Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Which Sharpie?


74 replies to this topic

#1 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

I currently use a Sharpie brand in black color to mark my golf balls.  Typically I need to freshen the mark at least once during the round.  Has anyone found a different brand or color of marker that has proven very durable?  Thanks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 TheShaun

TheShaun

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96319
  • Joined: 10/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I use sharpie brand and have not felt the need to re-apply ever. Maybe because I lose them before the need arises or if played long enough, the ball is ready to be retired.

2

#3 Socrates

Socrates

    How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Winnipeg
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3460

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

The key is to put the marks on the night before.   It doesn’t seem to matter which type of Sharpie but I use the Fade Resistant ones and occasionally I will have to reapply if I’ve hit the mark with an iron.  Green doesn’t cover very well. Nor do the pastel colours.  Black, blue, red, purple seem to last the longest.
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

3

#4 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 6103

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostSocrates, on 12 November 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

The key is to put the marks on the night before.   It doesn’t seem to matter which type of Sharpie but I use the Fade Resistant ones and occasionally I will have to reapply if I’ve hit the mark with an iron.  Green doesn’t cover very well. Nor do the pastel colours.  Black, blue, red, purple seem to last the longest.
Not so sure about red for me but brown lasts well also.
TM M3 440 10* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
TM M2  5w 18* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8S or Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

4

#5 Londoner

Londoner

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483738
  • Joined: 10/07/2017
  • Location:Sheffield England
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:Woofwoof666
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

NOT blue. Blue rubs off on other balls in my bag. They all end up with a blue hue.

Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
ping anser
Titleist sm6 50 +54
Cleveland 60

5

#6 sui generis

sui generis

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:Asheville
GolfWRX Likes : 2136

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 12 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

I currently use a Sharpie brand in black color to mark my golf balls.  Typically I need to freshen the mark at least once during the round.  Has anyone found a different brand or color of marker that has proven very durable?  Thanks.
There is a Sharpie version called EXTREME which seems to hold up. (I buy them from Lowe's,) The poster who suggested marking the ball the night before might be on to something and like Londoner, I find the blue color to not be so good.
Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

6

#7 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I usually mark the balls at least a day prior to play and only put a large black dot inside one of the dimples. Also I only use urethane balls - Prov's, TaylorMade TP or Kirkland if it matters. But when I've played the entire round with only one ball by the middle of the back nine the dot is mostly worn off. I'll try Staples or Home Depot to see about the Extreme model Sharpie.

7

#8 Socrates

Socrates

    How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Winnipeg
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3460

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostLondoner, on 12 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

NOT blue. Blue rubs off on other balls in my bag. They all end up with a blue hue.
That's one reason to keep the balls in their sleeves.
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

8

#9 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23203

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

I use tour issued Sharpies.

9

#10 Socrates

Socrates

    How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Winnipeg
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3460

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 12 November 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

I use tour issued Sharpies.
I'll bet you got them from the Secret Tour Pro.  Ssshh.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 dlnljl

dlnljl

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21559
  • Joined: 11/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

I use the neon orange sharpie. It doesn’t wear off for me and I can tell which ball is mine from a long way away.

11

#12 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1683

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostSocrates, on 12 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostLondoner, on 12 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

NOT blue. Blue rubs off on other balls in my bag. They all end up with a blue hue.
That's one reason to keep the balls in their sleeves.

Don’t let the new ones talk to the used balls. They pick up bad habits!
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2018 M3 460 10.5 Graphite Design IZ-6 X
Fairway 3w: TM 2016 Tour Issue M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour Series F 7S
Fairway 5w:TM 2017 M2 Tour 5/18* Graphite Design GP shaft
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* DG 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB DG Wedge
Putter: Toulon Garage Austin 34.5, Garage Columbus 34”, Garage Rochester 34", First Run Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34"
Ball: TM TP5
Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB

12

#13 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2829

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 12 November 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies.  I usually mark the balls at least a day prior to play and only put a large black dot inside one of the dimples. Also I only use urethane balls - Prov's, TaylorMade TP or Kirkland if it matters. But when I've played the entire round with only one ball by the middle of the back nine the dot is mostly worn off. I'll try Staples or Home Depot to see about the Extreme model Sharpie.
I've made it a ritual to reapply Sharpie upon arrival of the 10th tee.
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: Ping Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping ZING 2

Ping 703 +3 wraps/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

13

#14 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1475

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

I use green. Seldom have an issue but usually mark a day or two before so they are good and dry.
TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G25 5-U
Cleveland RTX 54*
TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
PING Ketsch refinished by Continental Golf
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

14

#15 Pstar1978

Pstar1978

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284556
  • Joined: 11/17/2013
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:21 AM

I mark my balls the same as you OP and I use the painted sharpies that are used for construction. It does fade during the round but not completely. I also mark them the day before and I let them dry.


15

#16 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 930 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 908

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

I use a Sharpie magenta stripe as my mark.  Just switched to neon pink, but have not tried yet.  Maybe I will spin some balls today.  I can usually get a round of usage before needing to re-apply the stripe.  As far as I can tell the ink comes off due to club strikes most of the time.  For the most part the ink, even when dry, sits on the surface of the clear coat on the ball.  I am not sure any ink will etch into or grab onto the clear coat enough to withstand club impact very well.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Srixon Z-star XV or Titleist AVX in yellow

16

#17 oldsticksnewsticks

oldsticksnewsticks

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424892
  • Joined: 05/12/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

I use a normal red sharpie. I mark them before and find nothing other than a driver takes the mark off of a ball marked a few hours ahead of time.

Maybe try teeing the ball up so you aren't hitting the mark on your first shot. I find as small as my markings are I don't even hit that area of the ball on most shots.

17

#18 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23203

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

View Postoldsticksnewsticks, on 13 November 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I use a normal red sharpie. I mark them before and find nothing other than a driver takes the mark off of a ball marked a few hours ahead of time.

Maybe try teeing the ball up so you aren't hitting the mark on your first shot. I find as small as my markings are I don't even hit that area of the ball on most shots.

I like seeing the mark on the driver or iron face.  It's a nice way to learn where you're making contact on the face.

18

#19 NJpatbee

NJpatbee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266092
  • Joined: 07/24/2013
  • Location:Sussex County, NJ
  • Handicap:17.5
GolfWRX Likes : 433

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

I use and extra-fine red sharpie to color one dimple strategically located on the ball.  I tend to lose a ball/round so I have never had any trouble with the color fading.

19

#20 ThunderBuzzworth

ThunderBuzzworth

    Hulk... Smash!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132069
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
  • Location:Metro Detroit
  • Handicap:+3
GolfWRX Likes : 2050

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

sharpie is the best.
I switched to the Yellow Srixon XV to end the seasom and I used the NEON orange sharpie to put my marking on them. Chartreuse ball with neon orange dots = best color combo of all time!!

Current WITB

Taylormade 2016 M1 7.8* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
Titleist 917 F3 15* (Tensei Pro white 90tx)
Titleist 716 TMB 19* (DG X100)
Callaway 18’ X Forged 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 130)
Titleist Vokey SM6 50F black (x100)
Titleist Vokey TVD 55K black (x100)
Titleist Vokey SM7 60D black (x100)
Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34”
Srixon Z Star XV 17’ Yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Londoner

Londoner

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483738
  • Joined: 10/07/2017
  • Location:Sheffield England
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:Woofwoof666
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostSocrates, on 12 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostLondoner, on 12 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

NOT blue. Blue rubs off on other balls in my bag. They all end up with a blue hue.
That's one reason to keep the balls in their sleeves.
I'll do that when my dog starts finding pro v1s in their sleeves. :taunt:

It dosent seem to spread if I avoid blue though.

Edited by Londoner, 13 November 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
ping anser
Titleist sm6 50 +54
Cleveland 60

21

#22 joker2

joker2

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 268878
  • Joined: 08/06/2013
  • Location:Earth
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostThunderBuzzworth, on 13 November 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

sharpie is the best.
I switched to the Yellow Srixon XV to end the seasom and I used the NEON orange sharpie to put my marking on them. Chartreuse ball with neon orange dots = best color combo of all time!!

Who dresses you in the morning?!?  :taunt:
Just say'in...

22

#23 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

    Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
  • Joined: 08/04/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 3724

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

I like the one handed operation of the retractable.
Posted Image

In ::gasp:: BLUE.

23

#24 BishopBreaking80

BishopBreaking80

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375087
  • Joined: 05/08/2015
  • Location:Salt Lake City, UT
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'll generally mark the majority of my balls when I get them, just to ease my obsessive-compulsive personality.  I use a Fleur-de-lis stencil from Tin Cup (no, I'm not a Saints fan), with a Black Sharpie Extra Fine Point to trace the border, then usually fill in with a black Sharpie Fine Point.  To line up and draw on in the right position (did I mention that the stencil needs to be properly positioned on the ball, too) takes me around 15-20 seconds.  So, I can complete a box in about 4 minutes.

I have been turning balls to marked-side-out off the tee in the past.  But, Dave brings up a good suggestion in turning the marks facing in, so I can tell where on the face I'm striking the ball (although the marking will fade or smudge much more-easily in doing this).

Did I mention that I'm a bit OCP?

-Bishop
SLDR 460 Black 10.5°
Bombtech Grenade 15°
SLDR Hybrid 19°
Mizuno MX-23 (3i-Pw) True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts, Golf Pride CP2 grips
Mizuno MP-30 (4i-Pw) True Temper XP 115 S300 Shafts, SuperStroke TX1 Grips
Cleveland CG 16 Wedges (52°, RTX-2 56°, 60°), SuperStroke TX1 Grips
Odyssey Works Tank 1w Superstoke CounterCore Slim 3.0
B-330S, K-Sig, TP5, ProV1

24

#25 bazinky

bazinky

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33287
  • Joined: 06/29/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 683

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

Bic Mark-it. Harder to find, but much more durable in comparison to a Sharpie.

Cobra LTD @10.5 - UST Elements Chrome 6F4
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 @C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro @20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro @23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
Ping i20 5-UW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
Ping Glide 54 SS - CFS Wedge S - Blue Dot
Ping Glide 58 ES - CFS Wedge S - Black Dot
Titleist Studio Select Newport 2 - 33"

25

#26 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 574

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Came here to say BIC like bazinky mentioned.  The BIC has a better nib and ink and you can get them for a couple bucks less than Sharpie.  You can get them at OD here: Bic Markers

26

#27 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

I mark my balls when I get home from the store.  I think that it's silly that balls are sold in sleeves where all 3 balls contain the same number as one another.  If I have to hit a provisional, and find both balls near one another, and they both have the same number and marking on them, how I identify which was the first one that I hit?

So, when I get home, I mark all of my balls and put them back into the sleeves so that each sleeve contains balls with 3 unique numbers.  I end up with sleeves containing 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3-4, 2-3-4.  I've never had a problem with ink fading to the point where it needs to be touched up.  I used a fine point blue sharpie and put 3 blue dots in a triangle around the number.

27

#28 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17373

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 12 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

I currently use a Sharpie brand in black color to mark my golf balls.  Typically I need to freshen the mark at least once during the round.  Has anyone found a different brand or color of marker that has proven very durable?  Thanks.

I have the same issue. My golf balls are marked well before I ever put them in play, yet I still have to re-apply once, sometimes twice during a round.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

28

#29 Londoner

Londoner

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483738
  • Joined: 10/07/2017
  • Location:Sheffield England
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:Woofwoof666
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostBill Broderick, on 14 November 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I mark my balls when I get home from the store.  I think that it's silly that balls are sold in sleeves where all 3 balls contain the same number as one another.  If I have to hit a provisional, and find both balls near one another, and they both have the same number and marking on them, how I identify which was the first one that I hit?

So, when I get home, I mark all of my balls and put them back into the sleeves so that each sleeve contains balls with 3 unique numbers.  I end up with sleeves containing 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3-4, 2-3-4.  I've never had a problem with ink fading to the point where it needs to be touched up.  I used a fine point blue sharpie and put 3 blue dots in a triangle around the number.
I could find a more complicated way of doing it but it would take me a while.
TIP - stick a P on one ball and leave it in your bag.

Edited by Londoner, 14 November 2017 - 04:28 PM.

Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
ping anser
Titleist sm6 50 +54
Cleveland 60

29

#30 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostLondoner, on 14 November 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

View PostBill Broderick, on 14 November 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I mark my balls when I get home from the store.  I think that it's silly that balls are sold in sleeves where all 3 balls contain the same number as one another.  If I have to hit a provisional, and find both balls near one another, and they both have the same number and marking on them, how I identify which was the first one that I hit?

So, when I get home, I mark all of my balls and put them back into the sleeves so that each sleeve contains balls with 3 unique numbers.  I end up with sleeves containing 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3-4, 2-3-4.  I've never had a problem with ink fading to the point where it needs to be touched up.  I used a fine point blue sharpie and put 3 blue dots in a triangle around the number.
I could find a more complicated way of doing it but it would take me a while.
TIP - stick a P on one ball and leave it in your bag.

I don't know.  Dump the sleeves into the box cover, mark them and put them back into the sleeves in a different sequence and I'm done.  My balls are all marked and a provisional is always in my pocket and it's the same ball that I'm playing that day.  Seems pretty straight forward and logical to me.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors