Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sphera 3 and 4 piece urethane ball test

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tarmactrr

tarmactrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107184
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

I was contacted by Sphera golf to test their golf balls. Fyi i was given the product but i have no affiliation with the company.  Here is my test and results.

https://www.youtube....h?v=106SEBB2kNQ

All club (no driver as its a bit tight in my sim room) data against a 2017 ProV1 and 2017 Taylormade TP5 - https://i.imgur.com/zlpBPYn.png

Some things i noted about the balls.

The sphera 3 piece for me was the highest spinning ball, especially on the longer irons.

Higher spin rates meant shorter distances, which became significant when getting to the longer irons/woods.

The test reaffirms for me at least that the TP5/TP5X are the best balls IMO. Highest ball speeds, lower spin rates, more carry distance.

I think its important to also note what works best for my swing might not work best for yours.

Final Verdict - Balls are solid and seem to be comparable to other Urethane balls on the market. Downside is their pricing point puts them with stiff competition and the ball doesn't seem to be really better than other balls, just comparable.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 deetsal

deetsal

deetsal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348655
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 PM

Oh how I wish I had curved walls, much more efficient use of space ��. Thanks for the review.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors