Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anything new coming from Game Golf?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mikeberlin

mikeberlin

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 213131
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:golfermikekc
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

It's been awhile since Game Golf Live has been released and it's now discounted for the holidays. Usually that means something new is about to drop. Any rumors out there? Curious to see if they can keep up with Arccos and everything they're doing with their relationship with Microsoft (Caddy AI).

TaylorMade M1 440 10.5 Project X HZRDUS Hand Crafted Yellow 65 6.0
TaylorMade M1 3HL 17 Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Red 7S
TaylorMade M1 3 hybrid 19 Fujikura ATMOS HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 KBS Tour S+
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW KBS Tour S+
Cleveland RTX-3 52 KBS 610 S+
Cleveland RTX-3 56 KBS 610 S
Cleveland RTX-3 60 KBS 610 S
Evnroll ER7 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 grant2145

grant2145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467370
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Became a GameGolf Live user at the beginning of the 2017 season.  While I thought the hardware and tagging the shots was easy to use the software is lacking.  After a software update they pushed out in May or June I enquired what happened to the basic trend line history of my score.  The reply from the software engineer was that no one used those analytics so they removed it.  Since then I have not seen any updates to the software at all and stopped using it all together.  

They have a user forum that where they track feature requests, the last completed request looks to be dated 2015.  I would recommend Arccos.

#3 mikeberlin

mikeberlin

Rookie

• 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

View Postgrant2145, on 07 December 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Became a GameGolf Live user at the beginning of the 2017 season.  While I thought the hardware and tagging the shots was easy to use the software is lacking.  After a software update they pushed out in May or June I enquired what happened to the basic trend line history of my score.  The reply from the software engineer was that no one used those analytics so they removed it.  Since then I have not seen any updates to the software at all and stopped using it all together.  

They have a user forum that where they track feature requests, the last completed request looks to be dated 2015.  I would recommend Arccos.

I've tried Arccos but I really hated having to have my phone on me with every shot. Also, I was not able to pair my bluetooth speaker to play music and use Arccos at the same time. That's ultimately what caused me to give it up.

Hopefully Game Golf keeps going. Good product overall!
Evnroll ER7 34"

#4 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Rebuilding

• 5,256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45414
GolfWRX Likes : 1485

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Got this in my spam folder yesterday -- used the original Game Golf system about 3 years ago, and found it distracting and cumbersome to use on the course, so I sold it, but apparently I'm still on a mailing list.

Hello and Happy New Year!

It is hard to believe that the PGA Show is upon us again; we are excited to be there and show you all of the new features for GAME GOLF in 2018. We will be in the same booth location as last year #563.

This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool.  

Edited by 3 Jack Par, 10 January 2018 - 01:33 PM.

Callaway BB Epic SubZero 8*, Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
TaylorMade M2 Tour 15*, Graphite Design AD GP 7X
Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x
Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
Scratch FIT 53*/58*, DS grind, DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89, 34", 350g, Carbon Black Ox, black shaft, Pure Midsize grip

#5 TM_HOYER

TM_HOYER

Major Winner

• 2,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90581
GolfWRX Likes : 451

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

View Post3 Jack Par, on 10 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Got this in my spam folder yesterday -- used the original Game Golf system about 3 years ago, and found it distracting and cumbersome to use on the course, so I sold it, but apparently I'm still on a mailing list.

It is hard to believe that the PGA Show is upon us again; we are excited to be there and show you all of the new features for GAME GOLF in 2018. We will be in the same booth location as last year #563.

This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool.  

I am surprised that I did not get that email as I am a Game Golf user. I would expect that Game Golf, Skycaddie, and Garmin will probably be coming out with new products that are very similar to each other. Game Golf Live, Skycaddie Touch, and Garmin Approach G8 all have been around for a while and need to be updated.

Callaway Epic 10.5 driver w/ Project X LZ50 Handcrafted 5.0
Callaway Epic 3 wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
Callaway Epic 5 wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
Callaway Epic 4 Hybrid w/ Project X LZ15 73g 5.5
Taylormade P790 5 - AW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 Softstepped
Callaway MD Forged 56, 60 Slate w/ Project X LZ 5.5
Odyssey O-Works #1 Wide
TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

#6 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Rebuilding

• 5,256 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostTM_HOYER, on 10 January 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

I am surprised that I did not get that email as I am a Game Golf user. I would expect that Game Golf, Skycaddie, and Garmin will probably be coming out with new products that are very similar to each other. Game Golf Live, Skycaddie Touch, and Garmin Approach G8 all have been around for a while and need to be updated.
There was some more stuff about setting up an appointment to come see them at the PGA show, which is not something that I have access to go to, so I'm not sure I got on this list.

If one of them could come up with something that could keep track of shots based on when you actually hit a ball (the technology exists - Blast Motion has that capability), without needing to keep your phone with you or having to tag each shot to a sensor, so it would be seamless during a round, they'd have my money immediately. That seems like the next evolution in these types of trackers.

#7 Nic1972

Nic1972

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

View Post3 Jack Par, on 10 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

There was some more stuff about setting up an appointment to come see them at the PGA show, which is not something that I have access to go to, so I'm not sure I got on this list.

If one of them could come up with something that could keep track of shots based on when you actually hit a ball (the technology exists - Blast Motion has that capability), without needing to keep your phone with you or having to tag each shot to a sensor, so it would be seamless during a round, they'd have my money immediately. That seems like the next evolution in these types of trackers.

ShotScope offers these features already.
Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 (52 & 56); Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) / KBS 610 120 / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Vice Pro Soft White
Glove: Nike Tour Classic
Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2

#8 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Rebuilding

• 5,256 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostNic1972, on 10 January 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Post3 Jack Par, on 10 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-its-kind Course Intelligence Tool.  

ShotScope offers these features already.
I should have specified my other requirement--not a watch. I dont ever wear a watch, and could never play golf wearing one.

#9 jg1166

jg1166

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20018
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Just received an email and it appears they are releasing "Game Golf 3" at the PGA show.

#10 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147845
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

Looks like they might also be introducing some form of Caddie system :

"This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool".

Similiar I would guess to what Arccos introduced last year.

Guess we will have to wait and see what they announce in 12 days or so.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.9
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Im very lucky to live in Orlando and am able to attend the show every year.  I'll be interested to see if Skygolf up's the ante with any improvements to their Linx GT platform as well.  Their website just got a nice update and refresh this week so hopefully thats a sign of some new features :)

#12 mikeberlin

mikeberlin

Rookie

• 51 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Yep, got that email as well. Excited to see what Game Golf is coming out with. Better integration with the Apple Watch would be welcome. Also, whatever happened to the partnership with GolfPride to offer their tags being built into grips? Seems like a big missed opportunity.
Evnroll ER7 34"

#13 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

All you guys that have Game or Arccos, do the nubs in the end of the club ever bug you?

If one of these systems were to partner up with a grip manufacturer and sell grips with the tech built in (like the Cobra irons) I'd be all over it.

#14 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 04:10 AM

View PostErnie1060, on 21 January 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

All you guys that have Game or Arccos, do the nubs in the end of the club ever bug you?

If one of these systems were to partner up with a grip manufacturer and sell grips with the tech built in (like the Cobra irons) I'd be all over it.

I have used both the GG and Arccos systems and have never had an issue with the look or feel of the tags in the clubs.

Personally, I would hate to have an integrated system due to the problems of flexibility. What happens when you want to

a) change the grips
b) sell the club
c) switch out one club for another that week for testing

All of these I can do without any issues currently.

#15 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted Today, 02:21 AM

View PostFrankfurtDave, on 22 January 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

I have used both the GG and Arccos systems and have never had an issue with the look or feel of the tags in the clubs.

Personally, I would hate to have an integrated system due to the problems of flexibility. What happens when you want to

a) change the grips
b) sell the club

Those are definitely valid points. I meant as an options, not a replacement for the current system.

Between the two systems, did you prefer one over the other?

#16 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted Today, 03:26 AM

View PostErnie1060, on 23 January 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

View PostFrankfurtDave, on 22 January 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

a) change the grips
b) sell the club

Those are definitely valid points. I meant as an options, not a replacement for the current system.

Between the two systems, did you prefer one over the other?

I kept both and tend to float between the two to be honest.

GG
+ do not need phone
+easier post editing of rounds when needed
+lack of phone makes it easier when roaming/playing in other countries
+more flexibility with keeping older clubs for comparison
+can create rounds on new courses before playing to create a strategy and examine holes
-dashboard is slightly lacking
-tagging each shot
-no real progress on new feature/user requests

Arccos
+no need to tag, just works automatically
+better looking dashboard
-need phone all the time
-batteries required that run out every year and can be fiddly to replace. Plus tend to go mid round and you do not notice
-round editing it not as easy

Last year I used Arccos as I wanted to check out the Caddie feature that they introduced. This year, depending on announcements at CES I will stay with Arccos until the batteries go and will then jump back to GG again for a while :-)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

J_Birdie

GolfWRX Sponsors