Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Junior Clubs & Sizing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darter79

darter79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

My daughter has recently grown, a lot.  Sounds like I might have to make equitment changes sooner than later.  Couple questions as this would be our first sizeing up of clubs.  How do you know when its time? Is there a specific miss they would have? If you go based on US kids then should would fall into the next size up but I'm more worried about her performance being impacted by clubs to short on what kind of misses that will have. Do junior irons ever get fitted for lie angle adjustments as we do as adults? What age did most of yall look at adult style clubs.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Belmont148

Belmont148

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

I wouldn't worry about the misses being an impact as much as her comfort. A good golfer with solid mechanics can hit any club. They adjust and don't miss. But if her swing does not feel comfortable with the clubs she has, you may need to look at sizing up.

Constant tops are a big sign obviously, but I can hit my sons 54" and not top the ball as I can adjust, so it is hard to say there is a "standard miss" with ill-fitted clubs. My point is, what you may interpret as a miss, could just be her shot shape. If she develops a constant draw, but feels good with the clubs, then just play the draw. If she can't make center contact consistently then I would get her instructor/coach to look at her swing/clubs and evaluate.
Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver TS 44.5"
Epic SZ 14.5 HZRDUS T800 65 stiff 42"
King Utility 21* CTL R flex
Cobra F6 3 hyb. 19* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra Fly Z 4 hyb. 22* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW CTL R flex
MD2 Tour 54* and 58* CTL R flex
PM Grind MD3 64* black CTL R flex
Odyssey Versa V Line

#3 leezer99

leezer99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostBelmont148, on 14 November 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I wouldn't worry about the misses being an impact as much as her comfort. A good golfer with solid mechanics can hit any club. They adjust and don't miss.

The other day my boy was in the stall next to our club champ and hit his X shaft muscle back nine iron no problem.  All he said was, 'it's too heavy for me dad' and gave it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors