Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rtx 2.0 cb vs vokey or nike etc..distance?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127678
  • Ebay ID:bigdcannons21
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

Anyone have feedback on the 2.0cb rtx wedges? How is distance compared to vokey and others? I heard spin is good but do they have the right grinds to open up for versatility and flops on tight lies?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Anyone gaming these? What is the feedback with the larger head and more bounce around the green and on flops? Does it still perform and is it good from different lies?

#3 oldsticksnewsticks

oldsticksnewsticks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424892
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

The larger head hasnít impacted my use around the greens. I do have the single dot (lowest bounce) versions though. The grind is perfectly versatile out of different lies and bunker types. I frequently play pitches with the face opened up and have never had an issue.

#4 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

View Postoldsticksnewsticks, on 13 November 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

The larger head hasnít impacted my use around the greens. I do have the single dot (lowest bounce) versions though. The grind is perfectly versatile out of different lies and bunker types. I frequently play pitches with the face opened up and have never had an issue.

thank you mine is the two dot Version and already has a lot of bounce so what I noticed is that it sits higher off the ground and my current wedge so I'm worried about firm tight lies trying to get underneath it for a flop shot

#5 oldsticksnewsticks

oldsticksnewsticks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Postrussian7, on 13 November 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

The larger head hasn't impacted my use around the greens. I do have the single dot (lowest bounce) versions though. The grind is perfectly versatile out of different lies and bunker types. I frequently play pitches with the face opened up and have never had an issue.

thank you mine is the two dot Version and already has a lot of bounce so what I noticed is that it sits higher off the ground and my current wedge so I'm worried about firm tight lies trying to get underneath it for a flop shot

I think the difference between one and two dots is four degrees which is a good bit. If you find that there's too much bounce for playing the face open you may want to look for a single dot version.

#6 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

View Postoldsticksnewsticks, on 14 November 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

View Postrussian7, on 13 November 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

The larger head hasn't impacted my use around the greens. I do have the single dot (lowest bounce) versions though. The grind is perfectly versatile out of different lies and bunker types. I frequently play pitches with the face opened up and have never had an issue.

I think the difference between one and two dots is four degrees which is a good bit. If you find that there's too much bounce for playing the face open you may want to look for a single dot version.

I don't get their design, so the bounce is 12* on mine and 2-dot, does the bounce correlate to the dot, or is there a specific degree for each dot? Yeah I got a great deal on 3 wedges but the bounce may be too much for summer hard and tight lies to open and flop shots.

#7 Tcann32

Tcann32

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343581
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:tcannon32
GolfWRX Likes : 1971

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

I've always been a big fan of Cleveland wedges and have gamed quite a few.

I don't care for the larger head, but it is what it is.

Now my main concern, which aligns with yours, is that I haven't found one that I love in a LW, as I haven't found one, not even the lowest bounce, that's really that versatile. I game a 58* from Scratch and I can lay it flat and the leading edge still stays relatively low, but my 58* RTX3 does not do the same.

Would it impact my game a ton? Probably not, as I don't find myself needing 110* of loft too often, but I'm sticking with what I know I can lay open on a tight lie and not worry so much about crushing it 10' off the ground 150 yards over the green.. lol
What's actually in the bag...
Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
Callaway BBA (2014)
Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled

#8 oldsticksnewsticks

oldsticksnewsticks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

View Postrussian7, on 14 November 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I don't get their design, so the bounce is 12* on mine and 2-dot, does the bounce correlate to the dot, or is there a specific degree for each dot? Yeah I got a great deal on 3 wedges but the bounce may be too much for summer hard and tight lies to open and flop shots.

The dots correspond to a different bounce depending on loft. You can go here https://www.2ndswing...cb-black-satin/ and click on "specs" to see the chart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors