Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

JPX900 Forged or JPX900 Hot Metal/Forged Combo

54 replies to this topic

#1 Middler

Middler

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486136
  • Handicap:14.1
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Though it's the off season where I am, I'm ready buy new irons. But I've just come back to the game after 15 years, and the equipment landscape has changed considerably and I'm trying to sort real from marketing hype.
  • I really want that soft forged feel but I could probably use more forgiveness with longer irons.
  • I don't have any trouble getting the ball in the air so I don't want higher ball flight (I know shaft selection will play a role) and I don't think I want anything designed for low spin.
  • I am neutral on distance, more is fine but I'm satisfied with my distance - I wouldn't trade more 'length dispersion' for greater average length, and I've read distance with many/some game improvement irons are a lot more variable than most forged clubs. IOW, I'd MUCH rather carry 150 +/-5 yards with less run than 160 +/-10 yds with more run (numbers just pulled out of the air to illustrate).
After hitting quite a few brands/models, the JPX900 Forged is the best fit for me, but I am seriously considering going with (cast) Hot Metals in 4-6 iron and Forged for 7-GW? Fortunately the static lofts are identical, so I shouldn't have too much of a gap issue if I go combo.

Since I can't hit anything buy 6-irons at any shop/fitter/demo day, I'm at a loss on which way to go with longer irons. Any clever ideas?

Edited by Middler, 29 November 2017 - 02:58 PM.

Callaway Rogue 10.5į & 3W 15į
Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid 19į
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10
Evnroll ER2
Snell MTB Black
Ogio Silencer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 animalgolfs

animalgolfs

FL & OK

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212485
  • Handicap:Gut
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

We ended going with just the 4i in the HM for my 15yr old son. Hes a solid stick, great height on his shots & no need for distance.

We ended up in just the 4i due to his next club being a 20.5* hybrid.

Edited by animalgolfs, 29 November 2017 - 04:14 PM.

G400-Max 9* Tour 65
G400 14.5* Tour 75
G400 19* Tour 85
G400 Crossover 22* Tour 85
G700 6-8 i500 9-UW{pwr spec} Recoil 110
Glide 2.0 STEALTH 50* 54* Forged 58* W Proto  
iwiCraz-e

#3 dmb3535

dmb3535

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77670
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

I actually went and got fitted just yesterday for the hot metals and here is my opinion. I am def not a fast swing speed player due to shoulder surgeries and was dead set on hot metals for a little more distance and forgiveness. After swinging with various shafts and heads, I ended up going with the jpx 900 forged over the hm. I felt there was VERY little difference in forgiveness and def love the feel of a forged club. Also, I plan on keeping them a while ( I am only a driver ho) and the hm will show more wear over time and the forged will always look good as long as you keep your equipment clean. But the forged are the way to go and I could not have been more dead set on hm. This is just my opinion, but you will find that there is very little distance gap and same for forgiveness. Mizuno just make great clubs

#4 Noodler

Noodler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344441
GolfWRX Likes : 276

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

dmb3535, on 29 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I actually went and got fitted just yesterday for the hot metals and here is my opinion. I am def not a fast swing speed player due to shoulder surgeries and was dead set on hot metals for a little more distance and forgiveness. After swinging with various shafts and heads, I ended up going with the jpx 900 forged over the hm. I felt there was VERY little difference in forgiveness and def love the feel of a forged club. Also, I plan on keeping them a while ( I am only a driver ho) and the hm will show more wear over time and the forged will always look good as long as you keep your equipment clean. But the forged are the way to go and I could not have been more dead set on hm. This is just my opinion, but you will find that there is very little distance gap and same for forgiveness. Mizuno just make great clubs

Why would you state that the HM will show more wear than the forged model?  You have this backwards.

#5 Noodler

Noodler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Middler, on 29 November 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Though it's the off season where I am, I'm ready buy new irons. But I've just come back to the game after 15 years, and the equipment landscape has changed considerably and I'm trying to sort real from marketing hype.
  • I really want that soft forged feel but I could probably use more forgiveness with longer irons.
  • I don't have any trouble getting the ball in the air so I don't want higher ball flight (I know shaft selection will play a role) and I don't think I want anything designed for low spin.
  • I am neutral on distance, more is fine but I'm satisfied with my distance - I wouldn't trade more 'length dispersion' for greater average length, and I've read distance with many/some game improvement irons are a lot more variable than most forged clubs. IOW, I'd MUCH rather carry 150 +/-5 yards with less run than 160 +/-10 yds with more run (numbers just pulled out of the air to illustrate).
After hitting quite a few brands/models, the JPX900 Forged is the best fit for me, but I am seriously considering going with (cast) Hot Metals in 4-6 iron and Forged for 7-GW? Fortunately the static lofts are identical, so I shouldn't have too much of a gap issue if I go combo.

Since I can't hit anything buy 6-irons at any shop/fitter/demo day, I'm at a loss on which way to go with longer irons. Any clever ideas?

The "soft forged feel" is one of those golf myths that is so ingrained in the industry-speak (and golfers in general) that I doubt it will ever go away.

Forging is just a different process to create a club than using an investment cast method.  There is nothing inherently softer feeling about a forged club.  Although the metal used is often a bit softer on the metallurgical scale, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference between 1025 and 431 or 17-4 stainless IF the design of the heads were identical.

It's the head design that you feel (along with the shaft properties).  It has nothing to do with whether the head was forged or cast.  It just so happens that most head designs that feel better, also happen to be forged.

Edited by Noodler, 29 November 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#6 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,834 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

I have had a combo set, a hot metal set and a forged set of jpx 900. The hot metals feel better. Heck the hot metals wedges felt better then my miura wedges. If you struggle with irons go hot metal. If you struggle with long irons do a combo set. If you just want the game to be easy go hot metal.
Taylormade M3 VA composites slay
Callaway gbb epic sz 3 wood
Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
callaway rogue 4 hybrid
Epon 705 5-7/ 503 8-pw dg pro s300
Vokey sm7 raw 50f, 54s, 58d
taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
ping hoofer
Titleist prov 1x "make some noise"

#7 Middler

Middler

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486136
  • Handicap:14.1
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Noodler, on 29 November 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

The "soft forged feel" is one of those golf myths that is so ingrained in the industry-speak (and golfers in general) that I doubt it will ever go away.

Forging is just a different process to create a club than using an investment cast method.  There is nothing inherently softer feeling about a forged club.  Although the metal used is often a bit softer on the metallurgical scale, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference between 1025 and 431 or 17-4 stainless IF the design of the heads were identical.

It's the head design that you feel (along with the shaft properties).  It has nothing to do with whether the head was forged or cast.  It just so happens that most head designs that feel better, also happen to be forged.
Itís interesting how this debate continues with adamant supporters and detractors. Some people insist forged feel different and others insist itís head design (as casting tech has improved) that determines feel. Iíve not cared for most of the cast GI clubs Iíve hit (the Hot Metals were the best cast club I hit IMHO), but as you say it may just be the design. Iíve neved hit a forged iron that felt bad, but the solid strike area is definitely smaller. But Iíve hit some cast clubs that I thought were just horrible (Iíll omit brand/models). Until someone builds the exact same design in state-of-the-art cast and forged I guess weíll never know.

And since casting is a significantly less costly production process, youíd think weíd see way more cast blades if thereís no difference in feel.

Is ďgrain flow forgingĒ marketing speak too?

Edited by Middler, 30 November 2017 - 05:35 AM.

Callaway Rogue 10.5į & 3W 15į
Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid 19į
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10
Evnroll ER2
Snell MTB Black
Ogio Silencer

#8 Chuck905

Chuck905

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thatís false.

A cast iron could never replicate the same feel as a forged iron.

Some manufacturers do make a great feeling cast club, itís very surprising.

Anyways, contrary to your statement; go hit the MD3 cast wedge vs the MDF wedge, they feel different despite being close in head shape, shaft and grip; for argument sakes is near indentical for intents and purposes. The forged wedge feels better.

Casting inherently has internal voids and the grain structure are randomly scattered vs forged where the grains are elongated, uniformed and can further be densed/compressed for greater feel.

Visualize a Swiss cheese vs American cheddar, what would that do to your irons?

Epic SZ 8*
3&5 Steelhead XR
3-PW Mizuno 900T 1* strong and 1* upright
51* and 57* Callaway MDF
Ping Redwood Anser at 36Ē

#9 dmb3535

dmb3535

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77670
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

Noodler, on 29 November 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

dmb3535, on 29 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Why would you state that the HM will show more wear than the forged model?  You have this backwards.

Your right, I was in a hurry and got clubs and words mixed up. I meant to say if you plan on keeping a long time, hm will not show as much as forged. But as long as you take care of forges, they should stay oooking good as well. My bad, I should have read before I posted

#10 nsxguy

nsxguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1406

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Chuck905, on 29 November 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

That's false.

A cast iron could never replicate the same feel as a forged iron.

Some manufacturers do make a great feeling cast club, it's very surprising.

Anyways, contrary to your statement; go hit the MD3 cast wedge vs the MDF wedge, they feel different despite being close in head shape, shaft and grip; for argument sakes is near indentical for intents and purposes. The forged wedge feels better.

Casting inherently has internal voids and the grain structure are randomly scattered vs forged where the grains are elongated, uniformed and can further be densed/compressed for greater feel.

Visualize a Swiss cheese vs American cheddar, what would that do to your irons?

If Ray Floyd and other pros couldn't tell the difference I'm guessing you probably couldn't either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Chuck905

Chuck905

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

You could simply just go test those wedges yourself?

Do you revere Ray and the other pros?

Feel is subjective but I can assure you that a cast vs forged processes makes a significant difference in mechanical make up and ultimately feel out put.

Thereís also many advantages and disadvantages between the two product segments.

I can write a thesis on his but my professional opinion is suffice with an engineering degree and over a decade of manufacturing experience lol....

Edited by Chuck905, 29 November 2017 - 11:04 PM.

Epic SZ 8*
3&5 Steelhead XR
51* and 57* Callaway MDF

#12 gdb99

gdb99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12032
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:burrdie99
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

Feel mostly relates to sound.

But, the OP’s thread is being hyjacked.
Cobra King LTD, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 stiff
Titleist 917F 16.5, Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Cleveland DST 3 hybrid, Diamana Redboard regular
Maltby MMB Black Forged KBS Tour 105S 4-GW
Vokey SM7 56M
Callaway Mac Daddy PM Black 58*
Odyssey #2

#13 joker21

joker21

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19227
  • Ebay ID:joker21_34
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:33 AM

I went 4-5 in hot metal 6-pw in forged. I love this set up. I haven't noticed any gapping issues. Hot metals are easier for me to launch in London my ienw as compared to 900f. You will notice more off set.
Taylormade M2 '16 9.5*
Titleist 917F2 15*
Titleist 818H1 19*
Mizuno Fli-Hi 21*
Mizuno JPX 900F 5-PW
Titleist SM6 50*F 54*S 58*M
Scotty Cameron Sante Fe

#14 Klap0001

Klap0001

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Have you thought about mp18 mmc's? You could combo with the flihi's in the longer irons. Mizuno has said the MMC is similar in forgiveness to the 900 forged. I'm switching from the 900 forged to the MMC I thought it felt a little better and I was more consistent with the MMC. I went 5-pw in the MMC. I didn't get the flihi long irons because they just didn't seem any more forgiving for me. Both are great clubs

#15 Schulzmc

Schulzmc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407104
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

I played the 900F for a season, and found they were too low spinning for me. Getting the ball to stop on greens was a consistent issue, even with short irons. If you go back and look at the early video reviews of these you will see spin numbers were weak for the type of club these are. In a couple cases the 900HM actually spun more in dry ball testing.

I switched to the MP-18SC and started stopping the ball much more consistently on the greens. I did not hit the MMC’s but would guess the spin numbers there would be better than the 900F based on my experience. So checking those out sounds like good advice, especially since you mentioned spin as a criteria in your original post.

#16 Nessism

Nessism

To measure is to know...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 8266

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

I've been playing Hot Metal's for a while now and love them.  When I manage to hit the center of the face they feel absolutely wonderful.  At the same time they provide some good forgiveness on mishits.  I came across a set of Miura PP-9003's a while back and just had to try them.  Center strikes on those felt even better than the HM's but overall I preferred the HM so the Miura's got sold.  Forged feel is wonderful and all but it's just one feature of a club and the HM's feel awesome on good strikes so it's not like you are giving up much if anything.

And BTW, the Hot Metal's are cast from 4140 steel and chrome plated.  They are quite durable to chatter and damage but they are plated and once that wears off the heads will rust like a typical forged club.  The underlying metal is harder so the wear should be slower overall though.
Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & E8 hybrid
Mizuno Hot Metal irons w/Recoil 95's
Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110's
Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"

#17 Rapatt95

Rapatt95

wow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406840
  • Handicap:lol
GolfWRX Likes : 262

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Clever trick since you only have the 6 iron demos (may have been mentioned already, don’t have time to read the whole thread before work), would be that if you hit the forged 6 iron fine, use that as your break. Get the 4 and 5 in the HM and 6-p in forged. If you hit the HM 6i better, then break there, going 4-6 HM and 7-p forged. Good luck!
WITB:

Taylormade R1 Black 10* Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue 65s
Cobra T-Rail 19* 3H GD Tour AD 65s
Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* Project X 6.5 (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
Ping Gorge Tour 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 54*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 58*
Ben Hogan Baby Ben

#18 Klap0001

Klap0001

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Schulzmc, on 30 November 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

I played the 900F for a season, and found they were too low spinning for me. Getting the ball to stop on greens was a consistent issue, even with short irons. If you go back and look at the early video reviews of these you will see spin numbers were weak for the type of club these are. In a couple cases the 900HM actually spun more in dry ball testing.

I switched to the MP-18SC and started stopping the ball much more consistently on the greens. I did not hit the MMCís but would guess the spin numbers there would be better than the 900F based on my experience. So checking those out sounds like good advice, especially since you mentioned spin as a criteria in your original post.

Spin was a worry of mine as well with the 900 Forged. I used a kbs tour90 in them which is supposed to be a higher lauch/spin shaft. Stopping on the greens worked pretty good. I was just to inconsistent with them with that shaft. I thought the MMC and SC we're very similar I opted for the MMC for a little extra forgiveness. It spins a little less than the SC but a lot more than the 900f

#19 reider69

reider69

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376572
  • Handicap:golf
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

900 forged have jacked lofts and that creates a lower trajectory.  I have a high swing speed and hit the ball very high so they are perfect for me.  I had MP 54s before this and I hit moonshots with the 3 iron in that set. I can definitely see where slow swing speed players could have spin issues with 900 forged.
Cobra F7 - Matrix Ozik Black Tie M4 70 X
Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
Mizuno T7 - 54 and 58
Never Compromise Gambler Flush, Garsen Ultimate Grip

#20 bcsquare

bcsquare

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486266
  • Ebay ID:tangray06
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

I was recently in a similar situation as you but ended up going with the Ping i200's over the JPX Forged.

If hitting long irons were an issue for you in the past or now, the combo set would probably work better or consider mixing in hybrids in an all Forged set.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*, Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G400 3w, Tour 75 Stiff
Ping G400 19* hybrid, Alta CB Stiff
Titleist 716 T-MB 3-4i, TT AMT White S300
Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW, KBS Tour V Stiff
Titleist SM7 50*, 56*, KBS Tour V
Toulon Madison

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Schulzmc

Schulzmc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

reider69, on 30 November 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

900 forged have jacked lofts and that creates a lower trajectory.  I have a high swing speed and hit the ball very high so they are perfect for me.  I had MP 54s before this and I hit moonshots with the 3 iron in that set. I can definitely see where slow swing speed players could have spin issues with 900 forged.

I have a pretty high swing speed and still had trouble spinning the JPX 900F.

#22 Schulzmc

Schulzmc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

For reference here are the average backspin rates from Crossfield's reviews of the JPX 900 T, F, HM (all are 6 irons):

JPX900 Tour - 5244
JPX900 Forged - 4518
JPX900 Hot Metal - 5191

MP-19 SC - 5383
MP-19 MMC - 5159

Edited by Schulzmc, 30 November 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#23 reider69

reider69

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376572
  • Handicap:golf
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Schulzmc, on 30 November 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

For reference here are the average backspin rates from Crossfield's reviews of the JPX 900 T, F, HM (all are 6 irons):

JPX900 Tour - 5244
JPX900 Forged - 4518
JPX900 Hot Metal - 5191

MP-19 SC - 5383
MP-19 MMC - 5159
I have a Skytrak and when I get a minute I will hit 5 6 iron shots and see what my average backspin is.  Maybe all the spin I think I am getting is just a dream!!
Cobra F7 - Matrix Ozik Black Tie M4 70 X
Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
Mizuno T7 - 54 and 58
Never Compromise Gambler Flush, Garsen Ultimate Grip

#24 Audi A-Fore

Audi A-Fore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3765
  • Handicap:4.6
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

"Forged/Feel" debate aside, I'd recommend the 4-5 in 900HM, 6-PW/GW in 900F. You could even go 6 in the HM depending on your swing and results. The 900F are great, I've been playing them for a year. If I have any complaint it's that I personally don't hit the 4-5 as high as I'd like. For 4-5i, I'm really looking at point and shoot, as high and straight as I can hit it. Keep in mind the 4i loft is a traditional 3i, so I tend to think some help is good. Maybe you hit your irons higher?
Audi A-Fore
Index 4.5

TM M1 10.5*, Kuro Kage S
Titleist 915Fd 16.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
TM M2 18*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S
Ping G20 20*, S
Titleist AP3 5-7, Nippon Modus 3 S
Titliest AP2 8-P, Nippon Modus 3 S
Miura Forged Wedges 49, 53, 57
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5

#25 nsxguy

nsxguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Chuck905, on 29 November 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Feel is subjective but I can assure you that a cast vs forged processes makes a significant difference in mechanical make up and ultimately feel out put.

There's also many advantages and disadvantages between the two product segments.

I can write a thesis on his but my professional opinion is suffice with an engineering degree and over a decade of manufacturing experience lol....

Do I revere those guys ? Hardly. But then that's not the point.

The very fact that those guys are as good as they are and can't "feel" the difference suggest that lesser players such as myself and you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can't either.

Thesis ? Engineering degree ? Manufacturing experience ? And you can tell the rest of us how things "feel" ? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Ping G20 5-U, DG S300

#26 nsxguy

nsxguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

As a 14, get the HMs,,,,,,,,,,,
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300

#27 Chuck905

Chuck905

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

You donít revere the pros but accept their opinions; youíre a hypocrite. Nobody expects you to understand material science and mechanical design.

Many users in this thread alone are experience better feel in the forged version  vs the cast version.

I play he 900T and itís a decent feeling as well.

Iím surprised the spin # are low on the 900F.

You should note the lofts on each 6 iron?

nsxguy, on 30 November 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

There's also many advantages and disadvantages between the two product segments.

The very fact that those guys are as good as they are and can't "feel" the difference suggest that lesser players such as myself and you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can't either.

Thesis ? Engineering degree ? Manufacturing experience ? And you can tell the rest of us how things "feel" ? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Epic SZ 8*
3&5 Steelhead XR
51* and 57* Callaway MDF

#28 Noodler

Noodler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Chuck905, on 30 November 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

You don't revere the pros but accept their opinions; you're a hypocrite. Nobody expects you to understand material science and mechanical design.

Many users in this thread alone are experience better feel in the forged version  vs the cast version.

I play he 900T and it's a decent feeling as well.

I'm surprised the spin # are low on the 900F.

You should note the lofts on each 6 iron?

nsxguy, on 30 November 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

Sorry, but you're acting like the HM and the Forged versions are the same exact design, just different manufacturing.  That's absolutely not the case.  The designs are different, hence the feel is different.

#29 Chuck905

Chuck905

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Your question is invalid, but, before we proceed; have you hit the 900T, 900F, 900HM, 18MB, 18SC, 18MMC, 18 Fli Hi, S18 wedges, T7, T5, Callaway MDF and MD3?

I game the the 900T.

Verily, that rounds out the feel spectrum.

Your input is rhetorical, tempting, wrongful and hypocrisy.

Sorry guys, Iím a true feel player and most of the assessment in this thread is consistent with my experience.

Back to your regular programming.

Epic SZ 8*
3&5 Steelhead XR
51* and 57* Callaway MDF

#30 animalgolfs

animalgolfs

FL & OK

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212485
  • Handicap:Gut
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Chuck905, on 01 December 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Your question is invalid, but, before we proceed; have you hit the 900T, 900F, 900HM, 18MB, 18SC, 18MMC, 18 Fli Hi, S18 wedges, T7, T5, Callaway MDF and MD3?

I game the the 900T.

Verily, that rounds out the feel spectrum.

Your input is rhetorical, tempting, wrongful and hypocrisy.

Sorry guys, Iím a true feel player and most of the assessment in this thread is consistent with my experience.

Back to your regular programming.

So, what's your thoughts on nuclear fusion,  In regards to black holes

G400-Max 9* Tour 65
G400 14.5* Tour 75
G400 19* Tour 85
G400 Crossover 22* Tour 85
G700 6-8 i500 9-UW{pwr spec} Recoil 110
Glide 2.0 STEALTH 50* 54* Forged 58* W Proto  
iwiCraz-e

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors