Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Winter blues

35 replies to this topic

#31 hybrid25

hybrid25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

For those who say just move to a warmer climate got to understand it's just not that easy in many cases. People have jobs family friends to consider. Also there really isn't any Paradise that is perfect. Florida has hurricanes many creatures that become pests and also premium prices in the winter and tourist season in the summer. Winters are long here in Michigan, and people tend to get blue over the circumstances but Michigan has a lot to offer in season as far as golf is concerned. I have always considered moving to Florida but choose not to because of some of the reasons listed oh, and others. It's just plain normal sometimes to complain a bit.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 mattd1206

mattd1206

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450274
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:mat_o2ttlqy70
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

View Posthybrid25, on 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

For those who say just move to a warmer climate got to understand it's just not that easy in many cases. People have jobs family friends to consider. Also there really isn't any Paradise that is perfect. Florida has hurricanes many creatures that become pests and also premium prices in the winter and tourist season in the summer. Winters are long here in Michigan, and people tend to get blue over the circumstances but Michigan has a lot to offer in season as far as golf is concerned. I have always considered moving to Florida but choose not to because of some of the reasons listed oh, and others. It's just plain normal sometimes to complain a bit.

You the real MVP man you get it lol. I’ve recently tossed the idea around about taking a few days in this upcoming summer or spring to plan a trip to golf in Michigan there seems to be some awesome resort courses up that way
Matthew HCP-12

#33 andrue

andrue

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:33 AM

View Posthybrid25, on 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Another possible issue is that warmer usually means closer to the equator and that means you don't get the long days of summer. I know someone who moved to southern Spain for work and he complains that he has to take half days off work to play during the week. I might have to put up with wet, cold or windy courses but at least between May and September I can go to the course in the evenings after work. The UK also benefits from its location. It's a lot warmer than it's latitude implies thanks to the Atlantic. We're on the same latitude as Canada but snow fall is low and temperatures rarely drop below -10 degrees C even at night. Anything below -5 degrees is considered to be a cold snap :)

Edited by andrue, 12 November 2017 - 03:35 AM.

Callaway XR Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Cleveland 60* LW
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

#34 BIG STU

BIG STU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22252

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

View Postbluejeeprubi, on 11 November 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 10 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Never understood why people who choose to live in the arctic tundra always complain about living in the arctic tundra. Get outta there!! Sheesh!! (Yes, I'm trying to be funny. No, I'm not being overly serious, even thou....Stop yo whining!!!)

I got the winter blues too!  But mine is caused by all the old people coming to Florida for the winter.  I get to trade 3 hour rounds for 5 hour rounds.   Toss in higher green fees and people stopping after 9 for a full meal then hit 10 35 minutes later demanding they go ahead.
Yep we have the same thing here in the Grand Strand area of SC---   One note though most of the local full time residents/members have quit putting up with the demanding BS of the Snowbirds. We tell them when they get demanding and childish--- Screw you we are members and FULL TIME residents here. I am actually changing where I am a member at because since the large Chinese group has taken over they have shunned the members and locals and gear towards the tourists. I joined at the course across the street and met the owner yesterday. He is focusing more on the local full time resident trade. He told me he has gotten a lot of members from my course. He told me tourists are welcome but full time residents and members get priority
Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

#35 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 26,212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 12885

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

The winters seem to be getting longer here in the Northeast. I can remember a time being able to play golf every month. Not so much anymore. Now, March is iffy, and April has been cold. A couple of winters ago we didn't get into the 60s until well into May.

We have heated bays at my practice facility, but you really need to have the sun shining on really cold days to be able to use them. I don't like winter. I don't see any redeeming features.

Those of you in the South that don't have a lot of time to take advantage of it, at least can do some chipping and putting.

Callaway GBB Epic 11º / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 40 R
Callaway GBB Epic 16º / 20º / 24º Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 50
Callaway CF16 / 6--AW / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway Forged and MD-PM 54º / 58º / 62º UST Recoil ES 460 F4

Callaway Odyssey O Works Tank #7

#36 DivinDave

DivinDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417836
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Here in the Piney Woods of East Texas, there isnt much to do in winter EXCEPT to play golf.  WInter is mild here and below 40F is rare and we dont know what tourists are.

Come to think of it, there isn't much to do all the rest of the year either, except to play golf. Its pretty boring around here!  I guess I'll just have to deal with it.  LOL.
Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors