Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shaft orientation and bend

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha3

Alpha3

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28101
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

I’m right handed and aim left, on 6’ putt I will be as much a cup out left and think I’m very square. Proper aim looks well right.  I have 3 center shaft mallets. Today I was using Cleveland smart square cs when friends laughed and said I should never make a putt, they laid several balls down and said I consistently aimed putter left. I try sbst stroke but apparently cut across ball unconsciously to correct. I practice putting but now I know I don’t see the line.
Could equipment help?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 DHarry

DHarry

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484408
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostAlpha3, on 12 November 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

I’m right handed and aim left, on 6’ putt I will be as much a cup out left and think I’m very square. Proper aim looks well right.  I have 3 center shaft mallets. Today I was using Cleveland smart square cs when friends laughed and said I should never make a putt, they laid several balls down and said I consistently aimed putter left. I try sbst stroke but apparently cut across ball unconsciously to correct. I practice putting but now I know I don’t see the line.
Could equipment help?

There are members on here that would be much better qualified to answer this but I'll give my 2 cents.
You mentioned that you putt with centre-shafted mallets and miss left. I would speculate that you have an arc in your stroke and that the face-balanced putters you have (your centre-shafted mallets) doesn't suit your stroke. Most blades and flow neck mallets will have toe hang that will fall or "hang" downwards in a right direction. A putter with toe hang may square your stroke better at impact and help eliminate your misses to the left.
I would recommend that you get a putter fitting. If you try various models and compare the stats with different putter types, you can figure out quickly what works best for you.

#3 rkrech

rkrech

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167397
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Was in the same boat as you. Missing putts that could be gimmies. I swore it was the putter and the flow. I️ spoke with a highly regarded pro and told him I️ wanted a putting lesson and fit. He pulled out a 4í ruler/yard stick. He told me to try that first. I️ purchased one at the Home Depot for $5. It has made all the world difference in my putting.  Initially everything was pulled off the stick to the left. After tons of work Iím surprised now when I️ pull one. It also lets you see your actually line in relation to your set up. At one point, only brides were 2 putts on a par 5ís. Not anymore. Itís a game changer which I have recommended to a few buddies with great reviews. Give it a try. For $5 you have nothing to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors