Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

PXG 2018 ?

346 replies to this topic

#61 psygolf

psygolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7429
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

Biggest tech advance in equipment was the GBB...I was a caddie at the time and had to move 20-30 yards further down the fairway on fore-caddie holes for the respective player.  Supply/Demand drove it to $500 then down to $350.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 ssfranny

ssfranny

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 380

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

View Postchisag, on 13 November 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostKCCO, on 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.

... I can't speak for everyone but think the above describes more than a few. I don't really have any opinion on what clubs golfers play or how much they pay for them. Capitalism makes it possible to buy clubs at Costco or fit by PXG and anything in-between. I have a $799 shaft in my driver so cost isn't a criteria. None of that changes the fact that Parsons commercials are the tackiest golf commercials I have ever seen and I simply would to want to be associated with his products. Those commercials conjure up the exact kind of person I detest on a golf course ... loud, obnoxious, dropping cigar ashes on the green, talking on their cell phone while others wait, driving their carts right next to the green, etc. This of course may not describe a PXG player at all, but that is what the commercials make me think of. Not that I care what others think of my club choice, as someone commenting on the clubs in my bag is extremely rare, just my own personal compass would not allow me to play Parsons clubs. If I was given a free set of custom fit PXG's I would just sell them and buy something I would enjoy playing.

I get what youre saying and I know from GEA forum youre a person that knows equipment.  I frankly am not a fan of the commericals especially putting Paige Spirinac in a commerical which is dumbest reason anyone would spend that much for clubs.  I do have a set of 0311s bought the heads for a great price.  They do feel really solid compared to my Srixon 765s or CF16s.  Am I saying that theyre worth double what someone would pay for those?  No but Id guess most technologically advanced iron out there.

#63 mtnbiker5

mtnbiker5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191476
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

Someone needs to come out with a "blind taste test" of all the top irons out there including PXG.  Cover all clubs in tape or something.  Same shafts and balls.  I'd love to see an unbiased review of something like this.  I know youtube has a ton of vids of englishman evaluating different clubs side by side but I question their opinions.

#64 BCULAW

BCULAW

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2307
  • Ebay ID:bculaw
GolfWRX Likes : 1775

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

Iíd expect irons with a sweet spot the size of Alaska in 2018. I mean, theyíve already got Texas covered. Whatís bigger than Texas?

#65 chisag

chisag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 916

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostBCULAW, on 02 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

I'd expect irons with a sweet spot the size of Alaska in 2018. I mean, they've already got Texas covered. What's bigger than Texas?

... This is WRX and iron forgiveness is forbidden. They need to come out with a new iron that has a sweet spot the size of one PXG weight screw, you know so we don't swing like the Tasmanian Devil, which is how forgiving irons evidently makes everyone swing.

10.5* Cobra F8/F8+ Even Flow Blue 65s
17* Cobra F8 Even Flow Blue 75s
19.5* TaylorMade 3 iron P790/UDi Even Flow Blue 85hys
4-pw TaylorMade P790 Recoil Prototype 95s
52* SM6 F Grind Recoil 110s
58* SM7 D grind Recoil 110s
33.25" Bobby Grace 6330

#66 EHolm

EHolm

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446786
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postmtnbiker5, on 02 December 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Someone needs to come out with a "blind taste test" of all the top irons out there including PXG.  Cover all clubs in tape or something.  Same shafts and balls.  I'd love to see an unbiased review of something like this.  I know youtube has a ton of vids of englishman evaluating different clubs side by side but I question their opinions.
One problem with this is that different heads work better with different shafts. If we're talking dream scenarios then you should first get fitted with each covered club and then do a head to head when all clubs perform at their best
PXG 0811X 7,5° Veylix Rome 888 X
PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
TaylorMade P770 4-7 DG X7
TaylorMade P750 8-PW DG X7
Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white x-stiff
Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white stiff
Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white stiff
Odyssey Lucky 777 SB

#67 xring-ping

xring-ping

xring-ping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53480
  • Ebay ID:dan1553
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

View Posttbone18, on 05 November 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostJgarn117, on 05 November 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I've never understood the naysayers and blowhards who bash PXG unconditionally. I have been a lifelong Titleist loyalist and can honestly say that after trying a PXG hybrid it not only lived up to the hype, but exceeded my expecatations.

I'm not certain of the other offerings as this is the only club I own and have hit from PXG but as the old adage goes, "don't knock it until you try it".
It's not that the product isn't good or bad it's more about the owner being a major blowhard and rubbing people the wrong way.
Have you met him? I met him at Toro and found him to be pleasant and unassuming. He is truly a golf equipment lover with the means to start his own brand that he is very proud of. Patriot and capitalist. Not at all a blowhard during my interaction.

-TEE XCG6              Attas T2 6s

-TEE XCG6,             Oban Revenge 85 04
-Sonartec HB001,    UST/Mamiya VTS 85r
-Ping G25 4-sw        UST Recoil

-Ping Tour W 58*     UST Recoil
-ACME Tool 'General'

#68 mctrees02

mctrees02

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116510
  • Handicap:5ish
  • Ebay ID:mctrees02
GolfWRX Likes : 300

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

when every iron has a different look at address, you can never truly camouflage them.  Itís not hard for a gear head to look down and identify AP2 vs Apex vs PXG vs Ping solely by looking at them at address.

There is no such thing as an unbiased review if a human is involved. We all have subconscious biases with anything we do.

#69 chisag

chisag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

View Postmctrees02, on 02 December 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

when every iron has a different look at address, you can never truly camouflage them.  It's not hard for a gear head to look down and identify AP2 vs Apex vs PXG vs Ping solely by looking at them at address.

There is no such thing as an unbiased review if a human is involved. We all have subconscious biases with anything we do.

... And conscious bias as well. One person looks at the PXG screws and thinks they look ridiculous and the next think they look awesome. I have posted this before but remember my first set of MP33's and wishing they had a thinner top line (I was younger then) and talked to the Mizuno Rep that told me Darren Clark had custom MP33's made with a thicker top line as he preferred a "chunky look" at address. We both loved MP33's but would be giving opposite reviews of each others clubs because of our personal bias.
33.25" Bobby Grace 6330

#70 Haloha

Haloha

GOLFFER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396522
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

View Postapprenti23, on 06 November 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

View PostWarrick, on 06 November 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

The resale market has tanked, the jig is up Bob.

Golf companies are in the business of selling new clubs and couldn't care less about the resale market. Hell PXG has yet to lower MAP pricing on any of their clubs. The 0311 iron from 2015 (three years) is still in the line and has only gone up in price from $300 to now $350. The only ones who care about "resale market" are the club whores on sites like this.

I think that is the way to do it, don't lower your prices so your used clubs hold branding value somewhat and don't come out with a new club every 6 months.  I like the way pxg is doing business, and no I don't own any pxg and actually i haven't even had time to try them lol, but someday I will.

Bag of tricks
Driver: Taylormade M1 440 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6X
Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
Irons:   Srixon 745 4-P  -2 flat/ +1strong  or  Callaway '18 X-Forged 5-PW DG AMT S400  -2 flat/ +2 strong
Wedges:Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM5-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
Putter:   Scotty Cameron Select M-1
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167133
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

I'm curious what innovations PXG will have in 2018, if any. Seems like other OEMs are catching up with the tech as evidenced by the litigation between TMag and PXG. While I have no plans to purchase Parson's products, I still think he is a relevant player in the game. He is willing to supply the capital to push technology and innovation, and leaves the other manufacturers trying to figure out a way to do it more economically.
Driver: Cobra F8+ 9° Project X HZRDUS Black S
3 Wood: TM M2 HL 16.5° Tour AD GP-7S Black Edition

Hybrid: Titleist 915 H2 Aldila Rogue 95 MSI 85H
4 iron: Mizuno MP-53
5-P: Mizuno MP-64
52°, 56°, 60°: Vokey SM5
Putter: Edel Damascus

#72 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
GolfWRX Likes : 2480

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

If they innovate anything it would be the first time. There is no push on technology or innovation as everything in his clubs has been done before. Other manufacturers are just copying his copying as several of them have done similar things to their clubs long before Parsons came waddling along with his ridiculous hype and lies about innovation.

#73 cvvorst

cvvorst

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125478
GolfWRX Likes : 911

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postbuckeyefl, on 04 December 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

If they innovate anything it would be the first time. There is no push on technology or innovation as everything in his clubs has been done before. Other manufacturers are just copying his copying as several of them have done similar things to their clubs long before Parsons came waddling along with his ridiculous hype and lies about innovation.

Did parsons hurt you? It seems odd that you find your way into pxg threads to bash them and him. It's not just once, you have to do it multiple times, rehashing the same things you said before.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course...  But I'm guessing most have a hard time taking your posts seriously when you are one of the top posters (quantity) in a pxg thread, just to bash the product.

Do you go into Scotty Cameron, Miura or JDM posts and do this kind of thing?

I tested almost every popular players iron (and some "players" GI irons) and the PXG were my favorite in terms of forgiveness, feel, and even a little boost to distance. I don't go around telling everyone to buy pxg, in fact I'll often recommend other irons. But, if asked I will tell people about my experience with pxg. The other guys I know that own pxg are so quiet about it you would have to directly ask then what irons they are playing for them to mention pxg. Most golfers don't recognize anything but the most common brands anyway, so I have a hard time believing people buy pxg for the brand recognition.

Edited by cvvorst, 05 December 2017 - 11:19 AM.

G400 Max 9.5- Tensei Orange 70 TX or Graphite Design AD TP 6TX or T// Tour M2 Dual Core 60 TX
Ping G400 Stretch AD TP 8TX
PXG 0311X 3 Iron Gen 2 HZRDUS 105 6.5 /// Mizuno MP 18 Fli HI 3 iron - HZRDUS 105 6.5
PXG 0311X 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
5 to PW PXG 0311T - Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58M
Bettinardi BB0 Tour Stock Stinger - Toulon Indianapolis

#74 1lovesputters

1lovesputters

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1713
  • Ebay ID:1lovesputters
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

+1.  Thanks for summarizing and saving me some keystrokes.

View Postcvvorst, on 05 December 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Did parsons hurt you? It seems odd that you find your way into pxg threads to bash them and him. It's not just once, you have to do it multiple times, rehashing the same things you said before.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course...  But I'm guessing most have a hard time taking your posts seriously when you are the top posters (quantity) in a pxg thread, just to bash the product.

I tested almost every popular players iron (and some "players" GI irons) and the PXG were my favorite in terms of forgiveness, feel, and even a little boost to distance. I don't go around telling everyone to buy pxg, in fact I'll often recommend other irons. But, if asked I will tell people about my experience with pxg. The other guys I know that own pxg are so quiet about it you would have to directly ask then what irons they are playing for then to mention pxg. Most golfers don't recognize anything but the most common brands anyway, so I have a hard time believing people buy pxg for the brand recognition.

TaylorMade 2018 M3 10.5 460 Tensei Blue CK Tour X
TaylorMade 2018 M3 3 wood  Fujikura 757 Evolution X
Callaway Apex16 20,23,26 (AD-DI X)
PXG 311T 6-9 KBS Tour
PXG 311T 46, 50 Sugar Daddy Chrome KBS Tour Black
Callaway MD2 Tour Vintage 56, 60 KBS Tour Black
Cameron Circle T 340 SSS Newport

#75 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

But none of those keystrokes were about any point I made.

#76 mtnbiker5

mtnbiker5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

Pxg right now clearly a botique golf company.   Like buying a new bike.  Yeah you can walk into a bike shop and buy any cannondale, trek or specialized on the rack thatís mass produced.  Or, you can invest more money and buy a hand made titanium bike from moots or Erickson that will feel so amazingly smooth to ride.  Thatís the same w pxg.  Expensive yes but I will say I noticed a big difference in feel.  unquestionable    Iíve demod these clubs head to head against Mizuno JPX, mp 18.  And 718 ap2.   Distance was very close.  Got a little more w pxg but for me itís the feel and forgiveness   Iím buying the 0311ís irons for now and im really excited.  I love the whole vibe of the company as well.  Definitely positive.  Look at Taylormade.  Theyíre coming out w m3 and m4 in January.  Callaway Rogue as well.  What happened to the m1 and m2?   How about those people who just bought those clubs.  Now theyíre clubs are soon to be outdated and worthless.  Iím tired of this in the golf industry.  All these companies just throwing out crap every year.  Almost as bad as ski industry which is worse.  If parsons in his arrogant way says they wonít come out w new product unless itís better than the old, thatís refreshing.  Hate to say it but the golf equipment companies need a swift kick in the a** and parsons is just the guy to do it.

Edited by mtnbiker5, 20 December 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#77 SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40485
GolfWRX Likes : 1754

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Customization! They gave us gold! They’ll just increase the bling (pricing)!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Viva 2018!!!
ďI think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from porn is a very solid way to choose clubs.Ē - bluedot

#78 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
GolfWRX Likes : 750

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

I've never understood the naysayers and blowhards who bash PXG unconditionally. I have been a lifelong Titleist loyalist and can honestly say that after trying a PXG hybrid it not only lived up to the hype, but exceeded my expecatations.

I'm not certain of the other offerings as this is the only club I own and have hit from PXG but as the old adage goes, "don't knock it until you try it".

what hybrid do u go with and why do u like it
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

#79 green.tea

green.tea

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462020
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Lmao
?
?
T-MB 3-4
716 CB 5-9
SM6 46/50/54/58
Newport

#80 ssfranny

ssfranny

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 380

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:10 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course...  But I'm guessing most have a hard time taking your posts seriously when you are one of the top posters (quantity) in a pxg thread, just to bash the product.

I tested almost every popular players iron (and some "players" GI irons) and the PXG were my favorite in terms of forgiveness, feel, and even a little boost to distance. I don't go around telling everyone to buy pxg, in fact I'll often recommend other irons. But, if asked I will tell people about my experience with pxg. The other guys I know that own pxg are so quiet about it you would have to directly ask then what irons they are playing for them to mention pxg. Most golfers don't recognize anything but the most common brands anyway, so I have a hard time believing people buy pxg for the brand recognition.

Agreed Mr VanderVorst most of the PXG bashers just plain can't afford their products or don't get the tech in the irons.  I mean how many blade designs are that forgiving?   And TM p790 don't even remotely compare.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 mtnbiker5

mtnbiker5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

I bet if PXGs pricing was on par w everyone else every single basher out there would have pxg in the bag and love them.  I swear I cannot find one, not one person who has tried a pxg iron not swear that they love them.  Drop da mic...

#82 green.tea

green.tea

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

View Postmtnbiker5, on 21 December 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

I bet if PXGs pricing was on par w everyone else every single basher out there would have pxg in the bag and love them.  I swear I cannot find one, not one person who has tried a pxg iron not swear that they love them.  Drop da mic...

I tried them. I can afford several sets of them. I didnít find any improvement in my testing of them. Didnít like the look or feel of them either. To each their own, I guess.
?
?
T-MB 3-4
716 CB 5-9
SM6 46/50/54/58
Newport

#83 EHolm

EHolm

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446786
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

View Postgreen.tea, on 21 December 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

I tried them. I can afford several sets of them. I didnít find any improvement in my testing of them. Didnít like the look or feel of them either. To each their own, I guess.
Each their own as w everything. Personally Iíd never put a ping iron in my bag but I donít bash people for doing so. They just donít fit me
PXG 0811X 7,5° Veylix Rome 888 X
PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
TaylorMade P770 4-7 DG X7
TaylorMade P750 8-PW DG X7
Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white x-stiff
Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white stiff
Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white stiff
Odyssey Lucky 777 SB

#84 Barracuda

Barracuda

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352033
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

Irons didn't work for me. But the driver, who most people bash, it's by far, the best I ever tried. The hybrid is great too.

#85 green.tea

green.tea

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostEHolm, on 21 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

View Postgreen.tea, on 21 December 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Each their own as w everything. Personally Iíd never put a ping iron in my bag but I donít bash people for doing so. They just donít fit me

Fair point. IMO the bashing comes from this attitude that anyone who doesnít like the PXG clubs is just too poor to afford them or too dumb to understand why they are the greatest clubs ever made. Posts like that are low-hanging fruit and are going to attract negative responses.

But I digress, back to the topic at hand...

?
?
T-MB 3-4
716 CB 5-9
SM6 46/50/54/58
Newport

#86 chisag

chisag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

View Postssfranny, on 21 December 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Agreed Mr VanderVorst most of the PXG bashers just plain can't afford their products or don't get the tech in the irons.  I mean how many blade designs are that forgiving?   And TM p790 don't even remotely compare.

... One thing to remember, as many put PXG bashing all in one basket. There is nobody to there in the golf biz like Bob Parsons. I have no opinion on PXG clubs or anyone that uses them. If you like them and they work for you, why would I have a negative opinion about that? But like Jimmy Johns, that make s good sandwich, I have an extremely negative opinion of the owner and in a capitalist society we get to vote with our wallets. I am one that is a perfect target for PXG irons. I love equipment, I can afford them and they are in the forgiving players category where my irons are purchased. But Parsons commercials represents everything in golf I dislike. Loud, obnoxious, full of itself and condescending. I would not play PXG irons if they were given to me for free. So I think it is fair to say, there are more than a few that have a negative opinion of Parsons, not his clubs.
33.25" Bobby Grace 6330

#87 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

And yet there are quite a few on this site. Pick up da mic playa.

#88 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

View Postssfranny, on 21 December 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

No, thats not it but that attitude doesnt help the image at all.

#89 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
GolfWRX Likes : 750

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostBarracuda, on 21 December 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Irons didn't work for me. But the driver, who most people bash, it's by far, the best I ever tried. The hybrid is great too.

which hybrid and how do u like it
DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

#90 Barracuda

Barracuda

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352033
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Posthurricanes7, on 21 December 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostBarracuda, on 21 December 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

which hybrid and how do u like it
Hybrid is the X version with the HZRDUS shaft. Only hybrid that outperformed my old nickent.

Driver is the first generation 0811. I tried the X, but for me, the 0811 is a beast.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors