Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2nd stage over, now what?


41 replies to this topic

#1 CP_Circa62

CP_Circa62

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69169
  • Joined: 11/12/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

2

#3 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 5002

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Youíre only in the reshuffle if you have status, even if itís bad status.  Those with no status will not reshuffle.

3

#4 snizzle

snizzle

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442582
  • Joined: 10/05/2016
  • Location:CA
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Beau Hossler couldn't play last year at Q school coming off the injury in the NCAA tournament.  After a few sponsor exemptions on the PGA he Monday qualified for one of the Web events in June, finished 2nd that week and which was good enough to gain status for the remainder of the season.  He ended up finishing in the top 25 to secure a PGA card despite having no status to begin the season.  The odds are against it but it can happen.  There are a ton of guys trying to qualify the first few events but number begins to thin out by the summer.

I would also recommend PGA Tour Canada(or PGA Latin America) as an option.  The top 10 finishers on their order of merit go straight to final stage so will have some status on the Web.  The top 5 finishers on those tours get Web.com cards while the winner of the order of merit on those tours get full exemption on the Web.  Jordan Spieth's college roommate, Kramer Hickok, won this past season's Mackenzie Tour Order of Merit so will be exempt all season on the Web Tour.

4

#5 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19486

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.


5

#6 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 2726

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (Diamana D+ 83X)
Ping i20 3 (PXi 6.0), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

6

#7 McCann1

McCann1

    Tour Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Joined: 02/03/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1356

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.
Well if you make enough as an outsider you can earn unlimited sponsor exemptions, i think J.T. Poston got his status that way
Enjoy the chase.

7

#8 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3222

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?

I think one of them posted right below you on this thread.

8

#9 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 5002

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostMcCann1, on 11 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.
Well if you make enough as an outsider you can earn unlimited sponsor exemptions, i think J.T. Poston got his status that way

Pretty sure you have to make what top 100 did the previous year

9

#10 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 970

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 11 November 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

View PostMcCann1, on 11 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.
Well if you make enough as an outsider you can earn unlimited sponsor exemptions, i think J.T. Poston got his status that way

Pretty sure you have to make what top 100 did the previous year
Special Temporary Member:

A non-member of the PGA TOUR who wins an amount of official money, when combined with money earned in official money World Golf Championships events, equal to or greater than the amount won by the 150th finisher on the previous year’s Official PGA TOUR Money List. He must join within 60 days after becoming eligible. The non-member is eligible to receive a maximum of seven Sponsor Exemptions before reaching Special Temporary Member status and unlimited Sponsor Exemptions thereafter.

http://mediaguide.pg...F0?openDocument


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
  • Joined: 10/06/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

i  think you guys are talking different tours. Pretty sure web reshuffles different than The big boys & the smaller boys up north and south .

11

#12 McCann1

McCann1

    Tour Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Joined: 02/03/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1356

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

View Postgrm24, on 11 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 11 November 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

View PostMcCann1, on 11 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.
Well if you make enough as an outsider you can earn unlimited sponsor exemptions, i think J.T. Poston got his status that way

Pretty sure you have to make what top 100 did the previous year
Special Temporary Member:

A non-member of the PGA TOUR who wins an amount of official money, when combined with money earned in official money World Golf Championships events, equal to or greater than the amount won by the 150th finisher on the previous yearís Official PGA TOUR Money List. He must join within 60 days after becoming eligible. The non-member is eligible to receive a maximum of seven Sponsor Exemptions before reaching Special Temporary Member status and unlimited Sponsor Exemptions thereafter.

http://mediaguide.pg...F0?openDocument
We weíre talking about Web tour. At least i was
Enjoy the chase.

12

#13 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1041

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

I wonder what happened to this guy after he failed to advance out of the second stage five years ago.

http://golfweek.com/...-will-he-still/
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

13

#14 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 970

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostMcCann1, on 12 November 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

We we're talking about Web tour. At least i was
Sorry Chad. You're correct. For Web.com it is the top 100 as mentioned by yourself and iteachgolf for unlimited exemptions. My error!

14

#15 BrianL99

BrianL99

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Joined: 01/20/2012
  • Location:Concord, MA & Spring Hill, FL
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3225

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?

Dru Love made Bogey on his 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to miss.

Brendan Todd, who's made millions on the PGA Tour and won the 2014 Byron Nelson, didn't make it at Southern Hills.

Todd Dempsey, 4 Time All-American, 1993 NCAA Champion and Philly Mick roommate at ASU, didn't make it at SH.

Tommy Gainey, failed at Southern Hills.

Bobby Wyatt missed at SH.

Alexandre Rocha made Bogey on his 71st & 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to change the Cut Line from -9 to -8, which got a friend of mine in at the last minute.


15

#16 AP2 712

AP2 712

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104278
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

View PostBrianL99, on 12 November 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?

Dru Love made Bogey on his 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to miss.

Brendan Todd, who's made millions on the PGA Tour and won the 2014 Byron Nelson, didn't make it at Southern Hills.

Todd Dempsey, 4 Time All-American, 1993 NCAA Champion and Philly Mick roommate at ASU, didn't make it at SH.

Tommy Gainey, failed at Southern Hills.

Bobby Wyatt missed at SH.

Alexandre Rocha made Bogey on his 71st & 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to change the Cut Line from -9 to -8, which got a friend of mine in at the last minute.

Add Ben Polland and Oliver Goss to that list

16

#17 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 5002

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

View Postgrm24, on 11 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 11 November 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

View PostMcCann1, on 11 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.
Well if you make enough as an outsider you can earn unlimited sponsor exemptions, i think J.T. Poston got his status that way

Pretty sure you have to make what top 100 did the previous year
Special Temporary Member:

A non-member of the PGA TOUR who wins an amount of official money, when combined with money earned in official money World Golf Championships events, equal to or greater than the amount won by the 150th finisher on the previous yearís Official PGA TOUR Money List. He must join within 60 days after becoming eligible. The non-member is eligible to receive a maximum of seven Sponsor Exemptions before reaching Special Temporary Member status and unlimited Sponsor Exemptions thereafter.

http://mediaguide.pg...F0?openDocument

Thatís PGA Tour.   I was talking Web.com.

17

#18 BrianL99

BrianL99

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Joined: 01/20/2012
  • Location:Concord, MA & Spring Hill, FL
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3225

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostAP2 712, on 12 November 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

View PostBrianL99, on 12 November 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?

Dru Love made Bogey on his 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to miss.

Brendan Todd, who's made millions on the PGA Tour and won the 2014 Byron Nelson, didn't make it at Southern Hills.

Todd Dempsey, 4 Time All-American, 1993 NCAA Champion and Philly Mick roommate at ASU, didn't make it at SH.

Tommy Gainey, failed at Southern Hills.

Bobby Wyatt missed at SH.

Alexandre Rocha made Bogey on his 71st & 72nd Hole at Southern Hills, to change the Cut Line from -9 to -8, which got a friend of mine in at the last minute.

Add Ben Polland and Oliver Goss to that list

Neither Polland or Goss aren't and I don't think have ever, been in the Top 750 of the OWGR ... I didn't think of them  :)

Edited by BrianL99, 12 November 2017 - 06:51 AM.


18

#19 AP2 712

AP2 712

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104278
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:21 AM

Oh, i guess i didn’t see where top 750 in OWGR qualifies someone as a good player. Those 2 have some crappy resume now that you’ve clarified that for us.

19

#20 McCann1

McCann1

    Tour Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Joined: 02/03/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1356

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

View Postgrm24, on 12 November 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

View PostMcCann1, on 12 November 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

We we're talking about Web tour. At least i was
Sorry Chad. You're correct. For Web.com it is the top 100 as mentioned by yourself and iteachgolf for unlimited exemptions. My error!
no worries, doesnít hurt to throw that info on PGA out there!

Enjoy the chase.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 11 November 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

You're only in the reshuffle if you have status, even if it's bad status.  Those with no status will not reshuffle.

Wasn't aware of that, good to know, thanks.

21

#22 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 11 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

All of that really, plus the hope of a sponsor exemption.
If you can Monday into one of the first 5 or 6 events all you then have to do is make 1 cut and you will reshuffle yourself into full status, until the next reshuffle at least.

This is a brutal game...so many good players have nowhere to play next year...and there were some big choke jobs yesterday to miss out on final stage.

Don't think you're right Hack.  If you Monday qualify, you need to finish in the top 10 to get into the next event but you have no guarantee beyond that unless you keep finishing in the top 10 or win an event.

Its top 25 on the Web Tour to play in the next event if you don't have status. It is definitely true though, that if you Monday in before the first reshuffle (as a member per iteachgolf) and make 1 cut you will reshuffle in as there are always guys who do not make a cut in the first run of tournaments.

22

#23 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?
Lets add...
Curtis Thompson
Matt Goggin
Steve Allan
Matt Davidson
Aron Price
Brett Wetterich
Tyler Aldridge
Cam Wilson
Byron Smith
Parker McLaughlin
Ted Purdy
Mark Silvers
Michael Letzig
Two Gloves
Cory Whitsett
Drew Weaver
Sebastian Vaquez
Brad Fritch
Peter Tomasulo
Brad Elder
Brad Adamonis
BJ Staten

Maybe not household names for everyone, but mainstays on the Web and PGA Tour for years among that group.

23

#24 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290733
  • Joined: 01/07/2014
  • Location:CA
GolfWRX Likes : 2073

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

https://www.pgatour....ty-ranking.html

24

#25 BrianL99

BrianL99

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Joined: 01/20/2012
  • Location:Concord, MA & Spring Hill, FL
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3225

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostOutBackHack, on 12 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?
Lets add...
Curtis Thompson
Matt Goggin
Steve Allan
Matt Davidson
Aron Price
Brett Wetterich
Tyler Aldridge
Cam Wilson
Byron Smith
Parker McLaughlin
Ted Purdy
Mark Silvers
Michael Letzig
Two Gloves
Cory Whitsett
Drew Weaver
Sebastian Vaquez
Brad Fritch
Peter Tomasulo
Brad Elder
Brad Adamonis
BJ Staten

Maybe not household names for everyone, but mainstays on the Web and PGA Tour for years among that group.

There are a lot of names on that list, who have been on the big tour and made money.

From what I'm told by the guys playing in it, 2nd Stage is the hardest to get through.   Only 20+ from each of 6 sites?  130-140 guys, out of what?  600?  That started as over 2000, with Preliminaries?

& at least as I understand the process, once you make it through 2nd Stage, you have status on the Web.com and get into any Monday Qualifiers and at a reduced price.

Finals take how many?  40 out of 180-200?  & that's playing for how high you are on the priority list.


25

#26 Loki

Loki

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267220
  • Joined: 07/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostAP2 712, on 12 November 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh, i guess i didnít see where top 750 in OWGR qualifies someone as a good player. Those 2 have some crappy resume now that youíve clarified that for us.

Yeah, being in the top 750 in the world doesnít make you a very good golfer.

26

#27 AP2 712

AP2 712

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104278
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostLoki, on 12 November 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostAP2 712, on 12 November 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh, i guess i didn’t see where top 750 in OWGR qualifies someone as a good player. Those 2 have some crappy resume now that you’ve clarified that for us.

Yeah, being in the top 750 in the world doesn’t make you a very good golfer.

Um, What?

27

#28 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostBrianL99, on 12 November 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 12 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 11 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCP_Circa62, on 11 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The last 2nd stages of q school ended yesterday with a number of good players not advancing.  What are there most likely options? Min-tours, trying mondays, Canadian and LA tour?

Who are some of the good players that didn't advance?
Lets add...
Curtis Thompson
Matt Goggin
Steve Allan
Matt Davidson
Aron Price
Brett Wetterich
Tyler Aldridge
Cam Wilson
Byron Smith
Parker McLaughlin
Ted Purdy
Mark Silvers
Michael Letzig
Two Gloves
Cory Whitsett
Drew Weaver
Sebastian Vaquez
Brad Fritch
Peter Tomasulo
Brad Elder
Brad Adamonis
BJ Staten

Maybe not household names for everyone, but mainstays on the Web and PGA Tour for years among that group.

There are a lot of names on that list, who have been on the big tour and made money.

From what I'm told by the guys playing in it, 2nd Stage is the hardest to get through.   Only 20+ from each of 6 sites?  130-140 guys, out of what?  600?  That started as over 2000, with Preliminaries?

& at least as I understand the process, once you make it through 2nd Stage, you have status on the Web.com and get into any Monday Qualifiers and at a reduced price.

Finals take how many?  40 out of 180-200?  & that's playing for how high you are on the priority list.
45 and ties out of 144 and ties from 2nd stage, plus 76 to 85 on order of merit from previous web season.

Edited by OutBackHack, 12 November 2017 - 05:23 PM.


28

#29 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
  • Joined: 10/06/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostAP2 712, on 12 November 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostLoki, on 12 November 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostAP2 712, on 12 November 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh, i guess i didnít see where top 750 in OWGR qualifies someone as a good player. Those 2 have some crappy resume now that youíve clarified that for us.

Yeah, being in the top 750 in the world doesnít make you a very good golfer.

Um, What?
You canít seriosuly say someone whoís in the top 800 in the world at there craft isnít a good golfer . Unless your Nicklaus or woods posting under a surname . One can only imagine how much of an idea you have off how good you have to be #800 in the world

Edited by Aaronwilson_95, 12 November 2017 - 05:41 PM.


29

#30 BrianL99

BrianL99

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Joined: 01/20/2012
  • Location:Concord, MA & Spring Hill, FL
  • Handicap:IRL
GolfWRX Likes : 3225

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Just out of curiosity, do we have anyone here on WRX, who made it to Final Stage?

I'm probably going out to AZ, for the final 2 rounds.

Edited by BrianL99, 12 November 2017 - 05:46 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors