Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Favorite Putting Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 1380

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

I know this has been discussed.  We do more than these.  These are just my favorite.  Thought I would start a new thread to bring it back to the top.  Not in any particular order.

Spider Drill:  Set up 9 random tees around a cup 8 feet and in (making it look like a spider web hence the name).  Each putt is worth 9 points.  You put from each tee until made.  Goal is to have 9 putts for 9 points.

Distance Control Drill:  put two tees 15 feet apart.  Put another tee 8 feet from the tee you are starting from.  The goal is to hit the ball the least amount you can past the 8 ft tee.  If it goes past the tee you mark the ball with a quarter.  Then you hit the next ball trying to get it just past the quarter.  Then the next quarter and so on.  The goal is to hit a total of 5 (or more) putts past the the 8 ft tee and between the 15 ft tee.  If you fail to get it past a marker, you start over.  Once you have accomplished you switch sides.

3,4,5 drill:  Putt 6 balls from 3 ft, 4 from 4 feet and 2 from 5 feet. If you miss any start over until you have sunk your final ball from 5 feet.  You can also reverse the order, starting with 2 at 5 ft, then 4 at 4 ft, and finally 6 at 3 ft.

Champions Brain Drill:  You take 3 balls.  You are going to place the 3 balls at any random distance/spot from the hole and putt all 3 balls.  You will do this for a total of 6 spots for 18 holes.  Goal is to be 3 under after 18 holes.  Must go through routine each putt.  I mix them up from 8 ft. to 40 ft. depending how he is doing.  I always make sure he does at least one 8 ft. putt.  If he is 3 under with one more spot to go I will put it back at 40 ft. to put pressure on him.  You want them to be successful, but want to put pressure on them as well.  If he is 4 or more under with one spot to go I will give him a 12-15 footer trying to go low.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 441

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

My boy and I do variations on those as well.  We also play a lot of HORSE on the putting greens we visit.  It's competitive and pressure packed.

We also do this thing where he'll take three balls and toss them backwards and I pick the hole he has to putt to.  He gets five strokes to finish.

#3 darter79

darter79

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

We do the Phil circle drill at 3 feet and back up to 6 ect.  Also do a ladder drill a lot.

I have her put on a yardstick to work on her stroke. Best training aid out there.

#4 mbs_59

mbs_59

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429122
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Mine was always 21.  You have two holes and just putt the same one back and forth.  Closest to the hole is a point, a lip out is two points and a make is three; -1 for a three putt.  You have to get to 21 even and if you bust you go back to 12.  Probably wasn't the best for actually becoming a better putter as a junior but we would play that for hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors