Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rebuilding driver swing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 5150dsm

5150dsm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484246
  • Handicap:14.6
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hello All,

First post here and I could use some help. Until last year I had a decent driver swing... I averaged 265 carry and got the occasional 300 yard drive out of my swing. Last August, I tore a ligament in my left elbow and ever since then my swing has been... not so good. I'm only averaging about 235-240 carry and I've managed to work a snap hook into my miss, also, I've lost about 5-7mph on my swing speed, which likely accounts for the distance loss. That being said, I feel like I'm having a mechanical issue that I can't put my finger on. I'd appreciate any input or feedback you guys could offer. Here's 3 DTL swings to check out. (the first one is a major overswing)

https://vimeo.com/242818517

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 gaucherd

gaucherd

Golf Coach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396440
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:05 AM

Start from the ground up. You can see from your set up to the top of your swing you move significantly out onto your toes (extend your hips forward head moves down). That is why you over swung the first one and hit pull hooks. From there it is very tough to "shallow" the club and not use hands and arms to "flip" at the ball. An easy way to see this is draw a vertical line on the back of your butt (or pick something in the background to compare to) and you will see how much your hips move forward (early extension).

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 3.43.07 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 3.43.28 AM.png

www.dangauchergolf.com
facebook.com/dggolf

#3 5150dsm

5150dsm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484246
  • Handicap:14.6
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

View Postgaucherd, on 15 November 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Start from the ground up. You can see from your set up to the top of your swing you move significantly out onto your toes (extend your hips forward head moves down). That is why you over swung the first one and hit pull hooks. From there it is very tough to "shallow" the club and not use hands and arms to "flip" at the ball. An easy way to see this is draw a vertical line on the back of your butt (or pick something in the background to compare to) and you will see how much your hips move forward (early extension).

I see what you mean. Using the fence post in the background as a reference point, it's obvious that my hips are sliding forward. Is that because I'm keeping weight on the balls of my feet? I'm not sure what the term "early extension" means in relation to this instance. Maybe you could elaborate. Thank you for your time and information, I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors