Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

US Kids Wait List?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darter79

darter79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

We are currently on a waitlist for one of the regional events. I don't have high expectations for getting in but in y'alls expeerence what would the odds be of getting in. Currently sitting at number 2. Just trying to plan around it as much as I can.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 kekoa

kekoa

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1332

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

I've only been on the waiting list once.  My son was 5th and got in just a few days before the event.  It's really hard to say whether your daughter will get in, but being 2nd on the wait list she probably has a good chance.  When is the event?

Here is the cancellation policy for regionals:
  • All cancellation requests submitted outside of eight weeks from the first round of the Championship will receive the entry fee minus $50.
  • All cancellation requests submitted outside of four weeks from the first round of the Championship will receive the entry fee minus $125.
  • All cancellation requests submitted inside four weeks from the first round of the Championship will not receive a refund.

#3 rbj69

rbj69

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432282
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

my son plays us kids tournaments 8 years old and i have never seen a wait list , thats strange

#4 darter79

darter79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

View Postkekoa, on 02 November 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

I've only been on the waiting list once.  My son was 5th and got in just a few days before the event.  It's really hard to say whether your daughter will get in, but being 2nd on the wait list she probably has a good chance.  When is the event?

Here is the cancellation policy for regionals:
  • All cancellation requests submitted outside of eight weeks from the first round of the Championship will receive the entry fee minus $50.
  • All cancellation requests submitted outside of four weeks from the first round of the Championship will receive the entry fee minus $125.
  • All cancellation requests submitted inside four weeks from the first round of the Championship will not receive a refund.

only a few days, yeah that wouldnt work well since its in another state. That wouldnt work well for travel arrangements.  Time will tell. The event the Hoilday Classic which is a couple of days before Christmas.

View Postrbj69, on 02 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

my son plays us kids tournaments 8 years old and i have never seen a wait list , thats strange

its for a regional event not the local ones

#5 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

Seems reasonable that there might be a wait list for a Regional tourney due to demand.  Of all things, my kid got wait-listed at a local last weekend (was #1 on the list) and didn't get in. We played at our home course (The Bridges) anyway that day and he shot his best there of -2.

Best of luck and I hope there are enough spots for your kid to get into the tourney. :golfer:

Edited by wildcatden, 02 November 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#6 Shades234

Shades234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446016
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 02 November 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Seems reasonable that there might be a wait list for a Regional tourney due to demand.  Of all things, my kid got wait-listed at a local last weekend (was #1 on the list) and didn't get in. We played at our home course (The Bridges) anyway that day and he shot his best there of -2.

Best of luck and I hope there are enough spots for your kid to get into the tourney. :golfer:

Jeez. -2 at The Bridges. The other kids are lucky yours did not get in.
Driver - Titleist 910 D3
3w - Taylormade R9 15 deg.
Hybrid - Taylormade R15 19 deg.
Irons - Titleist 710 AP2 4-9 - Project X 6.0
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 48, 52, 56, 60 deg.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

#7 darter79

darter79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 02 November 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

we hope so due to the location we are hoping to make a vacation out of it to justify the cost a bit ha! Or at least I am to my wife.

#8 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Have been in on waiting lists for Locals in Florida.  Got in both times.  I would guess that if you were second on the waiting list that you are going to get in.  The 12 year old World Champion this year was on the waiting list and got in two days before the tournament.

#9 MikekiM

MikekiM

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415850
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

We were wait listed for a regional at #2, we did get in after just a couple days.  I would think a regional is more likely to get in since there's usually travelling involved for a number of the players, making scheduling a little more difficult.
Local tournaments are probably much harder to get in from the wait list since everyone's local.
Taylor Made R15
Ping G25
Taylor Made Jetspeed Hybrid
Titleist T-MB
Titleist 716 CB
Titleist Vokey SM6
Scotty Cameron Newport
K-Sig Ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors