Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PGA Jr League


109 replies to this topic

#61 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

View Postkekoa, on 07 March 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 21 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

One of my beef's with PGA Jr. League in our town was the price.  $175.00 for six 9 hole matches and they got the course for free.  We had 4 teams with 10 kids each team.  That is 7 grand and basically the coaches ran the program.  PGA Jr. League got their take and the foundation running it got the rest.  The PGA Jr. League Tee and Polo were cheap garbage.  Who really wants a tee with 17 on it?  I think my kid through it away.  There was a director, but all he did was make the schedule and show up.  We then went to all-stars and he charged $30.00 a 9 hole match, which again, he got the courses donated at no charge.  That really fired me up.  We ended up playing 3 matches into the post season.  I was ecstatic when we got beat.

I was going to sign my son up for a local team today until he said the cost is $450.
$375 here but we're playing country clubs and getting outfitted by puma.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 xkilgorextroutx

xkilgorextroutx

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466834
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:MA
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

View Postkekoa, on 07 March 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 21 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

One of my beef's with PGA Jr. League in our town was the price.  $175.00 for six 9 hole matches and they got the course for free.  We had 4 teams with 10 kids each team.  That is 7 grand and basically the coaches ran the program.  PGA Jr. League got their take and the foundation running it got the rest.  The PGA Jr. League Tee and Polo were cheap garbage.  Who really wants a tee with 17 on it?  I think my kid through it away.  There was a director, but all he did was make the schedule and show up.  We then went to all-stars and he charged $30.00 a 9 hole match, which again, he got the courses donated at no charge.  That really fired me up.  We ended up playing 3 matches into the post season.  I was ecstatic when we got beat.

I was going to sign my son up for a local team today until he said the cost is $450.

Ouch. I think we were around $200 and my son played a few courses I'll never even be able to get on.

2

#63 MikekiM

MikekiM

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415850
  • Joined: 03/15/2016
  • Location:San Diego, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Postkekoa, on 07 March 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 21 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

One of my beef's with PGA Jr. League in our town was the price.  $175.00 for six 9 hole matches and they got the course for free.  We had 4 teams with 10 kids each team.  That is 7 grand and basically the coaches ran the program.  PGA Jr. League got their take and the foundation running it got the rest.  The PGA Jr. League Tee and Polo were cheap garbage.  Who really wants a tee with 17 on it?  I think my kid through it away.  There was a director, but all he did was make the schedule and show up.  We then went to all-stars and he charged $30.00 a 9 hole match, which again, he got the courses donated at no charge.  That really fired me up.  We ended up playing 3 matches into the post season.  I was ecstatic when we got beat.

I was going to sign my son up for a local team today until he said the cost is $450.
Wow that's incredible.  Most around here around between $200-300.  Is there another course nearby you could play for?

3

#64 hangontight

hangontight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

$450? Wow.  Our fee went up this year to $175.  I griped a little, but then remembered that last year in additional to weekly practice rounds at home course (nothing special), he played matches at Country Club of Charleston, Daniel Island Club, Bulls Bay, and Cassique.  Pretty stout line up of 4 of the 5 best privates in Charleston.  It took me 10 years of living here to check those boxes, he knocked em out 2 months!  Considering all, I would say worth the $175.

4

#65 BloctonGolf11

BloctonGolf11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376734
  • Joined: 05/20/2015
  • Location:West Blocton, AL
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bdgreene
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Postleezer99, on 19 May 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Anyone know what the rule is on playing for multiple teams?  Our local league is about a week away from being done with their 'regular' season but another league asked if we'd play for them as well and they don't start until June.

Wow you guys started EARLY. My son doesn't even start regular matches until next week and the regular season runs through July.

I did a quick read through of eligibility and the handbook and saw nothing prohibiting playing for multiple leagues. However, I would shoot them a quick email.

Dad's Bag

D: Ping G30 10 degree, Aldila Reg Flex
3W, and 7W: Cleveland Black, Bassara, Lite Flex
5i - PW: Titleist AP1 716, DG XP90 Reg Flex
W: 48 Cleveland Rotex 3
W: 52 Cleveland Rotex 2
W: 56 Vokey SM6 F Grind
P: TP Mills Flat-T Proto
Ball: Srixon Q-Star

Son's Bag (8 years old)
D: Callaway XR16, Flynn Shaft (Set to 15.5)
3W: Cobra Biocell, Flynn Shaft (Set to 19.5)
4H: Cobra Biocell, Flynn Shaft (Set to 25)
5i-PW: US Kids Tour Series TS2
W: 52, 56 degree US Kids Tour Series TS2
P: Nike Oven MC-07w Prototype
Ball: Wilson Duo Soft/Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis

5

#66 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 600

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:55 AM

Obviously can only play on one post season All Star team, but donít think there is any rule about playing on two teams during the ďfunĒ season. Iím sure they are like USK and happy to take your money either way.

Edited by Belmont148, 21 May 2018 - 05:55 AM.

Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F6 Baffler 16.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

6

#67 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1802

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Found a course with a reasonable price so we joined up.  Looks like a bunch of good kids are in the group so they are forming 4 teams and we will all play against each other to advance.  Looking forward to this.

7

#68 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postkekoa, on 22 May 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Found a course with a reasonable price so we joined up.  Looks like a bunch of good kids are in the group so they are forming 4 teams and we will all play against each other to advance.  Looking forward to this.

RH is going to have a great team this year.

8

#69 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

9

#70 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

Had our last match yesterday.  The team won 5 of 5 events and averaged just below 10 points per match.  Should have been higher but our two primary groups got smoked yesterday at our opponents home course.  One kid we played against (had already played 18 holes the same day) was six under on his own ball.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:10 AM

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

Had our last match yesterday.  The team won 5 of 5 events and averaged just below 10 points per match.  Should have been higher but our two primary groups got smoked yesterday at our opponents home course.  One kid we played against (had already played 18 holes the same day) was six under on his own ball.

Driving greens, chipping, putting?

11

#72 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

Had our last match yesterday.  The team won 5 of 5 events and averaged just below 10 points per match.  Should have been higher but our two primary groups got smoked yesterday at our opponents home course.  One kid we played against (had already played 18 holes the same day) was six under on his own ball.

Driving greens, chipping, putting?

He was on the three par 5's in two.  Par 4's he had little flip wedges in.  Made a ton of putts including a 25 foot birdie on the last hole.  Really just didn't have a stressful hole.  On the par 3's since he had already played that day he didn't even scope the distance... just grabbed a club and went to the tee box.  Total distance from the hole on par 3's (there were two) was about 8 feet.

12

#73 hangontight

hangontight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

We dont start until July 12!

13

#74 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 600

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

Had our last match yesterday.  The team won 5 of 5 events and averaged just below 10 points per match.  Should have been higher but our two primary groups got smoked yesterday at our opponents home course.  One kid we played against (had already played 18 holes the same day) was six under on his own ball.

Driving greens, chipping, putting?

He was on the three par 5's in two.  Par 4's he had little flip wedges in.  Made a ton of putts including a 25 foot birdie on the last hole.  Really just didn't have a stressful hole.  On the par 3's since he had already played that day he didn't even scope the distance... just grabbed a club and went to the tee box.  Total distance from the hole on par 3's (there were two) was about 8 feet.

What yardages do ya'll play?
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
F6 Baffler 16.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

14

#75 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostBelmont148, on 23 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 23 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 23 May 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

We don't start matches for another 2 weeks.

Had our last match yesterday.  The team won 5 of 5 events and averaged just below 10 points per match.  Should have been higher but our two primary groups got smoked yesterday at our opponents home course.  One kid we played against (had already played 18 holes the same day) was six under on his own ball.

Driving greens, chipping, putting?

He was on the three par 5's in two.  Par 4's he had little flip wedges in.  Made a ton of putts including a 25 foot birdie on the last hole.  Really just didn't have a stressful hole.  On the par 3's since he had already played that day he didn't even scope the distance... just grabbed a club and went to the tee box.  Total distance from the hole on par 3's (there were two) was about 8 feet.

What yardages do ya'll play?

We play the forward tees on all courses because of the mixture of really good and beginning players.  As a 12 year old my son went 5 under on 9 by himself on his own course in Jr. League.  During league we like to pair good players up with beginners.  Helps move kids a long, takes less time rather than partnering up good with good and beginner with beginner.   Will be very interesting to see what he does this year.  I know at several courses he can drive some of the Par 4's now.  Will be on most Par 5's in two.


15

#76 Tigerswag

Tigerswag

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241929
  • Joined: 03/31/2013
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Ebay ID:Mike.pvtlabel
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

Good luck this year to you guys.  It was the highlight of my sons year.  

Please, please enjoy every match. Celebrate as much as possible.  (I really dont want to get too preachy). This is a really hard game.  PGAJr league is a great experience.  Do your best to keep it fun.

16

#77 yellowlover519

yellowlover519

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89955
  • Joined: 07/28/2009
  • Ebay ID:yellowlover5
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

I think the team aspect is fun, but the competition is terrible.  Every coach seems to have a strategy of pairing one good player with a beginner, but weíve faced teams where not a single opposing player would break 50 from what appears to be 9-year old us kids yardages.  We do get to play some nice tracks, however.

Also - no push carts at the courses we play, so I have to completely empty my sonís bag and pull out some clubs.  Colleges allow push carts yet some of these country clubs want 8-9 year olds to carry their own bag.  So dumb.

Edited by yellowlover519, 24 May 2018 - 12:43 PM.


17

#78 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

View Postyellowlover519, on 24 May 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

I think the team aspect is fun, but the competition is terrible.  Every coach seems to have a strategy of pairing one good player with a beginner, but we've faced teams where not a single opposing player would break 50 from what appears to be 9-year old us kids yardages.  We do get to play some nice tracks, however.

Also - no push carts at the courses we play, so I have to completely empty my son's bag and pull out some clubs.  Colleges allow push carts yet some of these country clubs want 8-9 year olds to carry their own bag.  So dumb.

We played a country club this week that doesn't allow you to bring your own cart but you can use theirs for free.  Thing is that their carts are really old and look way worse than the ones our kids have.  Really weird rules but it is what it is.

18

#79 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
  • Joined: 12/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

Do the courses that your kids play junior league on charge the parents for a cart when they go out to watch the kids play? Our league didnít the last few years but they are this year. The courses wanted to make some money so this is a way for them to do it.

19

#80 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 25 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Do the courses that your kids play junior league on charge the parents for a cart when they go out to watch the kids play? Our league didn't the last few years but they are this year. The courses wanted to make some money so this is a way for them to do it.

Ours charge $10.  I never rent a cart unless the weather forecast is unfavorable.  I love walking every course.

Best walking stool ever.
http://www.walkstool.com/


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 hangontight

hangontight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 25 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Do the courses that your kids play junior league on charge the parents for a cart when they go out to watch the kids play? Our league didnít the last few years but they are this year. The courses wanted to make some money so this is a way for them to do it.

Last year the public courses we played all charged $10-20 for cart. Interestingly,  The high end private course we played didnít charge and the other members parents were very friendly and accommodating - really treated us Like guests.

21

#82 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

View Posthangontight, on 25 May 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 25 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Do the courses that your kids play junior league on charge the parents for a cart when they go out to watch the kids play? Our league didn't the last few years but they are this year. The courses wanted to make some money so this is a way for them to do it.

Last year the public courses we played all charged $10-20 for cart. Interestingly,  The high end private course we played didn't charge and the other members parents were very friendly and accommodating - really treated us Like guests.

The only public course in our league is the one we play out of and they don't charge for carts.  High end private courses probably don't have a button on the register to charge for carts.  They have buttons for $500 Scotty Cameron putters, $135 polo shirts and $6.75 logo golf balls.

22

#83 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
  • Joined: 12/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

We havenít paid for carts before but this year they are charging $15. I was just curious if other places were charging as well. Thanks for the feedback.

23

#84 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 839

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 25 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 25 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Do the courses that your kids play junior league on charge the parents for a cart when they go out to watch the kids play? Our league didn't the last few years but they are this year. The courses wanted to make some money so this is a way for them to do it.

Ours charge $10.  I never rent a cart unless the weather forecast is unfavorable.  I love walking every course.

Best walking stool ever.
http://www.walkstool.com/

Yo - what size walkstool do you recommend?  Want to get one for mom.

24

#85 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

View Postleezer99, on 25 May 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:


Yo - what size walkstool do you recommend?  Want to get one for mom.

I will let you know what size I bought when I get home.  I can't remember where I purchased online to find out the style an size I purchased.  I can tell that they are lightweight and awesome.


25

#86 MyShortGameSucks

MyShortGameSucks

    His doesn't....

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18898
  • Joined: 09/05/2006
  • Location:North Andover, MA
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:Yippy77
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:34 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 25 May 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 25 May 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:


Yo - what size walkstool do you recommend?  Want to get one for mom.

I will let you know what size I bought when I get home.  I can't remember where I purchased online to find out the style an size I purchased.  I can tell that they are lightweight and awesome.

Thanks for this.  Going to order one each for me and the wife - we spend a lot of on-course time watching my son play tourneys and just standing around for 5+ hours can be surprisingly tiring and hard on the back!
Callaway Epic Sub Zero Custom All-Black 10.5 deg, Diamana Ahina 60x
TM 790 UDI 2 iron / PX Hzrdus 85
Titleist 816H1 19 deg, Fuji 88H  
Titleist 816H2 23 deg, Fuji 88H
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-7,  Tour 8-PW.  Nippon Modus 105x
Mizuno S18, 50, 54, 58 deg - Nippon Modus 120s
SC Futura XR / SC Golo 5 / SC Notchback
Bridgestone B330 - B

26

#87 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostMyShortGameSucks, on 26 May 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 25 May 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 25 May 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:


Yo - what size walkstool do you recommend?  Want to get one for mom.

I will let you know what size I bought when I get home.  I can't remember where I purchased online to find out the style an size I purchased.  I can tell that they are lightweight and awesome.

Thanks for this.  Going to order one each for me and the wife - we spend a lot of on-course time watching my son play tourneys and just standing around for 5+ hours can be surprisingly tiring and hard on the back!

I have the Comfort 65 cm.  It is amazing and very comfortable.  Do some shopping online.  I got mine for $60.00.

27

#88 Noles

Noles

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136360
  • Joined: 08/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 352

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

View Postyellowlover519, on 24 May 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

I think the team aspect is fun, but the competition is terrible.  Every coach seems to have a strategy of pairing one good player with a beginner, but we've faced teams where not a single opposing player would break 50 from what appears to be 9-year old us kids yardages.  We do get to play some nice tracks, however.

Also - no push carts at the courses we play, so I have to completely empty my son's bag and pull out some clubs.  Colleges allow push carts yet some of these country clubs want 8-9 year olds to carry their own bag.  So dumb.
I have run in to the no push cart rule a few times over the years.  I don't really understand it.  I have politely asked at some courses why they have that rule in place and the only answer I have ever gotten is "that's just our rule."  When I ask why it is their rule, they just say that's the way we have always done it.

28

#89 clemsoncowboys

clemsoncowboys

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116374
  • Joined: 10/19/2010
  • Location:Tryon, NC
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

It will turn into a "travel" sport just like the others.

29

#90 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 2114

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

View Postclemsoncowboys, on 29 May 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

It will turn into a "travel" sport just like the others.

I don't really understand this comment.  There has always been travel for PGA Jr. League All-Stars since it's inception.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors