Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ernest Sports Pro 14 launch monitor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

I was just curious if anybody has any reviews on this launch monitor. I've got a friend that has one and he seems to like it but I wanted some other input as well. For the price and all that it does, it seems like a good deal.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 mjforn

mjforn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Yep, I'm waiting to.......Really nobody got anything on this.

I'm looking to buy one but hardly anyone says anything. I already have the range in the garage but looking to add a monitor. I would like to stay under 500 bucks, but I've read that some guys get board with the little data it gives.
So who likes what?
Voice Caddy sc200
ES12
ES14
Mevo

Matt

Callaway GBB 9.5
Callaway 3w
Callaway Rx OS 4-AW
Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

#3 ParHunter

ParHunter

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121249
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

I had the SC 200 for one day and then sent it back again. For me the distances were way off because it calculates it based on club chosen and ball speed - the launch is estimated from the club used. So if you hit your ball higher or lower than what they think you should be doing with a given club the distance is way off. So no I would not recommend it. For just measuring club head speed, ball speed and smash factor it might be good enough.

#4 clos8

clos8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469968
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

I think of the list the meevo is the best one.

#5 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

I was at the show today and the Mevo was pretty impressive. Supposedly there is a Mevo 2 coming out that will be even better so you may want to hold off getting one. The SC 200 is smaller and more portable and give you the same info as the ES14. What I didnít like was the SC 200 keeps your info on the machine itself. The ES 14 has an app for your phone. You can look at your info where you go. There Mevo is more expensive but has video capability that the other two donít have.

#6 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

I have an ES14 and owned the ES12 prior to that.  I like the 14 for what it is.  It is pretty accurate in terms of distance and very easy to use.  Along with my sky pro I can hit balls and get more club and ball data than I can really decipher.  I use my ES14 outdoors just so I can see ball flight since it does not calculate dispersion.  They just announced integration with the skytracer app which will provide more data points than the ES14 alone.  Yes not all data points reported are measured but the algorithms are accurate enough for someone at my skill level to determine club gapping more accurately than just going to the range and firing at targets.  If you need more than just basic initial ball launch data then unfortunately the sub $500 monitors will leave you wanting more.  Hopefully the day will come when the big boys will give us a sub $1000 monitor that reads full flight (they can do it now).  At $500 a pop the big boys need to sell 30-40 units to equal 1 full size unit.  Not sure there are enough hardcore golfers willing to shell out over $500 for this technology yet in order to make it profitable for the likes of flightscope and trackman to basically make their premier product second tier in terms of sales and usage.

#7 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 6101

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 26 January 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I was at the show today and the Mevo was pretty impressive. Supposedly there is a Mevo 2 coming out that will be even better so you may want to hold off getting one.

By any chance did they give you any details on how it will be better?

#8 games

games

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

MEVO is a great value because of the accuracy in the data it measures, and its ability to overlay the data over an edited video of the swing that created the data.
They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors