Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Winter blues

37 replies to this topic

#31 hybrid25

hybrid25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

For those who say just move to a warmer climate got to understand it's just not that easy in many cases. People have jobs family friends to consider. Also there really isn't any Paradise that is perfect. Florida has hurricanes many creatures that become pests and also premium prices in the winter and tourist season in the summer. Winters are long here in Michigan, and people tend to get blue over the circumstances but Michigan has a lot to offer in season as far as golf is concerned. I have always considered moving to Florida but choose not to because of some of the reasons listed oh, and others. It's just plain normal sometimes to complain a bit.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 mattd1206

mattd1206

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

View Posthybrid25, on 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

For those who say just move to a warmer climate got to understand it's just not that easy in many cases. People have jobs family friends to consider. Also there really isn't any Paradise that is perfect. Florida has hurricanes many creatures that become pests and also premium prices in the winter and tourist season in the summer. Winters are long here in Michigan, and people tend to get blue over the circumstances but Michigan has a lot to offer in season as far as golf is concerned. I have always considered moving to Florida but choose not to because of some of the reasons listed oh, and others. It's just plain normal sometimes to complain a bit.

You the real MVP man you get it lol. I’ve recently tossed the idea around about taking a few days in this upcoming summer or spring to plan a trip to golf in Michigan there seems to be some awesome resort courses up that way
Matthew HCP-12

#33 andrue

andrue

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:33 AM

View Posthybrid25, on 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Another possible issue is that warmer usually means closer to the equator and that means you don't get the long days of summer. I know someone who moved to southern Spain for work and he complains that he has to take half days off work to play during the week. I might have to put up with wet, cold or windy courses but at least between May and September I can go to the course in the evenings after work. The UK also benefits from its location. It's a lot warmer than it's latitude implies thanks to the Atlantic. We're on the same latitude as Canada but snow fall is low and temperatures rarely drop below -10 degrees C even at night. Anything below -5 degrees is considered to be a cold snap :)

Edited by andrue, 12 November 2017 - 03:35 AM.

Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

#34 BIG STU

BIG STU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 24832

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

View Postbluejeeprubi, on 11 November 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 10 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Never understood why people who choose to live in the arctic tundra always complain about living in the arctic tundra. Get outta there!! Sheesh!! (Yes, I'm trying to be funny. No, I'm not being overly serious, even thou....Stop yo whining!!!)

I got the winter blues too!  But mine is caused by all the old people coming to Florida for the winter.  I get to trade 3 hour rounds for 5 hour rounds.   Toss in higher green fees and people stopping after 9 for a full meal then hit 10 35 minutes later demanding they go ahead.
Yep we have the same thing here in the Grand Strand area of SC---   One note though most of the local full time residents/members have quit putting up with the demanding BS of the Snowbirds. We tell them when they get demanding and childish--- Screw you we are members and FULL TIME residents here. I am actually changing where I am a member at because since the large Chinese group has taken over they have shunned the members and locals and gear towards the tourists. I joined at the course across the street and met the owner yesterday. He is focusing more on the local full time resident trade. He told me he has gotten a lot of members from my course. He told me tourists are welcome but full time residents and members get priority
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
5 wood Adams Super S 18* Bassara Regular flex
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex shafts (yeah real Hogan shafts when Hogan was Hogan)
SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400
LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400
Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School Titleist Stand bag about 10 or 12 years old

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops
Vintage for now
P-40 Macgregor Super Eye O Matic 2 wood
3 wood Macgregor 945W
1 iron 1967 Spalding Top Flite
Irons 3 thru PW 1990 Hogan Grind
SW-- 1965 Wilson Staff Triple Duty 56*
Putter (for now) Acushnet 35 R Standard Bulls Eye
Bag Old School Burton PGA / Pepsi red white and blue

#35 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 29,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 16085

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

The winters seem to be getting longer here in the Northeast. I can remember a time being able to play golf every month. Not so much anymore. Now, March is iffy, and April has been cold. A couple of winters ago we didn't get into the 60s until well into May.

We have heated bays at my practice facility, but you really need to have the sun shining on really cold days to be able to use them. I don't like winter. I don't see any redeeming features.

Those of you in the South that don't have a lot of time to take advantage of it, at least can do some chipping and putting.

Callaway GBB Epic
Callaway GBB Epic 3/7
Callaway Steelhead XR 5
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54/58/62
Callaway Odyssey Works Tank 1W

#36 DivinDave

DivinDave

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417836
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Here in the Piney Woods of East Texas, there isnt much to do in winter EXCEPT to play golf.  WInter is mild here and below 40F is rare and we dont know what tourists are.

Come to think of it, there isn't much to do all the rest of the year either, except to play golf. Its pretty boring around here!  I guess I'll just have to deal with it.  LOL.
Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

#37 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
GolfWRX Likes : 3214

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Or you could just take matters into your own hands...... Barbados. View from room.
Attached File  81F8BC72-5E1E-4C6F-BF52-5394C68C6D79.jpeg   105.6K   4 downloads
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 5-PW Recoil Reg - D1
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

#38 WooPig

WooPig

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403526
  • Handicap:6.4
  • Ebay ID:mercera515
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

View Postmattd1206, on 10 November 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

View Postjaymayor, on 10 November 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 10 November 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 10 November 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

View Postmattd1206, on 10 November 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Ah as I wake up this morning and the ground is covered in that hellish white stuff I sit in bed wondering how quick I could pack all my stuff and move down south. After I decided that wouldn’t work to great I think how am I able to keep my golf addiction at ease for the winter months. Obviously club ho’ing with help but I also believe that I am going to spend a legitimate time of this winter hitting on a simulator that a local pga instructor owns. Hoping more than anything that this and the lessons provided will help not only keep my game sharp but keep me excited for next yearAlso looking for a driver fitting. Just trying to avoid the depression of winter at bay. Constant putting in the living room, watching golf YouTube videos, just hoping that I win one of those “free golf getaways” I entered with my fake email I’ve pulled out all the stops to make this winter better. But as many of you know I can only imagine that it will end with me bring the clubs into the bedroom and cleaning and sitting them at the end of the bed to make sure I keep good standing with them as they hate this time of year more than anyone. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated at this time as all golfers go through this tough times.

You need to get out the house more.

You just wouldn’t understand.

For whatever reason, this conversation reminded me of this....

�

I’ve seen this in several threads on here, what does it mean?!
Callaway GBB Epic 9*- Fujikura Pro Green S
Callaway GBB Epic SZ 3 wood- HZRDUS T800 S
PING G30 17* hybrid- stock S
PING G30 22* hybrid- stock S
Mizuno MP 54 (5-pw)- KBS C Taper LITE S
Mizuno T7 50*- KBS C Taper LITE S
Mizuno T7 54*- KBS C Taper LITE S
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 58*- KBS Tour V 125
Bettinardi '17 Studio Stock 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors