Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 2 votes

Re: to groach. Thought I had a deal through PM

34 replies to this topic

#1 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85446
  • Ebay ID:timb012
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Iím the infamous timbo12

Iím back on the forum where I have been a longtime member and used bst quite often. The thread is now locked so i canít even reply to those who have verbally bashed me for a $25 shirt.

Itís really the least of my worries, but this is probably my favorite site that i frequent so iíll At least address it.

My mom passed away, and i wasnít on the forums for the past couple weeks. Golf was literally the last thing on my mind and i honestly donít even remember what the polo looked like or what it was. I pmíd groach and apologized. I truly felt bad, but then i read a pm from another user who said there is a thread about me. Honestly part of me was thinking donít worry about it.
But then i thought more about it. And Iíve been flaked on a lot on here. And Iím sure many have and will continue to be...itís not cool at all actually. But s*** happens! And next time i get flaked on i will think twice about getting pissed. Iíll give them the benefit of the doubt.
I hope that all who supported groach and said i deserve to get blocked are reading this. This isnít an ďup yoursĒ moment. Itís a calm down, you guys went way over the top on a $20 shirt.

Place yourself in my shoes, if your mom dies. Iím 37 my mom just turned 59. She was not in a hospital, she is playing outside with your kids all day. And next day doesnít wake up. Do you even remember a pm about a polo? How long till your back playing golf? Thinking about your next purchase on bst?

Since my mom passed i golfed for the 1st time this past Sunday. And i was hitting the ball too high and too much spin. So what do you do after that? Check on bst for low spin drivers :) low and behold i sign in and i find all this drama lol.

And of course there are the crazies that are still thinking well it  alerts his email. I started this forum so long ago, timbo12 is an email i havenít used in 5 years. I donít update my info because i typically live on this forum so i donít need an email update. Iím literally on here multiple times a day. If anyone has purchased from me they know i use Timothyles email. But i keep timbo12 around for Ebay and audiogon which i have a track record with. Itís difficult to sell starting with a new name, nobody trust you.

Anyways i have offered to pay up on my PM because I probably liked the shirt and i really did intend to buy it. I do intend to remain on this forum, itís an addiction that Iíve had for at least 7-8 years I hope this doesnít stop people from buying or selling to me. Because gold shops are way overpriced, stuff on here is way better taken care of, and trade in credit is garbage :)

Have a good night, i only hope this thread gets the same attention as the negative one. I could use the distraction right now, reading through all the responses

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

Golf shops not gold shops.

#3 Krt22

Krt22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
GolfWRX Likes : 1764

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

I missed the drama but I feel you about losing a parent early. My pops collapsed in the middle of a German train station at 58 and no one would help him because he was a foreigner. I was in the middle of a career change and ended up quitting early and took 3 weeks off to handle everything.

Don't let the sharp internet pitchforks scare you away.

#4 alexdub

alexdub

"Don't check out of your hotel Rocco"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263710
GolfWRX Likes : 467

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

I thought the original thread which took you to task was absolutely insane. People grabbing their pitch forks over a delayed $20 shirt sale.

I wonder why people are so inclined to riot these days— to judge without information and draw hard lines. These forums should function as a reprieve, not a coliseum.

Condolences during this hard time OP. Enjoy the peaks and endure the valleys.
  Callaway XR16 Pro 9* • Ping i25 15* • Ping G Crossover 4 • Ping i25 5-GW • Ping Glide 54* & 60* & BeCu 57* • Ping WRX Anser 2 • Pro V1 / Z Star XV / Chrome Soft X

#5 golffeen007

golffeen007

Greens Keeper

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83004
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

I’m sorry for your loss Tim. I️ know that has to be hard. Insane to think about setting up a firing squad over a$20 polo that went unpaid. Don’t let it get to you , people have one thought in mind , themselves. Best wishes

Ping G400 LST 8.5 - Matrix Ozik 2017 Prototype 281
TI Taylormade V-Steel 13.7* - Matrix Black Tie M5 80X
Adams DHY Proto 18* - Fuji Speeder 9.8
Mizuno MP-5 4-PW - Project X 6.0 LZ
Mizuno T7 Blue 50 , 55 , 60 - TI DG X100 120
Scotty Cameron TEI Del Mar II Long Slant 37"
Ping Hoofer White Collegiate
Titleist ProV1 X

#6 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• 8,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
GolfWRX Likes : 4059

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

I missed the original thread. But you can’t fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, it’s just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isn’t the big deal, but the principal behind it.

I’m also pretty sure anyone that bashed would be lining up to apologize once they know the facts. But the reality anymore is that a legimate  reason is the exception rather than the rule.

OP, I’d pm a mod and see if you can get the original thread reopened, and post your same information from your post here. That way it will get to all those who were in that thread.

And most importantly, condolences on the loss of your mother.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#7 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

Wow krt22 thatís just aweful. Iím sorry that you have that last memory of your pops. Thatís not an easy thing to process. Iím in your same boat with my career I started my new job oct 9th...my moms birthday.

Thanks to the others as well for the kind words and thoughts. You guys are the reason why i have been part of this site for so long.

Best wishes and happy holidays to you!

#8 jschwarb

jschwarb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

I lost my Dad just over two months ago and it effing hurts like hell. Sorry for your loss.

I hope this makes people think twice about those sorts of threads. If someone ends up with someone else's $2,000 Scotty without paying, that's one thing. But there's a lot of piling on for far lesser incidents and some people need to get a life.

#9 Olliesmucker

Olliesmucker

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394704
  • Handicap:22
  • Ebay ID:Olliesmucker
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

I can understand people venting when they think they are scammed. It seems like there is so much of this happening lately.  But people must understand that sometimes there are legitimate reasons for the late payment or forgetting to pay. A family emergency is definately a legitimate reason, and the death of a parent beyond a doubt a legitimate reason. Hopefully an apology or 2 come your way.  My condolences to you on the loss of your mother. Family ALWAYS comes first over anything.

#10 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
GolfWRX Likes : 2705

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Link to the original thread? I have no idea what thread you're talking about.

Sorry for the loss of your mother.

Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz Type C Prototype (VLCT Sp graphics)
Fairway: Aeroburner TP 15
° (tour issue) Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron Graphite Design AD 95
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Vokey SM5 Raw 48.5°, 54°, 58° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
oil can sight dot
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can sight dot
Putter: Piretti Bosa Proto oil can

WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 689

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

SOrry for you loss man.

I hope you understand that a tragedy like this is the last thing we think about when someone doesn’t respond to a BST dispute. It’s definitely a valid reason on why it took a while for you to respond. We just don’t know thaT.
2017 TM M1 tour issue 9.9 with Tensei Orange V3 70tx
TM R15 15 degree with Diamana white 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g
TM P770 4-PW Modus 130X
Tour Issue TM Milled Wedges 50,54,60 KBS Hi Rev 125
Cleveland Huntington Beach 1
TM TP Red

#12 Togatown22

Togatown22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14577
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:togatown22
GolfWRX Likes : 1118

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for your loss.  Can't imagine going through that, I'm the same age as you.

here's the original thread:  http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1566420-i-thought-i-had-a-deal-through-pm/page__p__16467076#entry16467076  

you might want to copy your original post in this thread and paste it in that thread so everyone knows what's going on.  People around here are generally very understanding once they know what's going on.
Epic 10.5 Speeder Tour Spec S 74
917F3 15 Speeder Tour Spec S 84
816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM6 54.10S, 58.04L
TM Spider Tour black

#13 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
GolfWRX Likes : 768

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 06 December 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

But you can’t fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, it’s just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isn’t the big deal, but the principal behind it.

I’m also pretty sure anyone that bashed would be lining up to apologize once they know the facts. But the reality anymore is that a legimate  reason is the exception rather than the rule.

I'm going to disagree there.  It actually takes less time to not act like an a****** on the internet than it does to type up a post bashing someone and then hit submit.  Perhaps folks should maybe stop with the knee jerk reaction to one sided posts and not pick up the digital pitchforks and torches so quickly.
GBB w/Rogue/KK shafts on rotation
XTD Ti hybrid w/red tie
RSI TP w/s400
MD3's in 52 and 58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

#14 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• 8,069 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostGraymulligan, on 06 December 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

But you can’t fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, it’s just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isn’t the big deal, but the principal behind it.

I'm going to disagree there.  It actually takes less time to not act like an a****** on the internet than it does to type up a post bashing someone and then hit submit.  Perhaps folks should maybe stop with the knee jerk reaction to one sided posts and not pick up the digital pitchforks and torches so quickly.

Fair enough. But what is quickly?  I didn’t see a timeline from when the original thread occurred and this recent one.

It’s easy in hindsight to say people reacted too quickly.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#15 cvvorst

cvvorst

Major Winner

• 2,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125478
GolfWRX Likes : 831

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

I missed the original thread. But you can’t fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, it’s just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isn’t the big deal, but the principal behind it.

OP, I’d pm a mod and see if you can get the original thread reopened, and post your same information from your post here. That way it will get to all those who were in that thread.

I kind of disagree. We seem pretty quick to rush to judgement in this forum, and often times we don't have all the facts. (pretty much every time if we are only hearing from one party)

I believe the OP in this thread, and I truly feel for him. I can't imagine how I would deal with the same thing.

I do understand why the poster who was selling the shirt was annoyed, but if we started threads every time a buyer or seller backed out halfway through negotiations, this whole section would be flooded every single day. I'm not surprised the last thread was locked, I hope the poster closed it himself after realizing he might have overreacted.

I finally found a driver shaft I really like in the T1100, but I still plan on testing new shafts. I just got a pxg 0311T 3 and 4 iron, I might sub them in for the hybrids depending how I like them. I'm currently using a Toulon Indianapolis, but I am also testing an Evnroll ER7

Ping G400 10.5 - HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5 or Graphite Design AD TP 6x
Ping G400 Stretch AD TP 7X
Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana D+ 90X
Titleist 816 H2 23 - Diamana D+ 100 X
5 to PW PXG 0311T - Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58M
Toulon Indianapolis or Evnroll ER7

#16 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• 8,069 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postcvvorst, on 06 December 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I missed the original thread. But you canít fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, itís just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isnít the big deal, but the principal behind it.

Iím also pretty sure anyone that bashed would be lining up to apologize once they know the facts. But the reality anymore is that a legimate  reason is the exception rather than the rule.

OP, Iíd pm a mod and see if you can get the original thread reopened, and post your same information from your post here. That way it will get to all those who were in that thread.

I kind of disagree. We seem pretty quick to rush to judgement in this forum, and often times we don't have all the facts. (pretty much every time if we are only hearing from one party)

I believe the OP in this thread, and I truly feel for him. I can't imagine how I would deal with the same thing.

I do understand why the poster who was selling the shirt was annoyed, but if we started threads every time a buyer or seller backed out halfway through negotiations, this whole section would be flooded every single day. I'm not surprised the last thread was locked, I hope the poster closed it himself after realizing he might have overreacted.

Graymulligan said essentially the same thing. And I fully admit to not being aware of the original thread or situation, so you guys could very well be 100% correct.

But I just canít help but feel a little of this is coming about because of what has been found out today. Would the feeling be the same if this thread had never started?

Edited by deadsolid...shank, 06 December 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#17 cvvorst

cvvorst

Major Winner

• 2,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125478
GolfWRX Likes : 831

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 06 December 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I missed the original thread. But you canít fault the people that participated in it. They had no way of knowing the extenuating circumstances. To them, itís just another of the many of these type threads that are  starting.  The dollar amount isnít the big deal, but the principal behind it.

Iím also pretty sure anyone that bashed would be lining up to apologize once they know the facts. But the reality anymore is that a legimate  reason is the exception rather than the rule.

OP, Iíd pm a mod and see if you can get the original thread reopened, and post your same information from your post here. That way it will get to all those who were in that thread.

Graymulligan said essentially the same thing. And I fully admit to not being aware of the original thread or situation, so you guys could very well be 100% correct.

But I just canít help but feel a little of this is coming about because of what has been found out today. Would the feeling be the same if this thread had never started?

That's funny, I should have read it through before commenting I guess.

I think you have a good point, it's always easier to say this stuff after finding the truth. But, I think I err on the side of caution in regards to these situations anymore. I used to have a lot more threads here in DOND, but I try and only post if it's a big deal.

I'm not saying I would let a scammer  get away without revealing them, but I'm also slower to call people out.

Just recently, I purchased a shaft from a guy here on wrx. It was supposed to be shipped on Thursday via usps priority mail so I would have it by Saturday. Saturday rolls around and I don't even have tracking, so I emailed the seller asking where tracking was and when the shaft would arrive. I don't get a response on Saturday or Sunday. On Monday I email him and message him again. Finally I get a response saying that usps was too busy so he sent it using ups. I get an apology for the slow response, but he doesn't seem to care that the shaft is now going to be a week late. I was annoyed the whole week, and I thought about typing up a thread asking others what kind of feedback they would leave the seller, but I decided against it.

I had another seller sell me a driver shaft that was supposed to play 44.5, it plays at 43.5 or 44 instead.

A couple of years ago, I would have started threads complaining without giving it a second thought. But, I know accidents and life happen, and as a seller myself I know how I'd want to be treated if I made a mistake.

I do love that this forum has each other's backs, that's a pretty great thing in my book! Seems like there are a lot of people with connections on here.
I finally found a driver shaft I really like in the T1100, but I still plan on testing new shafts. I just got a pxg 0311T 3 and 4 iron, I might sub them in for the hybrids depending how I like them. I'm currently using a Toulon Indianapolis, but I am also testing an Evnroll ER7

Ping G400 10.5 - HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5 or Graphite Design AD TP 6x
Ping G400 Stretch AD TP 7X
Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana D+ 90X
Titleist 816 H2 23 - Diamana D+ 100 X
5 to PW PXG 0311T - Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58M
Toulon Indianapolis or Evnroll ER7

#18 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• 8,069 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Postcvvorst, on 06 December 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 06 December 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

But I just can’t help but feel a little of this is coming about because of what has been found out today. Would the feeling be the same if this thread had never started?

That's funny, I should have read it through before commenting I guess.

I think you have a good point, it's always easier to say this stuff after finding the truth. But, I think I err on the side of caution in regards to these situations anymore. I used to have a lot more threads here in DOND, but I try and only post if it's a big deal.

I'm not saying I would let a scammer  get away without revealing them, but I'm also slower to call people out.

Just recently, I purchased a shaft from a guy here on wrx. It was supposed to be shipped on Thursday via usps priority mail so I would have it by Saturday. Saturday rolls around and I don't even have tracking, so I emailed the seller asking where tracking was and when the shaft would arrive. I don't get a response on Saturday or Sunday. On Monday I email him and message him again. Finally I get a response saying that usps was too busy so he sent it using ups. I get an apology for the slow response, but he doesn't seem to care that the shaft is now going to be a week late. I was annoyed the whole week, and I thought about typing up a thread asking others what kind of feedback they would leave the seller, but I decided against it.

I had another seller sell me a driver shaft that was supposed to play 44.5, it plays at 43.5 or 44 instead.

A couple of years ago, I would have started threads complaining without giving it a second thought. But, I know accidents and life happen, and as a seller myself I know how I'd want to be treated if I made a mistake.

I do love that this forum has each other's backs, that's a pretty great thing in my book! Seems like there are a lot of people with connections on here.

Really solid post CV, and a great way to look at it.  And I think that is really solid advise to sit back and think a moment before posting.

Although I’m betting you don’t make many mistakes as a seller. The really conscientious ones usually don’t.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#19 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7204

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

Tim,

First and foremost sincere condolences for your loss. My Dad died on July 15 - and it still hurts like hell.

Now, let me also say a sincere "I am sorry" if my replies in that other thread were over the top. There has been so much silliness in the BST and I replied based on the idea, as I put it, of protecting the field. Now, reading your ordeal, I truly feel like an a## and feel tremendous remorse. I cannot speak for anyone else in that thread but for me it wasn't the amount as much as it was just another story of a BST deal gone bad.

I hope you can accept this apology and my sincere condolences. Even more than this I hope that the mods might open up that other thread to allow you to add this (perhaps join them up) because it most certainly sheds an all new and different light.

Life sometimes does happen behind the scenes. I, for one, won't be so quick to judge especially when it's a tenured and veteran member.

Again my apologies.
Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#20 coach_harris1

coach_harris1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88965
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

First off condolences for the loss of your mom. I couldn’t imagine how that feels.

I missed the other thread. But am I understanding that you agreed to purchase a shirt but never paid and that’s why they’re bashing you and calling you a scammer???  That happens just about every other time I sell on the bst. I don’t come on here and cry about it and smeer someone’s name all over. I just sell to the next one in line after an hour. No big deal really. Please correct me if I misunderstood what happened.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

Thank you guys for all the great posts. And i appreciate your condolences.

Medic, i accept your apology. My condolences to you as well, itís such a difficult thing to process. I know everyone reacts different but everyone feels the same. And itís an indescribable feeling.

I opened this thread because i thought that same as most of you. Iím going to start thinking twice before I react. I have been on here for so many years, i canít even recall the amount of times this situation has happened to me. Its frustrating, but i used to just think well maybe they are struggling with money and canít afford it. And then Iíd move on. But guess what i keep selling my stuff on here. Itís the perfect audience and no fees.
Someone mentioned that in my case of course everyone would be sorry. Itís so extreme. So what if it wasnít. What if i lost my job, what if i was injured, what if my wife left me, what if someone robbed me.  Like others have said life happens and we should wait to hear both sides before passing judgement. Your bst thread is really not important in life.

Someone brought up crooks, thatís is a different story. The OP never called me one but after reading that thread it sure made me feel like one. I donít blame the OP for being upset and asking for opinions. It just got very extreme quickly. For any of you who have seen the movie ďanchormanĒ and all the news stations get in a fight. Reminds me of that. Ron Burgandy says ďwow that escalated fast.  Brick killed a guyĒ . Being deceitful, ripping people off - they are thieves and thatís different. And mistakes happen too, we rely on what people say in their thread as the truth. Iím not upset with anyone over this. Letís just be considerate of each other because there are some really cool people on here.

I am very grateful that all of you have my back, it really feels like you guys care and are understanding of a complex situation

#22 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

Coach Harris,

Yes you are correct. I offered an amount. He agreed. I asked for his PayPal. He sent me paypal. And my mom passed away that night.  today i logged in for the 1st time since then. Itís been a couple weeks now. Right before thanksgiving.

#23 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438332
  • Handicap:9-18
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Excuses are like a**holes, everyone has one.

Unless you are unconscious or dont have access to any communication medium you should not enter into agreements that require replies. If you have so many agreements in place that you cant keep up then do fewer or have someone else do the tracking for you.

It take 2 minutes to let someone know what is going on. Both my parents and a brother are gone and from what I remember there was some times when everyone just wanted to be alone for a while.

#24 chocolate_rehab

chocolate_rehab

look good, play good

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381886
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 December 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Unless you are unconscious or dont have access to any communication medium you should not enter into agreements that require replies. If you have so many agreements in place that you cant keep up then do fewer or have someone else do the tracking for you.
It take 2 minutes to let someone know what is going on. Both my parents and a brother are gone and from what I remember there was some times when everyone just wanted to be alone for a while.

You really should rethink your priorities.
Ping G400 SF Tec 12*
Ping G400 SF Tec 3w, 5w
Ping G400 4H
Ping i200 5-UW
Callaway MD3 54* and PM 58*
Edel Columbia Custom

#25 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438332
  • Handicap:9-18
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:49 AM

View Postchocolate_rehab, on 07 December 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

How I treat others is high on the list.

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 December 2017 - 05:09 AM.

#26 coach_harris1

coach_harris1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88965
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 December 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

Lol really?!  Your last sentence is so contradictory.

#27 timbo12

timbo12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Maddmaxx

You can also replace excuses with opinions on your first statement.

Just based on your one post, i find myself judging you and thinking that i know what type of person you are. Itís natural for everyone to think a certain way because your opinion doesnít match theirs.

Had you taken that first line out of that post, our opinion could have been completely different

I respect your opinion, you must have had a similar or bad experience. And itís frustrating...some people let it go and some people let it boil. Iím sure there are many people that can suffer loss and still be able to hold up to their commitments. I forgot about this item, got bashed. I forgot to pay my hoa fee, got penalized $50. I also forgot my water softener bill as well. I think autodraft Spoils us, makes me less organized. To those companies it doesnít matter circumstance, i didnít follow through with my commitment. And thatís your stance on it

Iím married have 4 kids (2,4,9,12) my mom has 4 siblings, my grandma found my mom that morning. My mom lives 5hrs drive away. So 10 hr road trips during thanksgiving week. 3 times in 1 week Iím planning the funeral and cremation, figuring out finances to pick up the $7000 funeral and cremation. Kids have school still and i have been working still...we are a single income family. Fmla wonít cut it. The 2 minutes you speak of. If i could buy more
Minutes In a day i would. You donít know my life and i donít know yours. I havenít walked in your shoes. Losing both parents and a sibling, that changes a man. Just because i lost my mom doesnít mean Iím an expert and know what you are going through and what you can and canít do. It sounds like you do.

Edited by timbo12, 07 December 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#28 GOUFGO

GOUFGO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349401
  • Ebay ID:tomebrown
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

View Posttimbo12, on 07 December 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Maddmaxx

You can also replace excuses with opinions on your first statement.

Just based on your one post, i find myself judging you and thinking that i know what type of person you are. It's natural for everyone to think a certain way because your opinion doesn't match theirs.

Had you taken that first line out of that post, our opinion could have been completely different

I respect your opinion, you must have had a similar or bad experience. And it's frustrating...some people let it go and some people let it boil. I'm sure there are many people that can suffer loss and still be able to hold up to their commitments. I forgot about this item, got bashed. I forgot to pay my hoa fee, got penalized $50. I also forgot my water softener bill as well. I think autodraft Spoils us, makes me less organized. To those companies it doesn't matter circumstance, i didn't follow through with my commitment. And that's your stance on it

I'm married have 4 kids (2,4,9,12) my mom has 4 siblings, my grandma found my mom that morning. My mom lives 5hrs drive away. So 10 hr road trips during thanksgiving week. 3 times in 1 week I'm planning the funeral and cremation, figuring out finances to pick up the $7000 funeral and cremation. Kids have school still and i have been working still...we are a single income family. Fmla won't cut it. The 2 minutes you speak of. If i could buy more
Minutes In a day i would. You don't know my life and i don't know yours. I haven't walked in your shoes. Losing both parents and a sibling, that changes a man. Just because i lost my mom doesn't mean I'm an expert and know what you are going through and what you can and can't do. It sounds like you do.

Timbo12, you owe zero explanation to MaddMaxx.  If someone can't see the nuance between a $20 transaction and a high dollar club transaction in relation to what you have been through in the last few weeks, then I wouldn't feel compelled to explain it to them.  Maybe when Maxx graduates from high school and moves out on his own he will learn that distinction

I am sorry for your loss and hope you push through.

#29 Krt22

Krt22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
GolfWRX Likes : 1764

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 December 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

Block list updated

#30 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 689

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

I always like how some assshole with 0 feedback preaches on how a deal should go down and what should happen in heir view. Madmaxx that was a ridiculous stupid response to OP.

2017 TM M1 tour issue 9.9 with Tensei Orange V3 70tx
TM R15 15 degree with Diamana white 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g
TM P770 4-PW Modus 130X
Tour Issue TM Milled Wedges 50,54,60 KBS Hi Rev 125
Cleveland Huntington Beach 1
TM TP Red

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors