Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cleveland CBX wedge users plesse comment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Meanmachinemoe

Meanmachinemoe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15279
  • Ebay ID:mohler1
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

How is the sole/turf interaction? The grind scares me since my miss is fat. Thanks

Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana Blue 60
Ping G Hybrid 17* (digitally lofted to 16*) Altus
Ping G Hybrid 19* Altus
Ping G400 4-UW AWT 2.0
Ping Glide 54* WS CFS
Ping Glide 58* SS CFS
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2-Ball
GHIN 9.3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 stevopagolf

stevopagolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4153
  • Ebay ID:stevopagolf
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

I like the grind. I am more of a sweeper on chips and short pitches --virtually no divot so i get and occasional fatty......Did not have an issue with the turf interaction.  Really good on square chips.  Can open them up.  Just a tad too large for my eyes which is why mine are on BST....  Went to Vokey V grind because i liked the Cleveland grind that much.

#3 wobgon

wobgon

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
GolfWRX Likes : 4346

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

View Poststevopagolf, on 03 December 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

I like the grind. I am more of a sweeper on chips and short pitches --virtually no divot so i get and occasional fatty......Did not have an issue with the turf interaction.  Really good on square chips.  Can open them up.  Just a tad too large for my eyes which is why mine are on BST....  Went to Vokey V grind because i liked the Cleveland grind that much.
The ones you have on bst are not CBX......I like your pup....

#4 stevopagolf

stevopagolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4153
  • Ebay ID:stevopagolf
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

View Postwobgon, on 03 December 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

View Poststevopagolf, on 03 December 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

The ones you have on bst are not CBX......I like your pup....

RTX 3  CB you are correct, similar v sole grind I believe... thanks he is 9 now.  Still a pup.

#5 golf ironman

golf ironman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231873
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have been playing the CBX 56 a d 52 since October 15th (I'm a 13.7 and with a better short than long game) and my miss is more fat than thin. I love these wedges and have no issues with turf interaction whatsoever. They are ridiculously accurate and forgiving as hell , helping me hit the 80s far more consistently. I was afraid to open up the 56 after reading the reviews. It ventured out and now am totally comfortable opening the face and flopping around the green. Other than my Ping G30, these are the best purchase I've made, hands down. I never hit the 52 well, but the CBX 52 has me pointing and shooting from 112 yards. No matter how ugly people think they are, I'm.never going back (and I loved my RTX 3s). For what it's worth the CBX is nothing like the RTX-3 except in face grooves.

#6 kmbean

kmbean

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25810
  • Ebay ID:stubins
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'm a lower cap (2.3) and I'm loving these wedges.  I think they look good behind the ball and promote confidence, but that is all personal preference.
I play the Srixon 565's 3-9 and CBX wedges, 44 deg, 49 deg, 54 deg, 58 deg.

A few rounds in and I really really like them.

#7 Cwebb

Cwebb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

It would seem that if your miss is fat, that the sole design would help you.  Unless you've determined that a low "effective bounce" is what works for you.  For most, this would not be the case

#8 gpleonard

gpleonard

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140609
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

I am one of the Cleveland Golf / Golf WRX testers and I have been able to put my CBX 56* wedge through its paces. I was so happy with the wedge that I bought a 50* wedge to go along with it. I have found both of these Cleveland CBX wedges to be a valuable asset to my bag. They handle everything that you throw at it and do a fantastic job. In my estimation these are a great wedge for the masses who struggle with their short game. Easy to hit and gets the ball to the hole. I have chipped in with both wedges and scored better than I really expected to. They are very good in the sand and also from green side turf. Also a great shot from 90 yards and in. Frame the ball really well. All in all I feel very comfortable with these wedges in any application on the course. My guess is most really low HC players would like to see a smaller wedge, but for me these are money. Give them a try.
Gil Leonard

#9 kmc

kmc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85048
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

I have been playing A 54/56 combo of Scratch 8620 wedges for quite a while. The grooves are worn out.
I liked the look and feel of the CBX. They were fine for my short game; however, for me they ballooned
badly on full shots. Felt great,but the ball flight was a moon ball. Obviously not good for me,but if you have any issues getting the ball in the air, highly reccommended.
KMC

#10 Cwebb

Cwebb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

View Postgolf ironman, on 05 December 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

I have been playing the CBX 56 a d 52 since October 15th (I'm a 13.7 and with a better short than long game) and my miss is more fat than thin. I love these wedges and have no issues with turf interaction whatsoever. They are ridiculously accurate and forgiving as hell , helping me hit the 80s far more consistently. I was afraid to open up the 56 after reading the reviews. It ventured out and now am totally comfortable opening the face and flopping around the green. Other than my Ping G30, these are the best purchase I've made, hands down. I never hit the 52 well, but the CBX 52 has me pointing and shooting from 112 yards. No matter how ugly people think they are, I'm.never going back (and I loved my RTX 3s). For what it's worth the CBX is nothing like the RTX-3 except in face grooves.

They couldn't possibly be as ugly as a Ping Eye2....and we all know how popular those have been.  Even guys on tour who used blade irons, have used them

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 cane700

cane700

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288027
  • Ebay ID:cane700
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

The CBX is a great short game option. It  works really well in soft conditions  and gives good results on fat shots. I don't  like it as much on tight lies in hard conditions  but the shots are still serviceable. I use it quite a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors