Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Throwing fits/clubs on tour

100 replies to this topic

#61 KYMAR

KYMAR

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 14009

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 06 November 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostKYMAR, on 06 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

I wonder if Tiger fans ,in all their shameless excuse making glory, are pro unhinged club tossing because their allegiance demands it or if they themselves acted that way pre-1997 and it's in part what fuels said devotion.

I do the drop of disgust

Posted Image

That merely replaced the Hammer toss for fear he would fall down in crippling pain, forcing a WD.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 19,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 13205

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostKYMAR, on 06 November 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I wonder if Tiger fans ,in all their shameless excuse making glory, are pro unhinged club tossing because their allegiance demands it or if they themselves acted that way pre-1997 and it's in part what fuels said devotion.

I do the drop of disgust

Posted Image

That merely replaced the Hammer toss for fear he would fall down in crippling pain, forcing a WD.
'

Ha!

Well, I'm not throwing my club.Then I'd have to go get it...too lazy.

Unless I make an ace one day. I be like,

Posted Image

Then tomahawk one into the Shark Experience screen!

Edited by bscinstnct, 06 November 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#63 KYMAR

KYMAR

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 12,866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 14009

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 06 November 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

View PostKYMAR, on 06 November 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I do the drop of disgust

Posted Image

'

Ha!

Well, I'm not throwing my club.Then I'd have to go get it...too lazy.

Unless I make an ace one day. I be like,

Posted Image

Then tomahawk one into the Shark Experience screen!

That fist pump only made possible by his super human ability to put dislocated wrist bones back into place and continue on as though nothing happened. And the prayers of all his saints of course. :taunt:
Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

#64 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

I'm kinda surprised that any really cares about this at all.

It's their clubs. They can throw them if they want to. We all curse at work. Don't we?

The sooner people get over the "they're on TV/around children" BS the better. These people should not be role models. They play a game for a living and make way too much money doing it. Don't like seeing it? Turn it off.

#65 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133444
GolfWRX Likes : 1547

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 06 November 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

It's their clubs. They can throw them if they want to. We all curse at work. Don't we?

The sooner people get over the "they're on TV/around children" BS the better. These people should not be role models. They play a game for a living and make way too much money doing it. Don't like seeing it? Turn it off.

So what are you saying? It's okay to lose your cool and throw clubs and if so up until what point? When someone gets hit in the freaking head with one and is seriously injured. Or maybe until everyone is acting like a jerk and throwing clubs everywhere? Come on, I don't even believe you really believe that yourself. There is no such thing as absolute freedom to do whatever you want. Well there is and it's called total anarchy but it really doesn't work out well in the end. Sucking it up and behaving within certain levels of due care or social norms is probably a better alternative in my book.

Btw, the answer is no... we don't all curse at work. HR kind of frowns on it.

#66 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 19,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 13205

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostDpavs, on 06 November 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostJerseyBoy, on 06 November 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

So what are you saying? It's okay to lose your cool and throw clubs and if so up until what point? When someone gets hit in the freaking head with one and is seriously injured. Or maybe until everyone is acting like a jerk and throwing clubs everywhere? Come on, I don't even believe you really believe that yourself. There is no such thing as absolute freedom to do whatever you want. Well there is and it's called total anarchy but it really doesn't work out well in the end. Sucking it up and behaving within certain levels of due care or social norms is probably a better alternative in my book.

PS-key to dealing with HR is drop off a lot of tasty snacks down there. They will let you get away with anything.

#67 Petunia Sprinkle

Petunia Sprinkle

Future King of France

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397380
GolfWRX Likes : 3126

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostGolfjack, on 06 November 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Sadly, you become a better golfer by being robotic.  Play boring, correct golf, and it's totally the best round of your life.  Take stupid risks, throw clubs in lakes, probably your worst round.  So people are really right.  Golf is boring.  Good golf absolutely bores people to death.  Yet it's the hardest to do.

There are more options available than being a robot, or a big ****iní baby.

#68 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 411

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Dropping clubs in the follow through? Fine with me.
Slamming club heads down into the turf? Fine with me, as long as you don't damage the fairway/fringe.
Swearing? Absolutely fine with me.
Throwing the club more than 5 feet? Nah, that's too far/much. Slam it down, drop it, but don't chuck it across the field, or somewhere a crowd might be standing.

#69 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostjacobEDGE, on 06 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Slamming club heads down into the turf? Fine with me, as long as you don't damage the fairway/fringe.
Throwing the club more than 5 feet? Nah, that's too far/much. Slam it down, drop it, but don't chuck it across the field, or somewhere a crowd might be standing.

pretty much. Justin Thomas got justifiably destroyed for hitting a fan with his club earlier this year at the WGC in mexico. he hasnt done it since.

#70 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostPetunia Sprinkle, on 06 November 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Sadly, you become a better golfer by being robotic.  Play boring, correct golf, and it's totally the best round of your life.  Take stupid risks, throw clubs in lakes, probably your worst round.  So people are really right.  Golf is boring.  Good golf absolutely bores people to death.  Yet it's the hardest to do.

There are more options available than being a robot, or a big ****in' baby.

Again what tiger fans who are getting defensive in this thread dont get is 2 things can be true at the same time.1 he was amazing to watch and thrived on emotion and 2 alot of people along with his peers found him to have bratty behavior when it didnt go is way
I cant blame tom Watson for berating tiger back in the day. he always praised tigers game and basically said he needs to cut out the BS stuff out of it. Watson is 25 years older than him from a different time but can you blame him? it rubs people the wrong wa just likeSergio throwing his shoe did!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
GolfWRX Likes : 1273

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

........act in a manner that would make your mother proud of you

#72 nochct1

nochct1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57177
  • Ebay ID:dlcloser
GolfWRX Likes : 1810

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

View Postlowheel, on 06 November 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Again what tiger fans who are getting defensive in this thread dont get is 2 things can be true at the same time.1 he was amazing to watch and thrived on emotion and 2 alot of people along with his peers found him to have bratty behavior when it didnt go is way
I cant blame tom Watson for berating tiger back in the day. he always praised tigers game and basically said he needs to cut out the BS stuff out of it. Watson is 25 years older than him from a different time but can you blame him? it rubs people the wrong wa just likeSergio throwing his shoe did!

What does Tiger have to do with this?

#73 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

View Postnochct1, on 06 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

View Postlowheel, on 06 November 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

What does Tiger have to do with this?

Did you not read the thread? he was brought up several times, calm down

Edited by lowheel, 06 November 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#74 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Advanced

• 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

Whether I'm okay with it is irrelevant. I have no control over what the Pros do, and don't put them up on a pedestal, saying "they shouldn't do that!!! What will the kids say!!" BS.

They are going to do it. Don't like? Don't watch it. I do believe it myself. I never understood why people get so hysterical about it. I live MY life the way I want. I have no control over them, you, or anyone else.

"ANARCHY"???? LOL. more like HYPERBOLE.

Edited by JerseyBoy, 07 November 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#75 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 1997

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Really who cares?

I have known myself in my younger days to launch a club down a fairway and I have known one or two clubs to have ended up stuck up a tree. I don't think I have ever been playing with anyone when I have done that but does that make me sound more or less stupid, I don't know. In any event, I know that it makes me look stupid and I am sure that the Pro's who do it know that it makes them look stupid but in the heat of the moment, things happen and if throwing a club in the water is as bad as it gets then again, I ask really, who cares?

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Stiff Speeder Pro 74
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08 and 56.10
Titleist Vokey SM6 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

#76 jaymayor

jaymayor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461418
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jaymayor
GolfWRX Likes : 278

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=zsAythDzjXg

What about throwing clubs to win a tournament? Certainly you guys can't think it's wrong to throw a club out of anger and disgust, but it's okay to throw a club and rake to close out a win?

Let's not forget that the majority of people loved his celebration, club/rake throwin' and all.

Edited by jaymayor, 07 November 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#77 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,870 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 1117

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

I agree, I have no problems with clubs thrown in a lake or where there aren't any spectators.  I'm not aware of pro's throwing clubs where fans could be hurt, but I'd agree, that can't ever happen.

#78 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Advanced

• 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Don't throw the clubs into the Lake! You might hurt the fish!!

#79 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 07 November 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Whether I'm okay with it is irrelevant. I have no control over what the Pros do, and don't put them up on a pedestal, saying "they shouldn't do that!!! What will the kids say!!" BS.

They are going to do it. Don't like? Don't watch it. I do believe it myself. I never understood why people get so hysterical about it. I live MY life the way I want. I have no control over them, you, or anyone else.

"ANARCHY"???? LOL. more like HYPERBOLE.

Your history of expressing that you should be able to do what you want with your life is hardly news, but as you say how you conduct yourself is up to you. That said I seriously doubt that is a standard that can be applied broad spectrum as an acceptable social norm.

What I indicated was of course to an extent intended to be hyperbole in order to emphasize the point I was trying to make.  I simply don't buy into the same me, me, me, I should be able to do whatever I want shtick that others do. A certain level of decorum and social responsibility is an attribute and not a deterioration of an advanced culture and society. Sure we can argue over what those standards are or should be, but throwing clubs which can easily result in harm to another is easily an action that crosses the line for me. Honestly, the same would be true for any action which is done out of anger and\or in reckless disregard of public safety.

As to whether the public has any control over what the pro's do, I think you are wrong. If a significant number of public stops watching any sport telecast or stops buying tickets or mounts a social or other media campaign expressing disapproval of something, I think we would all see just how fast things would change and how much control the public truly has in such matters once it's voice is expressed in potential dollars and cents.

#80 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 07 November 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

I agree, I have no problems with clubs thrown in a lake or where there aren't any spectators.  I'm not aware of pro's throwing clubs where fans could be hurt, but I'd agree, that can't ever happen.

I think the simple point here is that we all understand that when a pro throws a club he is not trying to throw it where people are, but accidents do happen and the best way to control such potential harm is to deter the action which involves the risk.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 411

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

What about Perez holing out for Eagle and throwing his club up in the air?

#82 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Advanced

• 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostDpavs, on 07 November 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Your history of expressing that you should be able to do what you want with your life is hardly news, but as you say how you conduct yourself is up to you. That said I seriously doubt that is a standard that can be applied broad spectrum as an acceptable social norm.

What I indicated was of course to an extent intended to be hyperbole in order to emphasize the point I was trying to make.  I simply don't buy into the same me, me, me, I should be able to do whatever I want shtick that others do. A certain level of decorum and social responsibility is an attribute and not a deterioration of an advanced culture and society. Sure we can argue over what those standards are or should be, but throwing clubs which can easily result in harm to another is easily an action that crosses the line for me. Honestly, the same would be true for any action which is done out of anger and\or in reckless disregard of public safety.

As to whether the public has any control over what the pro's do, I think you are wrong. If a significant number of public stops watching any sport telecast or stops buying tickets or mounts a social or other media campaign expressing disapproval of something, I think we would all see just how fast things would change and how much control the public truly has in such matters once it's voice is expressed in potential dollars and cents.

LOL where exactly did I say it is acceptable as a public norm? Please point that out.

And by that extension, did you actually read me write that I behave this way?

I said I'm surprised that people care this much. I never said they should do it, did I?

I also said that if you find it distasteful, to turn it off? Do you think complaining on a Golf forum is going to somehow change anyone behavior on the Tour? For real?

I teach my kids not to throw clubs on the course and I lead by example. When/If they see a Pro do it, they know it's not okay, but that's not going to stop the Pro from doing it at all. Once again, if you don't like it, turn it the f*** off.

Hyperbole is not a way to have a discussion if you want to be taken seriously. Claiming Anarchy because a Pro throws their club into a lake is hysterical.

Amazing how holier than thou people get on the internet. The inference is that somehow you are better than me because you don't like Pros throwing their clubs and care about it enough to claim those who don't care will lead the world to Anarchy and that they are terrible people. HA! You are just like everyone else who claims to care by complaining on the Internet. And yes, I do that too for certain topics, so I am including myself in that criticism.

Edited by JerseyBoy, 07 November 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#83 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Advanced

• 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostDpavs, on 07 November 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postnew2g0lf, on 07 November 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

I think the simple point here is that we all understand that when a pro throws a club he is not trying to throw it where people are, but accidents do happen and the best way to control such potential harm is to deter the action which involves the risk.

Good luck with that. How do you propose to do that? A fine? They already do that for cussing on air. Perez was just fined for doing that in Asia. Does that stop anyone?

#84 fillwelix

fillwelix

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostNight train, on 05 November 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

I prefer Hogans theory........."never let 'em see ya sweat"
In match play, sure, because your playing partner can feed off that, but stroke play is different
WITB
Taylormade M1 2016 9.5*
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
Byron Morgan DH89

#85 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 07 November 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostDpavs, on 07 November 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

LOL where exactly did I say it is acceptable as a public norm? Please point that out.

And by that extension, did you actually read me write that I behave this way?

I said I'm surprised that people care this much. I never said they should do it, did I?

I also said that if you find it distasteful, to turn it off? Do you think complaining on a Golf forum is going to somehow change anyone behavior on the Tour? For real?

I teach my kids not to throw clubs on the course and I lead by example. When/If they see a Pro do it, they know it's not okay, but that's not going to stop the Pro from doing it at all. Once again, if you don't like it, turn it the f*** off.

Hyperbole is not a way to have a discussion if you want to be taken seriously. Claiming Anarchy because a Pro throws their club into a lake is hysterical.

Amazing how holier than thou people get on the internet. The inference is that somehow you are better than me because you don't like Pros throwing their clubs and care about it enough to claim those who don't care will lead the world to Anarchy and that they are terrible people. HA! You are just like everyone else who claims to care by complaining on the Internet. And yes, I do that too for certain topics, so I am including myself in that criticism.

"LOL where exactly did I say it is acceptable as a public norm? Please point that out."

It certainly seemed like you were implying that we should just accept that throwing clubs and such conduct is going to happen and move on based on your statement-

"Whether I'm okay with it is irrelevant. I have no control over what the Pros do, and don't put them up on a pedestal, saying "they shouldn't do that!!! What will the kids say!!" BS.  They are going to do it. Don't like? Don't watch it. I do believe it myself. I never understood why people get so hysterical about it. I live MY life the way I want. I have no control over them, you, or anyone else."

If I was incorrect in that presumption, I apologize of course. Either way as you can tell I happen to whole heatedly disagree. To me acceptance is sanction. Truthfully, I don't understand why anyone would look at it otherwise.

"Hyperbole is not a way to have a discussion if you want to be taken seriously. Claiming Anarchy because a Pro throws their club into a lake is hysterical."

Actually, hyperbole is commonly used and can be very effective in discussions and adult conversations. It just needs to be understood for what it is.

"Amazing how holier than thou people get on the internet."

So I'm guessing that was the use of a generalization but intended as a shot at me personally.  I don't think I have ever claimed to be perfect... far from it to be sure, but I have come to believe in certain core values and I stand by them without much compromise. It's part of my DNA I guess. I'm sure you are the same... I'd be willing to guess most people are really.

"The inference is that somehow you are better than me because you don't like Pros throwing their clubs and care about it enough to claim those who don't care will lead the world to Anarchy and that they are terrible people. HA! You are just like everyone else who claims to care by complaining on the Internet. And yes, I do that too for certain topics, so I am including myself in that criticism."

Truthfully, the only inference you should have drawn was that I do not agree with your position in this discussion. I also find it surprising (but I guess I am not shocked) that first you claim that I read something more into your post than you intended and then you go to the extreme to do the same.

It was not my intention to put you on the defensive. Honestly I find it better to try to just discuss my perspective and stay open minded... feels better to me in the long run. But saying I'm opened minded doesn't keep me from disagreeing of course!

#86 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Jack?

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

#87 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 07 November 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Jack?

Yeah even Jack lost it in his excitement...lol.. but catch the immediate look on his face.. like wtf did I just do and holy crap I hope no one gets hurt!

#88 Shilgy

Shilgy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4883

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

If he said wtf and almost beaned his fellow competitor that certainly proves it's not a recent trend. :) Of course the tee shot in this video belong in the ball goes too far thread as well.
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

#89 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

View PostShilgy, on 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

If he said wtf and almost beaned his fellow competitor that certainly proves it's not a recent trend. :) Of course the tee shot in this video belong in the ball goes too far thread as well.

I don't think he said anything but you could tell he was concerned that he had just done something dumb and someone might have gotten hurt from it. But I agree, that club throwing and swearing have been ought there for some time... no numbers on it and I could be wrong, but it does seem like it has gotten worse in the past 10-15 years though.

Edited by Dpavs, 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#90 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
GolfWRX Likes : 1273

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

View Postfillwelix, on 07 November 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 05 November 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

I prefer Hogans theory........."never let 'em see ya sweat"
In match play, sure, because your playing partner can feed off that, but stroke play is different

I'm 64 and haven't played any serious tournament golf in quite a few years..........but I did a bit at one time and watched my oldest son play D1 college golf............I can't ever remember seeing someone play better after throwing a tantrum.

Usually meant you didn't have to worry about them contending.

Just my experience!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors