Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Try this experiment!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 artist08

artist08

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50990
  • Handicap:0.4
  • Ebay ID:artist08
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

I was convinced that I would be able to identify balls I putted just by feel alone.  I grabbed my son and headed to the basement to the Birdie Ball green.

I grabbed four sleeves of brand new balls that Id recently played full rounds with - TP5, Titleist AVX, Bridgestone Tour Bx, Chrome Soft X - and hit a few putts with each ball.

After thinking that I had the ingrained the feel of each ball, I set up and had my son put a ball in front of my putter and i begin to putt with my eyes closed (no peeking) and guessed which ball I was putting.  After complete failure on the first 12 balls I tried it again and, you guessed it, couldnt conclusively identify any ball by feel alone.  I did guess a few right, but it was basically just by chance alone.  It was quite an eye opening experience!  

I do realize that these balls have similar compressions, but there was a few times when I putted I foolishly exclaimed, that has to be the Bridgestone! Only to open my eyes and see a yellow AVX.  Try it and see how you do!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors