Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

First time hitting a blade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rutgersgolf

Rutgersgolf

Lay up, Handicap down

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 452546
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

https://youtu.be/Ko_tgXWF7KI

I finally worked up the courage to try a blade since there was no one else around. I actually felt that it was easier to control the club face over some of the GI irons Iíve been using.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Rorys7iron

Rorys7iron

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438812
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

I play off of 13 and i started using blades 4 months ago, best thing i ever did, if you mean controlling shot shape when you say controlling the club face than yes, i wouldnt say they would help you control tbe face itself, thats more down to you or the shaft, what i would say is that the added workability is more obvious with the blade if hitting both gi and blade side by side.

Improved my ball striking immensely, what you lose in distance due the traditional lofts you gain in consistency and dispersion.
Callaway XR Steelhead 5-AW, stiff XP-95 shafts
Callaway XR 4 hybrid 22į Project-x 60
Titliest 915D stiff
Odyssey versa Works #1 superstroke
Nike engage 56į DGW

#3 Run44

Run44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489782
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Hey looks like a nice fast swing. Good sounding shot too. The swing plane comes ďover the lineĒ at the top like Jon Daly but if you hit nice shots doing it itís not a big deal. If not then getting your swing on a calmer plane could help you improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors