Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sad Notre dame fan


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU LAY AN EGG LIKE THIS? See I didn’t think there could be anything more depressing then my golf season then I get this performance. Such a shame. But hey the Knicks are playing good so there’s that!

Matthew HCP-12

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Joined: 06/22/2013
  • Location:Commerce, GA
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1125

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Sad Georgia fan checking in
Adams Fast 12LS w/ Motore Speeder TS
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
TM RSI Tours w/ Nippon NS Pro 950
Cleveland RTX 588 52* and TM Tour Preferred 58*
Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

2

#3 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

View PostCommerceTiger, on 11 November 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Sad Georgia fan checking in

Somehow someway we can get through this anyone but Bama at this point I guess...
Matthew HCP-12

3

#4 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13192

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:47 AM

I knew that Notre Dame ranking was clown.

4

#5 Chief Illiniwek

Chief Illiniwek

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59803
  • Joined: 07/07/2008
  • Location:central Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 1722

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

View Postbscinstnct, on 12 November 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

I knew that Notre Dame ranking was clown.

This post has been applicable for over 20 years.


5

#6 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Phoenix, Az
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1973

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

View Postmattd1206, on 11 November 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU LAY AN EGG LIKE THIS? See I didn’t think there could be anything more depressing then my golf season then I get this performance. Such a shame. But hey the Knicks are playing good so there’s that!

Welcome to the club!

- Frustrated Buckeye Fan
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

6

#7 Jmx

Jmx

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468122
  • Joined: 05/18/2017
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

View Postmattd1206, on 11 November 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU LAY AN EGG LIKE THIS? See I didn’t think there could be anything more depressing then my golf season then I get this performance. Such a shame. But hey the Knicks are playing good so there’s that!
It's ok, you can only go up from here.... I hope....

7

#8 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

View Postbscinstnct, on 12 November 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

I knew that Notre Dame ranking was clown.

I wouldn’t say clown... I do think it’s hard to rank them being independent but Miami played outta their mind too. We did lose to Georgia by one but hey it’s over anyway
Matthew HCP-12

8

#9 Cspackler6

Cspackler6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 315063
  • Joined: 05/15/2014
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Nd is a solid team. Their ranking wasn't bad and isn't now either. Irish could have put up same game as UM if it went differently. Everyone would have been saying "told you so" about canes and Irish.  Anyone in the top 13 right now could do that to each other with USC and bama being outliers. Bama more and USC less of a chance of a chance everything going right. 2-13 are so close and with injuries bama not as far out in front. Clemson and bama are the least likely to lay an egg any given game.

9

#10 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Phoenix, Az
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1973

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostCspackler6, on 16 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Nd is a solid team. Their ranking wasn't bad and isn't now either. Irish could have put up same game as UM if it went differently. Everyone would have been saying "told you so" about canes and Irish.  Anyone in the top 13 right now could do that to each other with USC and bama being outliers. Bama more and USC less of a chance of a chance everything going right. 2-13 are so close and with injuries bama not as far out in front. Clemson and bama are the least likely to lay an egg any given game.

Clemson laid a pretty massive turd against Syracuse.  Bama is really the only team which hasn't laid an egg all year.  Their schedule also hasn't been as tough as some of the teams up there.

But you are absolutely right about the top 10 to 12 teams being so close.  Ohio State is a perfect example.  When they play well (second half against Penn State and last week against MSU, just as examples) they very well may be the best team in the country.  But they simply haven't brought it every week.  They got run out of the building by Iowa in a game which it looked like Iowa was playing Rutgers and against OU, even though the Buckeyes were leading the game mid way through the 3rd qtr, they simply could not move the ball against a porous OU defense.

This has been a pretty common theme throughout all of college football.  Miami has 3 or so games on their schedule in which they did everything possible to lose against inferior opponents and yet they pulled out W's.  Clemson laid an egg against Syracuse and has had some games which are closer than they should be (FSU this past weekend as an example).  UGA just got throttled which came seemingly out of nowhere.  This year has been total chaos.

Edited by SilverBullets, 16 November 2017 - 11:55 AM.

Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostSilverBullets, on 16 November 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostCspackler6, on 16 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Nd is a solid team. Their ranking wasn't bad and isn't now either. Irish could have put up same game as UM if it went differently. Everyone would have been saying "told you so" about canes and Irish.  Anyone in the top 13 right now could do that to each other with USC and bama being outliers. Bama more and USC less of a chance of a chance everything going right. 2-13 are so close and with injuries bama not as far out in front. Clemson and bama are the least likely to lay an egg any given game.

Clemson laid a pretty massive turd against Syracuse.  Bama is really the only team which hasn't laid an egg all year.  Their schedule also hasn't been as tough as some of the teams up there.

But you are absolutely right about the top 10 to 12 teams being so close.  Ohio State is a perfect example.  When they play well (second half against Penn State and last week against MSU, just as examples) they very well may be the best team in the country.  But they simply haven't brought it every week.  They got run out of the building by Iowa in a game which it looked like Iowa was playing Rutgers and against OU, even though the Buckeyes were leading the game mid way through the 3rd qtr, they simply could not move the ball against a porous OU defense.

This has been a pretty common theme throughout all of college football.  Miami has 3 or so games on their schedule in which they did everything possible to lose against inferior opponents and yet they pulled out W's.  Clemson laid an egg against Syracuse and has had some games which are closer than they should be (FSU this past weekend as an example).  UGA just got throttled which came seemingly out of nowhere.  This year has been total chaos.

The issue with Alabama is literally all schedule. Yes they have their sec schedule but it’s 8 conference games not 9 and also Mercer. Come on guys. That being said Alabama looks more beatable than any years I can remember. The best team is more than likely Clemson. Or auburn If they win out. Crazy year this year for sure
Matthew HCP-12

11

#12 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13192

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Edited by bscinstnct, 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM.


12

#13 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Honestly didn’t watch the game lol. But that’s how it works. Team gets knocked out of playoff contention comes out plays bad. Michigan penn state and ND all did it. No big deal at this point take the wins and get a better Q.B developed they’ll be right where they were
Matthew HCP-12

13

#14 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Phoenix, Az
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1973

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Honestly didn’t watch the game lol. But that’s how it works. Team gets knocked out of playoff contention comes out plays bad. Michigan penn state and ND all did it. No big deal at this point take the wins and get a better Q.B developed they’ll be right where they were

Ohio State got ‘knocked out’ of playoff contention and went to beat a 12th ranked MSU team by what?  6 tds?  Real teams get wake up calls.  Fake teams get exposed.
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

14

#15 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostSilverBullets, on 18 November 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Honestly didn’t watch the game lol. But that’s how it works. Team gets knocked out of playoff contention comes out plays bad. Michigan penn state and ND all did it. No big deal at this point take the wins and get a better Q.B developed they’ll be right where they were

Ohio State got ‘knocked out’ of playoff contention and went to beat a 12th ranked MSU team by what?  6 tds?  Real teams get wake up calls.  Fake teams get exposed.


Quit lol I agree overall that the better teams do win but good teams get beat sometimes. Penn state? Still a top team just the kids know they have no Chance you lose a little bit of fire or hope. Tough for coaches to get that spirit back. And I also saw Ohio state get swamped by Iowa.

Matthew HCP-12

15

#16 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Phoenix, Az
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1973

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 18 November 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Honestly didn’t watch the game lol. But that’s how it works. Team gets knocked out of playoff contention comes out plays bad. Michigan penn state and ND all did it. No big deal at this point take the wins and get a better Q.B developed they’ll be right where they were

Ohio State got ‘knocked out’ of playoff contention and went to beat a 12th ranked MSU team by what?  6 tds?  Real teams get wake up calls.  Fake teams get exposed.


Quit lol I agree overall that the better teams do win but good teams get beat sometimes. Penn state? Still a top team just the kids know they have no Chance you lose a little bit of fire or hope. Tough for coaches to get that spirit back. And I also saw Ohio state get swamped by Iowa.

Yes this is a down year for Ohio State... defense is a mess, they haven’t been able replace all the draft picks in the secondary.  This is probably the 5th best Ohio State team in Urban’s 7 years (so a down year... last years team was kind of the opposite of this team.. terrible offensively but stout Def... I’d have that team behind this one.. and the 2012 undefeated team behind this one as well.. that team was not a great team.  They played absolutely no one which was the only reason they went 12-0)... and they still look poised to win 10 games and a Big Ten Title.
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

16

#17 mattd1206

mattd1206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
  • Location:clymer
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostSilverBullets, on 18 November 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 18 November 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 18 November 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 18 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Time of possession today: Navy 42:42, Notre Dame 17:18.

https://mobile.twitt...036171391275010

Clown win ; )

Honestly didn’t watch the game lol. But that’s how it works. Team gets knocked out of playoff contention comes out plays bad. Michigan penn state and ND all did it. No big deal at this point take the wins and get a better Q.B developed they’ll be right where they were

Ohio State got ‘knocked out’ of playoff contention and went to beat a 12th ranked MSU team by what?  6 tds?  Real teams get wake up calls.  Fake teams get exposed.


Quit lol I agree overall that the better teams do win but good teams get beat sometimes. Penn state? Still a top team just the kids know they have no Chance you lose a little bit of fire or hope. Tough for coaches to get that spirit back. And I also saw Ohio state get swamped by Iowa.

Yes this is a down year for Ohio State... defense is a mess, they haven’t been able replace all the draft picks in the secondary.  This is probably the 5th best Ohio State team in Urban’s 7 years (so a down year... last years team was kind of the opposite of this team.. terrible offensively but stout Def... I’d have that team behind this one.. and the 2012 undefeated team behind this one as well.. that team was not a great team.  They played absolutely no one which was the only reason they went 12-0)... and they still look poised to win 10 games and a Big Ten Title.


I’m not knocking them as a team I’m just saying there are times where kids take a bad loss and can’t recover. I think that skill wise there are teams with two losses that are just as talented. Just didn’t carry the want game to game.
Matthew HCP-12

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors