doesn’t need to be anywhere near the device.  After the round you can pair them back up and the data will transfer.  Actually a good thing it works that way because you will need to put in or take away shots and putts if you didn’t tag the shot.

#6 Circaflex

Circaflex

Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

I have the Arccos system and love it. Your phone does need to be in your pocket, but that should be legal as long as you aren't looking at it during the round. The app even has a Tournament Mode that removes a lot of the functionality that would deem it illegal during a tournament, like previous shots, what you did on a hole before, etc.

Using the tournament mode is USGA approved, https://www.facebook...?type=1

Edited by Circaflex, 07 December 2017 - 07:47 PM.

I play a mish-mash of brands and am an avid Arccos user.
GHIN: 2719293

#7 Circaflex

Circaflex

Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Arccos Caddie is now USGA Approved as well
I play a mish-mash of brands and am an avid Arccos user.
GHIN: 2719293

#8 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

I wonder what USKG thinks of the Arccos (or other systems that use a smartphone) because USKG says phones can't be out.

http://www.uskidsgol...and-regulations

Electronic Devices: Cell phones, headphones, cameras, and the like may not be used during play. You may use a cell phone to call for medical help at any time during the event.
  • First offense: Warning
  • Second offense: Disqualification

#9 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 08 December 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I wonder what USKG thinks of the Arccos (or other systems that use a smartphone) because USKG says phones can't be out.

http://www.uskidsgol...and-regulations

Electronic Devices: Cell phones, headphones, cameras, and the like may not be used during play. You may use a cell phone to call for medical help at any time during the event.
  • First offense: Warning
  • Second offense: Disqualification

There is a thread that Darter started on this somewhere in this section.  Basically, the local director where his daughter plays banned Game Golf.  Darter sent an email or made a phone call to National.  What ensued were emails from national banning these devices.  I then got involved on the back end of things with emails and calling people I know.  US Kids then reversed the ruling they made just 48 hours prior allowing the devices as long as the cell phone is not out.  You don't need your cell phone to run Game Golf, that is why you see a lot of juniors using it.  I haven't seen Arccos work, will tell you that Game Golf is phenomenal.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 08 December 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#10 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...f#entry16324150

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 08 December 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the link.  Looking at Game Golf vs Arccos, seems like GG is the winner because you don't need the phone nearby. Pretty ingenious with the little belt clip device.

#12 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

One other question on the Game Golf system:

Does it allow you to modify hole yardages? For example, my kid will be playing 7-year old USKG yardages at our home course most of the time. Can game golf be told the yardages per hole that you are playing from?

#13 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 840

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 08 December 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

One other question on the Game Golf system:

Does it allow you to modify hole yardages? For example, my kid will be playing 7-year old USKG yardages at our home course most of the time. Can game golf be told the yardages per hole that you are playing from?

You tag it before you tee off.  Doesn't matter what tees you're playing from it shows shot distance from where you started and the location of where it ended up from your next tag.

#14 kekoa

kekoa

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1802

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

Interesting.  Looks like all new Cobra clubs come with Arccos now.  My fitter said that the phone doesn't need to be near the sensor to get readings.  i guess he was wrong.  If it's not too late, I'd rather get my son's irons without Arccos and buy game golf instead...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors