Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 1 votes

PXG 2018 ?


61 replies to this topic

#31 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 943

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:43 AM

Iím guessing you will see something on Black Friday - perhaps something limited and um, black ?


Callaway Epic Veylix Alphina 673
TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888
Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95
PXG 0311X #4 KBS Proto 95 +1/2 1* up
TM P790 #5-G TT DG TI 120 X100 +1/2" 1* up
Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up
PXG Mustang S Black





WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 SwingMan

SwingMan

    SwingMan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:DFW Texas
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

View Posttr881430, on 05 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Parsons is the golf version of Billy Mays. Hi! This is Bob Parsons for PXG! KA BOOM BABY!

But I never thought Billy Mays was sincere/honest in his selling -- I think Bob is a golf addict and is sincere. He wants the best - he may not have it, but he wants it.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/TPT Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Steelhead XR 3,5,7 ● Callaway Big Bertha OS 22/Bassara 50 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-GW,  Miura K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno or Edel E-1 ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB
Most Clubs built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

2

#33 nohny noke

nohny noke

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165817
  • Joined: 02/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postjoey2aces, on 06 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

goes to show you OEM's cannot win with keyboard warriors. They release too much, they release too little, they copied this guy, they copied that guy, it's too expensive my wife will kill me...... oh, I can sign up for free gear on WRX?!??! I LOVE IT, BOB!!!!

I agree with your sentiment, but I feel like a healthy dose of consumer skepticism is a good thing.  The trick is to evenly apply that skepticism to all manufacturers and avoid personal hang ups and blind spots.  

I mean, they want my money and I've worked hard for it.

3

#34 Travis Duckro

Travis Duckro

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79369
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
  • Ebay ID:tduckro
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

View Postnohny noke, on 10 November 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postjoey2aces, on 06 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

goes to show you OEM's cannot win with keyboard warriors. They release too much, they release too little, they copied this guy, they copied that guy, it's too expensive my wife will kill me...... oh, I can sign up for free gear on WRX?!??! I LOVE IT, BOB!!!!

I agree with your sentiment, but I feel like a healthy dose of consumer skepticism is a good thing.  The trick is to evenly apply that skepticism to all manufacturers and avoid personal hang ups and blind spots.  

I mean, they want my money and I've worked hard for it.

PXG Player here... and I couldn't agree more.  The problem is the evenly applied skepticism.

4

#35 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 526

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

View Postapprenti23, on 05 November 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

View Posttbone18, on 05 November 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostJgarn117, on 05 November 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I've never understood the naysayers and blowhards who bash PXG unconditionally. I have been a lifelong Titleist loyalist and can honestly say that after trying a PXG hybrid it not only lived up to the hype, but exceeded my expecatations.

I'm not certain of the other offerings as this is the only club I own and have hit from PXG but as the old adage goes, "don't knock it until you try it".
It's not that the product isn't good or bad it's more about the owner being a major blowhard and rubbing people the wrong way.

Only in golf equipment would people know/care about the owner... so dumb



... Far from just golf equipment. Jimmy John's, Papa John's and trump hotels to name a few. Informed consumers do not want to support someone that is the polar opposite of their moral values. In the good ole USA we have choices and if someone else offers a similar product without being a complete a$$ consumers have the option of not supporting them, regardless of how good the product.

10.5* Epic Rogue Black Tour 110  60s
19* Adams LS hybrid Kuro Kage 85Hys
19.5* Cobra King Utility Rogue Black 85Hys
21.5* RBZ Tour Altus 85HYs
4/5 TM UDi Recoil Prototype 95s
6-pw Cobra King Forged Tour Recoil Prototype 95s
52* SM6 F Grind Recoil 110s
58* SM6 M Grind Recoil 110s
33.5" Bobby Grace 6330

5

#36 GreggM

GreggM

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70958
  • Joined: 12/17/2008
  • Location:McKinney, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Posttr881430, on 05 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Un
Parsons is the golf version of Billy Mays. Hi! This is Bob Parsons for PXG! KA BOOM BABY!

But I never thought Billy Mays was sincere/honest in his selling -- I think Bob is a golf addict and is sincere. He wants the best - he may not have it, but he wants it.
Until the day comes when Bobby Baby assures me I'll shoot 69 every round because of his superior clubs, I'll stick with my sticks that cost less than half his price.  True his clubs probably are decent, but I have a hard time believing they are that much better than what you can find in the current marketplace.  It's a lifestyle/ego product and that's ok, makes it that much sweeter winning that nassau and seeing the facial expressions....

6

#37 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.
Titleist 917 D3
Titleist 917 F
Titleist 915 H
PXG 0311T                    MCI-100 black
PXG Darkness 52/58.    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

7

#38 mukster

mukster

    Success is born of struggle

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48549
  • Joined: 02/11/2008
  • Location:North of the 49th
GolfWRX Likes : 1397

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Posttr881430, on 05 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Parsons is the golf version of Billy Mays. Hi! This is Bob Parsons for PXG! KA BOOM BABY!

But I never thought Billy Mays was sincere/honest in his selling -- I think Bob is a golf addict and is sincere. He wants the best - he may not have it, but he wants it.

It doesn't make it any less tacky :)
Callaway Big Bertha 2014 Alpha driver Diamana S+ shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 2014 3 wood Fubuki z65 shaft
Cobra Baffler 17*hybrid Fujikura Motore Shaft
Nickent 20* hybrid cheap shaft that kicks butt
Srixon Z765 5-AW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
Srixon Z565 4iron KBS Tour V shaft
Cleveland RTX-3 56* Wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

8

#39 zeke66

zeke66

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27991
  • Joined: 04/17/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Not bashing... but I had a nice set of pxg. Then got a set of miura blades. The pxg fitter I know said he liked miura blades but that they were really short. Anyways since I've switched I've noticed that the miuras may actually be longer. So pxg very good marketing, but overall club performance just average. Nothing special.

9

#40 Badf1nger

Badf1nger

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447446
  • Joined: 11/27/2016
  • Location:Wine Region of Oregon
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostMatrixcMan, on 04 November 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

PXG has addressed the market rather well through 2017 meeting the needs of all golfers. What do they have in store for 2018?

Lawsuits.  Lawsuits as far as the eye can see.

Posted Image


Driver: Ping i20 - TFC 707D S
Fairway: Ping G2 3W TFC100 S
Irons: Ping S55 Black Dot 3-P, standard l - S
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2 52**,56**,60***
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E (370g), 33in, SS PG 1.0
Ball: TM TP5


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 dont rory be happy

dont rory be happy

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462658
  • Joined: 04/09/2017
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. Don’t know why everyone is so salty because they price their clubs so high.

11

#42 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:52 AM

View Postapprenti23, on 06 November 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

View Postssfranny, on 05 November 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

I think they're like a high end Ping Forged

Does anyone even know what that is? Donít think that club exists!

2013/2014 Anser Forged they were PXG expensive when they came out

12

#43 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:57 AM

View PostGreggM, on 11 November 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostSwingMan, on 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Posttr881430, on 05 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Un
Parsons is the golf version of Billy Mays. Hi! This is Bob Parsons for PXG! KA BOOM BABY!

But I never thought Billy Mays was sincere/honest in his selling -- I think Bob is a golf addict and is sincere. He wants the best - he may not have it, but he wants it.
Until the day comes when Bobby Baby assures me I'll shoot 69 every round because of his superior clubs, I'll stick with my sticks that cost less than half his price.  True his clubs probably are decent, but I have a hard time believing they are that much better than what you can find in the current marketplace.  It's a lifestyle/ego product and that's ok, makes it that much sweeter winning that nassau and seeing the facial expressions....

I have a set of Miuras and a set of PXGs the latter are more forgiving and longer by one club.  1.5 clubs if it's Mp 18 sc.

13

#44 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostKCCO, on 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.



You hit the nail on the head here. Just a bunch of negative people looking for something to whine about because that's what they do. I would have loved to been on this board ( if it even existed ) back when Callaway came out with the original "Great Big Bertha" driver at twice the price of the current offerings at the time.
PXG 0811X 10.5* | Graphite Design Tour ADI-6
Adams Tight Lies 14* | Bassara Stiff
Adams Pro A12 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver Stiff
PXG 0311 4-6 0311T  / 7-PW | ACCRA 100I Graphite Stiff
Callaway MD3 - 50* / 54* / 58* | DG TI S400 Black Onyx Wedge Flex
PXG Gunboat H

PXG STAFF BAG

14

#45 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 526

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostKCCO, on 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.

... I can't speak for everyone but think the above describes more than a few. I don't really have any opinion on what clubs golfers play or how much they pay for them. Capitalism makes it possible to buy clubs at Costco or fit by PXG and anything in-between. I have a $799 shaft in my driver so cost isn't a criteria. None of that changes the fact that Parsons commercials are the tackiest golf commercials I have ever seen and I simply would to want to be associated with his products. Those commercials conjure up the exact kind of person I detest on a golf course ... loud, obnoxious, dropping cigar ashes on the green, talking on their cell phone while others wait, driving their carts right next to the green, etc. This of course may not describe a PXG player at all, but that is what the commercials make me think of. Not that I care what others think of my club choice, as someone commenting on the clubs in my bag is extremely rare, just my own personal compass would not allow me to play Parsons clubs. If I was given a free set of custom fit PXG's I would just sell them and buy something I would enjoy playing.

10.5* Epic Rogue Black Tour 110  60s
19* Adams LS hybrid Kuro Kage 85Hys
19.5* Cobra King Utility Rogue Black 85Hys
21.5* RBZ Tour Altus 85HYs
4/5 TM UDi Recoil Prototype 95s
6-pw Cobra King Forged Tour Recoil Prototype 95s
52* SM6 F Grind Recoil 110s
58* SM6 M Grind Recoil 110s
33.5" Bobby Grace 6330

15

#46 Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69095
  • Joined: 11/11/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Anyone actually playing these able to speak to their forgiveness level? I am a high handicapper who has no shame in seeking the most forgiving sticks. Does all the technology = significantly easier to hit / control?

16

#47 SwingMan

SwingMan

    SwingMan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:DFW Texas
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostJimmy Mac, on 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Anyone actually playing these able to speak to their forgiveness level? I am a high handicapper who has no shame in seeking the most forgiving sticks. Does all the technology = significantly easier to hit / control?

Demo the 0311 XF. Long heel to toe, more offset, wider sole, all equaling more forgiveness.

Edited by SwingMan, 13 November 2017 - 01:21 PM.

"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/TPT Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Steelhead XR 3,5,7 ● Callaway Big Bertha OS 22/Bassara 50 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-GW,  Miura K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno or Edel E-1 ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB
Most Clubs built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

17

#48 Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69095
  • Joined: 11/11/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Will see if I can get lucky and find those ... I'm a lefty and boutique clubs are mighty hard to find to demo. Thanks for the info!

18

#49 mlesser

mlesser

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70338
  • Joined: 12/06/2008
  • Ebay ID:NA
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

View Postdont rory be happy, on 11 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. Don’t know why everyone is so salty because they price their clubs so high.

Well said, honestly it gets old.  I have tried hitting about everything.   I personally haven't hit anything better and that is why I own them (irons). It's a matter of personal choice, but the way that people attack other people for their choice in supporting them and PXG as a whole on this site just turns me off.

I do remember reading somewhere they where working on their next generation of irons, but that could have been just the XF's or driving iron's to be honest.

Edited by mlesser, 13 November 2017 - 07:23 PM.


19

#50 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

View Postmlesser, on 13 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

View Postdont rory be happy, on 11 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. Don’t know why everyone is so salty because they price their clubs so high.

Well said, honestly it gets old.  I have tried hitting about everything.   I personally haven't hit anything better and that is why I own them (irons).    It's a matter of personal choice, but the way that people attack other people for their choice in supporting them and PXG as a whole on this site just turns me off.

I do remember reading somewhere they where working on their next generation of irons, but that could have been just the XF's or driving iron's to be honest.
Another thing I like about PXG. The company (or Bob) said he will not release another iron to replace something unless it's a major improvement over their present offering. I actually like that theory, as every other OEM (Titleist being the least of the bunch) to just release new equipment every 6 months rather than putting something new out that is a vast improvement over the previous iron, hybrid, etc. I like the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. Seems to be working for them.

Titleist 917 D3
Titleist 917 F
Titleist 915 H
PXG 0311T                    MCI-100 black
PXG Darkness 52/58.    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1555

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

View PostKCCO, on 13 November 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

View Postmlesser, on 13 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

View Postdont rory be happy, on 11 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. Don’t know why everyone is so salty because they price their clubs so high.

Well said, honestly it gets old.  I have tried hitting about everything.   I personally haven't hit anything better and that is why I own them (irons). It's a matter of personal choice, but the way that people attack other people for their choice in supporting them and PXG as a whole on this site just turns me off.

I do remember reading somewhere they where working on their next generation of irons, but that could have been just the XF's or driving iron's to be honest.
Another thing I like about PXG. The company (or Bob) said he will not release another iron to replace something unless it's a major improvement over their present offering. I actually like that theory, as every other OEM (Titleist being the least of the bunch) to just release new equipment every 6 months rather than putting something new out that is a vast improvement over the previous iron, hybrid, etc. I like the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. Seems to be working for them.

Serious question, do you actually believe what he said?

21

#52 alfie33

alfie33

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119967
  • Joined: 01/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostJimmy Mac, on 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Anyone actually playing these able to speak to their forgiveness level? I am a high handicapper who has no shame in seeking the most forgiving sticks. Does all the technology = significantly easier to hit / control?

YES! My experience is that they are 1,5 clubs longer, and very forgiving! In my fitting, the numbers were almost identical with TM P790. So why did I buy the 0311? Well, the only different thing was feel...  I was set on buying the P790, even ordered them, because I couldn't justify the difference in price. But when I woke up every morning I couldn't stop thinking about the 0311...  I cancelled the P790 and got the 0311 instead. I still can´t justify the difference in price, but now when I wake up, I can focus on the tasks of the day... :)
But then again, I live in Norway and I haven´t seen any of the commercials with smoking players driving too close to the green...
Titleist 917D2 ADDI
Titleist 917 F2 ADTP
Titleist 818 H1 Tensei CK
PXG 0311 ACCRA 80i
Titleist 50 ACCRA 90i tipped
Titleist 54 KBS Hi-Rev2
Nike Vr 58 KBS Hi-Rev
Scotty Cameron Futura 5X Circle-T

22

#53 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1555

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

View Postssfranny, on 13 November 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

View PostGreggM, on 11 November 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostSwingMan, on 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Posttr881430, on 05 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Un
Parsons is the golf version of Billy Mays. Hi! This is Bob Parsons for PXG! KA BOOM BABY!

But I never thought Billy Mays was sincere/honest in his selling -- I think Bob is a golf addict and is sincere. He wants the best - he may not have it, but he wants it.
Until the day comes when Bobby Baby assures me I'll shoot 69 every round because of his superior clubs, I'll stick with my sticks that cost less than half his price.  True his clubs probably are decent, but I have a hard time believing they are that much better than what you can find in the current marketplace.  It's a lifestyle/ego product and that's ok, makes it that much sweeter winning that nassau and seeing the facial expressions....

I have a set of Miuras and a set of PXGs the latter are more forgiving and longer by one club.  1.5 clubs if it's Mp 18 sc.

And why is that?

23

#54 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1555

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:46 AM

View Postalfie33, on 14 November 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

View PostJimmy Mac, on 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Anyone actually playing these able to speak to their forgiveness level? I am a high handicapper who has no shame in seeking the most forgiving sticks. Does all the technology = significantly easier to hit / control?

YES! My experience is that they are 1,5 clubs longer, and very forgiving! In my fitting, the numbers were almost identical with TM P790. So why did I buy the 0311? Well, the only different thing was feel...  I was set on buying the P790, even ordered them, because I couldn't justify the difference in price. But when I woke up every morning I couldn't stop thinking about the 0311...  I cancelled the P790 and got the 0311 instead. I still can´t justify the difference in price, but now when I wake up, I can focus on the tasks of the day... :)
But then again, I live in Norway and I haven´t seen any of the commercials with smoking players driving too close to the green...

A good honest answer.

24

#55 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 943

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

View Postalfie33, on 14 November 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

View PostJimmy Mac, on 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Anyone actually playing these able to speak to their forgiveness level? I am a high handicapper who has no shame in seeking the most forgiving sticks. Does all the technology = significantly easier to hit / control?

YES! My experience is that they are 1,5 clubs longer, and very forgiving! In my fitting, the numbers were almost identical with TM P790. So why did I buy the 0311? Well, the only different thing was feel...  I was set on buying the P790, even ordered them, because I couldn't justify the difference in price. But when I woke up every morning I couldn't stop thinking about the 0311...  I cancelled the P790 and got the 0311 instead. I still can´t justify the difference in price, but now when I wake up, I can focus on the tasks of the day... :)
But then again, I live in Norway and I haven´t seen any of the commercials with smoking players driving too close to the green...

And I went the other way - played the 0311s for an entire season (70+ rounds) and then switched to the 790s.  I will 100% agree tha the feel is sooooo much better in the PXG, but oddly enough the smaller sole if the 790 actually helps he forgiveness wise.  
I’ve actually sold my PXG set, but have since purchased a 0311X 4 iron (I had the XF prior, and then the 790).  That is one great club off the tee too!


Callaway Epic Veylix Alphina 673
TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888
Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95
PXG 0311X #4 KBS Proto 95 +1/2 1* up
TM P790 #5-G TT DG TI 120 X100 +1/2" 1* up
Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up
PXG Mustang S Black





WITB Link

25

#56 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Bottom line is PXG's are very forgiving, great feel and best looking iron out there. If you can afford them buy them, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PXG 0811X 10.5* | Graphite Design Tour ADI-6
Adams Tight Lies 14* | Bassara Stiff
Adams Pro A12 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver Stiff
PXG 0311 4-6 0311T  / 7-PW | ACCRA 100I Graphite Stiff
Callaway MD3 - 50* / 54* / 58* | DG TI S400 Black Onyx Wedge Flex
PXG Gunboat H

PXG STAFF BAG

26

#57 Jeudey7

Jeudey7

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409626
  • Joined: 01/23/2016
  • Location:Farmington, NM
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

I play PXG and like them a lot. I went from a 2.6 handicap to a -1.8. Forgiveness is impressive even in the 0311t irons. I did replace the woods with TaylorMade because they are just better for me.

However, the arrogance of Bob Parsons drives me nuts. Makes me want to sell all my PXG and go with something else. Sure, he’s always been that way, but the whole lawsuit thing turned me off. He thinks he created everything golf related now that he sells some high end clubs. Kaboom baby is just stupid. He sounds like such a ******.

27

#58 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostJeudey7, on 14 November 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

I play PXG and like them a lot. I went from a 2.6 handicap to a -1.8. Forgiveness is impressive even in the 0311t irons. I did replace the woods with TaylorMade because they are just better for me.

However, the arrogance of Bob Parsons drives me nuts. Makes me want to sell all my PXG and go with something else. Sure, he’s always been that way, but the whole lawsuit thing turned me off. He thinks he created everything golf related now that he sells some high end clubs. Kaboom baby is just stupid. He sounds like such a ******.



I suppose your right to a point. I obviously don't know the man but he does come across as very arrogant. And agreed, some of the commercials are just really annoying and I can see how they turn people off. But when you look at how much he does and gives monetarily to the military it offsets it for me. Probably a really good guy behind all the "show and tell".
PXG 0811X 10.5* | Graphite Design Tour ADI-6
Adams Tight Lies 14* | Bassara Stiff
Adams Pro A12 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver Stiff
PXG 0311 4-6 0311T  / 7-PW | ACCRA 100I Graphite Stiff
Callaway MD3 - 50* / 54* / 58* | DG TI S400 Black Onyx Wedge Flex
PXG Gunboat H

PXG STAFF BAG

28

#59 Badf1nger

Badf1nger

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447446
  • Joined: 11/27/2016
  • Location:Wine Region of Oregon
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostSPARKP, on 13 November 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostKCCO, on 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.



You hit the nail on the head here. Just a bunch of negative people looking for something to whine about because that's what they do. I would have loved to been on this board ( if it even existed ) back when Callaway came out with the original "Great Big Bertha" driver at twice the price of the current offerings at the time.

I think you're wrong in that people were willing to pay for the GBB due to performance.  It shattered expectations at the time.  Something Parsons has only been able to do in a litigious sense. I think most folks would be willing to shell out the funds if the juice was worth the squeeze.

Unfortunately, their clubs are basic in looks, use 20 year old TM technology in the foam fill, and don't offer any marked performance upgrades for the price.

In other words, they are the Corvette of golf clubs.  Overpriced, gimmicky, and not really respected by most auto-enthusiasts while being coveted by mostly old men who are wanting to be seen in a certain light.

Posted Image


Driver: Ping i20 - TFC 707D S
Fairway: Ping G2 3W TFC100 S
Irons: Ping S55 Black Dot 3-P, standard l - S
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2 52**,56**,60***
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E (370g), 33in, SS PG 1.0
Ball: TM TP5


29

#60 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostBadf1nger, on 15 November 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostSPARKP, on 13 November 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostKCCO, on 11 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It always comes down to justifying the price of PXG regardless of post...is anyone ever looking at equipment on the JDM front? A set of Epon, Seven, Honma, etc....are all in same price range, some more. Comparing these to what you see in a box store in the states doesn't really make sense as they are targeted at a market that most shopping at golf galaxy won't justify the price, therefore don't carry. But even Titleist (Vokey) has some $400 wedges, and most OEM's popular in states (TMAG, Titleist, Mizzy, even Cleveland) have a JDM line of clubs about double the price of what you get from a big box store in the states.
Just seems many have a grudge with Mr.Parson's and not the clubs themselves.



You hit the nail on the head here. Just a bunch of negative people looking for something to whine about because that's what they do. I would have loved to been on this board ( if it even existed ) back when Callaway came out with the original "Great Big Bertha" driver at twice the price of the current offerings at the time.

I think you're wrong in that people were willing to pay for the GBB due to performance.  It shattered expectations at the time.  Something Parsons has only been able to do in a litigious sense. I think most folks would be willing to shell out the funds if the juice was worth the squeeze.

Unfortunately, their clubs are basic in looks, use 20 year old TM technology in the foam fill, and don't offer any marked performance upgrades for the price.

In other words, they are the Corvette of golf clubs.  Overpriced, gimmicky, and not really respected by most auto-enthusiasts while being coveted by mostly old men who are wanting to be seen in a certain light.





I never said people were willing to pay for the GBB due to performance, don't know where you got that from. Also it's my money and I can do whatever I want with it. Nobody said anyone had to buy PXG clubs or even like them. Your post exemplifies exactly what I was talking about.

PXG 0811X 10.5* | Graphite Design Tour ADI-6
Adams Tight Lies 14* | Bassara Stiff
Adams Pro A12 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver Stiff
PXG 0311 4-6 0311T  / 7-PW | ACCRA 100I Graphite Stiff
Callaway MD3 - 50* / 54* / 58* | DG TI S400 Black Onyx Wedge Flex
PXG Gunboat H

PXG STAFF BAG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    jac17

GolfWRX Sponsors