Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

MG C4 in yellow, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

I thought there would be more posts on the MG C4 in yellow. I guess it hasn't been out that long. Any reviews? Thx Tanner

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Cwing

Cwing

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1229

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Isn’t it a senior ball? If not, I’d give them a go.
Taylor Made M4 9.5* Red 5 S-Stiff Atmos
TBD
TBD hybrids
TBD irons
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

#3 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostCwing, on 22 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostCwing, on 22 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

It is not the senior ball.

#4 ode1

ode1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
GolfWRX Likes : 406

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Me too,I think I'll get a dzn and give em a shot.

#5 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 1450

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

I just got a dozen, will test them out on Saturday.

Driver - JPX 900 10*
Woods - XXIO 9 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 9 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - Callaway Epic 5-SW Away - TM P790 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

#6 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 23 November 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

I just got a dozen, will test them out on Saturday.

great, look forward to your review

#7 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

If it is a big seller, maybe that will encourage the mfrs of the less expensive urethane balls, only available in white, to bring yellow versions to the masses (Snell MTB, Srixon Q Star Tour, Maxfli Ufli Soft).

#8 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 565

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

How’s the yellow look on this one?  Any other yellow it compares to in terms of color alone ?
Driver: Ping G812 HZRDUS T800
Fairway: Ping K15 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 4 & 5
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 50* / Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: Golf Pride CP2 Wrap
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

#9 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Played the front 9 with the MG C4 Yellow.  It's easier to track and find than the white (at least to me).  It was a cool day around 52 and wind was 15 - 25 mph.

Driver/woods - was shorter by at least 10 yards for me compared to other balls I've used, Snell MTB, Vice Pro, KSig, TP5X.
Irons - definitely shorter and did not handle the wind well.  Found I had to take at least one club extra to reach the distances I'd usually hit.
Wedges - checked up well and felt good off wedges
Putter - actually like it off the putter.  

In terms of durability, wedge shots would rough up the cover but no cuts.  I played the same ball the front 9 holes but would have swapped it out for the back 9 even if I didn't switch to a KSig for the back 9.  

I will give the ball another try before giving up on it, but at this point the loss of distance and performance in wind is a major concern.
Driver - JPX 900 10*
Woods - XXIO 9 3W

#10 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72309
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

I bought a dozen a couple of weeks ago since I'm a fan of the regular MG C4 white ball.  I used to switch to the yellow Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Duo in winter because they carried well in cold weather plus they're easier to find among the leaves and dormant fairways.  My dad tried to convince me I wouldn't notice a difference in distance (in cold temps) staying with the C4 so of course to prove him wrong I jumped on these when I saw the yellow was out.  He was right.  Goodbye Supersoft and having to adjust switching from a urethane to soft cover call.

I've played two rounds with these.  I hit them great both times.  I didn't notice any difference in distance with the previous C4, Pro-V1 or Bridgestone Tour B330-RX (which I had found 2 on the course and had played with them the last couple of months for no reason lol).  The second round I was playing a different course and flying my irons long for some reason.  All told, these are great balls for the money.  Love the bright yellow color.  The yellow compares to the Supersoft and is brighter than other yellows like the Wilson Duo.

I guess I'm staying with the C4 year round!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

View Posttngolf22, on 28 November 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

I bought a dozen a couple of weeks ago since I'm a fan of the regular MG C4 white ball.  I used to switch to the yellow Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Duo in winter because they carried well in cold weather plus they're easier to find among the leaves and dormant fairways.  My dad tried to convince me I wouldn't notice a difference in distance (in cold temps) staying with the C4 so of course to prove him wrong I jumped on these when I saw the yellow was out.  He was right.  Goodbye Supersoft and having to adjust switching from a urethane to soft cover call.

I've played two rounds with these.  I hit them great both times.  I didn't notice any difference in distance with the previous C4, Pro-V1 or Bridgestone Tour B330-RX (which I had found 2 on the course and had played with them the last couple of months for no reason lol).  The second round I was playing a different course and flying my irons long for some reason.  All told, these are great balls for the money.  Love the bright yellow color.  The yellow compares to the Supersoft and is brighter than other yellows like the Wilson Duo.

Nice review, thx. How do they feel from a firmness point of view. Firm like a Pro V or Mid firm like a Chromesoft? Much firmer than a SuperSoft?

#12 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72309
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostTanner25, on 28 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Nice review, thx. How do they feel from a firmness point of view. Firm like a Pro V or Mid firm like a Chromesoft? Much firmer than a SuperSoft?

No problem!  I've played the Chromesoft.  In terms of feel I would rank from softest for firmest:  Supersoft, Chromesoft, ProV1, MG C4, ProV1X.  Having urethane covers, the V1, V1X and MG C4 feel very close, but the V1 feels a bit softer (not by much) than the C4.  My swing speed with the driver is 97-100 so you might feel more less difference depending on your swing speed.  Hope that helps.  Not to brag, but it takes me a long time to go through a dozen balls so I'm very careful and picky before I try something different, and you can't just buy a sleeve of the MGs.  

My dad plays the MG Senior and I really can't tell the difference in feel or performance and my dad can't either (between the MG Senior and MG C4) but I'm not going to play with a non-conforming ball.

#13 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

I played the yellow C4 again and have to say the results were better.  It was still windy but distances didn't seem as impacted today as they did on Saturday.  Only other difference is it was about 10* warmer today than it was Saturday.

I played the C4 for all 18 and have to say that I'm pretty happy with the performance.  I really like it off the putter and wedges.  I hope to play on Sunday, so we'll give it another shot.
Driver - JPX 900 10*
Woods - XXIO 9 3W

#14 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:00 AM

View Posttngolf22, on 29 November 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostTanner25, on 28 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

No problem!  I've played the Chromesoft.  In terms of feel I would rank from softest for firmest:  Supersoft, Chromesoft, ProV1, MG C4, ProV1X.  Having urethane covers, the V1, V1X and MG C4 feel very close, but the V1 feels a bit softer (not by much) than the C4.  My swing speed with the driver is 97-100 so you might feel more less difference depending on your swing speed.  Hope that helps.  Not to brag, but it takes me a long time to go through a dozen balls so I'm very careful and picky before I try something different, and you can't just buy a sleeve of the MGs.  

My dad plays the MG Senior and I really can't tell the difference in feel or performance and my dad can't either (between the MG Senior and MG C4) but I'm not going to play with a non-conforming ball.

Cool. I tried the MG Senior. It was a decent ball. But, by no means did it seem to go any further, that another 2 piece distance ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors