Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Callaway Balls?


68 replies to this topic

#61 Jungleland

Jungleland

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445486
  • Joined: 11/02/2016
  • Location:Scottsdale, AZ
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

View Posterock9174, on 02 January 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostJungleland, on 02 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

The opening preamble however was not, when you start with a negative you lose your audience before they get to the heart of the story - this is by design:

The last year has been a tumultuous one for TaylorMade Golf. Gone are the days of a midnight driver launch, where golfers lined up to grab the latest and greatest from the company that was billed as the number one driver in golf. Back in May, the company was sold by adidas to KPS Capital Partners and the next several months were filled with a lot of changes internally.

Definitely not a THP apologist but I would say that is a pretty accurate description of TM in the recent past.  No ?

Don't argue that point, I just see agenda's for what they are however.  A new release isn't necessarily a time for punditry but reporting the facts about the new release.

Edited by Jungleland, 02 January 2018 - 02:35 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 SwingMan

SwingMan

    SwingMan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:DFW Texas
  • Handicap:11.5
GolfWRX Likes : 903

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Postjjfcpa, on 27 December 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I don't get it.  All this price creep in a market that everyone says is not growing.  So OEM's have to increase their prices to maintain their profit margins?  I wonder if any of them thought of decreasing their profit margins and increasing their units sold as a way to increase their profit margins?  Basic finance and in a diminishing market, it's a great temporary strategy.  Steal market share based on pricing, then make a moderate price increase year-over-year.  Going up $ 5 on a $ 39.99 price is a little extreme; especially if there is no performance improvement to go with it.

Saw a note from Callaway in their community -- if no performance improvement, that tech does not go into the ball and no higher price. If the tech costs more and results in performance improvement, they will increase the price, but no, not up to the ProV line.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/VA SLAY 55 03 (Tipped .25)  ● Exotics EX10 3,5,7 GD AD F 55/65 ● Exotics EX10 22 GD ADHY 75 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-PW,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB; Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

2

#63 awtryau89

awtryau89

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23272
  • Joined: 12/29/2006
  • Location:Hoschton, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Look, the major difference between here and over there are the owner and some of the mods. There are a few mods over there that stand up for everyone. This site has as many Taylormade fanboys, Callaway fanboys, Ping fanboys, etc. Probably more of each if I had to say. Everyone spars with the other demanding their latest purchase is the best. I am right in among them. Over here, you'll never see a mod jump in and detract from any brand, whether it be a sponsor or not. They just remain quiet and allow the community to work. Over there you have an owner that will completely destroy a manufacturer in the community's eyes with hundreds of small leading posts. No one will ever take him to task because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their chance at being chosen for one of their "truly randomized" trips. Its really a joke and I was part of it for a while until I decided it wasn't worth being anyone's b****.

3

#64 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 562

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

View Postawtryau89, on 02 January 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

. No one will ever take him to task because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their chance at being chosen for one of their "truly randomized" trips. Its really a joke and I was part of it for a while until I decided it wasn't worth being anyone's b****.

Not refuting your statement.

I voiced my opinions a few times and while I wasn’t blocked most of my questions about product, etc were ignored.

I think the main difference between the sites is sheer size. Over here mods don’t need to get involved because readership is so large. Over there you’d have no thread movement if the owner, staff writers and mods didn’t spend 24 hrs of their day posting.
Driver: Ping G812 HZRDUS T800
Fairway: Ping K15 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 4 & 5
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 50* / Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: Golf Pride CP2 Wrap
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

4

#65 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

    Certified Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
  • Joined: 06/13/2012
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

View PostJungleland, on 01 January 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postawtryau89, on 01 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostJungleland, on 31 December 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

View Postjjfcpa, on 27 December 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I don't get it.  All this price creep in a market that everyone says is not growing.  So OEM's have to increase their prices to maintain their profit margins?  I wonder if any of them thought of decreasing their profit margins and increasing their units sold as a way to increase their profit margins?  Basic finance and in a diminishing market, it's a great temporary strategy.  Steal market share based on pricing, then make a moderate price increase year-over-year.  Going up $ 5 on a $ 39.99 price is a little extreme; especially if there is no performance improvement to go with it.

Be careful, the sycophants on the other site who are incredibly objective after being seeded with thousands of dollars of freebies will shoot down that logic!!

Hey, there's not bias on that site. Just ask and they will immediately tell you so. Just don't try and like any equipment by any manufacturer that doesn't sponsor one of their trips and you'll be fine.


What a clown show they are!!!

As evidenced by the head of the lemmings starting his first shot across the bow at the M3 and M4 drivers - technology can't be revolutionary when you aren't a sponsor.

All the above...so funny and so true.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G25 3 wood
Ping G25 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

5

#66 Kmac™

Kmac™

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 PM

View Postawtryau89, on 02 January 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Look, the major difference between here and over there are the owner and some of the mods. There are a few mods over there that stand up for everyone. This site has as many Taylormade fanboys, Callaway fanboys, Ping fanboys, etc. Probably more of each if I had to say. Everyone spars with the other demanding their latest purchase is the best. I am right in among them. Over here, you'll never see a mod jump in and detract from any brand, whether it be a sponsor or not. They just remain quiet and allow the community to work. Over there you have an owner that will completely destroy a manufacturer in the community's eyes with hundreds of small leading posts. No one will ever take him to task because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their chance at being chosen for one of their "truly randomized" trips. Its really a joke and I was part of it for a while until I decided it wasn't worth being anyone's b****.

View Posterock9174, on 02 January 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

View Postawtryau89, on 02 January 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

. No one will ever take him to task because they wouldn't want to jeopardize their chance at being chosen for one of their "truly randomized" trips. Its really a joke and I was part of it for a while until I decided it wasn't worth being anyone's b****.

Not refuting your statement.

I voiced my opinions a few times and while I wasn't blocked most of my questions about product, etc were ignored.

I think the main difference between the sites is sheer size. Over here mods don't need to get involved because readership is so large. Over there you'd have no thread movement if the owner, staff writers and mods didn't spend 24 hrs of their day posting.

Good to see people are finally seeing past the bullxxxx over there. Moving on from that place was one of the best things I ever did regardless of free stuff or not.

6

#67 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1139

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 02 January 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Saw a note from Callaway in their community -- if no performance improvement, that tech does not go into the ball and no higher price. If the tech costs more and results in performance improvement, they will increase the price, but no, not up to the ProV line.
That's interesting. Using that statement I guess Callaway thought there was massive performance improvement and tech in the Speed Regime balls as they were $47.99 at retail, same as the ProV1, when they first came out.

7

#68 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Blackwoodnj
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM

Its seriously amazing. Huge improvement. Flys forever off the driver, but consistent unlike the original CS. Has such a great feel to it. Would highly recommend even titleist loyalists even pick up a sleeve because this is in a league of its own.

8

#69 Hehateme

Hehateme

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133784
  • Joined: 07/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted Yesterday, 08:11 PM

View PostCharles.eichman, on 17 January 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Its seriously amazing. Huge improvement. Flys forever off the driver, but consistent unlike the original CS. Has such a great feel to it. Would highly recommend even titleist loyalists even pick up a sleeve because this is in a league of its own.

Has to be sarcasm-

9



4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors