Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Is playing high school golf team worthwhile?

86 replies to this topic

#31 leezer99

leezer99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 29 November 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

View PostOffTheDole, on 29 November 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Your son has virtually nothing to lose and plenty to gain from playing on the team. He'll have competition,  camaraderie, and access to free golf.

I played on my school's team for three out of four years and it was a great experience. I have a couple of lifelong friendships from it and lots of memories of fun matches that our scrappy team managed to win. Also, one of our home courses was a top shelf private club I have to pull major strings to get onto nowadays.

If he's good enough and performs well at the conference and state championships, he'll likely get on the radar of a college coach.

Yeah, but the kid is 12.  How much camaraderie is there if a 12 year old beats out a senior.  He could actually be pretty lonely depending on the make up of the team.

I can hear it now... 'In today's announcements, the boys golf team defeated El Camino High School with Johnny from Roosevelt Middle School leading the way'.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 golfer55082

golfer55082

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433258
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostOffTheDole, on 29 November 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Your son has virtually nothing to lose and plenty to gain from playing on the team. He'll have competition,  camaraderie, and access to free golf.

I played on my school's team for three out of four years and it was a great experience. I have a couple of lifelong friendships from it and lots of memories of fun matches that our scrappy team managed to win. Also, one of our home courses was a top shelf private club I have to pull major strings to get onto nowadays.

If he's good enough and performs well at the conference and state championships, he'll likely get on the radar of a college coach.

Yeah, but the kid is 12.  How much camaraderie is there if a 12 year old beats out a senior.  He could actually be pretty lonely depending on the make up of the team.
This post is actually very funny and makes me lol...

#33 GLF4EVR

GLF4EVR

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242279
  • Ebay ID:wwpacres
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

First question is if the thinking on college recuitment is to be on a college golf team.  Then a definite yes!  

When I was on the high school golf team was the early 1970's I was in 8th grade.  We were able to go out for golf in 7th grade.  I remember for me it was great playing with the juniors & seniors in practice.  Besides being helpful, they would also pick on me because I could fire back comments real quick.  In tournaments they would always be on the look out for me.  Many juniors & seniors did not like an 8th grader playing with them, let alone out driving & playing them.  I always regret no playing when I was a junior & senior.  Was having to work after school.

#34 BNGL

BNGL

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
GolfWRX Likes : 443

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Play. Get to play different area courses with buddies from high school. I still remember the Three Amigoes, BigZ, TK. Those boys made me laugh so GD hard on the golf course. We missed school once a week, for two months. States and regionals were after school ended so no biggie there. If your son has a brain one day isn't much tbh.

#35 OffTheDole

OffTheDole

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258568
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Also, as I have said thousands of times, college coaches for the most part do not care about high school golf.

If the kid is good enough to play on the varsity team at 12, sure, he may find it lonely to be the young gun (by all of two years to a freshman). Then again it may benefit his game to play with older kids and compete against bigger and stronger competition. It all depends on the kid.

And in my experience, top high school golfers do show up on the radar of college coaches. Winning tournaments and shooting low scores gets in the paper, saving coaches a trip. It's likely those kids are also playing AJGA and amateur tournaments in the region, but it all adds up on the resume.

Good luck to the kid regardless of his choice.

Edited by OffTheDole, 29 November 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#36 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 1268

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostOffTheDole, on 29 November 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Also, as I have said thousands of times, college coaches for the most part do not care about high school golf.

If the kid is good enough to play on the varsity team at 12, sure, he may find it lonely to be the young gun (by all of two years to a freshman). Then again it may benefit his game to play with older kids and compete against bigger and stronger competition. It all depends on the kid.

And in my experience, top high school golfers do show up on the radar of college coaches. Winning tournaments and shooting low scores gets in the paper, saving coaches a trip. It's likely those kids are also playing AJGA and amateur tournaments in the region, but it all adds up on the resume.

Good luck to the kid regardless of his choice.

Top High School golfers show up on the radars of college coaches not because of high school golf but because of what they do outside of high school golf.  I have a kid that plays D1 golf and was recruited by several D1 schools.  None recruited or watched her in high school golf.  In fact, they all flat out said that they do not care about your high school career.  It looks good in the media guide and that is it.  Another guy who posts here very often has a daughter playing D1 golf who never played high school golf.  College coaches recruit the summer circuits.  They are in season during high school. The only time they may watch high school tournament is regional and state.

I believe in high school sports.  My daughter played high school golf and so will my son.  Part of bonding, camaraderie, and building for ones future whatever that may be.  Still doesn’t change the fact the college coaches really don’t care about ones high school career.  They care about AJGA, North South, State Amateurs, Optimist, Bubba Connely, Regional Amateurs, USGA qualifiers, etc.  Those are the only things you need on the resume.

Edited by heavy_hitter, 30 November 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#37 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 29,006 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 16039

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

This may have already been stated, but colleges and universities look at a player's tournament history, e.g., AJGA. They aren't really interested in high school golf.

Nothing wrong with high school golf...my son played for four years...but it's not the ticket to a scholarship.
Callaway GBB Epic
Callaway GBB Epic 3/7
Callaway Steelhead XR 5
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54/58/62
Callaway Odyssey "O" Tank 7

#38 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Yes.

I made friendships from the team that still go strong today. In terms of college, it provides an extracurricular activity which is always nice to put on an application

#39 Noles

Noles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136360
GolfWRX Likes : 313

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Not sure what schools are like in other parts of the country but where i live the impact of a high school program can vary greatly depending on what school you go to.  If you go to a public high school, nothing aside from finishing very high in the state championships will help you in terms of college golf.  However, if you play for certain Catholic Private schools or Independent private schools then it can certainly help you with college coaches.  Those high school programs are very involved, travel as a team to play in the off season and the coaches have extensive connections that can help a player be considered by a college coach if they don't have the results in tournaments that would warrant a spot at a particular college.

#40 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

Go CUBS!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
GolfWRX Likes : 518

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

If all you are concerned about is the scholarship, D1 golf then no, high school golf is not necessary. However, this is not to say that HS golf is not important. It is to many, the team, the school, their peers. As others have said, each of my next level golfers were recruited because of their results at AJGA etc. tournaments on a local, regional and national level. I have only met 2 college coaches - one local and one from out of state, who took the time to see one of my players. This was at 2 separate state tournaments.

Personally, I feel that the benefits of HS golf out weigh the potential negatives. It is a time commitment for sure, but so is every extracurricular activity worth being a part of. Just as kids should not specialize, playing only one sport, I feel that you also should not take the fast track, or better say, only participate in activities that you think equals success in obtaining D1 sport status. HS is such an important developmental time, live it richly....

Cobra F7 SL - Modus 105x
Cobra F7 Driver
Looking for 3 wood
Cleveland RTX 52* (wearing out)
Titleist SM6 60* (love it, need 2 more)
1 Titleist 913H (good enough, f7 4i might be better)
Old Ping Putter with a new grip

#Ihavegaps #buildingyear

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

If your kid loves golf, is good at it, and has aspirations of playing golf in college, then you are more than likely playing AJGA, FCG, or other tournaments (ie. "travel golf" just as in other sports like "travel baseball").

So, as long as HS golf doesn't interfere with these other tournaments, why would you NOT play HS golf?  

Risk of injury possibly, but that's probably a whole other discussion. Bottom line is you can get injured doing anything at anytime.

#42 kekoa

kekoa

• 7,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1500

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostBrianMcG, on 29 November 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

It would be better if he missed even more school. Traditional "School" does very little to prepare anyone for anything except sitting quietly and regurgitating information.

But don't worry, he will still have to make up any missed work.

When I was in high school all of our matches were after school in the afternoon, except regionals and State.

Same here. I had a blast playing hs golf in Oregon.
Taylormade M3 GD DI
Taylormade Aeroburnder 3&5 GD DI
Taylormade UDI 1,2 & 3
Miura CB-57 BB (5-PW)
Taylormade MG 52, 56
Taylormade Hi Toe 60*
Odyssey 1WS

#43 XYB34A

XYB34A

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26172
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

the thing he has to gain, is tournament play.  the feeling of the nerves to play.  its a big difference to play tournament golf.  than to go out with your buddies and play Sat. or Sun morning and play for  dollar skins.  even playing for 100 dollars a hole or more. which i have. is nothing like tournament play.  playing for money with your buds. your looking them right in the eye.  tournament golf, you are playing with individuals on every hole of the course. you dont have a clue what they are doing.  not a time to smoke and joke and carry on.  the utmost in concentration, and controlling your temper, taking the bad with the good and moving on.  big big difference.   a lesson learned in life, at an early age, that will carry one with your son for decades.  dont deprive him of it.

#44 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 1339

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

View Postleezer99, on 29 November 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Maybe a topic for a new thread but is college golf even necessary if your junior wants to turn pro?  My juniors are still single digits so they have no idea what they want but I've heard this topic come up with a HS kid recently.
Just look at Lexi. She's 100% home schooled, never went to college... turned pro when she was a teen.

College is a really good idea though if you aren't extremely talented and among the best of the very best. What happens when you blow a knee out or something and your ability to score goes down the tank and you're suddenly no longer making cuts? Now you've got no income, no job.... and no degree. Unless you made it big time and scored some really nice dollars and managed to squirrel it away, you probably also can't afford college either. Now... You're just like the rest of us with college loan debt, except you might be paying it off into your 50s or 60s instead of 30s or 40s.
WITB
DR - '16 M2 Speeder Evo II 661
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3i - TBD (JPX 850/M2/U65)
Irons - P790 4i Modus 105, 5-PW Modus 120
Wedges - Trusty Tour 50/8 54/10 60/6 Modus Wedge 115 (RAC Raw 56/14 60/08 for Winter)
P - Odyssey #7
Ball - ProV1 or Project (a)

#45 umassgolfer

umassgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58186
  • Ebay ID:frstbaseman18
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

I had a couple more thoughts on this. These may or may not apply, since I do not know your/your son's situation:

1) Like Dole mentioned, High school golf got me a chance to play a lot of courses I wouldn't have otherwise - private, military, etc. So that was cool.
2) In any sport, playing with players who are better than you will make you better. So if he has a chance to make the team as the 5th or 6th player, he'll have a chance to compete with players better than him.
3) Some high schools have coaches who actually know a thing or two about the game. Even if it is just course management, basic swing tips, etc. I didn't take lessons from an instructor, so this was my most hands-on form of instruction.
4) HS Golf was in the fall for me. It was either play HS golf or play football (which I'd never played in an organized setting). If it was in the spring, I would have not played because baseball was my primary sport.

Last comment from me - I was an extremely casual golfer who was lucky enough to attend a school that had a no-cut golf team. High school golf was great for me and honestly started my serious interest in the game.

#46 VNutz

VNutz

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
GolfWRX Likes : 2731

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

Sorry if I missed it, but when did it come out that the child in question is 12?

#47 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostVNutz, on 30 November 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Sorry if I missed it, but when did it come out that the child in question is 12?

I don't think it matters, but because I know and have met the player and the father.

#48 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

No GD way do you play a 12 year old 7th grader against what in some cases will be in effect, grown men. I see no profit in it for the child. If, in fact the boy is a prodigy then he would be better served using his time being home schooled, tutored, provided a private trainer and driver, nutritionist, swing coach, sports psychologist and personal fashion consultant / agent. Work on his logo now because branding is very important these days.
The above is only partially tongue in cheek.
I have 6th, 8th and 11th grade  athletes in-house. The emotional and physical maturity differences are real and enormous. I see no profit in it for the boy, and not for scholastic reasons but for social growth. My 8th grader was invited to play up this year and he declined. Not my decision, his. He is not very good actually as Hitter well knows but could smoke anybody on that HS team and still wanted no part of it. He had good comp in his middle school team and would rather shoot hoops with his pals than hit balls with big hairy high schoolers.
I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour and or the Cobra F7+ > no winner yet.
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100, may soon get recoils.
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
THE Kirkland Signature 4 piece urethane cover golf ball.

#49 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

I also have a clear memory of attending high school practices and matches where having a dip in and swearing like Tiger Woods was the norm.
Just an observation to consider.
I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour and or the Cobra F7+ > no winner yet.
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100, may soon get recoils.
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
THE Kirkland Signature 4 piece urethane cover golf ball.

#50 VNutz

VNutz

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 30 November 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

I don't think it matters, but because I know and have met the player and the father.

Respectfully, that information probably would have changed my response.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 golfer55082

golfer55082

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostVNutz, on 30 November 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I don’t get why you say so but I appreciate your response which I find insightful and thoughtful regardless of the age of the kids.

#52 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostBaitkiller, on 30 November 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I also have a clear memory of attending high school practices and matches where having a dip in and swearing like Tiger Woods was the norm.
Just an observation to consider.

Exactly.  My 12 year old won't play Online Video Games with headphones in because he doesn't want to hear others curse.  He was playing the new COD campaign mode last night with the sound all the way down.  I asked him how come the sound was down and he said "Too many F bombs and I hear enough of that at school.  Plus, mom is in the other room and I don't know if she knows what that means.".  Big difference socially in a 12 year old and a 16 year old.

View Postgolfer55082, on 30 November 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

I don’t get why you say so but I appreciate your response which I find insightful and thoughtful regardless of the age of the kids.

It honestly does make a difference in responses.

#53 VNutz

VNutz

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

My high school golf team had 2 kids on it from my class including myself. The other guy was #1 varsity from day 1 as a freshman. It was awkward and uncomfortable for him. He had nothing in common with the other guys on the team or his competitors and as a result he got picked on a bit. Aside from the golf aspect I don't think he enjoyed it and from my perspective rather than opening up and flourishing in that environment he kind of closed himself off and kept to himself. He had the exact opposite experience I had playing against guys more in line with my own age. IMO, mentally and developmentally there's a massive gap between a 12 year old and a high schooler. Every kid is different, but I'm not sure I'd want to expose my own child at 12 to some of those awkward situations. And I certainly wouldn't want him hearing some of the words and topics of discussion I heard at his age.

#54 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostVNutz, on 30 November 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

My high school golf team had 2 kids on it from my class including myself. The other guy was #1 varsity from day 1 as a freshman. It was awkward and uncomfortable for him. He had nothing in common with the other guys on the team or his competitors and as a result he got picked on a bit. Aside from the golf aspect I don't think he enjoyed it and from my perspective rather than opening up and flourishing in that environment he kind of closed himself off and kept to himself. He had the exact opposite experience I had playing against guys more in line with my own age. IMO, mentally and developmentally there's a massive gap between a 12 year old and a high schooler. Every kid is different, but I'm not sure I'd want to expose my own child at 12 to some of those awkward situations. And I certainly wouldn't want him hearing some of the words and topics of discussion I heard at his age.

I agree with you 100% and then some.  

The kid we are discussing is pretty good.  I don't know where he would fit in on the team where they live, but he would play on the team.  I couldn't imagine the backlash for a 12 year old if he beats out a senior getting ready to play their last season.  The young man we are talking about would beat someone out.

#55 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 824

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

Playing high school golf was absolutely amazing for me.

I've never been a super serious kid. I'm not self disciplined. I'm a goof ball, skateboarder, listen to punk music. But I grew up golfing in my childhood. So naturally, playing high school golf was what I couldn't wait for. Our school was decent, but it was a small town in Illinois. Our "practices" were simply playing 9 holes once a week. We didn't get lessons from the coach. We didn't go to a driving range and work on drills. Just load up on a bus after school, play 9 holes, and go home. That's it. So my game never really progressed, outside of slight improvements from the amount I was playing.

But the community, and friendships I made intermixing with kids I normally wouldn't think about socializing with was great. It was always a fun time going to tournaments. My biggest regret is not knowing what I wanted to do in life, therefor not going to college. I'm not saying I could have even made a college team, but I never gave myself the chance to even try. After high school I attended a local community college, and golf kinda fell by the wayside.

#56 farmer

farmer

Hall of Fame

• 6,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
GolfWRX Likes : 2615

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

I did not know that there are states where junior high kids are allowed to play varsity high school sports.  In Texas, to play in high school, you have to be in high school.  I went and looked at some class pictures of our kids, and the difference even between 7th and 8th grade was dramatic.  I don't think it's a good idea for a 7th grader to be knocking around with 18 year old seniors.  As to playing high school golf, in Texas, in the smaller classifications, we have FOOTBALL, then BASKetball, then TRack, then golf, tennis, and then OFFSEASON FOOTBALL.

Edited by farmer, 30 November 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#57 VNutz

VNutz

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

In some states yes, JB Holmes played in 3rd grade.

#58 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

View Postfarmer, on 30 November 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I did not know that there are states where junior high kids are allowed to play varsity high school sports.  In Texas, to play in high school, you have to be in high school.  I went and looked at some class pictures of our kids, and the difference even between 7th and 8th grade was dramatic.  I don't think it's a good idea for a 7th grader to be knocking around with 18 year old seniors.  As to playing high school golf, in Texas, in the smaller classifications, we have FOOTBALL, then BASKetball, then TRack, then golf, tennis, and then OFFSEASON FOOTBALL.

That is crazy.  So if a small school has 6-12, or even K-12, a 7th grader can't play on the team so the school can field a team?

#59 golfer55082

golfer55082

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

This is the eligibility for high school activities in my state:  *AGE — A student who turns 20 during the 11th or 12th semester since first entering the 7th grade shall be allowed to participate through the completion of the 12th semester. Adapted athletes are eligible to participate until their 22nd birthday, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements.

#60 Aquila

Aquila

"Deceptively simple and endlessly complicated..."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458046
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 29 November 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostAquila, on 29 November 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

I wouldn't want my kid to miss classes once a week for any sport, regardless of their prospects. Education takes priority.

Neuqua?  Naperville Central or North?
I played golf at Central 20 years ago, my kids will go to Neuqua someday unless we move.  As far as I know, golf is still all after class.  Gotta play fast if you wanna get 9 in before sundown!

Driver: Cobra King LTD Pro / Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.3 TS Stiff (tipped 1.25")
Fairway: TaylorMade SLDR TP 3HL / Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.3 TS Stiff (tipped 1")
Hybrids: TaylorMade SLDR TP 3 & 4 / Fujikura Motore Speeder 9.3 TS Stiff
Irons: Titleist DCI 962 4-PW / Brunswick FCM Precision Rifle 6.5
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 50*,54*,58* / KBS C-Taper 120 S (hard-stepped)
Putter: Ping Anser 3 / SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors