Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone TourB XW-1 wedges


54 replies to this topic

#31 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Canít believe they arenít offering a lower bounce option in the 58.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 miboy

miboy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285462
  • Joined: 11/24/2013
  • Location:West Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

View Posteasylittle5wood, on 14 January 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Wish they would offer the 48* in Japan in NA as well.

Not to many options when it comes to bounce.

2

#33 stevemac

stevemac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2945
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.


I was ready to pull the trigger but didn't like the higher bounce as the only option.  If I go with the higher loft and strengthen then I get some offset I don't want to get the bounce.  I ran through the custom option twice but so far I have held off.

3

#34 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

View Poststevemac, on 15 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.


I was ready to pull the trigger but didn't like the higher bounce as the only option.  If I go with the higher loft and strengthen then I get some offset I don't want to get the bounce.  I ran through the custom option twice but so far I have held off.

Apparently Bridgestoneís staff doesnít have a clue.  The website listed 58/12 as the only option.  I emailed them and they said the 58/8 would not be available in the U.S.  Then I found a seller that had two 58/8ís in the U.S. so I bought them and emailed pics to Bridgestone customer service.  They couldnít explain how I got 58/8 wedges.  Then I emailed the serial #ís and they finally replied that they were mistaken and the website is wrong.  The 58/8 is avaliable in the U.S. and not the 58/12.  They have to correct the website.  Really???

4

#35 mason82

mason82

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300665
  • Joined: 03/08/2014
  • Location:southlake
  • Handicap:8.8
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Just got mine, so far so good. Look great and feel awesome.

Cobra Bio Cell +, matrix red tie
Callaway Rogue, Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Cobra F6 Baffler, Matrix Red tie
Ping iblade 4-P, Pro Modus 120x
Titliest SM7 black 50*, S400 onyx
Titleist SM7 black 56*, S400 onyx
Titleist SM7 black 60*, S400 onyx
Odyssey versa 9

5

#36 Jesse Sanchez

Jesse Sanchez

    The Knife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45709
  • Joined: 01/11/2008
  • Location:Longmont, CO
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Raised Micro groves like Callaway MD 4? Just by the photos?

6

#37 Fairwindsgolfer

Fairwindsgolfer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459000
  • Joined: 03/14/2017
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

View Poststevemac, on 15 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.


I was ready to pull the trigger but didn't like the higher bounce as the only option.  If I go with the higher loft and strengthen then I get some offset I don't want to get the bounce.  I ran through the custom option twice but so far I have held off.

Apparently Bridgestoneís staff doesnít have a clue.  The website listed 58/12 as the only option.  I emailed them and they said the 58/8 would not be available in the U.S.  Then I found a seller that had two 58/8ís in the U.S. so I bought them and emailed pics to Bridgestone customer service.  They couldnít explain how I got 58/8 wedges.  Then I emailed the serial #ís and they finally replied that they were mistaken and the website is wrong.  The 58/8 is avaliable in the U.S. and not the 58/12.  They have to correct the website.  Really???
I've been playing that j33 combos since 2005 and while those are the only Bridgestone sticks in my bag I do love the company.

However, between the point that you made regarding the wedges in the website error and just the straight difficulty of finding their products, their online presence is really quite poor.

7

#38 andre2you

andre2you

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5569
  • Joined: 08/28/2005
  • Location:Elmhurst, Il.
  • Ebay ID:andre2you
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
Bridgestone TourB X-CB  3-PW w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XD-3 9.5* Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 15" Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 18" Hzdrus Yellow 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 52* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XW-1 56* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
TaylorMade Spyder w/UST frequency filtered shaft

8

#39 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:09 AM

Very thick sole.

9

#40 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

View Postandre2you, on 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
Attachment IMG_0072.JPG
Attachment IMG_0081.JPG
Attachment IMG_0076.JPG

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone?  Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 andre2you

andre2you

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5569
  • Joined: 08/28/2005
  • Location:Elmhurst, Il.
  • Ebay ID:andre2you
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

View PostBimmer1, on 02 February 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

View Postandre2you, on 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
Attachment IMG_0072.JPG
Attachment IMG_0081.JPG
Attachment IMG_0076.JPG

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone?  Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.

I ordered directly from the Bridgestone website. I thought it was was 58/12 based on the website but as you when it arrived it was a 58/8.
Bridgestone TourB X-CB  3-PW w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XD-3 9.5* Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 15" Hzdrus Black 6.0
TourEdge Exotics CBX 18" Hzdrus Yellow 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 52* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
Bridgestone XW-1 56* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
TaylorMade Spyder w/UST frequency filtered shaft

11

#42 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

View Postandre2you, on 02 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 02 February 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

View Postandre2you, on 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
Attachment IMG_0072.JPG
Attachment IMG_0081.JPG
Attachment IMG_0076.JPG

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone?  Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.

I ordered directly from the Bridgestone website. I thought it was was 58/12 based on the website but as you when it arrived it was a 58/8.

They donít have a clue what they are selling.  They told me more than once that only 58/12 was available and 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. so I didnít place an order with them.  Now it turns out I could have ordered a 58/8 from the website the entire time. How do you run a golf company like this?

12

#43 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 2758

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 02 February 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postandre2you, on 02 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 02 February 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

View Postandre2you, on 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
Attachment IMG_0072.JPG
Attachment IMG_0081.JPG
Attachment IMG_0076.JPG

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone?  Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.

I ordered directly from the Bridgestone website. I thought it was was 58/12 based on the website but as you when it arrived it was a 58/8.

They don't have a clue what they are selling.  They told me more than once that only 58/12 was available and 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. so I didn't place an order with them.  Now it turns out I could have ordered a 58/8 from the website the entire time. How do you run a golf company like this?
Ask Wilson.  They know.  And I'm a fan - check out my sig.
Ping G400 - Tour 65 - S
Ping G400 14.5* - Tour 75 - S
B-Stone TourB XD-H 21/24 - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80
W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
W/S PMP Raw  52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platium 35"

13

#44 stevemac

stevemac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2945
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.

These are now available on Bridgestone website for $99.  Just FYI and all of their clubs are on sale with great prices!

14

#45 buchaneb

buchaneb

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48326
  • Joined: 02/08/2008
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

View Poststevemac, on 06 August 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.

These are now available on Bridgestone website for $99.  Just FYI and all of their clubs are on sale with great prices!

How do you buy them on the website? I see text for "buy now" but no actual clickable link.

Nevermind - I found it:

http://shop.bridgestonegolf.com

Edited by buchaneb, 17 August 2018 - 11:29 AM.


15

#46 stevemac

stevemac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2945
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

View Postbuchaneb, on 17 August 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Poststevemac, on 06 August 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

View PostBimmer1, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website.  Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.

These are now available on Bridgestone website for $99.  Just FYI and all of their clubs are on sale with great prices!

How do you buy them on the website? I see text for "buy now" but no actual clickable link.

Nevermind - I found it:

http://shop.bridgestonegolf.com


Yep-


16

#47 Justin2017

Justin2017

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481832
  • Joined: 09/14/2017
  • Location:West Fargo, ND
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:48 PM

Golfdiscount.com has them in black or chrome for $69.
Cobra King LTD Pro Aldila Rogue Silver X

Cobra King LTD 3 wood Aldila Rogue Silver X

Srixon Z 565/765 4-PW Nippon Modus 130 S

Cleveland Wedges

Ping Anser 4 milled

Srixon Z Star, at least for today

17

#48 theothertwo

theothertwo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
  • Joined: 11/21/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:22 PM

View Postandre2you, on 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....
but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.
Attachment IMG_0072.JPG
Attachment IMG_0081.JPG
Attachment IMG_0076.JPG


Thanks for posting these photos, I am interested in these wedges.  How do you like them and what do you compare them with?  How is the 58/8 out of the bunkers?  Vokeys, Clevelands?  I am thinking of upgrading my old Bridgestone WC wedges.  Thanks.
Callaway GBB 816 DBD Alpha 10* Driver, Callaway DBD 816 4 Wood, Bridgestone J15 21* and 23* Hybrids, Bridgestone J33 CBs 5-PW, Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Chrome 52 and 58 Wedges, Slighter Seattle Putter

18

#49 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

I have the 54 and love the club. Really good feel and distance control.

19

#50 cmgolf

cmgolf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73929
  • Joined: 01/27/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Just got a 58. Looks great. I have played a mack daddy 60 bent 58  U grind for a few years. Have not played the XW-1 yet but the sole inspires confidence.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 theothertwo

theothertwo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
  • Joined: 11/21/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostJustin2017, on 19 August 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Golfdiscount.com has them in black or chrome for $69.

Thanks, ordered the 52 and 58 chrome.
Callaway GBB 816 DBD Alpha 10* Driver, Callaway DBD 816 4 Wood, Bridgestone J15 21* and 23* Hybrids, Bridgestone J33 CBs 5-PW, Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Chrome 52 and 58 Wedges, Slighter Seattle Putter

21

#52 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

The 58/8 is my favorite wedge.  Iíve purchased extras since they have discounted them.

22

#53 Seve0992

Seve0992

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11450
  • Joined: 02/07/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:13 AM

View Postjchaywood, on 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

That black finish looks so good. Any idea on grind/bounce options?

It just looks to me like the 14* bounce is 10* or less.  Any thoughts?  Am I seeing it wrong?
Whats in the Bag:
Titleist 917 9.5 Regular
Titleist 915 16.5 Regular
Titleist 818 19* Stiff
Titleist 716 AP2 4 & 5
Titleist 716 CB 6-7-8
Titleist 716 MB 9 & PW
Ping Glide 52 - 56WS - 60 WS
Intelligent Design Putter

23

#54 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
  • Joined: 05/31/2014
  • Location:Pigeon Forge, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 776

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostSeve0992, on 06 December 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

View Postjchaywood, on 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

That black finish looks so good. Any idea on grind/bounce options?

It just looks to me like the 14* bounce is 10* or less.  Any thoughts?  Am I seeing it wrong?

They all have a Vokey M grind style sole grind (C grind).

50/8
52/8
54/10
56/14
58/8
60/6

Edited by Bimmer1, 06 December 2018 - 10:29 PM.


24

#55 theothertwo

theothertwo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
  • Joined: 11/21/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

View PostBimmer1, on 06 December 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

View PostSeve0992, on 06 December 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

View Postjchaywood, on 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

That black finish looks so good. Any idea on grind/bounce options?

It just looks to me like the 14* bounce is 10* or less.  Any thoughts?  Am I seeing it wrong?

They all have a Vokey M grind style sole grind (C grind).

50/8
52/8
54/10
56/14
58/8
60/6

That's great, the Vokey M grind works for me.

Update:  I just got them and like everything about them so far.

Edited by theothertwo, 08 December 2018 - 05:27 PM.

Callaway GBB 816 DBD Alpha 10* Driver, Callaway DBD 816 4 Wood, Bridgestone J15 21* and 23* Hybrids, Bridgestone J33 CBs 5-PW, Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Chrome 52 and 58 Wedges, Slighter Seattle Putter

25



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors