Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Hello from Albuquerque, NM


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jsherna14

jsherna14

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484832
  • Joined: 10/20/2017
  • Location:Albuquerque, NM
  • Ebay ID:jsherna14
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hey All,
Recent lurker and now newbie.  At the ripe age of 30 just starting out with golfing.  Have only played 3 total rounds and looking to get as much info from all of you as I can!  

Look forward to being a part of this great community.

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Mitsubishi Rayon Kurokage 50g
Nike VR-S Covert 3W Mitsubishi Rayon Kurokage 60g
Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW UST Mamiya Recoil 460 F3
Mizuno s5 Blue Ion 58* FST KBS Tour 120g
Nike Method Converge B1-01 putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ParParAgain

ParParAgain

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441092
  • Joined: 09/20/2016
  • Location:Formerly ParPar41
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Welcome to a great group.   I live in Canada.  We have a short golf season.  Usually, May to October.

I have never been to New Mexico.  What is the golf season like in Albuquerque?.  Can you play golf 12 months of the year?

2

#3 OldBear

OldBear

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496982
  • Joined: 03/23/2018
  • Location:Albuquerque NM
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hey, fellow Burque!

I'm a new member here too....

Usually play the city courses, primarily Ladera.

Anytime you are free on a weekend to play, please let me know.

Welcome aboard ! :golfer:

3

#4 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,049 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1066

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostParParAgain, on 08 December 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Welcome to a great group.   I live in Canada.  We have a short golf season.  Usually, May to October.

I have never been to New Mexico.  What is the golf season like in Albuquerque?.  Can you play golf 12 months of the year?
As a former resident you can play some from late November to early March.  You get quite a few days in the 50s, but you also get some snow and fairly cold.  Lots of good courses for an area with not that many folks.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

4

#5 ParParAgain

ParParAgain

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441092
  • Joined: 09/20/2016
  • Location:Formerly ParPar41
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 23 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostParParAgain, on 08 December 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Welcome to a great group.   I live in Canada.  We have a short golf season.  Usually, May to October.

I have never been to New Mexico.  What is the golf season like in Albuquerque?.  Can you play golf 12 months of the year?
As a former resident you can play some from late November to early March.  You get quite a few days in the 50s, but you also get some snow and fairly cold.  Lots of good courses for an area with not that many folks.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

On the other end of the scale, what sort of temperatures do they get on the golf course in July and August?


5

#6 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,049 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1066

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

View PostParParAgain, on 23 March 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 23 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostParParAgain, on 08 December 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Welcome to a great group.   I live in Canada.  We have a short golf season.  Usually, May to October.

I have never been to New Mexico.  What is the golf season like in Albuquerque?.  Can you play golf 12 months of the year?
As a former resident you can play some from late November to early March.  You get quite a few days in the 50s, but you also get some snow and fairly cold.  Lots of good courses for an area with not that many folks.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

On the other end of the scale, what sort of temperatures do they get on the golf course in July and August?
90s most of the time.  Depends on monsoonal activity.  ABQ gets most of its precip from July through September via tropical moisture moisture streaming northeast from Baja.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

6

#7 freno99

freno99

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501950
  • Joined: 05/15/2018
  • Location:Albuquerque, NM
  • Handicap:26.3
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

I'll use this topic to jump in and introduce myself too. Another ABQ golfer, trying to become more active after a few years off. I'd like to improve a bit then find a good league or other group to stay active. ABQ is a pretty good city for golf: good weather and some nice courses around that aren't too expensive or crowded.

7

#8 BlueFab5

BlueFab5

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131761
  • Joined: 06/27/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

👍✌️

8

#9 Ray5592

Ray5592

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504710
  • Joined: 06/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

👍👍😌

9



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors